Weather Shop - www.weathershop.co.uk

4.4

Weather Shop - www.weathershop.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Zero Customer Service !”

written by RDKoch on 16/08/2023

Having made initial contact with the Weather Shop wanting to purchase a TFA weather station and protector, being the distributor in the UK, I found the customer service support appalling. Firstly, obtaining a quote for the item as they did not stock it and needed to speak with TFA in Germany. I had to make five calls as a follow-up before I got the quote, having been told they were too busy to arrange a quote(excellent, I thought, in this economic climate). Subsequently, when I eventually did receive the quote and wanted to place the order, I was met by a harsh and rude sales manager who told me she could not take orders as the lady was out for lunch. I was told I would get a call back to place my order; despite waiting 4 hours and three phone calls later, I called back to complain about this appalling service. I was so thankful I never placed an order, as if there was a problem with the item/s, then I certainly did not feel confident it would be dealt with swiftly or even at all. Very disappointing indeed with such poor service, and being part of a larger group, it seems the everyday customer like myself is not treated with any priority, and certainly in such a casual and carefree approach. I am writing to the parent company to complain as I am sure the shareholders will be pleased that customers cannot place orders and are treated so casually- NOT!!

“Great service and great products”

written by Hexpol on 05/05/2023

A few years back, I purchased a couple of weather stations from Amazon, but they were useless. Four years ago, I came across Weathershop.co.uk, and was immediately impressed by the quality advice I got from an agent, and that their units were used professionally throughout the world in a range of different settings such as football stadiums, schools and the like. The difference between the cheap Amazon weather station and the one I purchased from them was unbelievable. The signal from the sending unit was able to get through the thick walls we have in our house, and it has given us constant pleasure to monitor the weather outside. A few weeks ago, the weather station developed a fault and a quick call with the agent identified what the issue was, and I was able to get the replacement part which was very easy to fit, and it is now back up and running. I can't recommend the shop and their service enough and would have no hesitation in buying another weather station from there. The equipment is professional grade and built to withstand harsh weather. The bottom line is pay a little bit more and get the best. It is well worth it in the long run.

“Refused to replace faulty station”

written by ouGuzman259 on 09/12/2022

My weather station consul malfunctioned and they asked me to send the entire station back. Told me they would not replace the station as there was damage in transet of a part that did not need to be sent. Have kept the faulty console and the broken part. (only broken when in their possession) and refuse to communicate.

“Excellent Service”

written by skimstone on 02/06/2012

Experienced excellent customer service from Weather Shop on more than one occasion. Exchanged product for a different model with little fuss soon after buying. A faulty rain gauge was replaced quickly and easily. Great range of products and real expertise.

“Oregon scientific weather station barr208hg”

written by Andrew365 on 09/12/2011

The weather station is a very smart looking piece of kit. It was despached very quickly and very well packaged. I would recommened this model to anyone who wants to instantly know whats going on around them weather wise. This seller is one of the quickest i have dealt with. Five star plus

“Super Shop”

written by Dancer on 07/12/2011

Bought weather station & bits last year - great. When I phoned with a small problem help & service super. Purchased another one this year as a present. Again SUPER service

“great price, really fast delivery”

written by cathscat on 04/12/2011

price much better than argos, arrived first class post on free delivery - great service, thanks

“Oregon BAR206 Weather Station”

written by on 01/12/2011

Excellent service, I ordered on Tuesday afternoon and my goods arrived on Wednesday morning on free delivery. I can't comment on the product because it is a Christmas present for my brother. Will definately order from them again.

“Excellent Delivery”

written by chrise22 on 11/11/2011

Ordered late on Wednesday evening, delivered by Post Office at 10:00 hours Friday morning using first class post, can't fault that. Easy to get going and after a short while showing everthing expected. looks nice, very pleased with product, price and delivery. thanks.

“Oregon Scientific BAR 206 Weather Station”

written by Bishop65 on 08/11/2011

My previous Oregon weather station had worked well for many years but it finaly decided to stop displaying the temperature readings correctly. I ordered the BAR 206 with an extra sensor (to go inside the greenhouse).It arrived very quickly from Weathershop and was very easy to set up.As soon as I switched it to search for sensors, BINGO! it found my

“A great service”

written by on 18/06/2011

The website is easy to navigate and is kept up to date. The goods were delivered within 24 hours of ordering, with free delivery. A superb service and I would not hesitate to use them again.

“First UV sensor developed a fault,worked fine all...”

written by on 15/05/2011

First UV sensor developed a fault,worked fine all summer but got no readings the following spring.Returned UV sensor for testing and was found to be faulty.The Weather Shop was very helpful and fast in replying to my email,and within a week a new replacement arriveved with my returned post refunded.Highly recommeded.

“The web site is very easy to navigate and pictures and...”

written by on 26/04/2011

The web site is very easy to navigate and pictures and information very clear. Delivery was fast and well packaged. Their service and technical advice is particularly good.

“Great range of products and ease of use of website....”

written by on 24/04/2011

Great range of products and ease of use of website. Service and delivery very prompt, would definately use again.

“Reasonnable pricing and on time delivery, this is the...”

written by on 24/04/2011

Reasonnable pricing and on time delivery, this is the third station I am buying from them. Their support is quite impressive.

“Easy to find what I wanted and and my order arrived...”

written by on 23/04/2011

Easy to find what I wanted and and my order arrived the next day without paying extra. Will use Weather Shop again.

“It was hard to write a review about Weather Shop. On...”

written by PaulW2020 on 24/11/2010

It was hard to write a review about Weather Shop. On the one hand goods were sent out on time and stock levels quoted were correct.

So no problems with ordering from them.

The reason for not giving 4 or 5 stars is their site reviews. I received a weather station as a Christmas present a year or so ago. This was poor quality and ceased to function within 6 months of having it

I left a negative review a few weeks ago but this was never published. I contacted them to ask why but never received a response. I added another review but to no avail.

Safebuy Ltd's Response to PaulW2020's Review

Written on: 13/04/2011

It is not correct to say that negative reviews on this website are never published. We run the SafeBuy Stars system which is now used by Weather Front. This shows the last 20 rolling reviews and Weather Front have no control over whether they are positive or negative. We publish everything. Try clicking on the Stars link on their home page.

Weathershop's Response to PaulW2020's Review

Written on: 14/04/2011

Please let us be clear. The gentleman purchased a simple station for £120 and not £1000 but that doesn't mean we don't offer warranty or support if you contact us.
<br/>
<br/>The first we knew of this was a negative post. We had not been contacted about a faulty product although lets be fair email sometimes gets lost to spam filters and the like but there is always the phone. Although
<br/>subsequently we have been in email contact with the gentlman.
<br/>
<br/>We declined to apporove this review because we felt that (given the thousands of this product we have sold over the years without issue) the review was unbalanced, would give an incorrect view of a very poular product and in particular contained language that will not appear on our web site.
<br/>
<br/>If anyone cares to look, contrary to what the gentleman says, there are negative product reviews on our web site.