Sinclairs of Inverurie - www.sinclairsofinverurie.co.uk

2.5
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

“The best jewellers in Wimbledon. Brilliant staff and...”

written by Yael371 on 02/10/2023

The staff and service were excellent and I would recommend them to anyone. There is no other jewellers like this anywhere. My partner and I are very happy.

“**Terrible ear piercing experience**”

written by UK511705 on 02/08/2023

My daughter and I attended Sinclairs jewellers in Inverurie yesterday to get her ears pierced for her 8th birthday. We were reassured by both the Sinclairs website, which calls the Inverness ear piercing system 'fantastic, safe and simple' and by the Inverness website which says it's 'safe and gentle'. My daughter's experience was anything but. Both of the carriers got stuck on the earrings and then unfolded what felt like an eternity with her in a lot of pain as the assistants fiddled with the carriers to try to remove them from the freshly pierced ears. I had been filiming this to show her dad, but quickly stopped filming when I realised something was not right. That much was abundantly clear from the face of one of the assistants who was visibly panicked/stressed by the situation. I gave my daughter my hand to squeeze and as this went on I was very alarmed and asked the assistant what had happened to which she replied it had 'got stuck'. By this stage my daugher was squealing in pain and uncontrollably crying. Thereafter I would have expected a high level of customer care but my daughter was told it 'would still have hurt if it hadn't gone wrong' and 'sometimes one gets stuck but I've never seen both get stuck - you were unlucky'. I was quite frankly shocked and very suprised that I was asked to pay since in her own words it had 'gone wrong' but I just wanted to get my daughter out of the shop as quickly as possible to be able to comfort her. I cannot believe they are using this system, especially on children, since there is a known issue with it. Having contacted both Sinclairs and Inverness Piercing today, I am no more satisfied that the system is safe or gentle, nor was there any improvement in the standard of customer care from Sinclairs. If I could give zero stars, I would.

“Horrible staff”

written by Morganq44 on 31/05/2023

Visited for the first time to replace a damaged item to be laughed at and bitched about behind my back whilst I sat in the cafe. It was my sister and her partner who overhead whilst walking through the shop. Upon complaining apparently I am untrue as cctv was checked!! A representative was very cheeky and said she is happy we won’t be returning! Well, I can assure you and your members of staff that we certainly won’t be returning to this shambles of a place my 14 year old daughter behaves more mature. Laugh at me all you like but the joke is on people like you who rely on customers to pay your wages! Absolute disgrace of an outfit

“Excellent service!”

written by DakotaSims356 on 11/11/2021

I purchased a lovely Swarovski Tennis bracelet and pendant for my daughter’s wedding. The staff could not be more helpful and super friendly! Excellent service!

“Cheap Tat!”

written by Zechariah499 on 09/01/2016

I gave them one star only because I had to. My sister bought me a ring for Christmas and paid £225. Granted not a huge amount but for a 9ct ring it's reasonable. The ring bent because I caught it on a radiator. It wasn't a bad knock. Not enough to break my skin but bent the ring. I brought it back with the receipt and cannot believe the treatment I was shown. Salesman wanted to repair it. I said that I didn't think that I wanted it as the gold was clearly very thin. He then got arsey, raising his voice and telling me it was my fault that I broke it. I asked him not to raise his voice. He said I should wait for the goldsmith. I suggested that he do the same as he clearly had no idea what he was talking about. Then a woman (His wife) came across threateningly. She told me I was talking to Mr Sinclair. I told her I didn't care who he was but he should not raise his voice. She started raising her voice and said she would like to take me on and that the customer was often wrong!!!!!!! Lovely customer service!!!! Jewellery is rubbish. The ring is 9 ct. If he had more than one brain cell he would know that 9ct is the hardest gold and should not have bent. I have taken my ring back home and I will have it appraised by a real jeweller and I WILL have a refund Mr and Mrs Sinclair. I just hope the couple who were outside looking at engagement rings took my advice and shopped elsewhere!!

“Watch repair”

written by hendersonbg on 31/05/2014

Handed in watch for glass replacement and was two quotes (£20 for in house repair, £30 for Accurist repair) One week later the watch was returned for in house repair. After a phone consultation watch was sent to Accurist and quoted 2 to 3 weeks repair time. Five weeks and several phone calls later (by myself)watch still not repaired. After two email a new quote given of £68 for a £75 watch. Had to ask for the watch to be return unrepaired. Absolutely disgusted and will not be shopping there again.

“necklace”

written by birvine on 22/06/2012

i purchased a necklace and matching earrings for my wife and found the staff excepionally friendly and courtious, i enjoyed good food, in the cafe while i waited for my purchase to be wrapped and couldnt find fault. i would highly recomend them for their customer service.

“A watch I received for my birthday required a new...”

written by on 20/11/2010

A watch I received for my birthday required a new battery, as it was bought from T & H Sinclairs I took it there to have the battery replaced (£6).
When I left the shop I realised that the Chronograph didn't work properly anymore; when I took it back to the shop they agreed to send it off to be repaired but would quote me the cost before the work was carried out. Got a phone call yesterday that it had been repaired and would cost £90.

I will not use this shop ever again and will not recommend it to anyone!

Ian Sinclair's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2011

We in no way influenced the fault in your watch by fitting a new battery. This was explained by myself, at some length and you accepted that we were not at fault. If there was any negligence on our part we would have repaired the watch FOC. No questions asked. After acknowledging the above, you then proceeded to have the watch repaired as it was a present. However there was no instruction to provide a quote first on the repair paperwork.
<br/>We have been in business for over 35 years and have always welcomed constructive criticism, however I find that your comments are unjustified and misleading.
<br/>