Sinclairs of Inverurie Reviews - www.sinclairsofinverurie.co.uk

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

“Excellent service!”

written by DakotaSims356 on 11/11/2021

I purchased a lovely Swarovski Tennis bracelet and pendant for my daughter’s wedding. The staff could not be more helpful and super friendly! Excellent service!

“Cheap Tat!”

written by Zechariah499 on 09/01/2016

I gave them one star only because I had to. My sister bought me a ring for Christmas and paid £225. Granted not a huge amount but for a 9ct ring it's reasonable. The ring bent because I caught it on a radiator. It wasn't a bad knock. Not enough to break my skin but bent the ring. I brought it back with the receipt and cannot believe the treatment I was shown. Salesman wanted to repair it. I said that I didn't think that I wanted it as the gold was clearly very thin. He then got arsey, raising his voice and telling me it was my fault that I broke it. I asked him not to raise his voice. He said I should wait for the goldsmith. I suggested that he do the same as he clearly had no idea what he was talking about. Then a woman (His wife) came across threateningly. She told me I was talking to Mr Sinclair. I told her I didn't care who he was but he should not raise his voice. She started raising her voice and said she would like to take me on and that the customer was often wrong!!!!!!! Lovely customer service!!!! Jewellery is rubbish. The ring is 9 ct. If he had more than one brain cell he would know that 9ct is the hardest gold and should not have bent. I have taken my ring back home and I will have it appraised by a real jeweller and I WILL have a refund Mr and Mrs Sinclair. I just hope the couple who were outside looking at engagement rings took my advice and shopped elsewhere!!

“Watch repair”

written by hendersonbg on 31/05/2014

Handed in watch for glass replacement and was two quotes (£20 for in house repair, £30 for Accurist repair) One week later the watch was returned for in house repair. After a phone consultation watch was sent to Accurist and quoted 2 to 3 weeks repair time. Five weeks and several phone calls later (by myself)watch still not repaired. After two email a new quote given of £68 for a £75 watch. Had to ask for the watch to be return unrepaired. Absolutely disgusted and will not be shopping there again.

“necklace”

written by birvine on 22/06/2012

i purchased a necklace and matching earrings for my wife and found the staff excepionally friendly and courtious, i enjoyed good food, in the cafe while i waited for my purchase to be wrapped and couldnt find fault. i would highly recomend them for their customer service.

“A watch I received for my birthday required a new...”

written by on 20/11/2010

A watch I received for my birthday required a new battery, as it was bought from T & H Sinclairs I took it there to have the battery replaced (£6).
When I left the shop I realised that the Chronograph didn't work properly anymore; when I took it back to the shop they agreed to send it off to be repaired but would quote me the cost before the work was carried out. Got a phone call yesterday that it had been repaired and would cost £90.

I will not use this shop ever again and will not recommend it to anyone!

Ian Sinclair's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2011

We in no way influenced the fault in your watch by fitting a new battery. This was explained by myself, at some length and you accepted that we were not at fault. If there was any negligence on our part we would have repaired the watch FOC. No questions asked. After acknowledging the above, you then proceeded to have the watch repaired as it was a present. However there was no instruction to provide a quote first on the repair paperwork.
<br/>We have been in business for over 35 years and have always welcomed constructive criticism, however I find that your comments are unjustified and misleading.
<br/>