Smyths Toys Reviews - www.smythstoys.com

Smyths Toys - www.smythstoys.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Smyths Toys - www.smythstoys.com

Smyths Toys - www.smythstoys.com

“Not very happy!”

Written on: 05/12/2022 by Dalye (1 review written)

I have just returned from the Preston store and having checked my bill ( foolishly not at the store) find I have been charged twice for the same item! As I live in Southport I am not able to go back to Preston. I have tried to phone the store but the line just goes dead. Please everyone check your bill inside the store before leaving!

“Avoid durham branch”

Written on: 11/09/2022 by MarisaScott263 (1 review written)

Miserable experience at the durham store. Rude manager, refused to exchange unopened item with receipt a week over date, tried to embarrass me at the till. Manager was utterly rude and horrid. Terrible Store at Durham, avoid like the plague.

“Disappointed”

Written on: 30/05/2022 by KayleeBaker100 (1 review written)

Bad customer service management no common sense or compassion. Blindly follow so called company policy with no discretion what so ever. Very disappointed

“Uncomfortable Visit to Luton Store”

Written on: 11/01/2022 by Frederick342 (1 review written)

Visited the store in Luton today and it was such an uncomfortable experience. There were only 4/5 people in what is a huge store (I can see why it has been ghosted though). Overpriced toys, nothing really that interesting, rude staff, why on earth would anyone want to go there. I went to the checkout and the lady pretended not to notice me. She barked me the direction of the Click and Collect desk. The man there was beyond unpleasant and treated me like an inconvenience that he just stepped in. I left cursing myself for even stepping into this shop. Never again.

“Minnie Mouse flip & fun kitchen”

Written on: 28/12/2021 by Suegale (1 review written)

We purchased the Minnie Mouse kitchen for our grandaughter, she had wanted it for months. When my husband put it together the hob was broken. I called Romford branch & was told to bring the broken hob & they would replace it. Was really pleased that we did not have to dismantle the whole kitchen. Manager was really nice & replaced it straight away. Would definatley recommend this branch

“Smyths do not recognise Consumer Law Act 2015”

Written on: 27/07/2021 by Hays36 (1 review written)

So Smyths Toy Superstore follows its own laws. I purchased a PS4 from Thurrock branch. I returned it to Romford for a repair two weeks after purchase due to a malfunction. Three months later i had to return it again due to the same malfunction. The manager there informed me that games consoles only have a 28 day warranty and after that i would have to seek a private repair through Sony. I had to enlighten the manager that i am protected with the Consumer Law Act 2015 and legally was due an exchange. The manager argued that Smyths have a private agreement with Sony that they will honour the warranty and not Smyths. He also told me that as this was written on their website that it was legally binding. When i finished laughing i pointed out that my contract was with Smyths and not Sony. After 30 minutes of me refusing to leave i was finally offered a repair. Please do not be fooled by Smyths poor customer service and imaginary 28 day warranty on games consoles.

“Worst Shop ever”

Written on: 05/07/2021 by dpennie (1 review written)

service is a joke, stores will leave their store phones off the hook to prevent people calling, they will block your card for no reason and tell you theirs nothing they can do as their website is automated, and when expressed my displeasure with that outcome they refused to give me customer service details to log a complaint. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!!!

Markfoz's Response to dpennie's Review

Written on: 25/09/2021

Yeah I’ve been employed by them & they are the worst company I’ve ever known, You would be shocked at what goes on behind warehouse doors & what they say about there customers & staff

Read 1 Comment

“Good Service”

Written on: 30/12/2020 by Peeri (13 reviews written)

Ordered a Playstation 4, pleasant interaction from the best distribution business, shipped. Will use it again!

“Silly return policy”

Written on: 28/12/2020 by uoFallon187 (1 review written)

If you just opened a box, you cannot be returned to smyth... staff are basically rude. Poor customer service. We’re really disappointed

“DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS”

Written on: 23/12/2020 by AryanaSaunders (1 review written)

DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS. Shopping in store at the Reading branch 06/12/20 I have been treated very rudely and unfairly in the store by the staff when I requested to return a product I purchased 30 minutes earlier, which turned out to be NOT what I specifically requested. The Purchase: At the games console counter in the shop I asked the assistant specifically for the official "Xbox One X Wireless Controller". He handed me a box with an xbox controller which I proceeded to purchase. On inspecting the product 10 minutes later I found that it was not the exact "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" which I asked for and which ships with the "Xbox One X". The label inside the battery compartment of the correct official “Xbox One X Wireless Controller” shipped with my Xbox One X, reads "WIRELESS CONTROLLER FOR XBOX ONE" and "MODEL 1708". The product sold to me on 06/12/20 was labelled inside as "Xbox Wireless Controller" and "Model: 1914". This is the WRONG model number and NOT compatible with "MODEL 1708" accessories. This was not made clear to me when I specifically asked for the "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" that they did not have it. Also this item they sold me is not compatible with the battery packs made for official Xbox One X controllers shipped with Xbox One X. Thus I was NOT sold exactly what I asked for. So I went back to the shop and explained the situation to the large assistant who originally miss-sold me the incorrect item. He was not helpful and refused to help. I then asked to see the manager. I was confronted by a man called Ramzi Mejri who was also utterly unwilling to help, and extremely rude in his shameful disregard for the customer and blindness to the fact that I was not sold exactly what I asked for. Ramzi Mejri and the staff stood and argued with me for over 20 minutes the sake of £54.99, and refused to correct his and his staff’s mistake. He refused to offer a refund. He refused to be helpful. I asked him why he wanted to argue and take my money when he was in the wrong. His rudeness continued. I asked him if I should document this experience, his rudeness, his disrespect for the honest customer and his/Smyths greed for the sake of £54.99 on review boards and social media. – He indicated that he didn’t care. I am 100% disappointed and disgusted at this man Ramzi Mejri and the attitude at the store. I called customer services: They did nto want to get involved. I WAS FORCED TO REGAIN MY £54.99 FROM SMYTHS VIA "ALTERNATE METHODS".  DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS TOYS.

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 23/12/2020 by Alvaradong136 (1 review written)

The soft toy I ordered online had a big rip in it. After waiting days for a response from their customer service team I was asked to send photos of the damage. After another wait I was offered a partial refund of a measly £5, or to return it I’d have to journey to a shop. Amazon would have offered a full refund and a courier would collect the item. It’s just not good enough - the product was poor quality and the customer service was rubbish. Think carefully before you use this retailer - I will never shop with them again.

“Shop elsewhere to avoid added expense for Christmas ”

Written on: 11/11/2020 by SarahL13 (1 review written)

Save yourself adding to the cost of Christmas. Shop elsewhere Absolutely terrible. I will never use this company again to order anything from. I've a 3yr old and a 1yr old so they have lost out on what could have been years of loyalty from me for their birthdays and christmases. I will now shop entirely in the entertainer and argos for their toys! I ordered 2 Christmas presents which arrived not in any box or packaging, which the courier left outside. Not an issue as we were on our way home. But, when we arrived home and opened the gate, the toys where 100% visavle to our eldest child who saw her Christmas present. She got so excited upon seeing it so we had to let her have it early as a gift from us now. Technically we have wasted money as we now have to buy a replacement Christmas present for her. When contacted customer service as to why they where not packaged got a generic response that the warehouse must have decided not package the items to save time, that it is clearly stated they do this in the small print....I read the small print it does not mention that they do not package toys. They where not large toys!!! Even if they had been put in a carrier bag it would have been good enough not to see what was inside. Never ever will I shop here again.

“Never again”

Written on: 13/10/2020 by SlawekJakubek (1 review written)

I will never buy anything in this shop again. I can't believe that they are so big but treat customers like nothing. Long story short: I bought a toy. It broke. I came for refund. They said that will not give me the money back because it is a company policy. I can only exchange broken toy for something else. For what else? Something I don't want and don't need? This is ridiculous. Once they got the money they knew they were never going to give it back. But why they didn't inform me before I payed? Because they knew that a lot of people would not buy. This company is disgusting. Avoid if you don't like taking risk with your money.

“Management lack common sense”

Written on: 27/08/2020 by Hchappell (1 review written)

As a Nurse that has worked throughout lockdown with positive patients I understand more than most the importance of being fastidious to prevent spread of coronovirus. BUT when a 3 year old little girl is that desperate for the toilet she thinks she might have an accident on the floor and management of a TOY shop outright refuse to let her use the one she is stood right next next to, I think it's beyond ridiculous. It may be ”policy” and I understand all about that, but what about own judgement and common sense!! I will not be shopping here again. Relates to smyths GRIMSBY

“Im cross”

Written on: 16/05/2020

Ordered and paid (money taken straight away) for 3 toys, hermes texted arranged delivery, texted again to change delivery, texted again to say its been delivered, however when i answered door there was another parcel that my daughter was expecting but nothing from smyths!!! Have tried contacting them.. nothing!!! Just have a sad grandson who hasn't had any presents from his grandma for his birthday. We are disappointed, angry and out of pocket!!! Have used smyths lots in the past, buying toys and larger items and have been happy, however due to self isolating i had to use the online shop instead, feeling very let down and won't be using or recommending shop again.

“BEWARE”

Written on: 05/05/2020 by abeaum (1 review written)

Avoid!!! This company will not help you if your parcel goes missing!!! I ordered an item which went missing and they have not offered any help or support. I will be reporting them to trading standards and the police. I would advise all to go to a reputable company to order your goods.

Dazzler715's Response to abeaum's Review

Written on: 20/11/2020

Hi did you get it sorted? I ordered a game from smyths and it has not come and they said they will look into it but I don't trust them after reading the reviews. Would just like to know how others got on

Read 1 Comment

“doncaster store, won't replace a ps4 controller that...”

Written on: 18/03/2020 by robmorton (1 review written)

doncaster store, won't replace a ps4 controller that broke after a few weeks, they claim it was misused even though its in perfect condition apart from the microphone socket that broke away and pushed inside the controller, and also saying i have had it for more than 30 days, so I'm out of luck, what happened to product guarantees and consumer rights in this country ? i will never buy anything from this store again and i would advise against anyone else unless you want to be disappointed.customer service is non existent here.

“Friern barnet smyths ”

Written on: 26/01/2020 by Arturo303 (1 review written)

I went to the friern barnet smyths toy store on friday, I was helped by a lovely manager. She knew everything there was to know about every product i asked her about, when they did not have one of the products that i wanted to buy in a bulk she offered to get them transferred from another store for me, she was polite and very well mannered, she listened to everything i said intently as if i was the only customer in the store, she carried my items to the car for me and wished me a good day, i truly hope this lady gets the recognition that she deserves as she is the definition of great customer service.

“Maidstone branch ”

Written on: 01/01/2020 by 137Burgess (1 review written)

Maidstone branch. I bought a remote control spider from them. It was a birthday present for my own son so had no intention of returning it so I didn’t keep the receipt. Problem being, when it was taken out of the box the ‘on’ switch was already broken so it couldn’t be switched on. I brought it back to the maidstone store to be replaced. I explained the issue and showed the fault to the costumer staff desk. They asked for the receipt. I explained o didn’t keep it but asked them to check it’s a product they sell and assured them that I bought it there in the last few days. The guy on the counter was being cocky so I asked to speak to the manager. He came over and out right refused to help without a receipt. I asked ‘him do you think I walk around with broken remote control spiders trying to trick the wrong shop into replacing the product?’ Anyway the argument continued and I said if you won’t replace it I will leave a bad review and never return. He was still convinced he was in the right. I pushed the spider over the counter, told him to keep it and hoped that he would choke on the £18.00 he had swindled out of me. It’s bad customer service, slippery behaviour and badly trained staff. I have spent100’s£ In that shop and would have continued. I will never give them another penny. Well done, that is all the birthdays and Christmas’s of 7 kids in my family plus all their friends birthdays that you will not profit from. You sold me a piece of rubbish, you should have sorted out the problem.

“Terrible.. avoid avoid avoid!”

Written on: 30/12/2019 by Johnston141 (1 review written)

I would give zero stars if it were possible. I did our entire christmas shop here for the kids. The chocolate sprinkle stix.. utter joke. You had to buy the chocolate, buy the sprinkles, buy the sticks. To melt the chocolate you have to pour hot water into it.. the actual working part of the machine to spray sprinkles didnt work.. we threw it in the bin. The art studio, fab vanity studio.. poorly made, leg broke building it.. the play dough unicorn, awful value for money. I could keep going but I wont waste any more time or money ever ever ever! Shopping here again! Just awful!

Asked by loismills2014 on 3rd June 2015 Report this content
I purchased a baby walker for my grandaughter who I have one a week product ref no:127853 Babylo Bizzy Bee Walker £29.99. I have a very expensive wooden floor in my living room and in my large open plan kitchen, diner flowing to large conservatory. I have very expensive Pergo flooring meant to be contract use and this baby walker has completely scratched all floors. At first I thought it was light surface scratches but these will not come our with any amount of buffing. Please advise what I should do as I am very upset and appalled.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content stevieW0_1 Written on: 05/06/2015
hi sounds like you need a french polisher if you are close to newcastle upon tyne give me a call and i,ll put you in touch with some one thanks hope this helps