Sony KDL-40EX403 Reviews

Sony KDL-40EX403 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony KDL-40EX403

“The Best”

written by AlessandraHayes on 05/11/2023

I've had my Sony 43" for over 20 years. It's still going strong albeit with a cracked screen from a controller being thrown at it. The picture is good hdmi ports started to fail now and sound seems to have reduced in recent years. Best TV I've owned. Hitachi(concrete base) bought same time gave up about 5 years ago.

“One of the best TV's i've seen and had. ”

written by johnrunmp on 02/12/2010

One of the best TV's i've seen and had.
The picture is impeccable and the sound is deep and well
equalized...But with most Sony stuff i believe
that they are over priced.
I did have a panasonic until it blew up after i spilt coffee down the black....dont ask me how.
so i bought this one instead as i got a tidy bonus from work.
Overall good tv
bit pricey tough

“I recently bought my new Sony KDL-40EX403 LCD TV from...”

written by on 14/10/2010

I recently bought my new Sony KDL-40EX403 LCD TV from Richer Sounds with a free 5-year warranty (Price Match with John Lewis) for £499. The picture quality is fabulous with blacks being very dark and the standard definition picture is excellent - much better than the panasonic 32" it replaced. Sony's internet tv service which comes built into the TV is great and allows you to watch iPlayer, Demand Five and Youtube directly from the tv itself the quality from these on the TV is vastly superior to that of my PS3. In addition it is DLNA enabled which allows you to stream videos from your PC straight onto the TV with appropriate server software. The only two drawbacks with this TV I have found would be firstly the slightly weak sound and secondly the fact you cant switch this TV off completely - Not a problem i'm told as it uses a negligible amount of power in standby mode.
If your on a budget for a 40" TV then I would highly recommend this set!