British Airport Transfers Reviews - www.british-airport-transfers.co.uk

• Easy to find

• Comfort of journey

“Nice Service”

written by 101Pratt on 31/01/2022

The driver turned up 5 mins early and texted he was outside. Helped us with all of our bags.

“Booked a transfer from Wigston to Heathrow in the...”

written by Jeneeth on 27/01/2022

Booked a transfer from Wigston to Heathrow in the early hours , worried if the car would turn up on time.

“Simple Booking Process and Super Service”

written by Vinaachchi on 27/01/2022

Simple and Straight forward booking process, Our Driver was very helpful. We will use your services, next time we visit to London.

“Their website accepts bookings outside their range”

written by Zion468 on 22/11/2017

Be careful when you book, as their website will accept bookings that are outside their range (e.g. Southampton airport). Though they responded relatively quickly to inform me that it was outside their range, their website should not have accepted the booking and pre-payment.

“Worst service and empty promises”

written by 363Gallagher on 12/07/2017

We used British Airport transfers on the 1st of July from Heathrow to Park Plaza hotel. The only positive comment I can make is the the driver was on time. Unfortunately the rest of our experience was shocking, to say the least. What made this to be such an bad experience, is after we lodged a complaint with the company regarding the driver, we received a response 4 days (and only after I followed up on my complaint) later from a Mr jee van promising feedback from their investigation into our complaint within 48 hours. That was on the 5th of July. I have heard nothing from them since then. Not even a response to a further follow up e-mail I sent them. My complaint was about the following incidents that happened. We took longer (67 minutes after the flight landed)to get through Border control due to some heavy congestion of people at border control. We were informed by British Airport Transfers that the driver will wait for 1 hour, after which we will pay 3 Pounds for every 15 minutes the driver had to wait. We were 7 minutes late which resulted in an additional 3 Pounds payment. However, the driver wanted us to pay more than double that, and even after showing him the e-mail from his own company, confirming the correct price, we got into an argument with us. He then refused to assist with our luggage. The worst part of his service, and main reason for my complaint was that he used his cellphone with one had while controlling the car with his other hand on the motorway. Resulting in his swerving across lanes on a number of occasions. Putting our live in danger. As mentioned before, we were made empty promises that BAT will investigate and come back to us within 48 hours. Unfortunately we have heard nothing from then. The only conclusion I can make is that they do not even regard our complaint worthy enough to stick to own commitment for responding. This kind of service is definitely not a company I can recommend.

“NO SHOW AND CHARGED MY CARD WITHOUT AUTHORISATION”

written by chloecapuletchiu on 23/06/2016

I booked a pick-up service and didn't receive any confirmation emails or texts. I did check my junk folder many times as well. On the pick-up day, the driver called me out of the blue and said he was at the airport but I couldn't find him. I didn't use their service at the end but found out today they charged me almost £100 without my authorisation. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE. AVOID THE HASSLE.

“Dreadful Service”

written by 137Newton on 09/05/2016

Booked and Paid for well in advance for a drop off and pick up service for myself, my two Daughters, Son -in-Law and 9 year old granddaughter and one year old baby, first family holiday. Drop off no problem was a relief as it was very early and I was nervous he would not show, but it came good!!! until we got back...8.30pm tired but ok...cold oh yes...looked everywhere could not find him, phoned company, it had been cancelled, no one knew why!! or by whom...nearly 3 hours later after some very irate phone calls 2 taxis turned up...they did not have a big enough one to use...and off we went. Now the good bit, they charged me for the trip AND for the cancellation fee, WHICH I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT!!! will NEVER use this company again. Don't risk spoiling your holiday by ending up in a cold airport late at night with small children, book a reliable company.

“Do Not Use”

written by 127McCulloch on 17/09/2015

I booked a cab with British Airport Transfers a fortnight before I was set to go on holiday. I booked the cab to go to a hotel nearby Heathrow Airport, received a confirmation email as well as a text message stating that all was good. Roll on 24 hours before my holiday and they decided to cancel. The reason was that 'we only drop people off at the airport'. In response on the phone I accepted that and suggested that dropping me off at the airport was no issue, go ahead. They put me on hold and said they were unable to do it. Honesty and helpfulness are not at the forefront of this cab company's ethos. Avoid British Airport Transfers at all costs. The least they could've admitted to me was that the Rugby World Cup is on and we decided that the rich clientèle were more valuable to us to drop off to and from Twickenham. I feel ripped off and lied to. The worse thing is that one star is giving them an unwarranted complement in at least phoning me!

“Dishonesty?”

written by puThomson8 on 30/05/2015

I will be visiting London shortly and have booked a car pickup service from London Heathrow Airport to send me to my hotel.  Prior to my booking, I did some research and was going for a service provider, British Airport Cars, who has received high reviews for its services.  From a website "British Airport Cars”, I did not observe anything amiss and thinking it is the real British Airport Cars, I prepaid GBP48.00 to book a pickup service. According to an automated email reply with a “sign off as British Airports Cars", it will confirm my booking as soon as its office opens at 07:00 hours London time. However, I did not receive a confirmation for my booking the following day and attempted to get in touch with this company. I then noticed the website lists its telephone number but had no email contact. I then rang its office in London to discover that it was a British Airport Transfers who had accepted my booking instead. British Airport Transfers is a different company from British Airport Cars and it received poor reviews for its services. I am uncomfortable with the way British Airport Transfers had handled my booking utilising another company’s name. I requested to cancel my booking. Although British Airport Transfers had said it would take 3-5 working days for me to receive a refund of GBP42.00, there was no refund into my account by the 6th working days. British Airport Transfers has intentionally or unintentionally misled me in thinking it is British Airport Cars and I question the honesty of this service provider.

“Professional service given”

written by on 26/02/2014

Brilliant service. Driver waiting as flight landed at Heathrow. Price exactly as quoted. No parking or waiting time extras. Would have no hesitation recommending and using again.

“NEVER USE THIS COMPANY”

written by wendysegall on 27/10/2013

They are unprofessional. They have no idea how their OWN airport works and where airlines are located, therefor drop you off at the wrong terminal which make you STRESSED as it is a HUGE airport, almost its own city, and almost missing your flight. They when you express your fustration to the company they tell you THAT IT WAS MY OWN FAULT...that I should have recognized that I was dropped off at the wrong terminal... not an I'm sorry... not a we hope you will give us another change.... just a YOUR FAULT and that's too bad for you... Too many services out there to use... DO NOT USE THIS ONE!! When you work with stupid people, you get stupid results.

“Promise a lot but fail to deliver”

written by Earl100 on 25/03/2013

My driver to take me to Heathrow turned up on time with a reasonable vehicle for an early morning pick up but his driving worried me greatly as the vehicle wandered over white lines on several occasions as he appeared to be falling asleep. I was supposed to have a meet and greet for my arrival at Heathrow on the return journey but the driver was nowhere to be seen. After several phone calls and standing around, he was tracked down. He then failed to understand why it was such a big deal waiting 20 minutes for him. They may be a few quid cheaper but it's not worth the worry of tired drivers or the hassle of finding the elusive driver when you arrive at the airport.

“Terrible Customer Service”

written by dixb on 21/09/2012

Having clicked through from a Google search the on-line booking form automaticaly entered the post code for the airport (Stansted) and quoted a price of £108; which seemed good. On-line booking process completed then within 5 minutes a phone call saying 'you must not eneter the postcode of the aiport' - I hadnt! The call was escalated and the new person told me the same and that I had 2 options, pay £10 extra or cancel - I chose thhe latter. When I asked if they would fix their website he said 'we have 300 to 400 bookings a day and this happens a few times 'when people enter the postcode''. 'I did not enter the postcode' etc. Frustrating and not listening to try and fix a clik-through fault. So I cancelled the booking.

“Excellent Service”

written by jenibray19 on 28/04/2012

The service was excellent. The driver arrived in good time. His vehicle was spotless and comfortable, he was very helpful with our luggage, drove smoothly and delivered us to Stansted in good time. All at a very reasonable cost.

“Major fraud - they take your money and run”

written by on 26/05/2011

We booked a pickup at Heathrow and immigration was slow but less than an hour and they left the airport without waiting for us leaving us stranded. Even though their policy states they wait a minimum 1 1/2 hours. We had prepaid and when we asked for a refund they refused and then canceled our prepaid return trip. We now have the hassle of fighting the charges through our credit card company for services unprovided. Bottom line they took our money and left us stranded. They are a dishonest company.

“We have booked a car from heathrow to paddington...”

written by victor79 on 18/04/2011

We have booked a car from heathrow to paddington arriving late last night and our flight got delayed about 2 hours. We were not sure if the company was aware of this and when we came in to the arrival hall at terminal three to our delight the driver was already waiting for us. He was a true professional and drove us to the hotel and helped us with booking our return journey to heathrow next week. A wonderful experience with www.british-airport-transfers.co.uk

“Absolutely terrible service from British Airport...”

written by paulstewart100 on 05/01/2011

Absolutely terrible service from British Airport Transfers (http://www.british-airport-transfers.co.uk). We selected them based purely on their claim to provide 'On-time pick-up guaranteed', and they failed to deliver or compensate as a result.

Around 6 or 7 minutes after the agreed 4am pickup time, I received a phone call from the driver saying something along the lines of 'where are you'. As he did not really speak English, it was very difficult to understand what he was trying to communicate. After a couple of minutes of speaking incomprehensibly, he said 'ok, 200 metres. See you in a minute' (that is a generous translation of the way that he said it). After 5 minutes without him appearing, I called him back to try to find out where he was. I ended up trying to explain for about 8 minutes how to find our house (despite the fact that he had a sat nav and our postcode, which would lead him directly to our door). When I asked him where he was, he kept spelling the name of the street to me. Unfortunately, his complete misunderstanding of the English language meant that he kept spelling S-T-R-E-E-T, and nothing else. I would have thought that knowledge of the meaning of the word 'street' would be a pre-requisite for a taxi driver working for a company that advertises 'Polite and helpful drivers'. The only way that we ended up connecting with the driver was by sending friends out to scour the neighbourhood, until they found him a couple of streets away. It was approximately 25 minutes after the contracted pickup time that he finally arrived at our apartment. This left us VERY tight on time at the airport. When contacted for complaint afterwards, the British Airport Transfers were very defensive and effectively claimed that I was lying, despite the fact that I have Vodafone call logs proving the times that I spoke to the driver, and how late he was. An insultingly small compensation was offered for the stress that their company caused, given that the company supposedly guarantees on-time pickup. DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY TO GET SOMEWHERE!!!!

“We've used British Airport Transfers 4 times now and...”

written by on 17/10/2010

We've used British Airport Transfers 4 times now and will never do it again. They advertise that they provide a 24 hour, 7-days per week service - they don't. We ordered a car on Saturday evening for an early Sunday pick up. We received email confirmation that they'd got our booking and would be in touch with us to give us final details within 2 hours . We never heard back from them and no car arrived in the morning. When we tried to call them, we got an answering machine that said the office was closed.

The other 3 times, they guaranteed an on-time pick up at Heathrow but we spent at least 15 minutes waiting for our driver.

Horrible, horrible service. Recommend if you want to get home or make your flight you do NOT USE BRITISH AIRPORT TRANSFERS!

“1.) The driver was not there to greet us as he...”

written by on 27/09/2010

1.) The driver was not there to greet us as he apparently forgot and was (by the company's own admission) asleep
2.) The replacement driver arrived at 8:40 - 40mins later than we anticipated - we were thus stuck at the airport for an extended
amount of time with two over-tired children
3.) There were no car seats for my 2 children both under 2 years old.
4.) The car that arrived was a minivan not a full size van that we
requested and paid for

Due to the Issues we experienced on this booking the company offered an unspecified discount on the day of the journey. the foloowing day contacting them they declined to provide any discount, claiming the car had arrived timeously! The email I received in response was unprofessional and terse and I have never experiences such a sorry excuse for customer serives in my entire life.

All this despite an on-time guarantee on opening page of their website.