First4Car Reviews - www.first4car.com

First4Car - www.first4car.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for First4Car - www.first4car.com

First4Car - www.first4car.com

“Great Deal”

Written on: 25/05/2016 by walker17 (2 reviews written)

Found this place by chance and very glad I did. Easy test drive and though worried about the finance going through all was explained clearly and calmly. I drove away my new Golf within the hour, so happy. Thanks to everyone at First4car. One very happy customer and would have no hesitation to recommending to others. Cheers guys… Read Full Review

“Great service!”

Written on: 16/05/2016

Returned to First4car after previous good experience and again wasn't disappointed. Even bigger range of cars available; the team were friendly and helpful - no question too trivial to ask for a single lady with a lack of car knowledge! Would recommend to others… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2016

Really glad we could help!

“Rubbish ”

Written on: 06/05/2016 by Oldenmalicious (1 review written)

I went to this dealer yesterday - apathy buy the salesmen is an understatement I don't think I looked the ' right' kind of buyer for them despite being able to actually afford the most expensive car they stocked . Test drove a car - engine management light was on tyres were well worn despite offering a cash sale ( at a very slightly reduced price) I was told to call tomorrow I phoned at 9.30 am and I'm still waiting for a call 12 hours later My money is going elsewhere as are any… Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to Oldenmalicious's Review

Written on: 09/05/2016

We are sorry to hear you felt you had a negative experience when coming to view a car at First4car. If you were made to feel your business wasn't important to us this is not the standard of customer service that I expect from my staff. I sincerely hope the salesman involved did explain that the car you test drove had not yet been through our workshops for its full inspection, service and MOT, therefore an engine management light being on would certainly be resolved and tyres replaced if necessary prior to any sale. All our retail cars also come with a comprehensive warranty for your peace of mind. Unfortunately we were not able to offer the price you wished for your part exchange and therefore our salesman believed you were going to look at another garage and hence did not call you after your visit. We also price our cars very competitively and for this reason are not always able to negotiate on price.
All I can do at this stage is apologise and I assure you the salesman involved has been spoken to regarding maintaining our high levels of customer care at all times and communicating effectively with customers. Once again I am sorry you felt disappointed with your visit to First4car.

“wasted journey”

Written on: 01/04/2016 by neil1960 (1 review written)

This company might be ok if you're on the doorstep but don't travel any distance. They'll quite happily sell the car you've arranged to see in front of you & greet you with 'oh this happens all the time' … Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to neil1960's Review

Written on: 13/04/2016

Firstly let me apologise for your disappointment. I am unsure whether you rang before setting off to view the vehicle. We always advise any caller that if they are coming a distance please call to confirm they are on their way and we will hold the vehicle until they get to us, to save them having a wasted journey.
Once again I apologise if you did call to say you were coming and this did not get communicated between the salesmen and the car was sold when you arrived. Customer service is a high priority at First4car but unfortunately from time to time mistakes can happen.

Neil1960's reply to First4Carcom's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2016

as pointed out when I arrived, I had rung first stating I would be there in a couple of hours which was approximately what it did take to get there.

Read 2 Comments

“Great place to get your next car”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by 272Frost (1 review written)

i Bought my Audi A1 from here great service he was very helpful ...plus a great choice of cars… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/01/2016

We are really pleased you found us to be helpful. Hope you are enjoying your new car!

Read 1 Comment

“fantansic car , fantastic seller, no hassle, no fuss”

Written on: 24/11/2015 by r1smokie (1 review written)

looking for car for my wife and looked at loads in the leeds area,3 cars avertised as minters, one was differant colors, one smelly with dog hair and the other would not start, on my way home we called in at first for cars, sales man very nice and asked if we would like some help, im in the office if you need me, then my wife saw it a nice shiney black mini cooper white roof white wheels, low milage, full history, and it was a lower price than the private cars we looked at, we test drove it on… Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to r1smokie's Review

Written on: 02/12/2015

Wow what a great review! So glad you and your wife are pleased with your purchase...... we aim to please! Don't forget you have your £50 refer a friend voucher to use when your friend buys a car from us.

Read 1 Comment

“Quick pleasent service ”

Written on: 07/06/2015 by dawninness (1 review written)

Spotted a car on there website that we liked the look of went over the next day with our car to do a part ex the first price we was given for our car we was not happy with they sales man called mark asked us what we wanted for ours which was £300 more than first offered he wandered off to see his boss and within a few minutes he was back with the price we wanted the car we purchased was a 1.6 diesel fiesta titanium on a 12 plate after looking on various sites i must admit the car was well… Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to dawninness's Review

Written on: 18/06/2015

Many thanks Mrs Inness for taking the time to leave us a review. Our aim is to provide an easy efficient service. We're delighted you are happy with your car and the experience you had at First4car. Don't forget to use your £50 refer a friend voucher.... That's £50 for you when your family or friend you referred buys a car from us!

“Extremely pleased”

Written on: 23/05/2015 by Johnnyp123 (1 review written)

Thanks to first 4 car for sourcing my Range Rover! I am extremely pleased with it. This is the 3rd time I have dealt with these guys and yet again they have turned the difficult process of purchasing a car into a pleasure. Thank you to you all for a great service… Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to Johnnyp123's Review

Written on: 27/05/2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are really happy you are extremely pleased.... enjoy!!

“great service”

Written on: 23/05/2015 by MicaelaWise (1 review written)

I bought a second hand motor at a cheap price £2000 it was an astra with slight damage, and with a recomendation of the cam belt to be done. I couldnt ask for more the salesman was polite and helpful. I see reveiws on here being angry about the cars they have bought but what do you expect from a second hand car!!! I have now changed my cam belt on my car yess i did come accross a second (minor) problem but hey i got the car at a steal. Overall i am very pleased and would definately come back… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/05/2015

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are happy with your car. Cheap run arounds such as this are brought into our garage as a part exchange. Our mechanics give them a quick test drive to allow our salesmen to notify a customer of any work that may need doing. We then sell them as cheap as we can as we need the room for our retail cars. These type of cars fly out as they are as you point out a steal!! This benefits us as a garage to move the car on quickly to allow us room for our retail stock and benefits you guys the customers if you are looking for a bargain!

“Amazing Customer Service”

Written on: 21/05/2015 by Hunter75 (1 review written)

Thank you to First4car for an amazing service purchasing my car. I bought a car from them about 3 months ago and absolutely love it. I have just been back on the website to look for a car for my partner and came across a negative review. All I can say is the person who left the review must have a bee in their bonnet as the service I received was very professional and they genuinely cared about my car needs. You can tell as soon as you enter the garage this is a reputable garage selling cars… Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to Hunter75's Review

Written on: 18/06/2015

Thank you Miss Hunter for you comments. We love having our customers return to us... It shows us we're doing a good job! I will pass your comments onto our workshops too as they work really hard to make the cars look as good as new. Hope you are out in the nice weather enjoying your lovely new car!!

Read 1 Comment

“Sudden Increase in Price????”

Written on: 30/01/2015 by Rubi321 (1 review written)

Myself and my wife enquired about a Grand C-Max that was up for £11,000. We expressed interest in it straight away and asked if we could do a deal. All we got was a big NO. Now, after enquiring, a few hours later the same car had mysteriously increased by £250. The salesman stated that all cars they sell are priced for actual sale. Poor… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/02/2015

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your experience at First4car. You are right in that the price of the C-Max increased over the period of time you were looking at the car. All our prices are checked daily using the latest technology to ensure we're competitively priced within the market, therefore prices at times will increase and at other times decrease. A number of garages are using this system as it makes sure that cars remain competitively priced at all times. Cars are just like other items in that they fluctuate in value. We always state that if a customer has seen the car at a lower price we would always honour that price. I believe that this was explained to you at the time and the lower price honoured, however unfortunately you chose not to go ahead with the deal. I apologise if the change in price was not explained in a manner that put your mind at ease. We are a professional, honest garage that work hard to provide excellent value for money to our customers as well as providing a positive buying experience.

“Confused for reviews”

Written on: 10/01/2015 by peacegrip (1 review written)

Car advertised by them as vauxhall. When i paid deposit and was shown paperwork. It was opel. Salesman said its same but to me it wasnt. Car chase had to end somehow. So agreed to buy it. Hang on a minute, i cant road tax the car because its got previous owners personal number on it. Now what. Was told to wait until christmas holidays pass. After 3 weeks i got it but i have mixed feelings. If i hadnt this problem. It would have been 5 stars. I feel there had to be a small discount but not… Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to peacegrip's Review

Written on: 09/02/2015

Hi there. Both Vauxhall and Opel are owned by General Motors and produce the same cars. Vauxhall is however the UK branding name. The paperwork showing Opel means the car was registered outside the UK but is still the same car as a Vauxhall.
With regard to the road tax the car was undergoing a plate transfer therefore we were awaiting the Log Book to be returned from the DVLA. Unfortunately our hands are tied in that the DVLA state it can take upto 6 weeks for the return of a Log Book. Without the Log Book the car could not be taxed. Therefore this situation was completely out of our control. I'm sorry you feel you missed out on some of your sales shopping due to this. I hope this explains your concerns and I am happy to hear that you would come back to us in the future. Many thanks.

Read 1 Comment

“Wow truly outstanding service”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by EvanCrabtree (1 review written)

After a week or so of car shopping I viewed a ford focus tdci at first 4 car garage the car was well presented and I was given an un accompanied test drive with my wife n two kids (that don't happen these days does it ) I subsequently purchased the car ak10eop The sales man was helpful and efficient from start to finish the cars spot I would defo recommend the guys ........ If you want straight up honesty n a decent car these guys should be at top of ur list Can't thank you guys enough you… Read Full Review

“unhelpfull sales man ”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by Lynchsb466 (1 review written)

Went to look at a car looked good on the photos but disappointed when i saw it as filthy and stuffed in a corner,lack of service history,needs cam belt,scratched and required major surgery on 1 alloy excessive miles and high on price as they are better ones with less mileage and cheaper elsewhere and then the sales guy was not willing to move on anything anyway… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/08/2014

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with your experience at First4car. We are a very busy garage selling well over 1000 cars a year. Unfortunately space is limited therefore if we know customers are coming to look at a specific car we will move the car out so it is easily accessible, we would have also made sure the car was up to standard. As the turnover of stock is high there are times when cars are awaiting preparation yet are still on the forecourt. This is not ideal however with it being holiday season too we do have a number of staff on holiday. With regard to the price we price our cars competitively and believe you would not have come to view the car if this was not the case. All I can do is apologise if the salesman involved came across as unhelpful. I will speak to the sales staff regarding this. Once again I apologise for your disappointment.

“Excellent Car Sales”

Written on: 21/03/2014 by jaybrian32 (1 review written)

Quite a rare thing in the used car trade, but these are honest straight up traders, who even offer fair part exchange prices, after 3 months of hunting for a specific make and model (Honda Civic 2.2 icdti) and being offended with ridiculous low PX prices we stumbled across first4car.com on the Internet, they had exactly the make and model we were looking for, at very reasonable price, every where else we had been the car we were looking for were of similar price, but upto 3 years older and in… Read Full Review

“Pleasant car buying experience ”

Written on: 27/09/2013 by Marklenite2001 (1 review written)

I looked at a few garages before deciding on first4cars.com and I'm glad I did it was the best car buyer experience I've ever had. The salesman was second to none no hassle no pressure but there to answer any questions I had , granted I did have a problem when got the car but this was sorted without any fuss or hassle overall a friendly well run garage which I will be recommending to friends and family… Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to Marklenite2001's Review

Written on: 28/09/2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you were happy with the service you received and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Read 1 Comment

“I picked up my vauxhall Insignia I had bought from...”

Written on: 27/09/2013

I picked up my vauxhall Insignia I had bought from these guys only a matter of a week ago. I have to praise this dealer and all it's staff for a what I would say was 1st rate service from beginning to end. Everyone was friendly and helpful and nothing seemed to much trouble. Most importantly to me they did exactly what they promised and when I collected the car it looked fantastic. I would not hesitate to recommend first4car to anyone looking to replace their car… Read Full Review

“I've been totally ripped off”

Written on: 16/09/2013

So after months of looking for a new car I finally found one at first4cars I dive 2hrs to go and have a look and have a test drive I found the staff to be very helpful etc so I bought the car 1 week later I picked the car up , and this is when the trouble started after the 1 month warranty had ran out the service light came on ( it was supposed to of had a service before I picked it up ) so my husband open the bonnet and the oil was nearly overflowing so I took it to a garage and had a oil and… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/09/2013

Firstly I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your purchase. We take any complaint very seriously and do all we can to ensure our customers are happy with their vehicle as well as the service they have received. Could I please ask did you report either problem to our garage for us to rectify the problems? I do not recall hearing from you. Unfortunately despite thorough checks, faults do sometimes occur with any vehicle, however if it is an issue with a member of my staff not completing those thorough checks I would like to be able to address this. Please, I ask that you get in touch and ask to speak with myself the director of the company so I can look at the issues you have and rectify them. May I take this opportunity to assure you that customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to myself and the company.

Read 1 Comment

“Nice people to deal with”

Written on: 27/08/2013 by rogerzoila (1 review written)

I highly recommend this company if you want to buy a car. Nice people to deal with. I found the salesmen, to be competent, very helpful and willing to go out of their way to help. The mechanic/valet, is knowledgeable and eager to get things done. All three made the buying experience enjoyable. Decent staff, good business and a friendly boss. Well done and I wish your business does well over the coming years. Thank you. Roger … Read Full Review

First4Carcom's Response to rogerzoila's Review

Written on: 28/09/2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback re the service you received. Delighted to be of assistance.

“A Very Happy Customer”

Written on: 22/06/2013 by walker17 (2 reviews written)

Like most people I do not enjoy the whole car buying process. The endless internet sites, false advertising and poor service. I mentioned this to a work colleague who told me about first4car in Pudsey, he had bought his previous vehicle there. I checked their website (which I found very easy to use) and gave them a call about the vehicle (VW Golf). The salesman was very helpful and went through all the service history, number of previous owners etc. I arranged a test drive which was… Read Full Review