Amazon Kindle 3 Reviews

• Quality

Summary

Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation

Amazon Kindle 3 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amazon Kindle 3

Specification for Amazon Kindle 3

• All-New, High-Contrast E-Ink Screen – 50% better contrast than any other e-reader
  • Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare
  • New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts
  • New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area
  • 17% Lighter – Only 8.5 ounces, weighs less than a paperback
  • Battery Life of Up to One Month – A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off
  • Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 Books
  • Built-In Wi-Fi – Shop and download books in less than 60 seconds
  • 20% Faster Page Turns – Seamless reading
  • Enhanced PDF Reader – With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights
  • New WebKit-Based Browser – Browse the web over Wi-Fi (experimental)

“I enjoy it so much”

Written on: 16/12/2014 by matjens15 (8 reviews written)

I bought this a while ago and I take it everywhere I go, especially on the bus and metro. Can have many books in one thing, very useful.

“I like it”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by GodsofTanks (2 reviews written)

I like this gift from my friends a lot. Nothing to complain about.

“This was the all-time most perfect gift for my husband...”

Written on: 06/12/2013 by joselynserna3 (1 review written)

This was the all-time most perfect gift for my husband - he loves reading and I got it for him for his birthday. However, I also ended up using it - it's small, light and my eyes don't get tired like they would from a computer screen.

“Perfect!!”

Written on: 19/05/2013 by JWEPJB (2 reviews written)

Better than carrying a few books around, my Kindle is perfect for me. I wonder what other people expected when they bought an electronic book reader, and were worried that it doesn't surf the net. This is not a tablet it never promised to be one to me, it does what it promises on the box, hold electronic books, and it does it superbly well. So if your want to read at home or on the move then this is for you. I have had mine for 3yrs now and have not had a problem, iv'e dropped it, knocked it about a bit and it has kept working. The screen works in bright sunlight and is perfect for holiday reading, no weight to worry about. I used to take 5 or 6 books away and they take up room and dig into your weight limit, so a Kindle is a no brainer.

“Disappointing technology, fabulous support”

Written on: 21/06/2012 by Misterfish (1 review written)

Kindle Keyboard from Ammo Summary - nice concept, very limited use, great support, wish I'd bought a tablet instead. Don't like - inability to use the wifi as an internet tool - except for buying books from Ammo. Don't like - useless music player - no means to select what is playing, nor skip tracks. Don't like - battery problems, seems to be a software glitch which runs down batteries on a day or two. Don't like - lack of french language ebooks from the minor authors and authoresses. Seems wily french publishers prefer to sell books. Don't bother looking on canadian sites, same problem. Don't like - wifi re-connection, if leaving the home wifi range, upon return you have to enter the whole damn router code to get back in. Result I never use wifi on the Kindle. Don't like - the awkwardness when using dictionaries, especially as you have to re-allocate the duty dictionary whenever you want to change language. A real pain. Love - the support, very quick response, effective and they follow up. Five stars for this aspect. Like - the feel in the hand. Like - the ease of carrying dozens of books when travelling, but as we usually carry a netbook anyway (the Kindle being useless for internet) we can read books on the netbook - and in all formats without having to convert files.

“Prompt delivery via email and post”

Written on: 15/03/2012

Warranty bought on Amazon. Prompt delivery via email and post. All the contact details are clear and SquareTrade can be contacted 7 days a week.

“Get one!”

Written on: 11/01/2012

Wasn't sure whether I'd take to this but it's fantastic! Just been on holiday for a week and hardly put it down the whole time. It's so clear and easy to read and it's great being able to read something which would usually be a heavy hardback and have it be light! The way the text looks on the screen is so close to the look of a real book and doesn't strain your eyes at all - it's not sharp white and black so you get a much softer feel. The only slight problem I've had with it is that it does seem to seize up and need to be reset on a plane - something to do with the pressure I guess. Doesn't take long to sort out though. Would be interested to know if this is something many people have experienced though.

Oceaneagle's Comment

Written on: 14/01/2012

When an aircraft is taking off or landing the consensus is that a Kindle is best switched off. This doesn't mean throwing the switch, this just puts the Kindle to sleep. You need hold that switch over for 5-7 seconds until the screen saver disappears.

Read 1 Comment

“New Kindle”

Written on: 06/01/2012 by milocreato (3 reviews written)

I just got the Kindle for xmas. It was a big surprise as I am an avid reader but have never had an ereader before. Its taken some getting used to but I am starting to feel comfortable. Still weird to not hold an entire book, but for when I travel now I like this.

“must have !!”

Written on: 05/01/2012 by stars123 (3 reviews written)

everyone needs one.. i am so addicted its unreal! so small & easy to use!

“its great”

Written on: 11/12/2011 by TomClithero (4 reviews written)

This is a great item. The electronic ink is amazing and really makes reading easy on the eye. Up until now I have simply read books from my phone but this is a game changer and you really just want to use this thing.

“Great reader, as long as you see it for what it is....”

Written on: 07/11/2011 by gabio (3 reviews written)

... This is not a tablet, don't try and compare it to one. It is however an excellent, light and durable platform for reading books and magazines.

“Loving the Kindle”

Written on: 25/10/2011 by husseybrian94 (1 review written)

The new kindle is yet another improvement on the design, lighter and feeling more comfortable in my hand. I now take this thing everywhere I go and I have about 3 books on the go at any one time. Overall I am very happy with what I bought and wanted to say so.

“Love my Kindle 3”

Written on: 14/10/2011 by Twittingdinosaur (2 reviews written)

I love my 3G wifi kindle model. The ability to arrange your books into categories is fantastic. Using this kindle model to read books, makes me love not having to turn the pages and to be able to read outside and not having pages flapping all over in the wind. The only problem I have with it is, that sometimes it crashes and it needs to be rebooted.

“I really like the Kindle 3”

Written on: 10/10/2011

I've had my Kindle 3 for about 6 months. The Kindle is an odd device - it's the kind of thing where it's tough to see the benefit of it before you actually own one. Now that I've got my Kindle 3, I occasionally get asked on the train or bus "are those any good?" & here are the notes that seem to change people's minds: 1. You can highlight sections, bookmark, add notes to a book. 2. You can use it to surf the web - even abroad - without any extra cost. 3. You can download books wherever you are. I'll definitely buy another Kindle if/when this one dies.

“Kindle 3g”

Written on: 18/09/2011 by HappyGirl (3 reviews written)

I too kept thinking about purchasing a Kindle my only regret is I left it so long to make the purchase. I chose the 3g and it works really well, I love the convenience that I can pop my kindle into my bag (I do not have a huge bag) and it's there when I am out. Waiting for someone to meet up with you and it can be boring not anymore just pull out the Kindle and sit back and relax, they arrive just turn it off and put it back in your bag. No worrying about it getting crumpled in your bag (I do use a cover for protection which I need because of putting it in my bag but do not like the extra weight it adds to the actual Kindle) So far I have been economic in choosing free books and in some cases have found a couple of really good reads. Would I recommend it oh yes am now thinking of treating a family member when they celebrate a special birthday, I have found no drawbacks or issues with my Kindle without the cover it is extremely light weight with the cover a little heavier but nothing to make me love it any the less

“Kindle 3”

Written on: 17/09/2011 by oceaneagle (22 reviews written)

Macmad's review really says it all. I confess to be somewhat of a traditionalist but when I received a Kindle for my birthday together with a huge variety of books, what could I do but give it a go. I am thrilled skinny. I haven't explored any of the extra functions of the Kindle as I have been too busy reading books. I simply cannot fault it. What I would add to Macmad's superb review is that the purchase of a cheap cover from somewhere like Ebay is a must. It is comforting to know that the screen is protected and there is a certain amount of protection from a drop. Experimentation with different reading lights has shown that a clip on one works best, these can be angled easily thus removing the white spot from the screen. In short. . . if you ain't got a Kindle you are missing out. They are the next best thing to the day they stopped using scrolls and moved to a book.

“ Kindle 3G a lifesaver”

Written on: 11/09/2011 by Ladyofthebann (1 review written)

I have always been an avid reader and was interested in e-books as soon as I heard about them. The price of the books put me off a little so it wasnt until I realised that Amazon prices were so reasonable that I bought one in May.I am able to buy the books I want at the same price as the paperback versions in Tesco and have even enjoyed a couple of the free books. I also travel a lot and previously needed to take a few books on holiday. I have the 3G version and although the browser is very temperamental and needed refreshing regularly, I was able to keep in touch by email and facebook when I was on holiday and had forgotten my phone and then ended up in hospital. The kindle was in my bag and I was not cut off from the world. If the kindle was just for reading it would be fantastic but with 3G it is brilliant. Thank You.

“Feels like walking with library”

Written on: 31/08/2011 by NielCook84 (1 review written)

In short. I love kindle. I was reluctant on having a kindle because, I was less interested to miss smell of the book whilst reading a fresh book. My cousin gifted it to me last month and since then, I have not been touching any of my books rather downloading'em from Amazon. Bless the habit but, I like reading sci-fi and drama together, that keeps me fresh for both the books at 1 time. Now it feels like carrying a library with me. Albeit, I miss the smell of books now, this little companion is good :)

“Kindle on Android”

Written on: 21/08/2011 by glyn121 (4 reviews written)

I have been debating for ages to purchase a Kindle but the price of £111 has put me off. There is an alternative, Iff you own an Android mobile with a decent size screen you can download Kindle from the Android market. This is a fantastic app which costs nothing an is equally as good as the real thing. The only difference is the screen size but you can adjust the font size to your liking. All the books that are available to buy on Kindle can be bought for the Android version. A lot of books are Free to download and iff you are not sure abought a book you can download a sample to read before you buy. Iff you cannot afford to buy a Kindle, go for this app.

“SO SO EASY...... AND SO SO PROFESSIONAL”

Written on: 11/08/2011

Sometimes when you are offered an extended warranty people normally just think no thanks, well as the kindle is such a new device i am sure something may go wrong with it in the future, therefore i was amazed just how easy (and cheap) it was to extend the warranty to my newly bought kindle from Amazon, i was also amazed at how professional the people at SQUARETRADE were, i had already used them for my newly purchased Home phone trio package and thought that was so, so easy to set up, surely the kindle would be a problem, but no, the customer service people were courteous, polite and very knowledgeable on the warranty side and soon put my mind at ease with any questions i had. I can honestly say that if you read this review that it is no problem to take out a warranty with them, its too early to say what will happen if and when the time comes to make a claim, but if my first impressions of the way they treat their customers then i am sure i will have nothing to worry about, SQUARETRADE you get a fantastic thumbs up from me, 100% sure that i have made the right choice, well done and credit where credit is due...! Other companies should take note of how this company treats its customers.