NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1024MB Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1024MB - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1024MB

NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1024MB

“it's a Graphics card, can play all Games on playable...”

Written on: 19/09/2010 by themaninthevan2001 (121 reviews written)

it's a Graphics card, can play all Games on playable settings, with the right hardware specifications

“This was the first graphics card I bought, as I had...”

Written on: 23/08/2010 by Astandane (6 reviews written)

This was the first graphics card I bought, as I had just bought a new desktop. This was to replace the integrated set, as they obviously weren't up to the job for gaming.

The first I will say is that this card is designed for media and video/image processing. It's a modern card that has HDMI,VGA and DVI-I connections so you really do get some versatility there. It is also packed with a lot of the newer technologies such as PhysX. You should check them out on the NVIDIA site.

The core is clocked at 625Mhz, so this is isn't a heavy weight card for gaming. However it does still perform, and you can get away with a lot of games such as World in Conflict, Sins of Solar Empire, Spore and many others with some really reasonable settings. It's the really new games it won't handle, but that's to be expected for the price of around £50+.

If then you do want to casually play games, the GT220 is a nice place to start out. It runs Unreal Tournament 3, 32 players with very nice graphics at an average FPS of 30. Some games are slow, but that's to be expected. The cooling is also VERY GOOD and quiet. I overclocked the core to 657Mhz and the memory at 470.

To surmise; a modern card that handles it's job very well. It's balanced and doesn't drain power, though struggles to provide enjoyable gaming higher up the spectrum.