Direct Sports Ltd Reviews - www.directsportseshop.co.uk

Direct Sports Ltd www.directsportseshop.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Direct Sports Ltd www.directsportseshop.co.uk

Direct Sports Ltd www.directsportseshop.co.uk

“Smooth and easy ordering”

Written on: 25/09/2022 by DTBoyd (1 review written)

I'd never heard of Direct Sports so I wasn't sure what to expect but my purchase was smooth and delivery was quick. Will definitely check them out for future purchases.

“Good Club Tennis Balls”

Written on: 23/09/2022 by Flick777 (1 review written)

We've been using Babolat All Gold tennis balls for some time now. They last well, bounce well and are very popular with our members

“Excellent service and products”

Written on: 20/09/2022 by 192McCormack (1 review written)

Efficient service and products as described. My daughter loves the Asics trainers which were at the best price I could find online. Would certain recommend Direct Sports.

“Straightforward service”

Written on: 15/09/2022 by Meiernn201 (1 review written)

Good reliable service. Both on delivery and return refunds.

“terrible company avoid - they are useless”

Written on: 11/09/2022 by Danchillier (1 review written)

I paid for a pack of shuttlecocks with did not arrive. The tracking link for royal mail did not work. They have provided no details to contact them if there are issues. They took my money and provided nothing in return. I would advise all to avoid this company.

“Don't comply with delivery time”

Written on: 08/09/2022 by ltlc2 (1 review written)

The website is ok, the price is competitive, but the 2/3 business day delivery time was not acomplished. That created a huge problem for me as I was on a trip to London and wanted it delivered at my hotel.

“Hockey gear - great price and prompt delivery ”

Written on: 31/08/2022 by Nikthetrader (1 review written)

I looked at various websites as I needed to order hockey gear for my son starting secondary school. Direct sports had a wide range of choice at the best available price. The gear was delivered on time and in perfect condition. Shall use again.

“Purchase of shuttles”

Written on: 26/07/2022 by RPbadminton (1 review written)

Have been purchasing shuttles from Direct Sports for 2 years or so. Always delivered on a very timely basis but dependent on the Post Office (in my case) for completing the delivery. On this occasion, the PO managed to get it wrong but rectified it quickly

“Direct Sports, great service!”

Written on: 23/06/2022 by Jennifer_alys (1 review written)

Direct Sports have been great, extremely happy with the items and the time they took to arrive. I just went for standard delivery, free with Royal Mail and my stuff arrived within just 2 days. Super products too, they fit well and look good. Direct Sports supply great brands at very reasonable prices. The website is easy to use too 5 star, would definitely recommend to other customers.

“Best place for badminton shuttles.”

Written on: 16/06/2022 by CoraTaylor (1 review written)

Regularly order Yonex badminton shuttles for my local team of players. Always arrive on time specified and no delivery charge above certain amount. Also always best price at Direct Badminton. Can only recommend and never had any issues in past 5 years.

“DO NOT SHOP HERE”

Written on: 19/05/2022

DO NOT SHOP HERE. I have been refused an exchange on tennis shoes that don't fit because it is outside the formal 14 day return period though the shoes were delivered to an incorrect address and took most of this period to get to me. I gave up on asking for a refund however it would be decent to at least exchange the shoes for a different size. £80 down the drain and they do not care. Is this reasonable?? THIS IS UNREASONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Directsports's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2022

Hi.

I am disappointed and surprised to see this inaccurate review above. It is misleading in that you do not clearly and fairly stare that the shoes were sent to the address that you entered onto our website. You say this was the incorrect address but by your own admission during emails with us, you acknowledged this was your mistake. I believe to the readers of this review, it suggests the incorrect address was of our doing and therefore in this respect it is misleading. With no prior knowledge of this review or your intention to write such a review we resolved this matter to your satisfaction and accepted your return and refunded you return postage also. It is true as you state that the shoes were beyond the return period but please appreciate that naturally the standard online system to facilitate returns would not work for this scenario, You reached out to us however and we clearly appreciated this was a genuine mistake and waived the return period and resolved this matter to your satisfaction. I paste your most recent email below in its entirety for customers to make up their own minds:

Hello,

Thank you very much for getting back to me, and so promptly.

I do understand the challenges of items returned late that have been used.

The tennis shoes are in perfect condition, having been tried on only once. I wouldn’t request a relook at this if this was not the case or if there was not a valid reason for the delayed return.

Thank you for looking into this situation and offering a solution.

I will return the shoes as instructed with a request for an exchange to an other item.

You have given me the confidence to continue to shop with you.

Kind Regards

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible”

Written on: 27/04/2021 by SteSteC (1 review written)

Possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with. I sent them a return that was delivered by Royal Mail 14 days ago. Since then, I have called three times and each time been promised the refund would be processed that day. The lump of wood they have working in customer service is beyond useless and the warehouse manager is incompetent. Save your time and money by choosing another sportswear store.

“Once they have your money they aren't too concerned ”

Written on: 20/11/2020

Hermes advised me of the day that my order would be delivered. Before 10 on that day the status had changed to it has been delayed but should be moving again within 24 hours. Over a week later and that status has been unchanged. Initially I thought that it was Hermes that should receive the poor review but after trying to get the matter resolved with Direct Sports I realise just what poor customer service is. Direct Sports sit behind "we've opened an enquiry with Hermes". How long does that take - surely a phone call or an email exchange, 1 day at most! No progress so I advised Direct Sports that as I hadn't received the goods nor received any information about the delivery I cancel my order. Yes I can cancel when I return the goods - which they haven't delivered. They have my money and clearly customer service or the fact that a delivery has gone missing and a customer hasn't received the item they paid for isn't remotely a priority or a concern to them. A company to avoid.

“Misleading Next Day Delivery and Arrogant Customer...”

Written on: 03/08/2019 by Hansen474 (1 review written)

I ordered a pair of tennis shoes with Next day delivery, however they did not come the next day! Ordered on a mobile phone where it is entirely unclear and misleading that choosing next day delivery means a later delivery date. Customer Service was completely unapologetic and unwilling to accept poor website design meaning future customers could also be mislead. Will not order from DirectSports again and would avoid.

“Wide trainers to fit my son”

Written on: 17/06/2019 by BrynAbe (3 reviews written)

My son has wide feet and we finally found wide fitting trainers from Direct Sports that were fashionable. They are New Balance and have foam inside which he finds so comfortable. The trainers are so good, he loves them both for how they look and the comfort. The price was good, whilst expensive, no more than other fashionable trainers, and to be honest these look like they'll last a lot longer. The service was fantastic, we didn't go for the expensive fast delivery, it was free and we still received them in two days. I'll certainly use them again in the future.

“Don't waste your time with customer services.. you're...”

Written on: 16/02/2018 by RubyMitchell351 (1 review written)

Purchased two fairly expensive badminton rackets from the site with the trust they would be delivered next day as promised on their web site. 5 days later - with no rackets and having contacted Direct Sports all I have is a curt email from their customer service taking no responsibility for the delay or giving any sense of empathy - apparently its DPD's . Ultimately I'd like to do business with a company that takes the service of its customers seriously rather than pushing them off to chase some third party delivery. - Extremely poor level of customer service. - No accountability for ensuring items are delivered as promised. I regularly purchase items on line - in this day and age its unfortunate to come across a company that trades online but is unwilling to take responsibility / have any level of empathy toward customer issues. I would not recommend or purchase from this company again.

“direct sports will not give me a full refund”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by Madisynf120 (1 review written)

direct sports was unable to fulfil my order. they reimbursed my credit card but due to currency fluctuations i came out losing money. in my mind direct sports should not charge the customer until they are sure they can fulfil the order. this would avoid the customer being ripped off. get no sympathy from direct sports. very unhelpful and arrogant.

“Worst Service Ever”

Written on: 05/02/2015 by AnabelAllison (1 review written)

This must be one of the worst online company there is. The customer service staff (an elderly lady) is so incompetent, arrogant and rude. She keeps talking down to you and attempts to belittle you, every moment. Avoid this company. There are plenty of decent online companies, which do have great after sales service. I ordered something with "next day delivery" option as I had the following day off work and would be at home to receive the item. It was not sent for next day as guaranteed, and the woman in customer service could not care less, and instead confronts and attacks. Also, the stringing done on the badminton racket purchased was of a very low standard. I will never order anything from this company ever again.

“Superb Shopping Experience”

Written on: 14/12/2014 by MauricioPrater499 (1 review written)

Do NOT be put off by the negative reviews for this company. I play a lot of Badminton and in September had the misfortune of breaking my favourite racquet at the handle joint (a fearsome smash). If that wasn't enough, the following week the soles ripped off my (admittedly well worn) court shoes. Unsurprisingly, that particular raquet, and the shoes, are no lomger manufactured. So the search was on to find a raquet that suited my style of play, and shoes that I would be comfortable with. I discussed my needs, especially for the raquet, at considerable length via email - the trail got pretty long. But the staff could not have been more willing and helpful, to the point of sending me a number of different pairs of shoes in order to get a good fit. For obvious reasons you have to pay for these up front. But the returns process was simplicity itself, as they supplied me with a free returns postage label, and my "deposit" was refunded immediately; most excellent. The raquet too (a Voltric 5 Blue) was an instant sucess. It immediately felt right and most effective to use. I cannot thank the staff enough, very courteous, polite and efficient. This is how shopping should be.

“Rubbish returns”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by Darkystar (4 reviews written)

Bought expensive tennis racket for my son - after three months it developed a fracture on the frame. Since it had not been misused and the make had a good reputation (Babolat) we thought no problems and returned under the warranty - how wrong could we have been! Apparently Babolat themselves said the racket had been thrown (which we knew was not the case)hence the damage, however the damage itself was a crack which had grown out of a stringing hole, there were also two other areas showing similar cracks developing. It was agreed that the racket would go back again for a re-inspection and after chasing DS for a few weeks they once again repeated the so called initial findings - and they even sent us a copy of the same original letter without even bothering to change the date duuuuuuh! Obviously they had not inspected the racket. We were promised a report from Babolat themselves but this promise was not kept - DS then said we were not entitled to that and they were not prepared to comment on the damage or explain exactly how throwing a racket could have caused that damage. DS have now refused to respond further. Have told DS that I will be taking photos of the racket and putting it onto the web along with my commentary about their service. Perhaps the worst company I have ever dealt with - as much good as a chocolate teapot. Buy from them at your own risk - fine if you have no problems but if you do then no chance. I suspect DS policy is simply to deny consumer rights in full knowledge that it is not financially viable for anyone to take matters further - morally wrong and all we can hope for is that in time they will go out of business. I will get some satisfaction from putting the photos on the web but also the fact DS have not made a profit out of this one because they paid all the tracked postage costs - idiots!

Darkystar's Response to Darkystar's Review

Written on: 08/10/2014

UPDATE: Having received the racket back I decided to carry out a simple inspection - this involved cutting the frame and taking out various sections (not recommended unless you have the appropriate equipment due to release of fibres). Having then inspected these sections I found that the wall thickness of the frame was around 1.3mm thick in areas that were sound but at the site of the crack the wall thickness was only 0.42mm. No wonder the racket fractured at that point.

Thinking this was the definitive proof of a pre-existing fault I emailed Direct Sports for a response - no reply so I emailed again - guess what - no reply! After four emails I did then get a response from the Warehouse Manager, this email I can only describe as disgraceful because in it I was accused of being a 'bully', 'infantile' and 'disturbed', in addition my professional expertise was attacked. All of this coming from someone who should have at least some skill in dealing with customers yet judging by the numerous spelling mistakes they could not even use a spell checker.

Apparently according to Direct Sports Babolat say this is not a fault in the racket - obviously pigs do fly!

Throughout the whole process I had to consistently chase Direct Sports, they have contradicted themselves many times and clearly did not even check previous emails before sending out more. Review sites do tend to attract negative comments but in this case it is deserved.

If anyone knows of a suitable site to upload the images of the faulty racket onto do let me know.

Read 1 Comment