Anglo Pacific Removals Company www.anglopacific.co.uk

1.6

“Packers took my possessions”

written by mrBoone321 on 17/01/2024

They sent Pinnicle to pack.our possessions. Him and his crew took a suitcase, a clock, and books. This company if filth . Do not use.

“Awful company”

written by JimLondon on 19/10/2022

Avoid this company like the plague! They managed to lose my belongings from their own long term storage facility. It took them 3 years to notify me (during which time, they continued to charge and collect payment for the storage). Since notifying me of the loss, they have done everything possible to avoid / limit liability (including relying on contractual terms which didnt even exist at the time, refused to answer questions around the loss / contracts, refused to disclose copies of documents relevant to the loss ... the list goes on). Truly awful company without a shred of decency or professionalism.

“Move from U.K. to Canada ”

written by Juliedale108 on 06/02/2021

I used AngloPacific for my move from U.K. to Canada. I chose to have my own container at a higher cost rather than a shared one, to minimise handling of my contents. All was fine at this point but on arrival in port in Canada, I was informed they HAD to transfer my goods onto a smaller truck and used several excuses, such as, power lines too low, no parking on the road and the container may damage the driveway. I was charged an additional cost of $500. It makes their life easier to offload at the port rather than drive the container to the address, so they will use any excuse to do so. I asked both AngloPacific and Allied International for some sort of compensation as I was now also being charged for the transfer to another vehicle which was what I paid an extra £500 for in the U.K. to avoid. Both companies refused saying, the container would not fit in the driveway (the unpacking crew informed me that it would have fit). I tried several communications with both companies, but once they have your money they just don’t care. There was no give from either company. I would not recommend them nor their counterpart in Canada.

“Anglo Pacific lost EVERYTHING I owned”

written by on 23/10/2019

Do NOT use this company if you value your possessions - they somehow managed to lose all of mine. Not just a missing box, or a broken dinner set - everything I owned disappeared while in their 'care'. Anticipating a move to the USA, I put all my belongings in storage with AP. When that plan was dropped, I asked them to return my goods. Nothing happened on the delivery date, so I chased them, but there was just silence. After some weeks, I was finally called with the news that AP had lost my shipment. Everything was gone. Stunned, I was fobbed off with various excuses, some contradictory, and assurances that they would search for my goods. Subsequently, with no sign of my belongings, they put the loss in their insurer's hand. OK, they paid the face value of my belongings, but when you pack away 70 years of your life, there are so many items that cash doesn't cover. You assume that so-called specialists are competent and careful - not so with AP. They then added insult to injury by refusing to repay the £2000 paid in fees for unfulfilled services, so I had to take them to court to recover the full amount, plus costs. This has dragged on for two years now, made worse by AP's refusal to communicate - once you become AP's 'problem' you won't hear anything from them. Several times I have asked for news of my belongings, even offered to pay towards costs, but all I get is silence. So, you can add appalling customer service to incompetence, carelessness and neglect. That sums up Anglo Pacific's notion of service. DO NOT TRUST Anglo Pacific WITH YOUR VALUABLE POSSESSIONS - THEY ARE NOT FIT TO TRADE.

“Anglo Pacific absolutely shocking and horrendous ”

written by jeanspenceryoung on 23/03/2018

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THEM AS POSSIBLE AND DEFINITELY DO NOT USE THEM TO MOVE ANYTHING!!!! YOU WILL DEFINITELY REGRET IT! I had Anglo Pacific do my shipping from London to Sydney as I believed them to be a professional and reliable company who I could trust with my personal belongings and to ship my items safely. Part of the reason I decided to use a company like Anglo Pacific is because I know they are very strict in Australia about what can come into the country and have strict requirements with respect to wooden items etc. and I believed a shipping company like AP would be able to help with this. On the whole my experience with Anglo Pacific has been absolutely shocking from beginning to end, and 7 MONTHS LATER I am still trying to get matters resolved and am dealing with constant delaying tactics and games. I have now laid a complaint with both the British Association of Removers (BAR) and Trading Standards as I am hoping they can help to resolve this situation. Two guys came to pack and collect my things in London at the end of August 2017. Neither of them introduced themselves to me, even when I introduced myself to them and I still don't know their names. They were rude and uncommunicative and didn't make any effort to speak to me at all or check with me about anything. It was also clear they had no idea about any special requirements for Australia and really weren't bothered about anything like that. During the process I tried to communicate with them as much as possible, to tell them what I would like done and what I was doing (packing clothes etc. in my bedroom) and what I needed them to do. For the most part I got no response whatsoever and felt totally uncomfortable and frustrated. Before they left I was given a review form to fill in while one of them stood over me and watched me fill it in. I remember thinking "can't give a bad review as this guy is much bigger than me and they have all my stuff. I can't give them less than 4 for anything but maybe even that might make them angry. Do I need to give them five stars for everything to be safe?" For the question about how well my things were packed I said I couldn't answer until I received my belongings in Australia and he didn't seem pleased. They also helped themselves to my tape measure and a stapler and left numerous items out that I had to ask about and say "please pack that" multiple times, like a couple of external hard drives, a laundry rack, some kitchen items etc. The volume of my packed things came to 127 cubic feet more than Anglo Pacific quoted for, and 118 cubic feet more than the volume when I had shipped almost the same amount to the UK two years earlier. The only additional items I had to ship from my previous move were a coffee table, TV unit, television and 3 table lamps and maybe 1 or 2 small boxes of other odds and ends. I now know why the difference in volume - I paid to ship loads of empty space and trash (literally). I received my shipment in Australis on 9th November 2018 in the most shockingly packed and damaged state. My items were packed so badly and unprofessionally I cannot even begin to describe it appropriately. None of the boxes were labelled correctly or reflected correctly on the inventory. All of my furniture is damaged, including a ripped king size mattress, and a coffee table, TV unit, desk and bedside tables that have been scratched, chipped, dented, and in some cases have chunks gouged out of them. My TV is cracked and various other items are scratched and dented. Many items were not wrapped or protected at all, such as a wooden table lamp which had no wrapping whatsoever and was just shoved haphazardly into a box and is now scratched. This was also the case with a couple of glass vases and numerous other fragile items – it is a total miracle that many of these items weren’t completely destroyed. There were also a number of items in the drawers of my desk that were not wrapped or taken out or dealt with at all. A single, folder piece of paper was shoved into each drawer above the items in those drawers and that was it. This included expensive and fragile camera equipment that wasn’t wrapped or packed into a box or anything of that nature – thank goodness I keep that equipment in well-padded cases and boxes anyway or they would have been destroyed. As it is I haven’t had chance to check all the lenses so who knows but I didn’t insure all of the cameras and lenses so that is my own bad luck. In one of the drawers of the desk there was a box of drawing pins for a pinboard – this wasn't wrapped or secured in any way either and when I unwrapped the desk I discovered drawing pins all over the place as the box had come open, and the drawing pins were stuck into all sorts of places both inside and outside of the desk and had to be carefully removed and pulled out of the wood of the desk inside, outside, in drawers, under drawers, in other items in the drawers etc. Both myself and the guy from King and Wilson, the shipping partner in Australia, both got stuck a few times with the drawing pins and had a few injuries here and there, so the desk also has blood on it in places. No bubble wrap or proper protective wrapping of that nature was used at all, with only paper being used to wrap any of those items that were actually wrapped - like an adaptor, because apparently that is very fragile and needs more protection than a glass vase. This is probably why my television was damaged as it was wrapped only in paper with no bubble wrap or protection of that type. Many items that should have been easy to pack and place securely in a box, such as books and a square toaster, were thrown into boxes at odd angles and without any care whatsoever. Many books were clearly thrown into the boxes at strange angles, partly open, and have had the spines and covers damaged and torn. Books are not hard to pack! They are rectangular, solid and can easily be stacked. Likewise with the toaster that was packed at a random angle in the box, had clearly just been tossed into the box and was crushed as a consequence. My cutlery was thrown into the bottom of a box with no care or wrapping at all, my work suits and jackets, that I asked to be put in a hanging box, were shoved down the side of a box with a laundry rack and have cost me a small fortune to get dry-cleaned and sorted out as they were so creased and graunched! There are numerous items that are dented and damaged such as my microwave, my dyson is badly scratched and there is a dent in my Nutribullet. A Nutribullet is basically solid steel so to put a dent in it takes some determination. I followed the process to put through an insurance claim on many of the items, but there are items that I have not claimed for as they still seem to work and the aesthetic of the items is not important – this includes my microwave, my dyson, my Nutribullet, the damaged books etc. Also, frankly, I don't need the hassle of dealing with so many delays and back and forth for even more items so I let it go on those items. The insured value of the items I am claiming for is £4405. I have moved with my desk and a few other wooden furniture items 4 times and they have been maintained in pristine condition without any damage whatsoever, including an international move, but with this move they have been scratched and dented and chipped on all sides. I have never had such bad service and such a bad experience with any move I have made, and I have moved countries 4 times and moved cities within a country 3 times. Many of the boxes were only half full, or just filled up with paper while a few small items were put in the bottom, for example 4 books, a couple of DVDs, a yoga mat, a hockey stick and a small empty cardboard box (?!) in a double volume box that could hold three times as much space - so I PAID TO SHIP EMPTY SPACE! A lot of empty space! I also found about 12 almost finished rolls of packaging tape thrown in the boxes as apparently the packers couldn't be bothered to dispose of them appropriately, as well as an empty coke can, empty chips packets and a number of used straws. I also paid to ship actual trash! I decided to get insurance to give me peace of mind and in the unlikely event of some kind of problem with the actual shipping. I wasn't expecting the packing to be the reason I needed it! On Fri 10th November, the day after my shipment had arrived and I had managed to look through most of the packing, I first notified Anglo Pacific that many of the items in my shipment were damaged and I would like to lodge an insurance claim. At the time I said, in my email to them: "I received my shipment from London to Sydney yesterday, 9th November 2017, and I am extremely unhappy and angry. ... my items have clearly been packed very badly and there are multiple issues and damages to my things. I will be sending you a more comprehensive email with a full list of items that have been damaged and how, pictures of the damages, and with the issues in terms of how badly everything has been packed just generally." It is now over 4 MONTHS LATER! And it is nearly 7 months after my belongings were collecting and I am having to haggle over the replacement and repair of items that it was the responsibility of Anglo Pacific to pack with care and professionalism. And for which I paid insurance. This is not my fault or my responsibility. It is the responsibility of Anglo Pacific to sort this out and settle my claim appropriately and timeously, which is certainly not the case. The order of events for making my claim have been as follows: Friday 10th November – I informed them of the damage, that I am unhappy and that I needed to file an insurance claim. Sat 11th November – they informed the Claims Department that I would like to make a claim and said I could expect a response in 7 working days. Tues 21st November – 7 working days since the request for forms and nothing received so I emailed again asking for the forms. Thurs 23rd November – they asked the Claims Department to respond to my email and send the form Thurs 23rd November – Claims forms sent to me (13 days after I notified them of the damage). Sunday 26th November – Claims forms submitted with full supporting receipts, photographs of damage and packaging and examples of replacement items and their costs. Weds 6th December – a lady from Claims Departments acknowledged receipt of claim and supporting images. (10 days after I submitted my claim). Mon 18th December – I sent a follow up email to find out what the progress was and giving a time line of events (no reply was received). Fri 5th January – I received an email thanking me for my claim form this time from someone else. I was informed a preliminary review had been conducted and asked for some information, including a quotation for the repair of the furniture and the mattress from a restorer. Fri 5th January – I provided answers to those question I could answer and notified them that I had been in touch with a number of repair companies to get quotes. Thurs 11th January – They thanked me for my response and said she looked forward to receiving the quote. Weds 31st January – I informed them I had asked for quotes from 3 or 4 companies but was still waiting to receive responses or quotes. I received no response to this email. (I found it incredibly difficult to find companies willing to provide quotes as they weren’t comfortable with quoting on an insurance claim and it took multiple emails and phone calls to find a company willing to do it). Thurs 8th February – I forwarded an email to them a company agreed to provide a quote but that there would be a $176 quote fee. I asked if this would be covered under the claim. No response was received. Weds 14th February – I sent an email to them asking if I could proceed with the quote or not. Thurs 15th February – They responded that I could go ahead with the quote. Friday 2nd March – I sent them the repair quote and the card statement for the $176 fee. Friday 9th March – they told me I could receive settlement in one of two ways. Total insured value and surrendering all items as salvage or Cash compensation of 20% of the insured amount if I wish to retain any items. Friday 9th March – I informed them than I am happy to take the full insured amount for most of the items and will happily surrender them but that a few of the items (desk, bedside table and table lamp) have sentimental value so I am not happy to surrender them and am most unhappy to received 20% of the insured value as it will not even come close to covering the repair cost. Wednesday 14th March – they informed me that if I wish to keep some items I must “forward an alternative written quotation for the repair of the items. Please note that the restoration cost will need to be less than the insurance values you have provided.” Wednesday 14th March – I emailed a response to them much like this review. I also said that I have no control over the amount quoted to restore my furniture and I can't make someone give me a quote below the insured value.  I also said had already been in contact with multiple companies, had struggled to get even one quote, that I don't think there are any companies I haven't already been in touch with. No response was received. Thursday 22nd March – I email the claims and customer service departments a similar but slightly more detailed version of the email I sent on 14th March, cc'ing the people I had been dealing with. Friday 23 March - I received a rude, unhelpful and unacceptable response from them essentailly telling me that I am wrong, I am responsible for the delays and asking for a photograph of the label on the mattress. It also said: "If you wish to pursue your complaint regarding the packing standard, please contact your move coordinator directly as this does not fall within the remit of your insurance policy". WTF?!?!? Because the fact that she works for Anglo Pacific dealing with insurance claims means she isn't supposed to help me or take into account the exact reason that I am making the claim!?!?! Or that she is somehow responsible for providing decent customer service and resolving my issues?!?!?!? Now here I am 7 months after my belongings were collecting haggling over the replacement and repair of items that it was the responsibility of Anglo Pacific to pack with care and professionalism. And for which I paid insurance. This is not my fault or my responsibility. It is the responsibility of Anglo Pacific to sort this out and settle my claim appropriately and timeously, which is certainly not the case right now. To add insult to injury Baxendale Insurance Company, the insurance underwriters I assume, will deduct an excess of 1% of the total value declared on my proposal form, with a minimum deduction of £50 and a maximum deduction of £200 upon settlement of my claim. So basically £200. I am beyond fed up, exasperated and, frankly worn out with this whole damn process and I could not be more upset or angry with a company than I am with Anglo Pacfic PLC.

“Nightmare experience”

written by Starfire on 10/02/2018

I spoke to the staff in Glasgow many months before I was due to move to America. They seemed kind and helpful, but perhaps their constant requests for updates as to when I was going to use their services were more to meet targets than genuine care? After the rest of my experiences I now wonder. I hate thinking that as I liked the two people I dealt with However, looking back there were warning signes. For example I was 'convinced' with clever objection handling to take out an insurance policy on my possessions, even though I was assured that the people packing my things were very experienced and knew exactly how to make sure that they were well taken care of. I did this. The packers did seem very efficient, Although I did feel that the thin paper they used for my breakable items was not what I had expected. In fact, I felt grateful that many of my most precious items had already been packed with and under the guidance of a friend who works for UPS in the damages department. She is well aware of the type of packing that protects against damage. In the USA I suddenly got an email in very poor English from a company called contour. I thought that the first email, because of the poor grammar and wording was suspicious. A second one came and I contacted the lady in Glasgow who said that this strange message was from their agents in the USA. After a call to them to try to organise a delivery date I was horrified by the calibre of the agents. I was trying to explain that I would be back in the UK for a while and the delivery had to be before or after. The girl with whom I spoke was rude, abrupt and had very poor English. She 'repeated' back to me a list of information completely at odds with what I had told her.Then she hung up. I spoke to the lady in Glasgow again and she had to intervene for me. Thankfully the people in Glasgow still seemed to feel some sense of customer service. It became apparent that I would not get the boxes until after I was back. I was a little disappointed but it was not a large matter. Then Irma happened and the US agents did not get the items off of the dock and into a warehouse before the event and I was charged several hundred dollars for harbour fees on top of the almost £3000 I had paid between the costs of the transportation and the insurance fees. When I got back trying to deal with Contour to get my items delivered was a bad joke. I was made to feel as if they were doing me the biggest favour even considering delivering to me, and they would do it at their leisure and convenience. Both my husband and myself tried calling them and got the same rude, abrupt attitudes in bad English. Emails to them were ignored for days then when we got answers they ignored questions or requests and repeated that I had to understand that they would deliver at a time suitable for their own scheduled routes. The emails were, again, poorly worded with terrible grammar and English.Finally I was contacted by someone who seemed to know what he was doing. The delivery driver gave us a set time for delivery and was very much true to his word on the time he arrived. However, although my contract said unpacking would be done onto floors and tables, it was obvious that he and his very sweet young companion were on a tight schedule so we started unpacking. We found some damages right away and he said to make sure I recorded them. I contacted the lady in Glasgow and she advised me to photograph them and send the pictures to her to pass to the claims team.At this time I had said to her I wanted someone in authority to contact me about my experiences. After several weeks and several emails back to the same lady in Glasgow and finally a message and comment on the service on facebook, I heard from the claims department who told me that a claims form had to be submitted within 14 days of receiving my goods. This time had already passed. I emailed back and pointed out that they already had the pictures. No response until I contacted the lady in Glasgow again. Then they conceded that they had the pictures. I filled in the form and sent it off. There was almost £600 worth of damage. Next they asked me to resend the pictures cataloging what part of the claim each one referred to. Frankly I think a picture of a bed with dents and scratches obviously relates to a bed with dents and scratched and a picture of a broken samurai statuette clearly matches the picture of a broken samurai warrior statuette. As initially they asked me to send pictures of the damages and supplied no claim form I think the whole system was an atrocious disaster. I still had not heard from anyone about my experiences and did not have time to spend chasing up, as I had started work. Also, there is no contact phone number for customer service on the website. Finally, I received an 'offer' of settlement for the damages. £95.00. When I argued it seems that the damage to my bed is 'only cosmetic' and not of importance. The damage done by bad packing by the ANGLO PACIFIC packers is my fault because I should have made sure they packed liquids properly. And they have decided the value they want to pay for other items. Yes...I realise now that the insurers are Anglo Pacific themselves and that the insurance policy is not worth a jot. If I had just kept the premium aside and risked breakages I would have been better off. Tonight I am furious as I pointed out that I would have to buy a new bed as the damage has totally spoiled the look of my bed and I have worked hard to make the perfect romantic room for myself and my new husband. The attitude of the claims advisor was callous and uncaring. In effect she said that as far as they are concerned they have to do enough damage that it cannot be slept in for them to be interested. In other words they can damage your furniture to beyond you wanting it in your house as long as it is still in one piece! Also, I have asked her repeatedly for a manager to contact me about the whole experience and her attitude has been 'What for? A manager won't change anything'. She is probably right. If her attitude and the standards of care and professionalism I have had from this company and its contractors is anything to go by, the managers are probably no better. I would actually have been better off and far less out of pocket leaving the bed, the one item of furniture I brought, back in the UK and getting UPS to ship my stuff. Nothing I have sent through them has ever been damaged.

“Good, quick, service”

written by Kent2 on 06/12/2017

Used this company to transport personal items to Chicago. Having never done this before I was confused by, the different types and size of boxes that can be used, along with with the weight and prohibited items. The website clarified a lot of the confusion for me, also being able to email the staff and phone with problems. They kept me informed at all times of what was to happen next, and also kept good contact with the recipient of the items. The items arrived just over a week from collection, so very pleased with this company.

“Disgusting unethical company”

written by LadyHH on 27/10/2016

We sent our precious belongings in premium service to go directly from our home to Heathrow and then arriving a few days later at our home in Tenerife. After a month they arrived with everything smashed! When we when to claim on the Insurance for the £2500 as although I had detailed the items I had not correctly completed the form so instead of the value we received a couple of hundred pounds. We provided all the photographic evidence but still they would pay for our loss of our wedding gifts and items from deceased parent. This company has no ethics and couldn't careless as has been factually demonstrated. We have never made an insurance claim and this is how people are treated when clearly their fault for what happened!!! DO NOT USE

“ANGLO PACIFIC - STAY AWAY FROM THEM”

written by oaMcKay117 on 17/11/2015

Reader - I beg you not to consider Anglo Pacific any further!! My shipment arrived with all my crockery completely smashed and the electrical items box delivered upside down! As a result my coffee machine was broken, laptop dented and iMac broken beyond repair. I have received no apology and to the contrary the claims department have been difficult to get hold of, and rude when I have spoken to them. I have just received an offer of settlement way below the value of the items damaged. Anglo Pacific - you have ruined what should have been one of the most exciting moves of my life. Reader - I beg you not to consider Anglo Pacific any further. You will regret it.

“This company I would not recommend to anyone. I had a...”

written by IsmaelBoyd on 01/11/2015

This company I would not recommend to anyone. I had a £300 Dyson vacuum stolen out of my shipment and they are taking no responsibility for it. I didn't expect people to go through my shipment when Anglo Pacific should have secured my belongings. My items sat in your warehouse for two weeks due to Anglo Pacific having technical difficulties with staffing (people leaving the company) as they told me this is the reason for their delay in shipping my items. I received an email saying it was going to Australia! My shipment was supposed to go to California so that was very worrying after I corrected them they confirmed it would go to San Francisco as agreed upon. I had to continue to chase up on the status of my shipment for two weeks! Then my items where sent to Los Angeles for some unknown reason when they where agreed to be sent to San Francisco. I had to chase up again to have it sent to the correct location (San Francisco). I now have come to find out an expensive item of mine(Dyson Vacuum) has been stolen out of my belongings and Anglo Pacific is taking no responsibility for this. I feel Anglo Pacific has shown negligence by failing to secure safe transport of my items which has resulted in stolen property. As a shipping company they should have a record of the weight of my items when they took them from me and then the weight of the item from the airline (Virgin Atlantic) which they used to ship with. There should be records of this along with security cameras in the warehouses. Someone needs to take responsibility for the stolen goods when people intrust a company with their property. This Vacuum was christmas present from my father and had great value to me. I feel violated that someone would go into my belongings and take something like this. It was a large vacuum it was not like it was a pair of diamond earrings. Someone had to have seen someone walking around with a Dyson vacuum. This is not a small item to go missing. I sent an email to them and they never responded back. Along with all of this I was being charged for a $45 for a storage fee when my items where stuck in Los Angeles and I was told I would be given a refund for this but I have yet to see this refund come through. Why would I have to pay for a storage fee when it was their mistake? I am extremely unhappy with this company by their standards of business practices, ethics and their customer service.

“DO NOT use this company. ”

written by Ella177 on 02/07/2015

Moved to Houston in June 2015. Initial quote process from this company was good, especially as we did not have a confirmed departure date. but actually logistics from there were dire. Husband took a day off work to receive boxes ( via courier) but they failed to arrive. He could not take another day off so arranged to have them delivered to his work, but instead they attempt the flat and no-one was in, finally on third try boxes delivered to his work, but we then had to get them home ourselves involving several trips. Our packing was delayed by a week for this. Then there was much confusion as we were told to put 'destination New York' on our boxes, after many phone calls it transpired our shipment had been changed from air to sea freight, and we got it changed back Pick up actually went ok and we were quoted 7-10 days for our stuff to arrive in Houston, great we thought, , but then we had emails about there being 11 rather than the 10 boxes on our inventory. Turns out a random box of plumbing supplies from goodness knows where got in with our stuff, it took three days for them to resolve this. Then three times we were asked permission to charge the credit card, three times we said yes, and two weeks after the boxes were picked up we are STILL without them - in fact, they have not yet left the UK. They still need to clear customs in US and therefore who knows when we will get them. We chased with AP and were told we would get them in 6-12 weeks as we were sea freight. No, we said, again, we are AIR FREIGHT and our payment receipt says as much. Lesson - do not ship anything you need for at least the first three months.

“Blackmailed by Anglo Pacific”

written by cascavelle on 15/01/2015

Moved to Thailand on 24/7/14 and on 1/7/14 an A P Staff collected my household items in 4 boxes after having paid insurance/transportation cost. On 5/9/14 received an email from AP sayind insurance has not been fully paid and about 15pound is overdue, I sent mail protesting with no answer,in extremis I phone London on my mobile costed 15 pounds. A rude staff answered and threated that failing payment my boxes will be destroyed. the only way out was to pay the money. I was traumatised. Would be customers beware.

“AVOID IF YOU LIKE YOUR BELONGINGS”

written by stevecassidy1 on 12/09/2014

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I recently foolishly used Anglo Pacific to move from the UK to Canada. During the packing and shipping of my valuables several expensive pictures were smashed. I can totally understand breakages during an international shipment, however out of 12 pictures, I believe 50% did not survive. Fiona Goulder delayed and hid behind company small print that my dear old mum in the UK did not read. Because AP strapped all 12 pictures together (which may be why they broke), they assigned this to be one asset and only admitted one breakage - when 6 were broken. They also broke several irreplaceable figurines (warner brothers) and as I could not acquire a quote as they are not repairable they refused to pay for any of these breakages. In total, the breakages total about 1000 dollars but AP only offered 40 pounds. REPEAT - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU DONT CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR VALUABLES...

“promised 8 weeks sea shipping after 15weeks still waiting”

written by Landinu496 on 10/08/2014

We have arranged our household goods to be shipped from UK to USA back in April 2014 by Anglo Pacific. We have been quoted 8-10 weeks for shipping by sea. Now it is the 15th weeks and our stuff still have not been delivered to us. When we complained and pointed out their promise of money back guarantee if they happen not to be able to keep to the quoted time frame, we quickly received an answer: apparently they only quote times between the date of loading to the vessel and unloading at the final destination port....so they simply cut off the waiting time before your stuff gets loaded to the ship as well as the waiting time for customs to clear etc...also our goods turned out to be waiting in the UK for over one month, missing two ships due to containers being overbooked...of course they say it is out of their reasonable control, so they are not responsible...yet they happily took our money and did not notify us at the time of booking about the overbooked vessel situation, which they should have known...this company is nothing but a nightmare. They don't know the meaning of customer service whatsoever. We had to chase them several times to get a reply and facts out of them. We are going to be moving again overseas in less than two years time, and we would never ever use these guys again. They simply lie to you to get your custom and than they don't care about you...their money back guarantee is an utterly disgusting misleading line. Don't be fooled, I am sure there are other honest companies out there who would be givining you correct information to start with. We would have possible used freight shipping for many of our belongings if we know the realistic times before we get to use our own things again. I don't know how can they run a business like this. Its disgraceful.

“Worst Moving Experience Ever!”

written by Mendozarp467 on 23/07/2014

We used Anglo Pacific to ship our household goods from London to San Francisco and had the worst experience possible. The company over-promised on the sales end, especially regarding shipping times - our items were even shipped one week after the original indicated departure date. The packers managed to use their skills to break all of our lampshades and a great number of our drinking glasses. Our bedroom wardrobe ended up having the top wooden counter cracked and ruined, and one of our side tables was extremely scuffed and scraped. All of this despite the fact that Anglo Pacific touts its superior trained packers and movers. In addition, the packers were kind enough to leave an empty Dr. Pepper soda bottle in one of our boxes. I would never recommend using Anglo Pacific for any move anywhere.

“UK-US Move”

written by on 19/03/2014

My husband and I recently relocated from the UK to the US and was looking for a company to ship our possessions, no furniture with. We chose Anglo Pacific as they are a well known global company and offered a decent rate for air freight (we were originally considering sea freight). The quote/booking procedure was very simple as was completing all the paperwork required for the shipment. We took out full insurance coverage which I would recommend to everyone. We shipped 6 boxes, 3 of which arrived one day, the other 3 a couple of days later. This was only the start of our problems.... The boxes turned up ripped with holes in them. The boxes were smothered with fragile stickers yet it was apparent the boxes had been dropped/thrown around. 3 boxes sustained serious damage, all glasswear smashed despite being bubble wrapped to the max, wrapped in clothes and placed securely in the middle of the boxes. Iron bird cage bent, book covers torn, the list goes on. The boxes were definitely opened and the goods moved around. Whilst the insurance reclaim procedure was fairly painless, you never get what you insured the goods for and they fight you on every cost, it has been the response from the sales team that has truly been a nightmare. A simple request for 50% refund on our shipping cost has been met with indifference and they even have the balls to blame us! It has taken weeks of emails to even get a reply. Shambolic organization and I would urge you all to think about using this company. If you value your possessions and sanity do not use this company. They are cheap for a reason, the saying is true, you get what you pay for.

“Big thanks to all at Anglo Pacific”

written by garyotoole on 04/01/2014

A massive thank you to all at Anglo Pacific and Keys Brothers. Made our move from London to Perth so smooth, we really appreciate all your help. Very professional and efficient and all done at a great price!! Would highly recommend an definitely use their services again.

“ANGLO PACIFIC REMOVALS - DO NOT USE THEM !!!”

written by Traveller_1 on 17/12/2013

FIRST THEY LOST ONE BOX BETWEEN ESSEX AND LONDON! IT NEVER EVEN GOT TO THE DOCKS! THEN IT ARRIVED BACK AT MY HOME - HA!GOOD JOB I STILL LIVED THERE EH? THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED, SO I REPACKED IT AND THEY COLLECTED AGAIN! YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT I AM VERY CAREFUL WHEN PACKING, THE MORE BUBBLE WRAP PACKAGING THE BETTER. THE ITEMS FINALLY GOT DELIVERED TO MY NEW HOME IN AUSTRALIA BUT WITH DAMAGED AND BROKEN ITEMS. :-( YES I INSURED THE SHIPPING FULLY, BUT THEN THEY OFFERED ME 50% OF THE VALUE TO REPLACE THINGS THAT HAD BEEN DESTROYED - YEAH RIGHT! WHAT IS THE POINT OF INSURING THE ITEMS THEN ACCEPTING 50% OF THE VALUE?? THESE PEOPLE ARE ROGUES AND VAGABONDS ON THE SEA, PIRATES! MY WARNING IS - IF YOU VALUE YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS DON'T USE ANGLO PACIFIC.

“AVOID!!! time wasters, unscrupulous liars”

written by on 23/11/2013

Most disgusting company ever. I've just wanted to make an international shipping with Anglo Pacific to the UAE. AVOID them as far as you can! Before booking the service, we agreed that the boxes would be shipped out with the next boat. It was the most important for me. They kept sending me preformed automated emails instead of relevant ones. Eventually, they missed the next available shipping date. When they were not able to give me another date and I arranged shipping with another company, this time-waster delayed to give me the collection address just to lose even more time although I asked him four times... In addition they issued me a very nice invoice for the collection from London to London. So they kept half of my money. I have never met such a carp service ever!

“Anglo Pacific - Unaccountable for theft and loss,...”

written by on 20/11/2013

Anglo picked up the goods on time from the UK and 3 months later delivered them to Australia, minus one case which happened to be an Apple 32" screen case. Funny how that one disappeared. It was never seen by the removalists after Anglo took possession of it. Contained not a screen but 13 years of photos and personal items while in the UK. Anglo did;nt really apologise, made me fill out a stupid amount of paperwork, then gave me 40 pounds compensation and said they were'nt liable for any loss. I believe I should be responsible for my belongings in terms of insurance for breakage etc and pay a premium for this, however when items disappear and are clearly stolen (by one of your employees or agents) then this should fall on Anglo Pacific and basically the term limited liability is just a way of saying they take no responsibility or recourse for the actions of their staff. Anglo should be accountable for each and every item in each and every consignment. Not the case and thus I am left very unsatisfied. Rude staff, tell you what you want to hear, hit you with hidden costs and finally loose your stuff (well, I would say they stole it thinking it was something valuable where it was something valuable to just me). If there was the option for negative stars I would have given them that. NEVER USE ANGLO PACIFIC.