Corris Mine Explorers Reviews

Corris Mine Explorers - Ask a question now

“Wow! This was so unique! Mine explorers is basically...”

written by pinkkittyjem on 28/07/2010

Wow! This was so unique! Mine explorers is basically like a living museum. The abandoned slate mine has been left 'as it was' and simply opened up to the public. The mine goes back to the early 1800s and the equipment, etc is still down there. I found some old candles and a cigarette packet. I would definitely recommend it but I would leave the little kids at home because there are no toilets underground, etc. Don't be frightened of the fact that it is inside the mine by the way! You have to wear hardhats, etc. because of health and safety but it isn't dangerous. The pathways are mainly level. I went on a 'taster trip' (one and a half hours) but wish I'd chosen the full trip because I would have loved to have spent longer down there.