Copart Reviews - www.copart.co.uk

• How would you rate the product range?

Copart www.copart.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Copart www.copart.co.uk

Copart www.copart.co.uk

“AVOID”

Written on: 23/05/2022 by phil20033 (1 review written)

So I thought I’d give copart a try whilstI was waiting for some of my classic cars to be delivered… bought 4 cars in total from 3 different sites.. ALL HPi Clear.. ALL described as running & driving with normal damage.. here’s what i bought over 6 weeks.. (1) Clio, covered in dents and just able to tick over but not drive (2) BMW318, turned up sounding like a tank with cat sawn out from exhaust & blown head gasket (3) Volvo V70R turbo… turned up and it was a standard V70 non turbo car (bought in haste) (4) Ford focus.. blown head gasket, faded paint and dents on most panels, junk So the term “buyer beware” doesn’t really apply as the descriptions are so bad you don’t stand a chance to make a profit, my Copart experiment was short lived and a waste of £100.. best avoided, worst car auctioneer in the UK

“I sign up and payed the subscription fee so i can bid...”

Written on: 22/02/2022 by Spence170 (1 review written)

I sign up and payed the subscription fee so i can bid in a vehicle that ends today but i wasn't allowed because it needs up to 2 days to verify my account.On their site it says that you can register in 60sec,pay, upload the document and you can bid which is completely misleading.I contacted them and they said they don't do refund even though i haven't used their service and it was completely misleading from their side.

“Please avoid this company”

Written on: 15/01/2022 by 1977Dolan (1 review written)

Copart Sandtoft, you are a joke! You have informed me on four different occasions that my car will be delivered on a particular day. I've lost four working days, around £500, as I had to stay home for the delivery driver that never arrived. Dozens of emails didn't work; thus, I phoned you last Thursday on four occasions; each time, you have put me on hold knowingly that after 30min on hold, I will hang up. Yes, I hung up, but I'm also taking my business elsewhere as well as informing The Standard Trading Agency of your practices. I have purchased the car on 28/12/21 -now it's 15/01/22, and still no delivery of the car.

“Today 08/10/21 it was the WORST customer experience...”

Written on: 08/10/2021 by Jdasaro (1 review written)

Today 08/10/21 it was the WORST customer experience EVER received from the person I dealt with in NEWBURY, To make this short the car was wrongly advertised and once received the car I let Copart know the car has an issue and they just washed their hands they didn't admit that the car has gearbox issues. Clearly they didn't add the comments and they didn't took pictures of the problem - obviously they don't make money So good job to the person I dealt with and good job Copart Newbury you have lost a customer and of course I will make this issue known by anyone I know. Its a shame the way I've been treated and the way this finished I tried to clear your name and I was always helping Copart but I had the sour taste of a dodgy company managed by dodgy guys!

“Ghastly company”

Written on: 28/09/2021 by Stephen.J.Phillips (1 review written)

In my 30 years in the motor trade I really can’t recall a more ghastly company than Copart. If you engage in any regular business with Copart, I guarantee you’ll discover this company is run by tyrants and bullies. Copart make RyanAir’s Micheal O’Leary seem a reasonable guy. They simply see the customer as a cash cow to impose throughly unreasonable charges at any point. All the contact numbers are expensive 0845 numbers, their whole ethos is just about being greedy. They are a big presence in the salvage market, and use their near monopoly status to get away with dreadful customer services.

“AVOID LIKE FIRE! ”

Written on: 18/04/2021 by Trust-no-one (2 reviews written)

Be extremely cautious when your car will end up with this company! Avoid like fire! My insurance company decided to send my car to Copart for an inspection which should last a week. After 3 weeks (!) my car was finally returned, but in what state… It was so filthy like someone would burry it and then dug back up. All interior was covered in ground dust, someone left drivers side window open and there are marks of rain flooding on the door and drivers seat with a big stain… Rubbish left in my car (paper and foil), the car also had some marker on the windscreen and Copart brand stick foil which left hard to remove glue residue. Besides the overall filth which makes the car look disgusting there were also damages done to front of my car! Front bumper was damaged with a dent in it as well and the hood was damaged like someone tried to force open it because they were to daft to figure out the lock mechanism. Now it doesn’t close properly and is crooked. There were also some parts left on my seat which were not assembled back into their place. Just to mention my car is a Jaguar XF R-Sport and it was heart breaking to see my car returned in such condition after JUST a VISIUAL inspection. 3 days and the case is still ‘under investigation’ I’m furious as I’m left without my car for longer as I want them to make things right and I’m still waiting for an answer. Please avoid like fire and if you have no choice make loads of pictures before your car will be sent off to them for any reason.

“Unfair, rude”

Written on: 10/12/2020 by yfDrake51 (1 review written)

Unfair company. Copart bends the law selling membership which is refundable following Consumer Contracts Regulations which came into force on 13 June 2014 and implement the Consumer Rights Directive within a cooling period. They refuse however to refund a membership online purchase where the law states we have a right to opt out within 14 days. According to Copart people who pay the fee are not consumers. Following other comments about them there is only one advice - AVOID!!!

“Extortion fees”

Written on: 29/09/2020 by Waitina (1 review written)

Bought a car for £950 from their online auction.....sent a bill of £1422 !!!! Be aware of their extortion fees. Break down of fees-: SALE PRICE £950 BUYER FEE £165 INTERNET BID FEE £30 LOT RETRIEVAL £40 VAT CHARGES £47 VAT ON SALE PRICE £190 NET DUE (£ 1422 Just be aware you will end up paying so much more than you could if bought on other platforms.

“OMG COPART HAS GONE NEXT LEVEL GREEDY!!!”

Written on: 03/06/2020 by THEREALIST1 (1 review written)

OMGGG COPART HAS GONE NEXT LEVEL GREEDY...TOO MUCH GREEDINESS WILL KILL YOUR COMPANY!!! Reported!! Premium numbers for calling, uneducated and rude staff who hang up after 50mins of average waiting times, just found that membership prices has increased by another £10 and that "memberships are renewed on calendar year basis" instead of normal (so I will have to pay for full year of membership although I am joining in JUNE) So you cannot currently see the vehicle due to covid and are bidding blindly on things where description is incorrect in most cases! not to mention the loading fee, online bidding fee, highways jacket fee, late fee, storage fee, and many other fees all for the sake of a mangled car which I bought listed as "starts and drives" but when it was delivered IT DID NOT EVEN HAVE AN ENGINE!!!!!!!!!! COMPREHEND THIS!!!! and on top of that when I rang to complain the lady on the phone said "there is nothing she can do and I'll have to deal with it myself"...I am writing a letter to trading standards and Prime Minister and few other people to close down this company and make auctions highly regulated for customer safety...you should write the same letter.

“They are salvage yards, not a car dealer!”

Written on: 18/05/2020 by utHolmes274 (1 review written)

The reviews on here are not fair in my view. Copart sells salvage cars that have been written off! It's up to you to study the pictures and do the background checks. You can always make an appointment and view before bidding. I've bought quite a few vehicles from them, it is a bit of a gamble, but that's why you set your limits low and bid accordingly. Just my opinion, but it's not somewhere you buy a car if you don't consider the risks. Plus they are always busy and you need to know there will be queue when you collect a vehicle and it will come out to you on a fork lift truck. Again, it is a salvage yard, not Bristol Street Motors.

Written on: 29/01/2021

copart are in breach of many laws re terms and cond which are flawed. they are soon subject too investigation and liable.

Written on: 01/12/2021

but they cause more damage, and after you have seen and paid ,, so that is liable, even showed them there own pics and still they say it was not done by them, fees are well over the top, poor information on what they sell and some poor pics, they dont tell you that there is many vans fully loaded over weight when you collect them, lift vehicles and vans that then should not and you tell them not too and cause more damage, pics show more fuel in them at time taken and they have damaged and drained the fuel.,,, they are bad for not taken responsibility for there own actions and liability, the list goes on.

Read 3 Comments

“Slow, but profitable”

Written on: 24/04/2020 by Dezzamondo (2 reviews written)

Wow, some of the reviews on here seem to be grossly exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, Copart is far from great, but its not quite as bad as a lot of people seem to be making it out to be. First and foremost, you are buying insurance write-offs for the vast majority of auctions. These cars will need attention before you even come close to selling them on. Most of the cars will have been sat for weeks, if not months by the time it gets to you. No ticking over engines, no servicing, nothing. Don't kid yourself about the amount of work (and parts!) you're going to have to put in in order to rebuild a working, sellable vehicle. Yes, Copart are slow. I mean 4 weeks+ just to become a member and the same again to arrange deliveries, etc. It's insane. Deliberate? Possibly, but don't forget that they are dealing with THOUSANDS of cars each week and there's only a handful of depots and staff to deal with those cars and the queries around them. The fastest way is contacting any depots directly via phone. Yes, it's a premium number, presumably to deter people from asking stupid questions like "Does this car have a V5 doc?" which is answered in the listing. But for the sake of a couple of quid, you skip the email queues and get dealt with professionally. You want a fast answer and they want to get through as many queries as possible, so don't expect a chin-wag unless you're willing to foot the bill! To give you an idea of timelines: - Requested membership in September 2019. - Membership FINALLY approved in November 2019. (ironically, the day after a Datsun 240z I wanted ended) - Bought 2 cars in January 2020. After 2 weeks of waiting for a response for Copart delivery, called the depot and jumped the queue. 2 weeks later, I got contacted by the transporter (they use a bank of contracted transporters from the looks of things) and they delivered the cars the following day (flatbed + trailer), handed me the keys and I signed some paperwork. - V5 hadn't arrived with one of the cars, so emailed the depot, got a response and received the V5 2 weeks later. - Bought another car in March, called the depot the same day as winning the auction, arranged delivery and got it the day before shutdown got declared in the UK. Good points: - If you have the time, skills and money, you can pick up insanely good deals on a variety of vehicles. - The auction site also has a mobile and tablet app, if you like that sort of thing. - If you don't mind waiting and can handle the delayed cashflow, its great. - Personnel are generally polite and professional. - You can expedite your cases via telephone if you need to. - They offer an auto-delivery service so that you don't have to keep calling up to arrange delivery. - Delivery costs are about the same as going privately, so actually quite competitive. (I was surprised to find that out too!) - Great selection of cars that follow seasonality as well. Not-so-good points: - They are slow to do just about anything other than charge you money. - The phone fees are annoying, considering how much they charge in fees. - V5 documents aren't given to the Copart transporters when they pick up the vehicle, only you or your private transporters if you tell your transporter to do so! - DO NOT EXPECT TO MAKE MONEY ON A "QUICK FLIP". It just isn't going to happen. Expect up to 4 weeks from winning an auction through to receiving the vehicle, unless you're going to go and pick it up yourself. - The final sales fees are high. - The further away you are from a depot the higher the delivery fees will be, but in an exponential fashion rather than anything particularly reasonable. Keep close to home unless you're buying a car you really, REALLY want it. i.e. a £500 auction winning bid, with fees and delivery over 100miles will come to about £1000 all-in. - The cars have been sat for so long you will generally need to charge the batteries as a first step, if not replace them completely. I've had 3 cars and gone through 2 batteries. Mostly age related, but the lack of use was also a big factor. Either way, to sum Copart up, they aren't the fastest, nor the cheapest, but if you want damaged cars in a consistent format that can be delivered directly to you and you don't need to make a "quick buck", then Copart might be the service to try. Just be prepared to wait, and if you can't just pick up the phone! I've invested about £3500 into Copart cars so far with a resale value of £c.6500, mostly for the joy of tinkering with cars and driving around in something fun. Copart is best used for body-shops looking for work, motor traders looking for fixable stock and hobbyists/enthusiasts looking for something to get their hands dirty with. All in all, I like Copart and the doors its opened for me as a petrol head. It might be slow, but then again, what's the rush? If yours is a commercial venture, just add the calls to your expenses and be done with it. Hopefully, this review might have helped one or two of you on the fence. I can only share my experience, but to really understand what its all about, I'd highly recommend taking a leap of faith in yourself, sign up and place some bids! You can work out the rest from there and you are most certainly more than capable of making you own mind up about Copart from there. Good luck! :)

“" Warning " do not buy from this Copart”

Written on: 22/04/2020 by AliyaFrazier433 (1 review written)

" Warning " do not buy from this Copart Please guys be aware this company. They are taking advantage of Covid lock down on delivery only purchases, no prior viewing , bad angled photos of cars to disguise extent of damage , premium phone lines when you make a call, allow you to bid on cars knowing they are preventing collection of cars for export when there is no delivery outside Uk then charge you storage charges because you cannot collect even after sending a car transport company from abroad. Looking for full refund now. I will now exercise my rights under EU internet consumer law and seek a full refund under the 14day internet purchase rules DO NO BUY from Copart learn from my mistake

Marinicab's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2021

What did you do?I'm in the same situation as you...maybe I can get an advise from you.Cheers...

“BE AWARE!!!”

Written on: 08/04/2020 by Gonzo3636 (1 review written)

BE AWARE!!! Recently won the auction for a Lot, have all the details downloaded including pictures of vehicle. The auction ended yesterday (06/04/20), and that was the auction without "sellers reserve" or "minimum bid". Bought this vehicle for £2,550. Few minutes later, Copart sent me another information that i can buy this vehicle for £3700? Copart did try to make me pay more,Copart did not accept the result of the auction, they cancelled my won vehicle and relisted today (07/04/20) for another 8 days. AVOID!!!

“RRover bought as running delivered and heads gone no...”

Written on: 06/02/2020 by robertwilde (1 review written)

Range Rover bought as running and driving delivered and the heads are gone non starter never mind driver. and it does not run at all.. the car was winched on as pickup company told me they would not load it and it did not start. I will be taking them to court for misrepresentation as its it is in black and white on the listing it runs and drives .

“i have bought several cars over the years, but...”

Written on: 26/09/2019 by Alden495 (1 review written)

i have bought several cars over the years, but recently it getting worse too the point i think trading standards should get involved with some of the practice's that go on at COPART This MY Experience and MY Opinion 1. REMOVAL OF FUEL FOR SAFETY When ever you see the rear seat lifted in a picture the fuel may be removed and many times leaving a stench of behind and the seat base being contaminated or drenched in fuel, don't understand how its safe to do this, I am sure the manufacturers fuel kill and phyro-fuse cut off systems are now more equipped for safety then your procedure. Point to note if you look at COPART STAFF reviews on indeed a COMMON PRO'S OF WORK is FUEL?? hmm strange wonder if these two are connected. 2. AIR-CON FREON GAS over the last 2 summers a lot of cars purchased the AC' systems are not working every time the AC GAS is 0 bar pressure, strange find invoice in car showing new gas added last month, soon as we reg-ass its all working, maybe there will be a safety policy on this soon beware. 3. SATNAV SD CARD,BOOK-PACKS,MANUALS, LOCKING WHEEL KEY EVEN GENUINE FLOOR MATS some how missing i have spoken to various previous registered keepers and you guessed it !!! all say the same answer ''everything was in the car mate'' i really wonder where all the items go its very puzzling. 4. DELIVERY LOGISTICS is a nightmare i have had cars dumped at the end of industrial estate with key & receipt left under the seat at 7:30 in the morning with no notification 5. MAKING YOU WATCH Watching many pure sale cars for 5 days and on the last 2 days they miraculously become minimum bid, nice way of keeping you watching with interest 6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS, many unfair terms they state in my opinion they probably would not stand up to the UNFAIR TERMS ACT 1977 & Sale of Goods Act 1979 in a civil court, i would like to know how many county court cases co-part has lost? seriously not worth the hassle if they don't respond better to file a county court case against them online fees of £105 for up to a £3000 claim 7. INSURANCE lastly its the big insurance companies that keeps co-part in business if your not happy write to your insurance company ask them if they have any association with COPART if they do then tell them you wont be renewing the following year, if you have a light accident and are thinking of buying your vehicle back from your insurance company make sure you buy it back before they decided to have the car collected otherwise you may run into the above problems if the car ends up at a COPART facility.

Copartwisbech's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2020

Yes they do this to give the staff free fuel

Thebedscompany's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2020

I suppose the staff deserve it especially when they reply a year later to leave a comment

Read 3 Comments

“motorcycle”

Written on: 18/06/2019 by briso (2 reviews written)

i bid on a motoecycle got a email saying i had won then nothing i phoned to be told someone else had won when i asked about it i was given abuse when i asked to speak to someone in charge was told that wont do you any good and then hung up the phone what a way to run a company i should have read the reviews from top to bottom idiots

Copartwisbech's Response to briso's Review

Written on: 17/10/2020

Maryann Williamson Wisbech branch dose that.

“Worst company ever”

Written on: 04/06/2019 by inWheeler285 (1 review written)

Copart is the worst place ever I waited over a week to get my account activated and as soon as I payd the £50 reg fee they suspended my account I will also be making a clame to the small clames court WORST PLACE EVER Staff very rude + head office Total waist of time

Written on: 29/01/2021

copart are in breach of many laws re terms and cond which are flawed and illegal. they are soon subject too investigation and liable.

“Worst company”

Written on: 10/01/2019 by ChristopherReese170 (1 review written)

This is the worst company I ever seen in U.K. I bought two cars on 19th of Dec 2018 and today is 10th of Jan 2019. still I am waiting to be delivered my cars. whenever I called to ask the delivery date they extend one week again and again. I send email to manager & complaint department but they are same like company. I bought two another cars and was written no fault but cars arrived and I found one of the car gearbox is gone and another one is engine gone. Now only the option I have to put the case in court and see them there. just wanted to aware all copart buyers.

Elliott.elliott's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2019

Did you end up taking these to court and how did it go because I have a similar problem.

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible Site (wasn't allowed to use the word c r a p)”

Written on: 31/12/2018 by gyKirkland92 (1 review written)

If there was a - star i'd give them it. Does not reply to emails, more damage on cars than described. And now I have found that local auctions are very much cheaper and the cars run with minimal damage. Go to your local auction if you want a bargain.

“wrong descriptions”

Written on: 04/12/2018 by Mariela81 (1 review written)

knowingly using wrong descriptions to increase sale prices, not interested in complaints or putting the customer first...car was cat incorrectly...beware!!

Copartwisbech's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2020

Manager at Wisbech branch dose this allot