Performance from B & Q 255mm 1800w Slide Compound Mitre Saw Reviews

Performance from B & Q 255mm 1800w Slide Compound Mitre Saw
3.0

Media Gallery for Performance from B & Q 255mm 1800w Slide Compound Mitre Saw

“We have owned Performance products which are sold in B...”

written by on 09/07/2010

We have owned Performance products which are sold in B & Q before and always found them to be reliable.

My partner was using his Performance Compound saw when it completely shattered sending the high tensioned 5 inch spring at him at such speed that it completely took him off his feet and knocked him unconcious.

The way the machine came apart was alarming, there was no warning. The guard shattered with the force, and various parts flew off. I was only grateful that the actual spinning blade didn't come off as well. My partner was taken to hospital and is fine now. We may have just been unlucky, but I wished I checked on a few sites like this before hand to make sure it was a one off!

Chalky210's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because...I am the owner of a 255 compound and when changing the blade the guard assembly fell apart and the spring went flying. I was lucky and it missed me, it is nearly impossible to refit and there is not a great deal of helpful instructions on the net. My assessment is that there is a serious design fault and the product needs to be removed from the market.

Asked by gordonkuba on 16th October 2015 Report this content
Does anyone know the bore size of 255 blade?

Asked by stentiforda on 1st September 2015 Report this content
How do you replace the return spring when replacing the blade?

Asked by TaiChiItaly on 28th October 2014 Report this content
My brother who is in hospital, has asked me to sell the above mitre saw for him and I found a poor review of the product and wondered if this tool has been withdrawn back to the manufacturer? I checked with B & Q and their records of returns only went back to 2011, around the date of the 'poor review'. I don't want to sell on a dangerous tool, so any advice gratefully accepted! Thanks

Asked by pblackman on 4th July 2014 Report this content
Can I use this saw for metal cutting?