KM Cars Morecambe Reviews

• Customer service

KM Cars Morecambe - Ask a question now

“Incredible service”

Written on: 18/08/2018 by NatashaMiles (1 review written)

Bought a car from here. Was worried as only had a few hundred pounds to spend and don't live locally. I'm very happy with the car I got and they even delivered it… Read Full Review

“Quick and Painless”

Written on: 16/08/2018 by Silvaaw332 (1 review written)

KM Cars went above and beyond to accommodate my needs in purchasing my car. Excellent knowledge in vehicles and very customer friendly. I feel even more satisfied that they made sure I was in the right car for me, instead of just a car right now. I would highly recommend there expertise to anyone in the market for a new car. Got a great car at a great price with minimum fuss and peace of mind. Thanks again for the help from KM Cars staff… Read Full Review

“Recently bought my vectra from here it’s a really...”

Written on: 16/08/2018 by MathiasFranklin204 (1 review written)

Recently bought my vectra from here it’s a really great car. Also thank you to staff who helped me great customer service highly recommend!… Read Full Review

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 16/08/2018 by Kaz05 (1 review written)

Great car bargain price and excellent customer service would recommend to anyone looking for a quality second hand car with amazing after care thanks for everything and looking after us. Wouldn’t go anywhere else!!!!… Read Full Review

Bhornby's Response to Kaz05's Review

Written on: 17/08/2018

Well isn't this a coincidence, 3 positive reviews on the same day and all three with newly registered users on that day when if you look back, reviews are normally months and months apart. Looks to me KM cars trying to falsely inflate their ratings to counteract the true negative rating which details their illegal activity selling dangerous vehicles. This has been reported.

Kaz05's reply to Bhornby's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2018

Don’t know who you are but I’m just leaving my comments of my experience after having some some repairs done and staff asked if I was happy if I could leave a comments so I have

Bhornby's reply to Kaz05's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2018

well if this is true - fingers crossed you car doesn't explode! good luck...

Bhornby's reply to Bhornby's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2018

However, your review says you bought a used car and you say here your review is after some repairs?

Kaz05's reply to Bhornby's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2018

Yes bought a used car from them and then got some repairs and a service at which time they asked if I was happy if I could leave a review which I have. Don’t know what your circumstances are I only know that we had a good experience with km cars

Read 5 Comments

“This seller sold a car on Ebay simply as 'Used' - they...”

Written on: 14/08/2018 by bhornby (1 review written)

This seller sold a car on Ebay simply as 'Used' - they also advertised they check every car and if they are not happy with it, they wont sell it! Rubbish - I just bought a car off them, put it in for MOT and the garage rang me to say the car has so many dangerous defects, it simply must not be driven. It is a death trap. They advise any garage would have absolutely known how dangerous it was. They have 7 days to refund me or we will see what trading standards and the courts have to say -… Read Full Review

Kmcarsales's Response to bhornby's Review

HI
We are sorry you are not happy with this car, it was sold as a trade sale without warranty and no mot £695 sold as seen spares or repairs which you signed a receipt in knowledge of this fact ,that said if you want to swap it back in on something else we will gladly allow you what you paid on any other car we have in stock,our reputation is second to non but as with anything in life you cannot please everybody
"2003 53 Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi XE DIESEL MPV 4X4 PX,THE JEEP WAS DELIVERED ON RECOVERY WAGON FOR THIS REASON!!!
BARGAIN TRADE SALE
TRADE SALE
TRADE SALE (WITHOUT WARRANTY)
AS USUAL FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!!"
ken

Written on: 16/08/2018

The vehicle was significantly not as described. You advised in your advert that "all cars are checked and if we are not happy with it, you don't have to be, we simply won't sell it" your listing described no defects and did not say it was spares or repairs. Therefore, you breached the sales of goods act and purposely hid major and dangerous defects by disconnecting the air bags under the seats. This is a criminal offence! You are duty and care bound to disclose such critical defects. The case is now submitted for court proceedings and trading standards are examining the car with a view to prosecuting you. I asked for collection and full refund, gave you every opportunity to resolve but you ceased responding.

Kmcarsales's reply to Bhornby's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2018

The car was traded in requiring mot and with high miles, we decided to trade it ,we listed faults we knew off (abs light intermittently comming on ) but we did not put it in our workshop for inspection or carry out a mot or pre mot check because we were trading it off ,and the last message you sent me i didnt reply to because of its threatening tone i wont be threattend,the car was £695 not £1695 i cant understand why you would buy a trade car if you didnt expect to spend money on it !!!as i have said before if you are not happy i will allow you full price on any other non trade car which we will then warranty

Written on: 16/08/2018

The last message I sent you was... "show willing to address your mistake - collect and refund like any decent human would" That was not a threat, it was giving you a final opportunity to resolve. Then you received a message from my solicitor advising a notice of intent for court proceeding unless you responded which again, you ignored. Therefore, court proceedings started - you now decide to respond on here because it's in a public forum and you're scared of people knowing you sold a dangerous car to a family with young children. As the mechanic advised me, any garage would have been blatantly aware of these dangerous issues. You have a duty to advertise facts. You say above you never checked the car yet your advert clearly states you check every car....which is it? Thanks for the above though, that is evidence that your advert was in fact a lie and thus misleading.

Kmcarsales's reply to Bhornby's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2018

again we are truly sorry this has happened and are looking into the way we list "trade cars without warranty ) so that in future we can avoid misunderstandings like this ,this is a very rare situation for us ,having traded a car no warranty, and having this amount of problems ,in future we will simply list cars to sell to trade only and not the general public , on all trade no mot cars

Written on: 17/08/2018

When you say 'no warranty' can you clarify what this means in your 'terms and conditions of sale' that are on the listing? I quote - "all cars come with a 3 months warranty and our full lifetime service and mot guarantee.."

Read 6 Comments

“Buying my second hand car for my daughter”

Written on: 18/07/2018 by Ellis01 (1 review written)

From the first point of visiting the staff at KM Cars had a fantastic friendly service, told them I was looking for my daughters first car low on insurance up keep tax etc. Went through average running costs of several cars, was able to take 3 cars for a test drive. The great thing is I felt I was dealing with a genuine honest person and gave me all the details of each car. I purchased the car with warranty and my daughter is so happy with her little runabout that didn’t break the bank. Would… Read Full Review

“5 Star's for K&M Motors :-D”

Written on: 31/10/2017 by TimothyGT4 (1 review written)

I was looking for a Subaru Legacy 4x4 over the weekend and saw one advertised on Ebay from K&M Motors - Price was nice, spec was good so I gave them a call. Chatted to the person I dealt with and asked him if there were going to be any reasons I would NOT buy this car after a test drive - I was coming from Birmingham (3 hours drive away). He said no, the car drove perfect and was as described in the listing. Arrived at the place and was offered the keys to the car immediately and invited to… Read Full Review

“honest helpful service friendly fast repairs”

Written on: 15/07/2017 by AnsleyWilliamson (1 review written)

on my second car with this business Nothing is to much trouble and best of all i trust them Service is fantastic always helpful Fast service. Would recommed anyone to go. Both my skodas have been perfect for what i wanted and i know i can safely travel anywhere Will always buy my cars from [email protected] M… Read Full Review

“Honest and trustworthy service from the start”

Written on: 27/06/2017 by TURNERG995 (1 review written)

I bought a second hand car from K&M cars Morecambe, the car had a fault not noticed at purchase. K and M took the car in for repair however, it was not obvious where the fault was they replaced parts and thoroughly inspected the car until they found the fault. Over recent months I have bought several cars from different dealers and suffered the consequences of some unscrupulous people. K and M cars of Morecambe have been outstanding I could not have asked for more from them, they are a family… Read Full Review

“Great car and brilliant service”

Written on: 26/06/2017 by Francise1973 (1 review written)

Bought my car about a month ago and i couldnt be happier, great customer service. I would definitely buy from them again and would recomend… Read Full Review

“Fantastic customer service”

Written on: 09/05/2017 by TheOutlaw316 (1 review written)

Got myself a Mazda6 in px for my CRV. Offered me a very good px price and the car i have is fantastic. Anything needs doing with them are done almost right away and they come with 3 month warranty. Highly recommend and would definitely use again… Read Full Review

“Used car”

Written on: 05/01/2017 by AndrewSnell40 (1 review written)

Would highly recommend K n M cars, great value and great service, I purchased a 206cc from them and it is a cracking car. I had to come to collect it by train, and the owner even offered to come and collect me from the station, and that to me is great customer service. So if your looking for a used car at great prices and sound quality then look no further than K n M cars… Read Full Review

“Fantastic”

Written on: 11/12/2016 by Josh405 (1 review written)

Cant believe how helpful these guys are, £650 for a car you feel a bit worried how good it will be but the car is great and the guys here promised to MOT it in the price. They have done now true to their word. Hassle free and would recommend highly… Read Full Review

“Car was trouble from start to end”

Written on: 24/10/2016 by Jordan471 (1 review written)

Bought a first car for my teenage daughter. Feel I was sold an absolute dud. We had problems from the very beginning. Needed all sorts of work done, from new break pads to needing a completely new engine. We had a six month warranty with the car. Thank goodness. But the speed with which they dealt with our issues was snail like! In the first six months the car was in the garage far more than my daughter was driving it. We've had it less than a year and had to trade it in as the problems… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2016

Sorry to hear your disappointment in the service you received. Sadly it is the nature of used cars to eventually go wrong in some way, all we can do is stand by our reputation ( until this review was 100% !! ) which we are very proud of.

In this case we did make sure ALL work was free of charge - and would of traded it in for another had you lost faith in it,. Sadly part exchanging it elsewhere it would obviously result in a loss of money and there is nothing we could do about that.

We try and fix issues quickly but some parts and jobs are harder to located and fix than others. Hopefully your daughter is happy with her replacement vehicle and that it remains fault free. All the best - Ken.

Wishistayedclear's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2016

Thanks for your comments. The car didn't eventually go wrong, it was never right! Yes, the work was free by way of the warranty. But I feel that this meant it took lesser priority, with excuses about other jobs coming in, not having space on your ramps etc. Unfortunately, I completely lost faith, and wouldn't have been prepared to consider doing further business with the garage. It wasn't trading it in at another garage that was the loss of money. It was all the money I had to throw at the car after it has passed its warranty date.

I'm guessing we'll agree to disagree on this one. And I appreciate that you don't want a negative review. But I did want to let other people know about my experience.

Read 2 Comments

“best honest friendly, reassuring as a woman car owner...”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by miajackson (1 review written)

I have every good to say about these guys and their garage. It is everything it is said to be and more and i wouldnt suggest going anywhere else. All my questions were answered quickly and everything i wanted i got no problem. Very friendly and polite and reassuring to deal with... I have a fantastic car, i got a great deal on my part exchange and have no problem asking them of anything im unsure of or if i need to know anything about my golf. They are experts and really kind and honest… Read Full Review

Kmcarsales's Response to miajackson's Review

Thankyou so much !

“the best there is”

Written on: 14/07/2015 by Hartley6 (1 review written)

Goes above and beyond can't fault them… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2016

Cheers, nice to be appreciated !

“Great service”

Written on: 03/03/2015 by stuart6679 (1 review written)

Have been using KM for 2nd hand cars for years now and never had any issues. But have just taken both our cars in for M.O.T's, and again, great service. Friendly and very helpful staff, kept me informed the whole time of what was going on, and what was required, and got a great price for work that needed doing. Have already recommended them to a few people, and will continue to do so, ot just for buying cars, but also for the M.O.T service they provided. Overall, couldn't be happier with the… Read Full Review

Kmcarsales's Response to stuart6679's Review

Written on: 09/12/2016

Great customer, pleasure to help

“my car”

Written on: 23/02/2015 by KeylaRichards (1 review written)

all the staff at km cars Morecambe provide a very high service and keep me well informed with any work that has needed doing. cars sales team who are honest, friendly and provide a helpful service. which only goes to show that a small company can provide a really good service and have a backup off there own workshops. also carry a good stock off vehicle at realistic prices … Read Full Review

Thanks for your review !

Read 1 Comment

“Best used cars in the area!!”

Written on: 10/02/2015 by Claire17 (1 review written)

Brilliant deal - thrilled to bits with car - would highly recommend!!! Really friendly and honest staff - Thank you so much x… Read Full Review

“Great service”

Written on: 08/02/2015

The staff on arrival were very polite and helpful. The garage was very friendly and answered all questions that I had promptly KM were superb in all aspects right from the initial contact to the completion of works to my vehicle.I was surprised that work repair on my car was done so fast and free of charge - covered by insurance. I am very confident to get my other car done in KM garage next week- I know I will get the best service. I would highly recommend them. … Read Full Review