Nivea Protect & Bronze Reviews

Nivea Protect and Bronze - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nivea Protect and Bronze

“Non greasy sun cream”

written by Armado on 22/10/2021

Nivea protect & bronze gives immediate UVA/UVB protection to support the skin's natural tanning process and it does not give an oily look on the face and its not greasy like other sun cream and It contains a natural plant extract that activates the skin’s own melanin production for an even and natural tan so its a quality product and the price worth it

“Excellent Product”

written by SmithOwn on 05/10/2021

Nivea protects our skin from harmful rays. The cream has a soft and smooth texture. Also it can be used as a lotion, it helps reduce from tanning.

“Love this Product”

written by EllaGamiz on 23/06/2021

This product is great since it isn't too thick and dries quickly while yet providing the protection I require. It is simple to apply, does not stick to the skin, and provides protection. Although it is a little expensive than off-brand sunscreens, I would still suggest it.

“Nivea Sun cream”

written by Libni on 10/02/2021

This sun cream is 2 in 1. It protects us from harmful sun raise. Can apply it as a tanning lotion also. Highly recommended.

“Protective and Good Fragrance”

written by Boutine on 16/09/2020

I liked the scent, and it smells sweet. Simple to apply to the body, easy to absorb. It protects against UV since it doesn't tan after standing on the sun for the whole day.

“Orange hands but great product ”

written by charleyvic on 08/11/2014

Easy to use, and a great tan, but a few issues: - the White beach towels we used weren't white for very long, in fact after putting on and then lying down for 5mins quite a dark stain! - now I'm back in uk, I have noticed I have orange hands....used this for a 9 day holiday in St Lucia and do have the best tan ever but orange hands in my finger webs particularly. I also have just cleansed my face and on wiping away wih wet cotton ball have wiped off a lot of orange stuff......hmmmmmm

“Sensitive eyes”

written by Myka on 27/03/2014

If you are prone to anything NEAR your eye which could cause them to tear continuously, do NOT use this product! BE WARNED!

“Does the job”

written by on 24/04/2013

AS it says above,it does the job it suposed to,but allso use soltan which is cheaper and has better uv rating.Both as good as each other.

“I loved it throughout summer great colour and no burn...”

written by on 11/03/2013

I purchased it in italy wish i could get here in Australia I used it throughout this summer and did not burn after 2 hours each day in the sun I was a great colour.Its non sticky doesn't burn the eyes if you sweat a bit with exercise and smells great. Congratulations nivea.

“Yep, it works!”

written by on 12/08/2012

I always have my doubts about products like this, but, like most Nivea products, it works! Okay, if you have fair skin,like me, it won't give you a deep tan, but it will give you a better glow than you are used too and I used the f30! I didn't burn once. Happy.

“First thing I thought when I applied this product is...”

written by on 01/09/2010

First thing I thought when I applied this product is that it's rather thick and a bit sticky, but expected of a 50spf sunblock. However it was easy to apply, and didn't immediately wash off in the water.
To those people who use SPF 10 or 20 because they 'want to tan': Don't. I still tanned a LOT using this creme for a week. I think I actually tanned more than last year when I was using SPF15 tanning oil. I don't know whether its because of this added 'melanin booster', but I didn't burn once, I didn't get orange hands, and I ended up with a lovely tan.

Overall feels like a top quality product, you can keep your skin safe AND get a good tan with this one.

Jo Weston's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because I tried Nivea Protect and Bronze for the first time this summer, and have the best tan I ever had. Normally I go sort of reddish even though I am dark, but this time a real bronze tan. Couldn't quite believe it wasn't coincidence, or becasue I tried harder or it was sunnier ... so wanted to see from other people that it really works! It does!

Read 1 Comment

“Nivea protect and bronze claims sun protection factor...”

written by on 25/08/2010

Nivea protect and bronze claims sun protection factor that boosts melanin formation in skin...with no self tan. well I have to say Im very impressed.
I have fair skin,auburn hair and freckles and almost never tan. Although after using this product for 1 week in portugal I have came home with a lovely light golden tan, with tan lines!
The texture of the product is light, non-greasy and stays on well even after swimming, although i usually apply extra after coming out of the water anyway. Only draw back of this product would be the size of the bottle. Its quite small and I just ran out after 6 days of using the product, however i did smother myself in it at least 4 times a day. it worked tho! very happy, no sun burn just a lovely golden glow! :) would recommend to everyone

“This product says no fake tan, yet my boyfriend and I...”

written by on 12/08/2010

This product says no fake tan, yet my boyfriend and I had orange hands, which was embarrasing.
There are no different usage directions on the bottle to regular suncream.
It was moisturising and did a good job at protecting from sun, but orange hands are not a good look.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2011

Self tanning lotion uses a specific ingredient to alter the colour of the skin, much like a hair colourant. However, this product does not use a colouring ingredient, instead it mimics the sun's UV effect of stimulating the melatonin and creating a tan. There should be no orange hands unless you were using another product also...

Written on: 23/09/2014

Yes we both got staining in finger webs; noticed later than evening. Excellent product for us though.

Gunung's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2012

I also must respond to that claim about orange stained hands from using this product, because I was looking for reviews before buying this product and saw this warning review early on. It nearly put me off buying the product, and when I did give it a go I was understandably cautious and kept checking my hands several hours after applications to see if the claim had any validity.

Well, now I suggest that you treat that person's review with plenty of healthy skepticism because I've applied this cream over 10 times now while on holiday, in large amounts, without washing my hands while in the sun and there are no staining of the hands whatsoever, of any colour. Given that this - "We both got orange hands" warning is the only report of its kind in relation to using this product that I've read (all others are positive), I suggest that review could even even be a rival company posing here as a 'concerned couple'.

As the product states, this does not contain a self tanner, so it is not going to 'create' a tan in areas which don't actually tan (palms of hands, etc) and my experience thus far, shows that. As for the 'booster' claim, it's hard to be 100% certain at the moment because I already had a tan before buying this product, from several months travelling in Asia (where I have bought this product). I bought the cream for the SPF20 really as I'm back on tropical beaches now, but the booster claim was a bonus I thought I'd give a try.

As I say, hard to be 100% sure because I already had a fairly strong tan until hitting the beach again, but noticing the tone in comparison to other people around, yes it does have a nice even golden bronze after several uses and recent sun time, which likely may be the 'assisting' agent doing its thing.

My only suggestion to the company Nivea is to change that bronze cap on the bottle design because my first thought upon seeing it in the shop was that it was another one of those sun creams with a gradual self tanning agent in, as another company has a range of their sun creams with a bronze top on to denote it has a gradual self tanning agent within the product. Based on that, I nearly dismissed the product t first, assuming it would be of the same kind.

Charleyvic's Comment

Written on: 08/11/2014

I too have orange hands....used this for a 9 day holiday in St Lucia and do have the best tan ever but orange hands in my finger webs particularly. I also have just cleansed my face and on wiping away wih wet cotton ball have wiped off a lot of orange stuff......hmmmmmm

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2011

I don't believe you...

Read 7 Comments

“I used this cream for the first time on my holiday. I...”

written by on 04/07/2010

I used this cream for the first time on my holiday. I am so impressed and would like to recommend it to others. I used factor 30 and went onto factor 20 at the end of the week, the results are amazing. I have never tanned before with suncream as I am quite pale, but this year I am glowing, thanks to Nivea Protect and Bronze :)

Fantastic product!!!!!!

Asked by gabita on 10th July 2016 Report this content
Would this be a safe product to use if you have any moles?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site