B&M Bargains Reviews - bmstores.co.uk

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

B&M Bargains Reviews - bmstores.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for B&M Bargains Reviews - bmstores.co.uk

“Oh my God.... Do not buy it.... ”

written by qoDalton378 on 28/02/2024

Bought 5 tins of this in various colours... The dusky pink colour was passable... However the olive green after 6 coats was still patchy.... I'll have to go get different paint..... I'm about to use the sage green but perhaps I'll just bin It.... Wish I had the receipt to return it... Diabolical!!!! Please do not waste ur time or money... It's like thin soup.... Drips everywhere.... N the coverage I'm not joking you... Is truly shocking!!!!!

“Rubbish. Time wasted.”

written by Maynard1945 on 25/02/2024

Bought for £10. Went on lovely. No smell. Dried badly patchy work so bad a big Hallway. Will have to buy new paint from a different manufacturer. Don't waste your money. Wasted two days of my life.

“Review of B&M Bargains Reviews”

written by Presley298 on 18/02/2024

Worst paint I've ever used, just does not set right, streaky and blotchy, had to go to B and Q to get thier brand much better, never again B and M for anything. Looking at the reviews for this brand of paint why on earth are B and M still selling it !

“Avoid this paint”

written by BrianDee67 on 06/02/2024

I think I would have been better off using my grand daughters water paints than Turner & Gray. It dries out chalky and the coverage is appalling. It has no stain blocking ability whatsoever. A customer has left it for me to do a job while they are on holiday. I've only started to cut in one wall and I'm not using any more of it. I'll be going and buying a reputable brand of paint. Avoid at all cost, your only wasting time and money using this sub standard product.

“DON’T BUY THIS EMULSION - APPALLING!!!!!”

written by Westtm288 on 21/01/2024

I wish I had read other reviews before I bought this emulsion but I only wanted it to use as a base coat to cover a darker colour. I only paid £6 for the emulsion and thought I was getting a bargain but obviously not!!! I had already covered the dark colour with some white emulsion I had left over from B&Q but not enough for two coats. The paint has gone straight into the bin and I’ll be back to B&Q for more of theirs. I am not blaming the store in any way because I’ve bought many other products from this store and have been 100% happy with them. DO NOT BUY THIS EMULSION!!!!!!

Lin.tandy's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2024

Wish I had read reviews first too. Bought the olive green Matt emulsion. 5 coats later covering magnolia it’s patchy and streaky. Waste of time and money. Off to B & Q to buy some decent quality paint.

“Total rubbish !”

written by Galway42 on 18/01/2024

Bought matt emulsion and no matter how much I stirred, the ‘paint’ stayed the consistency of fully skimmed milk! No use whatsoever. Dip the paint brush in and ‘the paint’ drips off. The only thing this ‘paint’ would cover is the floor. Emailed their contact page and they neither acknowledged nor had courtesy to reply! Worst paint. Waste of time, effort and money

“Can't give zero stars”

written by Ianf78 on 08/01/2024

Absolutely terrible paint. Using coloured water would be more effective. Doesn't bond to wall and gives a really terrible finish. Gave up after one tray and bought proper paint. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

“Awful emulsion ”

written by SalOa on 06/01/2024

I genuinely thought there was something wrong with my walls like damp… the paint colour was perfect but the result shocking. Streaks and patches after several coats! What a complete waste of money and back breaking time! Utterly disappointed and upset that I wasted money I don’t have disposable!

“Worst paint EVER”

written by callahans on 06/01/2024

Calling it paint for a start is generous, I don’t even know what you would use this stuff for. I bought it to go over a light colour as I couldn’t find this shade of dark grey in tbe dulux paint I usually buy. It took a tin to do 3 walls then dried patchy like there was water damage, used the 2nd tin that had black oil layered on top so I mixed thoroughly and it was still coming back, I gave up and threw it away and went and got a lighter shade in the dulux and it’s night and day! No comparison! they should really stop stocking it and to have this stuff associated with them says it all I would AVOID! I’ve warned a few people to avoid it like the plague. Pay the extra for the decent stuff because this will only cost you more in the long run due to having to replace the damage it causes.

“NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE - AVOID !!!!”

written by janenelliott on 04/01/2024

Bought the white quick dry gloss , absolute waste of money !!! DO NOT BUY It was like putting water on , ended up returning to store to buy Dulux Once which was more expensive but literally covered in one coat saving so much time. No way would even 2 coats have covered adequately. Waste of money and time.

“Rubbish gloss paint”

written by Josiaha191 on 18/12/2023

Bought a tin of turner and gray white gloss paint which turned out to be the worst I have ever used. After shaking and opening the tin,the paint did appear to be of a good thickness, however when applying the paint coverage was extremely poor, it left the paintwork patchy and brush strokes seen. Certainly not glossy and needs more coats. When applying the paint it's more like a cheap emulsion. Won't be buying again. Total waste of time and money.

“Appallingly bad.”

written by 478Palmer on 12/12/2023

Turner & Gray olive emulsion. This paint is appalling. DO NOT BUY. I stopped at 2 coats as nothing was improving. Dry chalky paint that dried patchy with brushstrokes everywhere. Bought this for a spare room thinking it would do a turn. It’s so bad I couldn’t even think of leaving it like that. The shop should really be reading these reviews and terminating the supplier of this paint. I’d say it even goes against trading standards as it does not fulfil the description and stated use. If I could have given no stars I would have. I would have liked to know just how bad this paint was before purchasing.

“DIRE”

written by tiredpainter on 04/12/2023

It's like painting with gouache. The 'Pearl' matt emulsion is literally the same colour as the Dulux Pure Brilliant White on the ceiling above it, with the look of CHALK PAINT. It's going to need at least 4, probably 5(+??) coats to cover the much-lighter-than-magnolia paint underneath.

“Turner & Grey paint”

written by Andymc83 on 25/11/2023

Wished I’d seen the previous reviews. Both the undercoat, and satin finish are the worst paints I have ever had. Also the sandpaper is rubbish. I could have got better results with kitchen towel! Never again. Will be taking the paints back for a full refund not fit for purpose. Going to have to start again

“Turner and grey emulsion worst paint ever”

written by Evelynw499 on 15/11/2023

Worst paint ever , done several coats looks terrible would not recommend

“Worst paint”

written by ChrisLeasmith on 14/11/2023

Do not buy any Turner & Gray paint, truly the worst brand I've ever used. I wanted to turn my bathroom from white to magnolia, first coat was like I hadn't even painted, second it looked like someone had been smoking in there for a year, third? So many patches and not only seeing the white still but slightly darker magnolia and even 5th and 6th it was the same. Eventually I gave up and brought Dulux, two coats and done with a great finish. This company should be shut down & why are B and M selling still with all these horrendous reviews?

“Absolutely awful paint”

written by DonnyMac2309 on 14/11/2023

Wish I'd read the reviews before purchase. There's a good reason why this paint is so cheap....it's absolutely terrible. Chalky rubbish quality and even after 3 coats it looked like awful. Forget about cleaning it comes straight off with luke warm water and definitely forget about painting over. Nothing takes to it. Hours wasted on a product I would've given ZERO stars if that option was possible. Do NOT buy!!!

“Do not waste your money!”

written by KayemBee on 13/11/2023

I seriously thought I had purchased a faulty tin at first. It's important to mix well, which is what I did and I tried it on a small set of untreated MDF drawers which hold pastels, just to see how opaque the undercoat was before using it on doors and frames. The paint is always going to be much weaker on the first application but it's so weak that I thought they had filled the tin with a transparent gesso or glue. It is of terrible quality. Now I understand why it is so cheap. Put the money you would have spent on this paint towards a better-quality product. More expensive, but at least you will only need a couple of coats - if you used this you'd probably need over ten! I also purchased the gloss too but have yet to try it. Not holding out any hope. I don't even want to give this product 1-star, but have to offer something to provide the review. Tip: Always read reviews of a product before you buy, especially those that are cheap.

“Uneven coverage”

written by 204Breen on 12/11/2023

This is the worst paint i have ever used. The matt emulsion was so bad it will need to be completely redone with a better quality of paint. My husband is excellent at painting but this is just so dry and uneven . Wont ever buy it again.

“Absolute rubbish - complete waste of money - and time”

written by Thorper on 02/11/2023

Turner and Grey white undercoat. Worst paint we’ve ever bought - should have realised looking at the price. Simply does not cover any slightly darker marks on surfaces. Will need at least two more coats. Stick with the more recognised more expensive brands. DO NOT buy this rubbish

Asked by Jemster on 25th October 2015 Report this content
I'm about to furnish then rent out three rooms and this price range is amazing but will everything hold up? I don't want people falling through beds in the middle of the night!

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Answers (1)
Report this content geordiemod Written on: 26/10/2015
Hi i bought a bed awhile ago it was OK but because it was cheap I got what I paid for, if it's assembled well when you get home it should be OK,my tip would be buy a good mattress, other stuff I've bought has been not to bad but you get what you pay for really, hope this helps