Greek Sails Poros, Greece Reviews

Greek Sails Poros, Greece - Ask a question now

“Greek Sails Sucks”

Written on: 31/07/2018 by Kinsleys331 (1 review written)

Greek Sails Sucks We did a flotilla the crew were great but Greek Sails did a poor job of boat prep. Our dingy engine leaked fuel and would not start. It was NOT checked out before we left. The dock engineer drove 2 hours to fix it but couldn't and took it back to the base. We never had a motor for 2 weeks we had to row. Another boat also had a leaky motor. When I returned I asked for a refund on the dingy motor. The owner told me they checked it all out and I had used it. He obviously didn't… Read Full Review

“We have had six flotilla holidays and this was the worst.”

Written on: 09/01/2013

Our lead crew, a married couple, met us in Poros. They were very thorough in guiding us around the boat and showing us how things worked. The first days of our two week were ok but it quickly became clear that they were new to the job and not very good. They were offering very incoherent briefings and took us out into wild sailing conditions. They had had three weather forecast and elected to tell us the one which was the calmest! Their inexperience and lack of confidence became apparent when… Read Full Review

“We have had three wonderful holidays with Greek Sails...”

Written on: 11/06/2010

We have had three wonderful holidays with Greek Sails and will shortly be back for a fourth time.

First time it was a last minute arrangement because another trip my wife had organised for me as a birthday present was cancelled at the last minute. So this was pot luck, but what luck I had!

My first trip was to complete an RYA Competent Crew course at their sailing school. There may be no tide in the Med, but I can tell you, as a way to start sailing, it beats learning in the UK. 5 day course… Read Full Review

Lgreg's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2013

Great to hear you enjoyed Greek Sails and Poros Yachting Academy tuition so much! Still going strong despite all the bad news from Greece!

Read 1 Comment