Citybond Travel Insurance Reviews - www.citybond.co.uk

Citybond Travel Insurance www.citybond.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Not fit for purpose - Avoid like the plague”

Written on: 13/07/2020 by AliBowers300 (1 review written)

Getting mown down by a car, driving on wrong side of the road, whilst on a week-long organised cycling trip in Sardinia, which then ran over my bike – seemed almost pleasant compared to dealing with CityBondTravelSure (CBTS) and their claim handlers. So day two of a week long holiday I’m hospitalised, and my two week old £3.5k bike is destroyed. The Fiat 500 that drove into me has big dents in the bonnet and the windscreen smashed in. I say to CBTS: Can you repatriate me? No Can I claim… Read Full Review

“Excellent service”

Written on: 15/02/2020 by Sherv (1 review written)

We took out premium insurance to cover us for a long trip to Australia to include extra medical cover for one of us with Asthma. Just over five weeks before we were due to go the healthier one of us had a Stroke. The claims process was fairly easy and the company paid out the full amount of our claim. We’ve never had to claim on holiday insurance before and you really can’t judge the quality of a product until you actually need to use it. I would highly recommend this company who where… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE CITYBOND INSURANCE”

Written on: 25/10/2017 by AnnabelCross (1 review written)

Citybond insurance company is the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to use. They are unprofessional, unreliable, antagonistic, unavailable at weekends to answer travel insurance policy queries, I WAS NEVER MADE AWARE OF THIS VERBALLY OR IN WRITING only when I needed them did they inform me of this. Unable to answer emails claiming they had not received them even though I had no problems with sending or receiving emails to many other email addresses and all my emails to them where… Read Full Review

“claims”

Written on: 13/11/2015 by scarringtonscorer (1 review written)

Dealing with cigna the claims people as been a load of hassle.We had a cabin confinement still try to prove how long.Pand O cruises have been brilliant and helpfull.For a small claim it been more stressfull than the virus… Read Full Review

Citybondhelp's Response to scarringtonscorer's Review

Written on: 26/11/2015

If you would like us to look into this, please contact our customer care department with your policy number and claims reference and we will happy contact the insurers claims department to see if we can help resolve your particular case. The Citybond Team

Read 1 Comment

“Appalling Service”

Written on: 27/10/2011

I attempted to get annual worldwide travel Insurance and wanted to declare a pre existing medical condition. I was connected to an overseas call centre (at least it certainly sounded like that)with a heavily accented gentleman reading from a script, I had to constantly ask him to repeat what he was saying, and considering they were going to charge me an additional £426 on top of my premium, I would have expected better. I called them instead of getting an online quote because I wanted to… Read Full Review

“The Citybond travel insurance had all the cover that I...”

Written on: 17/06/2010

The Citybond travel insurance had all the cover that I wanted and the prices seemed reasonable. I know there is cheaper out there but felt that they had been around for some time and were recommended by our local insurance broker. The insurance company is AXA and they are well-known so I was not worried that they would not be able to pay my claims like some companies on the internet.

I guess that no company will pay for everything and all have small print but I read the policy summary at least… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE CITYBOND. In the policy it says that you...”

Written on: 09/06/2010

DO NOT USE CITYBOND. In the policy it says that you are covered against flight cancellations but it turned out that i wasn't… Read Full Review

Citybond Help's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2010

Dear reviewer,
<br/>
<br/>Our policies offer cancellation cover for a number of reasons which are listed within the policy wording. Your post does not give us much information on reason for your claim, therefore, it is not clear why the insurers declined cover.
<br/>
<br/>We take any complaint very seriously and would very much like to hear from you if you feel that we have not met your expectations. Our contact details can be found in the complaints procedure at the back of your policy wording.
<br/>Regards,