Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk

Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk
1.6

Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk

“Redditch Branch - Excellent!”

written by JamesCroo on 04/02/2024

I used the Redditch Branch for a full service and MOT on my BMW 5 Series. I dropped the car off and went home but - due to a medical issue - I was unable to collect the car as arranged that afternoon. the Centre Manager, contacted me with an update and when I explained the situation he was so kind and helpful. He arranged for the car to be dropped off. Although I live quite locally he went out of his way to help and I am so grateful. Thanks to the lads who dropped it round. It is this sort of service that makes me happy to bring my car here. The car has been fully serviced and MOT completed at the price quoted. This is considerably cheaper than if I returned to a BMW Garage which would charge 4 times more. I have used the Redditch Formula One Centre previously for tyres and service and I will certainly use again. The guys are so helpful and efficient. The price is brilliant. I could not ask for more. Huge thanks for brilliant service.

“ Not very helpfull”

written by Alfielayzell83 on 26/01/2024

Had two tyres replaced 22 jan,manager told me I need spacers as my wheels were after market,had my brake pads,discs,replaced 25th,Audi technician told me that spaces were fitted but one was missing manager at f1 said he did the tyres and they wasn’t spaces,one was misplaced somewhere,he is lying,no trying to sort it out for me,just trying to get me to order new ones,I hate leaving bad reviews but he needs to be replaced.

“Displeasure to do business with. When they replaced my...”

written by JoeSzomolanyi on 17/01/2024

Displeasure to do business with. When they replaced my battery they broke my bonnet catch. After telling me to buy the part as they couldn't order it, their manager proceeded to go back on the agreement and want to charge me to replace the catch. When I complained and refused to leave until it was resolved they called the police. What sort of customer care is that. Don't Go near this business.

“New clutch Honda crv”

written by Carfix on 12/01/2024

Good service fixed my clutch staff helpful though out and technician was very helpful and skilled at his work Would recommend to anyone.

“Reception staff doncaster ”

written by Aidanc20 on 20/11/2023

The young girls on reception and a man were having a discussion about someone and the language was disgusting. A lot of swearing including C. U. N. T. and all infront of a customer with a child. There used to be good customer service but not any more. This was very recently in the doncaster branch.

“Excellent service ”

written by on 18/11/2023

Excellent service as usual. Used them for years. The man who dealt with us was very friendly and knowledgeable!!

“Couldn’t open bonnet”

written by Ismailacar on 06/11/2023

I went in to get MOT for my car today. The guy couldn’t open the bonnet of my car. He asked me to help, I opened it in front of him which worked fine. However he said that he couldn’t do the MOT because he said he needs to open it himself, Refused to do the MOT. Rubbish service. Even 1 star review is too much. Wasted my time. Swinton branch in Manchester.

“thank you for my MOT”

written by on 18/09/2023

I took my car in on Friday 15th September 2023 for MOT. I had to make a couple of phone calls before, booking etc. On both occasions he was extremely patient and understanding. On meeting I told him at the time I thought he had a really great manner over the phone & in person. Both myself & my son have used Formula1 for a few years & I have in the past recommended and on meeting him, I will continue to use & recommend. Thank you

“Formula One Autocentres Newark”

written by latchemall on 14/09/2023

Formula One Autocentres Newark Formula One Autocentres Newark Hi who it may concern I took my vehicle on this date & time 16/8/2023 15.06pm to have the wheel alignment done. got into the reception ask the man behind the counter how much would it cost to alignment of my wheels he told it would be £ 40 axle two axle £80 I said how come it two axle when you can only do one axle O it a Clio he said yes it one axle which I never like his remark. Then someone took my car into the work shop to do the wheel alignment I was watching him from outside the garage he had my bonnet up on my car witch I thought was a bit strange do the wheel alignment he spent at least ten minute under by bonnet. When the car was finished I paid the bill in cash £30 I drove my car home thought town witch was slow moving traffic the next day I went to work driving a bit faster and my car was very sluggish it came up on my dash board saying injector problem I tested my injector all fine.took my car for a diagnostic yesterday 22/8/2023 witch cost me £30 and the problem was a turbo vacuum pump. When diagnostic man look at the turbo vacuum pump it was laid on top of my engine I looked at the two pipes that went to the turbo vacuum pump to see if there was any ware on the pipes there no ware after 7 years rocking on top of my engine. Also I would like to see your CCTV footage of the man working on my car Thank you REPLY THAT I GOT To: Cc:careline,088 - NEWARK Thu, Aug 24 at 1:41 PM Dear Mr. C H Thank you for your email regarding your visit to Formula One Autocentres Newark. I have tried to contact you today but with no success, your voice mail box is saying that not receiving messages. I have investigated the issues you have raised with centre management team and the technician , due time delay our cctv only works on 7 days' time scale unfortunately going back to 16th August when vehicle geometry was corrected, and it's now 24th August the information you require is not available, when speaking with technician and management team they have no knowledge of any work undertaken in vehicles engine bay. Please understand everything on vehicle is working part can fail at any time, as we are open 7 days a week, we would have been more welcome check vehicle on diagnostic equipment and check possible components given opportunity at no cost to yourself. You wish to discuss this matter further please don't hesitate to contact our customer service department with date and time convenient for all parties. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope that you will continue use our services. Thanks & Regards Regional Manager Formula One Autocentres Ltd second email i sent with no reply Mr   I knew when I got in touch with this company It would be a waste of time and keeping your cctv footage for 7 day it a joke.i go to tool station next door to your Formula One Autocentres most days and when I see any people going into your Autocentres I will tell them the problem that has happened to me. I will get satisfaction from it I have told a few people already that I know not use your company it a sham and I will be leaving a review on the web site a bad review this has cost me £98 in total to put my car back into working order also I went back to Formula One Autocentres yesterday 25/8/2023 had my wheels alignment again by another lad told him to keep my bonnet down guess what wheels alignment was out so I think it was never done in the first place.i saw the lad that did my car I could see in his face that he had stole my part this needs investigating another man that work for the company I be leave he was a distraction to me coming out side and talking to me and having a smoke the same man that tried to charge me £40 a axel two axel £80.

“Flat tyre changed”

written by Lindsaygail on 30/08/2023

Very kind staff member changed my flat tyre without an appointment. He was so helpful and friendly, I don’t know what I would have done if he hadn’t been there, and he didn’t charge the earth.

“Excellent service at Spalding branch ”

written by MRedden on 21/08/2023

Had my car serviced and m o t. Plus new tyre. Was given a quote first. During service and m o t was contacted and told what was wrong . How much to fix in detail and new bill. Instead of getting there and saying had failed it was Al done in one day. Part that was replaced was shown to me on pick up. Very polite kind and helpful. Could not do enough to make sure I was happy and knew what was going on at Al times. Excellent service. Thank u very much.

“Absolutely appalling customer service”

written by Prattdo439 on 18/08/2023

Absolutely appalling customer service from the F1 Autocenters Crawley branch. I contacted them regarding an issue with Cooper tyres and was completely ignored. Spoke to someone who promised to help but never followed up. Another man did the same thing. Both lied and shifted blame. Felt like they couldn't be bothered to assist me. Tried contacting the manager directly as advised by customer service but got intercepted. No one took accountability. Just a total waste of my time. I wrote to F1's customer service to make them aware of how poorly I was treated but they didn't even have the decency to respond. Clearly customer satisfaction is not a priority for them. Stay away from this branch if you want anything done properly and don't expect any customer service. I'll be taking my business elsewhere and advising others to do the same. Cooper Tyres should also be made aware of how poorly their customers are being treated here.

“Avoid at all cost.”

written by Tlong2 on 08/07/2023

Went in with a steering issue. Wad in their a month. Never received 1 phone call. When they told me it was ready I drove off and the dash wasn't working. Turned round and went back. Got told it was like that when I brought it in initially. Because I'm obviously driving with no speedo no idea how much fuel is ij the car. They told me to come back tomorrow. So had to get a taxi home. Cake back next day as all ready apparently. Speedo working. But fuel gauge still at zero and now car menus are in German. These guys haven't got a clue. I wouldn't trust them with a pencil. Avoid at all costs. Shambles

“WOULD NOT RECOMMEND F1 AUTOCENTRES”

written by Paulhall57 on 25/06/2023

A few years ago I used F1 Autocentres Lichfield for two new front tyres. As it’s best to have the new tyres on the rear of the car, I asked if after they had replaced my tyres would they please switch them around so the new ones were on the rear and the older ones moved to the front. I’ve been driving for over 40 years and over those years had many tyres replaced, nowhere have I ever had a refusal to do this. Well for F1 Autocentres Lichfield it’s too much of a problem. They refused and stated it’s not part of their service. I posted a review on Trustpilot at the time stating my dissatisfaction and that I wouldn’t or use them again. Due to this review I was contacted by the then area manager who apologised and said they should have done as I had requested and promised it wouldn’t be an issue in the future, so I agreed to remove the Trustpilot review and give them a second chance. Since then I have used F1 Autocentres Coalville and they have been superb, nothing is too much trouble for them. Fast forward to today, due to circumstances I had no choice but to try Lichfield branch again, I wish I hadn’t. I arrived in good time for my appointment and eventually the branch manager came to the reception, I again asked for them to rotate my tyres and was met by another point blank refusal. Again saying it’s not part of their service, he would need to put it on a ramp which were in use and in his opinion it wouldn’t be right to jack one side of the car at a time even if it was only for just a couple of minutes. I explained that I would be giving a negative review and he just shrugged his shoulders and took my key. When he came to give me my invoice he said that he had put a note saying that he was too busy to swap my tyres around and he would do it another time if I returned in the future, it would have taken him an extra 5 minutes to do. I now need to take my car home and switch them around myself. Spent £350.00 on 2 tyres and have to do part of the job myself. I’m not saying that all F1 Autocentres are the same as they are not, but the level of customer service at Lichfield is awful and the branch manager’s attitude isn’t any better. Update. I have now spoken to the area manager, much was said and he unsuccessfully tried to justify the actions and twist the truth to suit themselves. My opinion of F1 Autocentres is unchanged and I would urge people to think twice before using this garage.

“Fi refused to do simple puncture on our Electric car...”

written by Clancyhx11 on 24/06/2023

Used F1 for years always good service but today had a puncture in my wife BMW i3 booked it in on arrival at the Hanley depot Stoke on Trent, the chap on reception asked is that a Hybrid” I said “no” its all electric sorry he says “we dont do tyres on anything electric head office say the tyres are different side walls and thickness are different ” So left (never to return) and went to a local tyre dealer no questions asked simple repair cost £12 Date of experience: 24 June 2023

“Diabolical customer service ”

written by McCaffrey275 on 26/05/2023

My experience at your Hedge End, Southampton depot was so bad it's almost impossible to know where to begin. My sister in law is a single parent with very little money. For two tyres it takes 6 months to save up. We got the best price on black circle and you were the closest garage. We got to F1 Hedge end and booked in. I said twice it was for the front tyres. The receptionist said come back on a hour. We went to the shops and came back 1 hour later. The car was outside so I checked the tyres and the new ones were on the back!!! Unbelievable, so we told receptionist who apologised and then said they were the worst tyres so we replaced them. This was not true because I have my own depth gage with colour code. that says if the tyres tread is safe. The front we 2 to 3 mm on yellow and the back were 5 to 6 mm on green. So the garage had changed tyres that were perfectly legal. This is incompetence at the highest level. How could they check all four tyres and changed the two with the highest tread. So I went into reception and told receptionist. He then acted as if he didn't believe me and went and got the tyres that had come off the back. I said look at the meat still left on it. Meaning the tread. He then started bending them saying that one tyre was had perished and had cracked. This was true but it was for us the customer to decide, not just change good treaded tyres and then leave tyres on the front that were really warn. Honestly I was livid and still am by this stupidly. Then I said OK, have you got some more Yokahamas to put on the front. No he said we only have the budget ones. I said how come. He said that's all we have at this time. This is Unbelievable, how do a national tyre company only carry the low end budget range. So. after some thinking and reflection we decided to put the Yokahamas on the front because it's front wheel drive and budgets on the back. So we waited, another hour. Then checked the tyres and the Yokahamas were on the back and budgets on the front. I told the mechanic they were on the wrong way. He sighed heavily got back in the car and then crunched the gears. Found reverse then reved the car by blipping the accelerater like a boy racer. Went into the garage dangerously fast. Honestly,our car needs to be treated with respect. I am beyond fuming, I am epiplatic fuming. Originally it was 20 to 30 minutes. We were there 2 and half hours for 2 tyres which turned into 4. We were in the waiting room and other customers kept asking if we were OK. We told them what had happened and everyone had a story of something going wrong. How is this possible, you have 5 bays, a job sheet and 5 technicians. How does every other garage get this right and not yours. We also had no progress report, all we got was a few mumbled sorrys and then the receptionist saying I'm having the day from hell. How is that helpful. He did nothing to run the garage. He was obviously in charge giving out jobs but the technicians came in. Through the clipboard with the key on the desk and they just piled up. No organisation or competence. And the phone. It just rang and rang and rang. No one answered it, the ring was coning from 2 handsets and bases. You couldn't hear yourself think. Then spares came in from the vans, no one checking them. They were piled up on the front desk with the job clipboards and costumer car keys. So now my sister in law has Yokahamas on the front and budget on the back. Forced to buy them because of incompetence and lack of stock. She cannot afford more tyres. She is a struggling single parent. Then the receptionist said to save you money we can put the old tyres at 4mm on and a new tyre on the same axle. Honestly I nearly a had a coronary. Everyone know you don't run old and new tyres on the same axle and definitely not different makes and tread. What seriously bad advice and very dangerous. This coming from a professional tyre fitter. This is the worst experience ever for any company providing a service. The receptionist first said we could have the tracking free, then 2 budget tyres for £140, then the more mistakes the lower it went. 2 budget tyres for £100. That's what budget tyres cost anyway. So he tried to say he was doing us a favour when it was his incompetence that we arrived at this situation. I am not happy my sister in law is riding round with 2 brilliant tyres on the front and budget on the back. We want 4 good tyres. Please rectify this cluster pluck. Honestly we are so frigging mad. Also my wife is not well and she had to look after her daughter. My niece, who has autism on her own while we were dealing with this caper.

“AVOID!! SHOCKING! TELFORD ”

written by ceMason374 on 21/04/2023

Very Poor customer service, overpriced,staff unhelpful and rude,incompetent workmanship,damaged my vehicle! Dangerous tyre fitting!

“Appalling ”

written by Clay474 on 18/04/2023

Went here with my brand new alloy wheels to have them fitted to my vehicle only to find they damaged them whilst fitting. There was no apology NOTHING when confronting the manager all I then got was verbal abuse ,they took my money and the not interested I would never recommend RANK AMATEURS OVER PRICED ,will damage your vehicle

“Formula autocentre colchester avoid”

written by SadTimes123 on 08/03/2023

The manager on the desk is extremely rude, he speaks to customers and staff like dirt. The manager was very rude to me today after picking my car up from a service, he said there was an issue with car and thats why they didn't fix handbrake so i asked if I could be shown and he was very rude and replied no, he said speak to the mechanics on the way out then when I tried to speak to them he pulled a black car in behind me very fast which was close to my legs and he held the horn down waving staff to come over, I waiting patiently until they turned away then I tried again and he held the horn down again shouting out of window stop speaking to my staff they have work to do. He got out of car angrily and i said but you said to talk to them, he was so rude trying to intimidate and making me feel small, he also insulted me and my family for no reason at all I'm so confused because I wasn't rude to him. Seemed like he made up a excuse to not fix because he couldn't be bothered because he didn't want to help and didn't want staff to help either so I drove away not knowing what the problem was. I took my car to another garage and they couldn't find a fault to why they wouldn't be able to fix. Maybe he was having a bad day and took out of me I don't know, very puzzling. Me and my family have been coming to this garage for years but I won't be coming again. I drove away very upset and confused.

“No complaints”

written by FatDog71 on 18/02/2023

Brought my car in as neither the front nor back windscreen washers were working.I suspected that they were clogged and therefore the fix may be simple but was pleasantly surprised not to have been charged at all. Unheard of, at least from my personal experience. Shout out to the agent at the Enfield branch who was super helpful despite being obviously extremely busy. Good service!

Asked by steveboss on 27th March 2014 Report this content
What guarantee do you give on new tyres?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site