Formula One Autocentre Reviews - www.f1autocentres.co.uk

Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk

Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk

“ITEMS TAKEN FROM CAR - AVOID Taken in for a service...”

Written on: 31/08/2022 by SadieBlair (1 review written)

ITEMS TAKEN FROM CAR - AVOID Taken in for a service and the SD Card for my satnav was taken. On starting the car the first time after the SD card is removed it comes up with a warning - only the first time. The SD card was removed immediately before I picked it up otherwise the warning would not be present. The manager said that as I couldn't prove that this factory standard item was present when it was dropped off (let's ignore the fact I used it to drive there) then it was my word against theirs, and they were not prepared to do anything beyond a "conversation" following getting a quote for a replacement. I didn't accuse them of taking it. I supplied them with the information requested, and the area manager has been in touch via email with some bizarre incorrect (verified by manufacturer ) information about the satnav, then said that I must be accusing them of theft and as such they don't care, and told me that they wouldn't be taking any action, following their own internal "investigations". Filing with the local police - avoid at all costs.

“Poor service from Darwen Branch”

Written on: 01/08/2022 by JaidenKehoe (1 review written)

Failed not from a 2015 vehicle that has been sat on the garden unused for 10 months understandable. 4 days waiting for a quote for the work, a further 5 working days waiting for the work to be carried out which consist of 2 top mounts and a ball joint linkage. 8 days I'm total and still waiting. Staff are constantly annoyed with being pulled from garage to garage and quite open to tell customers. Management IE has no interest what so ever. I might actually get my vehicle back today however not holding out much hope. Standards have seriously gone down hill at Formula 1 auto centers and becoming like kwikfit with waiting 90 minutes for a puncture repair.

“Brilliant service from Brentwood branch”

Written on: 16/07/2022 by Joannepeters46 (1 review written)

We booked in last minute realising our MOT had run out that day. They were very accommodating when they couldn’t fit us in until 4 days later but squeezed us in the same day! It failed, a quick change of a bad tyre and passed! Would highly recommend this branch and the staff were friendly polite and helpful. Thank you

“Charged £59.00 for NOT being able to regas air...”

Written on: 08/07/2022 by 363Tierney (1 review written)

After phoning the Crawley branch today to ask if they could regas my air conditioning system on my Ford C-Max and being told that they could do it this afternoon I dropped the car off with them. Coming back an hour later, I asked how it had gone and how empty was the cannister. The staff member told me that the cannister was empty and now it was refilled with the appropriate gas. I paid £59.00 on my card and was also given an extortionate quote of £550.00 for average Cooper Avon tyres! On driving home I noticed that the air conditioning still wasn't working so I decided to return to the Crawley branch. On speaking to the same staff member, telling him of the problem, he shouted through to the workshop to speak to the chap who had done the job. He responded with "couldn't do the job as the car needs the new type of gas". So, the staff member said he would give me a refund! No real apology and the fact that they charged me for not even doing anything is disgusting. I have reported the issue to their Head Office Customer service departments. Wish I had read the reviews before I ever trusted such a shoddy bunch! Avoid at all cost!

“Don’t use formula 1 autocenter”

Written on: 05/07/2022 by Fatzilla25 (1 review written)

I took my car in for some exhaust work back in October 2021 the manager at St Albans branch told me my brake discs and brake pads needed changing soon however I didn’t I MOT my car today June 2022 which it passed with flying colours I asked the guy that did the MOT were the brakes all okay he told me the brakes were fine and they had plenty of meat left on them not happy with Formula One or trying to squeeze me out of more money never use them again

“Avoid at ALL cost! ”

Written on: 11/06/2022 by Batescl179 (1 review written)

I bought my new tyres from ASDA, as the prices were very attractive. Now as for the Fitter Formula One (F1) Autocentres in Brentwood - this place is complete disaster and should be avoided at all times, with the Manager who is completely unprofessional and RUDE. Here is what has happened: 1) I booked 4x tyres fitting and wheel alignment for Friday 10:30am as it was available on ASDA tyres website. F1 called me same day to say they will not be able to do it on that time, so had to reschedule for next day. 2) Came on Saturday and fitting 4 tyres and alignment (2 front wheels) took hefty 1h 30min! 3) When all was finished the guy who drove back my car broke plastic cover from handbrake switch on my car. I went quickly to the reception to inform about the damage and wow could not believed how this was taken and how I was treated. The guy went outside and said that this was imposible and he has not done it and he was the only one that drove my car, despite the broken plastic cover being outside on the driver seat. I wanted to raise a complain and speak to the Manager. The guy said quote: I am the Manager so you can complain to me. I wanted to know his name and he said quote: I am not giving you my name. I was absolutely shocked already at this point... I then asked, so how can I raise a complain as you have damaged plastic cover, he then said that I can go to Google and complain there. I asked for owner details and the Manager also refused to give this information, as he said quote: you will not try to grill me! I then asked for complaint book, so I can write my complain, again he said there is no such thing. He said that I have accused him for something that it was already broken and giving him quite bs. The attitude, language and how I was treated by the Manager was absolutely unacceptable. I felt offended and disrespected! I left and informed the Manager that I will not let this go and will try to complain directly to the owner. He then said that if I will give him a quote for the plastic and if it is 10-15 pounds, then he will give me this money as a damage compensation, but if is more than that then no way he will pay for it. I left speachles... 4) When drove around 200m I activated tyre pressure sensors on my car computer to check PSIs on each tyres and oh my gosh... At front they should be 33 and at the back 30. They have pumped 35 at both front and 38 rear right and 35 rear left! I went back and and show that to the member of staff. He said that they don't have digital readers, so I went back home on petrol station and made it right as it should be done as a basic. I literally am still shocked how I was treated and the service provided by this station. Not only I am now anxious and stressed, as simply don't trust the job has been done appropriately. But also, now have to find my way to reach to the owner to made official complaint and informed the owner what has happened to me and the car. ASDA if you read this please help me to get owners details and make sure you will scrap this provider/partner from your list of places where tyres can be fit, as part of your purchase service offered!

“Avoid ”

Written on: 10/05/2022 by MacPhersonmm248 (1 review written)

With this type of horrible attitude and customer service within there local community, I don't know how they will run this business. I booked my car for break oil replacement I was told it will take 1.30 hours after arround 2 hour of wait onsite I asked the BIG!! manager how is my job doing I was told can you come some other day since today they are short staff. And on my question why didn't you tell me 2 hours ago I was told just listen mate we don't have staff. What a attitude no appolgies. Please think twice to hand over your money you deserve better treatment.

“Terrible avoid at all costs ”

Written on: 04/05/2022 by LarryHumphrey (1 review written)

Shocking paid for a repair and they broke the part they was replacing and kept promising to repair it and left me 5 weeks without a car. I had no car for 2 bank holidays and told them I needed it fixed for my kids holiday and there response was it wasnt they problem when my holiday was. I phoned customer service which couldn't have been less interested so I had to re pay for my car fixed properly at another garage so I could take my children on holiday absolutely heartbreaking waste of £225 and I've never been treated so disgustingly by a garage. Please dont take your car there needless to say I'm taking this further.

“DONT USE THIS GARAGE SHOCKING ”

Written on: 30/04/2022 by Jamesgera (1 review written)

Went in for MOT & service car left with a engine warning light on dashboard. My car in total went in 8 times still engine light on car then offered £60 as a goodwill gesture I’m shocked at very poor leadership or none leadership. I will be writing to rogue traders BBC & any other public tv radio who will cascade the terrible journey we have received.

“Useless with zero customer care”

Written on: 30/04/2022 by ChristopherBarrett (1 review written)

Booked to have tyres fitted, which were purchased from Asda Tyres. Dropped car off, returned 1.5 hours later to find the car parked in a public car park, unlocked with the drivers window open, old tyres still on the car. Was advised by the centre that the tyres had not been delivered! apparently Asda Tyres have a policy where the centre should check, chase and inform the customer in situations like these. The Westwood Cross Centre could not care less, just some knuckle dragger grunting snd shrugging his shoulders, also telling me Asda Tyres are shut on a Saturday. I got hold of them within 10 minutes!! I have even emailed their Regional Manager Perry Lilley and spoken with their call centre, guess what, zero response! In a nut shell, this company could not care less about customers and employ absolute specimens, again with zero customer service skills Avoid at all costs

“F1 ? More like a pit retirement”

Written on: 12/03/2022 by Sariahe140 (1 review written)

830 booking First guy here 1h30 later still here Only wanted two tyres, the chap is moving at a snails pace with a chat between every nut tightened painful to watch Surely he can feel my eyes burning into him from the waiting room Avoid

“F1 Autocentres. Rude, argumentative staff, poor service”

Written on: 18/02/2022 by Susie12340 (1 review written)

F1 Autocentre, London Rd, Stevenage. Took my car in at 10.30 for two tyres to be changed. Was told that another car was being sorted which would take half hour then mine would be done which would take a further 45 minutes. Returned after an hour and 20 minutes to find my car hadn’t moved and wouldn’t even be started for another 30 minutes. So in all, 2hours and 40 minutes for a 45 minute job! They had obviously repaired other cars in my absence, and ignored my car, but wouldn’t admit this, just made different excuses. The manager was extremely rude and even started talking loudly at me whilst I was on the phone, so I couldn’t actually continue my conversation. I called the complaints department but the lady I spoke to there was just as rude. I wrote an email to Customer Service and was told the Regional Manager would deal with it but he obviously couldn’t be bothered because after a week I had to chase it up. I did eventually receive an email from the Regional Manager but he completely brushed off my complaint, didn’t address many of the points I made and made excuses for the manager. I responded to his email, as I was not happy, but as expected, he has not replied. I have asked him AGAIN to reply to me, but to no avail. From the top of this company down, the service is absolutely diabolical. If legitimate complaints aren’t taken seriously by the Regional Manager no wonder the staff act as they do. The one saving grace for this company are the lovely ladies in Customer Service, who were very helpful and extremely polite. Couldn’t fault them. Maybe the rest of the Company should take lessons from them, then they wouldn’t get so many poor reviews.

“Nearly scrapped my car”

Written on: 12/02/2022 by Craigo6 (1 review written)

The manager at Brentwood called and said he can not service car Christmas Eve as head gasket had gone. I put car on Facebook for repairs then thought I’d get it inspected else where. No evidence or test showed head gasket had gone so kept car and no issue at all with it. They have no clue what they are doing proper muppet’s. Really annoyed as nearly cost me my car.

“Refuse refund or replacement”

Written on: 19/01/2022 by DorianPeterson (1 review written)

Bought a set of Avon tyres. 2 years and 4000 miles later they are perished and cracking up. Company says take it up with Avon. Buy new tyres and send the old ones to Avon. They give no guarantee, " we don't manufacture tyres we just sell them". Terrible attitude and that's not what the law says.

“disgusting attitude of person on front desk ”

Written on: 05/01/2022 by MilesFinn227 (1 review written)

took my car into wigston branch for a retest as failed mot yesterday person behind the desk chucked a spring at me and said whos done this job for you for a retest.. is behaviour was awful as to say its my fault the person who sorted the job out for a retest he showed me before i took it back what he had done and all was ok so they obv took it off with force they soon fixed it back on trying to blame the garage who sorted my repairs out avoid like the plague

“AVOID. DEAL WITH THEM AT YOUR OWN PERIL!”

Written on: 08/12/2021 by hsMatthews244 (1 review written)

Should have read reviews before booking.  Had MOT/service done there: I have never seen such a long list of failures in my 30 years car ownership. In particular they failed on brakes and lights which were replaced by dealers two years ago (not much driving done during these two lock-down years). Of course they mark them as "dangerous" so you cannot go away for a second opinion but have to follow their "advice" for fix. The "extra" work counts toward £500 which is similar to what others here experienced. While waiting, overheard them talking to another MOT victim over the phone with a similar long list and quotation. This is Cambridge Barnwell Rd branch.

“I booked my alpha Romeo Mito for a MOT in November it...”

Written on: 08/12/2021 by Crise (1 review written)

I booked my alpha Romeo Mito for a MOT in November it failed because of the breaks at the rear I asked them how much it would cost they told me they needed to investigate first it took an awful long time I finally got a call one evening the cost for two new disc with oil would cost £941.61 chocked I took the car somewhere else all i needed to do is change a lightbulb at the front of the car at the cost of £5 as for the rear break one was in very good condition the other one a little bit thinner but passable. passed my mot they is nothing good I can say about this people except their politeness

“Terrible !”

Written on: 07/12/2021 by Livvidali (1 review written)

Don’t go there! Honestly I did my brakes they charged me way more and after a month the brakes wore off ! Honestly the worst place to go, I had told them about my day light that it was broke and they didn’t look at it and just changed a light bulb that popped out as it was broken still charged me !!! Honestly the worst don’t ever go

“Dont go to Cheltenham”

Written on: 06/12/2021 by Rosal176 (1 review written)

Where do i start. They repaired a wheel bearing and i left with nearly all my warning lights on and not being able to use the auto gearbox or hand brake on my auto car. This was after bringing the car to the garage twice and being assured by the manager that it would be fixed and road tested. Car presented in an even worse condition on second visit. Appalling customer service and a manager that is rude and aggressive when i disagreed with them. I have now taken my car to a local dealership to be fixed which will cost more money. Steer clear at all costs

“This is based on my experience at the Coalville...”

Written on: 24/11/2021 by Tobyr355 (1 review written)

This is based on my experience at the Coalville branch. The first time I took it there for an MOT. They found a couple of faults and told me my car would cost approx £420 to repair. This was near Christmas so I wasn't happy. When I went to work next day my colleagues told me it was a ridiculous price and to get other quotes. After going to a couple more garages who quoted nearer to £250 I called Formula One and told them I did not want them to carry out the work. At hearing this and my other quotes they dropped the price to just under my other quote prices. I argued but they wouldn't take any blame. I was shocked but agreed to get work done there as it was easier for me. The year after, as it was convenient I thought I would risk an MOT/Full Service. My car had been noisy for a few months (back wheel area) and I wanted a full check to make sure I was safe. After everything was done they said the car was in perfect condition but my tyres were wearing on the front and I would need to get my tracking looked at. I took it to another garage who told me I had new tyres and tracking was also fine. After a year of still driving around in an increasingly noisy car I go to a different garage to get a service. After starting the service they called to say I had big problems with the rear axle bush and something similar with a joint on the front. Finally my car was repaired and was quieter than it had been for ages. My advice...stay well away from Formula One.