Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk
1.5

Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

“Poor quality rose with black spot”

written by DarioMcGraw on 03/06/2024

Arrived this morning two roses taped together so tightly it broke the growing point of one of them one rose is bushy and healthy the other has one shoot and has black spot not good enough.You can’t ring or send a message steer clear won’t be using this company again.

“Dead plants & won’t give a refund”

written by Piper203 on 22/05/2024

I wish I had read reviews. I had to give 1 but would have rated 0. Bought 2 standard roses in April, not an obvious problem on delivery apart from bags with roots on had sone soil in but dried so I planted & cared for. Produced no leaves or shoots (now 23 days on) contacted customer service who advised as I didn’t notify they were faulty within 14 days it’s not their problem. Happy to take your money for shoddy goods and don’t take responsibility.

“Never again ”

written by Jefferson124 on 21/05/2024

Terrible Company that you need to avoid. I wish I has read these reviews before making my order I ordered £140 worth of plants and bulbs. The website states that normal shipment time is 3-5 working days... after delays with no explanation, the delivery was sent without warning, 7 working days after order when we were away. Plants were brown and dead and bulbs were blue with mould. Complete waste of money. They expect customers to write off 2 weeks for delayed plants. The plants are very small, bunched together in tied plastic bags, in broken pots. No care had been taken in packaging and sending out the order. Our receipt sheets was found scrunched in a ball at the bottom of the box. I have emailed customer services multiple times with gardening express taking no ownership. Will not use again

“Is this how your company makes its profits? Selling...”

written by RGardener on 19/05/2024

I recently purchased two Large Pink Standard Rose Trees. There was no indication in the bio of the product that it would arrive in damaged condition and would need to be revived. They are both riddled with rust and the branches are damaged and dead. I would never of purchased them if i knew. When emailing gardening express they stated “These plants are as we would expect them to be upon arrival to you, and should with the correct care and planting conditions continue to thrive and grow” The images on your website are extremely inaccurate & deceiving to customers. I did not purchase these for myself. I am a gardener and they are for a client. I most definitely would never find it acceptable to use these trees for a job. And the fact that this company would send out such shoddy product is just disgusting. When requesting to return them I was told to do so via Parcel2Go. Is this how your company makes its profits? Selling your end of line, damaged goods to customers and then making it so difficult for them to return the plants that they are forced to just give up?

“No guarantee refuse to refund”

written by Cantrellbf448 on 13/05/2024

They refuse to refund for dead bare root plants as I didn’t contact them within 14 days. You need longer than that to know whether a bare root is going to sprout! Appalling company with dreadful customer service. This can’t be legal!

“AVOID!”

written by Bthatsme on 30/04/2024

I bought 4 plants from this company, they all came last week, 26th April 2024 in a terrible state, 2 are now dead and the other two have a weird disease. I wasted £64 on 4 dead plants. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Please don't waste your hard earned cash.

“Awful. Do not use”

written by Hayleev16 on 29/02/2024

Poor descriptions and communication. Disgusting customer service. Avoid. Do not waste your money

“DONT WASTE TIME COMPLAINING WRITE TO THEIR LEGAL DEPT ”

written by Putnamiq162 on 14/12/2023

Total waste of time between these people and their delivery company DX A week of mis communication and misleading and a non responsive "help" section on the website I googled the email addresses for the legal departments of GE and DX and got a reply straight away Just waiting for my refund

“Terrible people ”

written by 158McCullough on 12/12/2023

After over 2 wks of wait the order has finally arrived witH more than a half missing. Dispatch email does not mention that something would be missing neither I’ve been contacted to be informed of this. Plants are not in a rip top condition at all. Leaves are falling and they won’t survive till even Christmas. I wish I never found this place. It has caused nothing but headaches and im not even seeing the end of it as now I have to chase either missing items or my money since I paid for it. I would have never paid £6.99 delivery if I knew I will receive only £1x4 plants which I can get in any supermarket for the same price. Most important items on the order were the ones they never sent. I do not believe for a second in the only one having issues with these horrible people and I’m certain all reviews are fake left by employees. If I could give minus 10 stars I would. I’m going to report GE to trading standards. And I didn’t order house plants I ordered plants for Christmas which obviously won’t arrive for the house decoration. Again full blown ignorance to emails. Nothing is in junk stop your lies. I hope everyone reads reviews before proceeding giving up their money for you a compete waste of space business. Disgusting Update: 7th of December and still no news of items being dispatched. This is something unheard off. A week and I heard nothing from this company about where is my order, when it will be shipped etc. it’s a pure sham. Have to contact bank to get my money back now. Nobody responds to emails either. Should have read reviews first

“DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY”

written by McManusws476 on 09/10/2023

Sadly I read a 5 star review before placing an order with this company, please don’t make the same mistake. On 15 Sept 2023 I placed an order for £1200 and of the 26 Photinia plants received, ALL were diseased. Not just the odd spot of fungal infection, but ALL leaves on ALL the plants. Gardening Express do not have a customer contact telephone line….so I sent a polite email, with photos, awaited a response, sent another 7 days later…..and then I received a ‘How Did We Do?’ Customer Survey, but no reply. Obviously I will be taking this further as we had to save up to buy these plants and cannot afford to replace them now. Beyond heartbroken and feeling very foolish to have trusted this company.

“Poor communication and service”

written by RossMc123 on 12/09/2023

I made an order under #601706027 for 4x plants and only 3x arrived. Delivery took ages with little communication. I have been chasing the additional plant for around 6 weeks now on the contact page, emails and instagram. Not one reply! I’d never use them again, absolutely poor communication and service.

“Very poor customer care ”

written by amazed1 on 09/09/2023

Please avoid this company at all costs, I purchased a fruit tree collection from them which came with a 5 year guarantee, unfortunately I have tried to use the guarantee but have been unsuccessfull. They have failed to respond to my requests for assistance other than saying they are busy. There customer services are terrible in fact non existent. They can only be contacted on line there is no telephone contact numbers and if you use their web site thay just ignore you. Not a trust worthy company AVOID.

“Terrible company DON'T USE”

written by Finleyw394 on 25/08/2023

I ordered 7 plants for £97. Three were large plants for £20, £30 and £36 -they were all in bad health, thin, and not worth the money. Even the 4 x £1 plants were terrible. Impossible to send the plants back as the package was too tall for all the usual couriers (Yodel, Evri, Parcelforce) and you can't return plants in person. No reply to my email/online contact form. My review and actual photographs of the plants they sent on their website was taken down. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY.

“Dead plants delivered”

written by Millieaddington on 27/07/2023

Ordered 12 bare root rose bushes on June 12. Only 4 produced any growth. Did a bark scrape test which I sent to gardening express, but no reply. Very disappointed.

“Black rotten plants ??”

written by Jansussex on 25/07/2023

Dreadful supplier of rotten products. 1st order black and rotten requested refund and cancellation of 2nd and 3rd order. No refund or response. Received all orders also dreadful quality, company should be taken to task and fined for lack of quality and zero customer service. AVOID At all costs...

“Do not buy”

written by Armando220 on 30/06/2023

Hi Like others I was impressed by great marketing and fell for the sales pitch I ordered plants based on what I saw and read ! What I received was very different One of the plants I paid £25.99 when it arrived and I saw how tiny it was I wrote an email stating I would not have paid £5.99 Of course they have not acknowledged and I doubt they will So I learnt a lesson here ! So don’t make the same mistake go to a garden centre

“YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NOT TO BUY FROM HERE”

written by cvStephens21 on 16/06/2023

You have been warned. These are sham outfit. They send out undersized plants on purpose then offer you a £5 discount to keep them. Two months on they still won't give me a refund. You have been warned by me and the other reviews on here. Just spend the extra few pounds and buy from a garden centre or you will lose all of your money and have incorrect plants. There is no phone number to call them btw as they do not want calls. You have been warned.

“Shocking quality plants”

written by Nicks63 on 19/05/2023

The quality of plants received was absolutely shocking and they should be ashamed to deliver such awful plants

“Awful, rogue trader”

written by on 06/05/2023

I have been hugely disappointed with the timescales of the delivery (ordered 8th April, recieved 22nd April, customer service respond 29th April) and the quality of the plants is awful! I have had to buy the box plants elsewhere and wish to return the plants you send for a full refund. I had a complaint with the quality of the product and that it was 3 weeks delivery time. I was shocked with the response from the ‘customer care’ team and their return policy. I will not be spending money returning their shoddy products. Further to this I’ve raised a complaint, receive sarcastic emails and to escalate my complaint I’m asked to write a letter and send to their ‘customer care contact’ S-J. Who I’ve already been emailing!!! Im entitled to my money back and you can have your plants back. Awful experience.

“Check review sites before buying”

written by anniejo77868437 on 09/12/2022

Ordered and paid for a 7/8 ft Christmas tree received a 5ft one. Company not interested in working with us to provide a resolution. Wish I’d seen all the terrible reviews they had before making a purchase.