Gardening Express Reviews - www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

“Check Trustpilot before ever buying from Gardening...”

Written on: 23/08/2022 by GeorgeKearse (5 reviews written)

Anemone Hybrida Bressingham Glow Japanese Anemone SKU P22155 £14.99 and Anemone hupehensis Splendens Windflower SKU P22183 £14.97 delivered 23 August 2022 I expected these to be delivered in a similar condition to the Anemone hupehensis 'Red Riding Hood' Japanese Anemone Windflower, that is, 'in-season, strong, healthy, full of buds, flowers and shoots'. They weren't. They aren't. These are short, stubby scrawny, almost lifeless plants with wilting foliage, no flowers, no buds, highly unlikely to have any flowers at all this year 2022! 'Autumn', Gardening Expresses' Quick Messaging System agent advised me 'This is a young specimen and will thrive once settled'. If I wanted two 'young specimen' I'd have ordered two 'young specimen' and they wouldn't have cost me £29.96 but more like £4.99 each! It is already mid-Summer heading into late-Summer with Autumn 'just around the corner'. I've not spent £29.96 for Gardening Express to deliver me two 'young specimen' in 3-litre pots for me to grow myself, I've spent £29.96 to have premium quality 3-litre 'in-season' plants delivered full of buds and flowers! Furthermore, the Plant Passport shows A ANEMONE, B BE-2.085.018.364 C week 13/16 2021! And Gardening Express expects us to pay 'return postage'? Unbelievable!

“BUYERS BEWARE!”

Written on: 21/07/2022 by NatWils (1 review written)

BUYERS BEWARE! MISLEADING ADVERT! READ THE SMALLPRINT PLUS...NO CONTACT NUMBER TO SPEAK TO ACTUAL PERSON ***Advert description...*** ' XXL GIANT Phoenix Date Palm' ' 5ft - 6ft' ( 140cm - 180cm) with along with an image quite a large palm tree.' XXL- Not true Giant- Not true 6ft - 5ft - Not true Image- Nothing like it, what you receive is tiny, just over 4ft tall. After the 5ft -6ft they do write 140cm to 180cm so that's where they have you. Even though those measurements do not equate to 5ft -6ft! They also told me to read the small print that they have a 20% allowance so it could be even smaller. I paid £59 for this, apparently reduced from £97 for something that is just over 4ft tall and could of purchased from any supermarket or garden centre for half the price! Then there is the lack of customer service. I should of had alarm bells when I realised there is no contact number, just live chat. I asked countless times to speak to a person and they said they don't have that facility. I have asked them to collect the plant which they have refused but I WILL be returning this and reporting to trading standards. Do yourself a favour get yourself down to B&Q and don't be fleeced!

“Terrible - don’t buy from this company! ”

Written on: 09/07/2022 by Angelae142 (1 review written)

absolutely terrible customer service and even worse quality of product! We received two topiary trees for a Christmas gift from our parents. Within a few months after daily watering they were both dead. I tried for 2 months to contact the company after several failed attempts finally got hold of them to be told there was nothing they would be prepared to do. Not even interested! Don’t purchase from this company!

“Very disappointed in the Clematis Armandii plant I...”

Written on: 31/05/2022 by Alexia1968 (1 review written)

Very disappointed in the Clematis Armandii plant I received today at £79 I expected a flourishing plant instead I received a tall plant with not much fullness and dried leaves and a broken branch. The worst issue is their customer service, you cannot speak to anyone it's all done via their"online chat" and they are not forthcoming with an apology for your dissatisfaction, they are quick to dismiss any issues you may have and quick to let you know if you want an exchange or a refund that you have to organise this at your own cost and once the plant is received then they will assess the plant and see if it's worthy of any action. The good versus bad reviews on trust pilot are equal which should have been a red flag but unfortunately I didn't visit trust pilot before my latest purchase. Absolutely appalling service.

“DO NOT TRUST THEIR GURANTEE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.”

Written on: 16/05/2022 by EssexAcDc (1 review written)

In January, I bought two multi coloured hibiscus trees. We are now halfway through May and one is full of green leaves and doing well while the other is just brown twigs. I contacted Gardening Express (through chat) who asked for a photo and so I sent one of the two trees side by side. They returned the photo with a circle around the stem which was below the grafting points and when I pointed this out they requested I return the tree. It is 5 months since delivery and so I no longer have a tree box to return it in and asked if they could send me one. No...was the answer (they don’t send out boxes) and I was advised to go to my local hardware store and buy a box thin enough to take a tree but tall enough (around 5ft). I replied that my local hardware store does not stock boxes of that dimension so could I cut it up into small pieces so as to fit into a normal size box. I was told no because I would kill it but I said it was already dead also, I could not do a “bark” test above the grafts on twigs simply because I have tried and my camera will not focus on something so small and thin. They still would not have it so In the end I gave up and informed them that I will lose a tree but they will lose more when I put my review on as many review sites as possible and they were happy with that.

“Poor quality and worse customer care”

Written on: 11/05/2022 by Warrenlmilton (1 review written)

Purchased a tree and a Passion Flower plant and the tree arrived it looked damaged and not likely to survive and the passion flower looked the same. Managed to revive the plum tree with some TLC but the passion flower has done nothing despite my efforts. Contacted via chat and sent photos and they claim the plant is OK but it isn't, refused refund request despite having a 5 year guarantee. Won't use again and would recommend people do the same I reached out and contacted them via chat and spoke to an agent who argued with me and when I advised the plant was dead, tried to tell me its the wrong soil, its sarlturated ground, its dormant, its not the growing season and its alive. Then when I wanted to to leave the chat harassed me and kept sending me chats despite asking her not to plus told me to amend me personal review! Shocker.

“Avoid, the bad reviews are true”

Written on: 27/04/2022 by RahYahn (1 review written)

I should have taken heed of the previous bad reviews, as they are all correct. TL;DR order not received. No phone or accessible customer support Full: Never received my order. There is no other way of contacting them according as they are an 'online business only' to their Website. No Phone number. Their help.gardeningexpress / URL site is not working, and their 'support chat' is going in circles and you never get to a real person. Apart from writing a letter, yes a letter. You cannot get in contact. Although the email I send does not get rejected. They also get no response. Only when I opened a Banking Dispute did I get a response, not from them, from my bank. That my order had been delivered. The photo they showed isn't me. Still no contact directly from them. I think I have to cut my losses with them, but I will need to warn other people about this, before they get stung like me and countless others like myself.

“Excellent don't believe the negatives”

Written on: 07/04/2022 by feUnderwood463 (1 review written)

Have been a shopper for many years and have just re designed my whole garden with plants and tress from gardening express. The plants supplied are good quality, and some as seasonal plants not in season are excellent for how they look. Do not believe the negative reviews most people are negative when they do not get what they want, known fact.If you don't like whats received return it get your money back with no quibbles, this is normal for online garden stores. Simple. Believe me your love these plants and the service from the chat is always excellent, bending over to help whenever I have contacted them. 5 year guarantee on my trees can't go wrong, so happy.

Rahyahn's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2022

dear anonymous.. how did you get in contact with them? Email, phone? Do you live around the corner? What is your communication with them? I genuinely want to know as you said it was simple. Let us know?

“Avoid‼️ AVOID‼️ Avoid‼️”

Written on: 05/04/2022 by SkyeCastro233 (1 review written)

Disgusting company AVOID AT ALL COST‼️ What an absolute joke of a company my primulas arrived today and half of them were snapped off dead and had been de headed also bugs on them. No phone number to contact them only a robotic chat after a long lengthy time of actually speaking to a human, I got told to send pictures which I did and then got a reply that my flowers were healthy and I wouldn’t be getting a full refund and if I wanted a full refund was to send the plants back in a box! I am literally fuming and I wouldn’t recommend buying flowers or plants from this company ever again! I would actually upload my photos but it doesn’t give me an option to in here! Stay well clear from this garden company

“Worst online experience, STAY AWAY”

Written on: 09/12/2021 by yiPowell1970 (1 review written)

Extremely terrible service, lost £75 off a £300 order due items not arriving on time and having to reject the delivery, there is a 25% fee to do so even though delivery was so late. PLEASE STAY AWAY, not worth the stress and loss of money.

“Shocking”

Written on: 25/08/2021 by Loublue1978 (1 review written)

Shocking company. Bad communication, insulted when raised a complaint. The plants arrived 3 weeks late, had dead and some were missing. Had to pay £10 out of my money to return them

Michellekeel's Response to Loublue1978's Review

Written on: 03/09/2021

Totally agree. Absolute gangsters!!

Read 1 Comment

“Do NOT use this company! Absolute sham!! Should be 0...”

Written on: 22/08/2021 by Spencerpv421 (1 review written)

I wish I had read the countless appalling review ratings on numerous review sites for gardeningexpress before I bought an £80 climbing shrub from them, as almost all these reviews have the same complaints about dead plants and not being able to get your money back. My shrub plant arrived several weeks after the advertised delivery date and when it was finally delivered, it was dead!! It was basically a tall, dead stick with some shrivelled up leaves lying on the bottom of the poorly packaged parcel. Not what you expect for £80!! There is neither a phone number nor an email address on their website, so the only way to contact them is a so-called 'webchat' which they never answered! I then got a standard review request from them where you are asked to rate them on a scale from 1-5. The only problem is that if you give them a low rating, the system comes back with an excuse of 'database error' as to why it cannot accept your rating!! I tried entering my score of 1 from different tablets and from different locations, and each time it kicked me out. Interestingly, if you enter a higher rating, it goes straight through! Funny that!!! I would honestly urge anyone to think twice about buying from this company; you might as well throw your money straight out of the window!

“Delivered a dead plant and then dreadful customer service”

Written on: 10/08/2021 by clivejhall (1 review written)

This is an organisation to be avoided at all times. They delivered a dead plant and when I finally received a message back from them through their live messaging system, they refused to assist. My experience seems to be very common. I do not know how they are still in business and they certainly should not be.

“Terrible ”

Written on: 25/07/2021 by Lamontln434 (1 review written)

Be careful before you buy from here. There is no customer support number, no email support and only thing is through their chat service on their site. You need to wait hours before someone replies your queries. 15 days passed and still no sign of any delivery of my plant I ordered online. They keep on promising it will be sent. Don't waste your money. They claim to be very busy, God knows if that's true. Stay away.

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 12/07/2021 by Blackwellao215 (1 review written)

Gardening Express is an absolutely appalling company. I paid £199.99 for a mature magnolia tree on 30th May and the money was taken from my bank account on 1st June. When I ordered the tree the website gave a 3-5 day delivery time but the tree wasn’t delivered until 21st June and was in a terrible condition. Gardening Express agreed that the tree was damaged in transit but are refusing to give me a refund unless I return the tree at my own cost. I have explained to them that they are contravening the Consumer Rights Act 2015 but they just don’t care. I shall be reporting them to Trading Standards and applying to the Small Claims Court to recover my cost. Gardening Express I would avoid them at all costs, please read all the online reviews before you buy

Brianpat73's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2021

I can understand your pain as I have also gone through same pain. Cheaters.

Read 1 Comment

“A total sham! Their guarantee is worthless, they do...”

Written on: 08/07/2021 by Maggiem53 (1 review written)

A total sham! Their guarantee is worthless, they do not take phonecalls, they do not answer emails, they ignore complaints. They shouldn't be allowed to trade. I ordered a shrub from Gardening Express in Feb 2021, described by them as 'established and bushy'. I got a twig 7" tall with 3 spindly 'branches'. I complained immediately and was told to give it time, it would thrive come spring. It did not thrive, it languished and slowly died. I sent many emails with photos but they ignore them. Their website now states that, for a refund or replacement, they need the dead plant returned, in its original pot(!), with the original label and proof of purchase and at my expense. That is ludicrous and just means the guarantee is useless. I am currently waiting on their chat facility, have been for 22 minutes and the only thing I see is "currently replying in under 2 hours"! My advice is clear: YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. If you do, you'll be sorry.

“Avoid Like The Plague!”

Written on: 19/06/2021 by bruceamc (1 review written)

AVOID THIS OUTFIT LIKE THE PLAGUE! My wife paid the princely sum of £28.96p for a GIANT Hydrangea. A TINY plant upside down in a GIANT and damaged box arrived via Hermes. We rejected the delivery and then discovered that this so-called reputable company doesn't provide any phone numbers at all for customer support and your only hope of obtaining any kind of post-sale communication or a refund is by jumping through a covoluted myriad number of hoops. We then read countless negative and jaw-dropping reviews on Google. We also discovered that Gardening Express has also been the subject of the BBC's Watchdog programme. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

“Lovely healthy lemon scented Cypress topiary”

Written on: 17/06/2021 by Allydi08 (1 review written)

I ordered 2 Cypress topiaries from Gardening Express and only read the terrible reviews when a friend said I would probably have wasted my money, almost £90 as they have an horrendous reputation. The plants arrived today. I was dreading opening the box, expecting to find 2 half dead plants! What a lovely surprise, both plants very healthy and in good condition. The beautiful lemon scent was amazing. They are not shaped exactly as in the photographs on site, but they were less than half the price on other sites and with a regular snip here and there they will soon be perfect Pom Pom shapes. Really pleased, thank you GE.

“not as Advertised - Awful returns policy”

Written on: 20/05/2021 by davidm98765t (1 review written)

The picture on the website does not accurately represent what they are selling, This is misleading and factual inaccurate. Not as advertised, and awful returns policy where you have to pay for returning when Never use again - support your local garden centre instead.

“Awful, avoid”

Written on: 23/04/2021 by JohanKendall158 (1 review written)

We bought several plants, some arrived in bad state, some where ok, the problem is that any come back to Gardening Express results in no resolution, they continually fob you off with your complaint saying you are important customer to them but nothing actually gets resolved. We have managed to save two plants which came root ball all out of its container, we have not been able to save two cordyline plants which were £42 each, the leaves brown and dead, clearly left their warehouse in that state. We have been unable to get any response for over 6 weeks now despite hours waiting on the phone to speak with someone, online chat also complete waste of time. My advice avoid this company.