Last Night of Freedom, Newcastle Reviews

Last Night of Freedom, Newcastle - Ask a question now

“Worst company ever. Will rip you off!!!”

Written on: 26/06/2017 by EleanorLaxfield (1 review written)

They charged nearly triple what it would have cost us if we booked the restaurant ourselves and they didn't give us anything that we paid for. Terrible company. They literally robbed us… Read Full Review

“These guys ripped me off completely. It turns out...”

Written on: 09/08/2016 by Pattersonkr75 (1 review written)

These guys ripped me off completely. It turns out they charged me almost DOUBLE the price for the accommodation that booking.com would have charged. Even the lady at checkin was horrified to hear how much they charged. LNoF work really hard to push the sell into you and to take your money, then they're almost impossible to get any support from following payment. If you use these guys you're going to et ripped off!… Read Full Review

“Awful service, lies and false advertising. Sneaky company!”

Written on: 01/09/2015 by Milnezq222 (1 review written)

We used LNOF in August 15 for a hen party. on initial enquiries, we had a party of 12, this later became 9. despite confirming this with the company and asking if it affected the price they held the quote but decided to change all the packages and not tell us. This meant that for every activity we did we got less than half of what was on the description, no no decorations, food platters etc. When we complained we were made to feel like this was our fault when LNOF repeatedly told us they had… Read Full Review

“Stag weekend in a ghost town - as recommended by LNOF!”

Written on: 02/04/2015 by CraigBr (1 review written)

I contacted Last Night of Freedom (LNOF) to plan a stag weekend for my brother. I wasn't sure where I wanted to go when I called, due to the dates being late March and I wasn't sure where would be busy, but had a few ideas that I shared with a member of the team. The person on the phone (I cannot remember the name as it was so long ago) suggested that we go to Benalmadena (which wasn't one of my ideas I shared) as it is busy all year round and a great, lively place to go for a stag weekend. We… Read Full Review

“Poor communication!!!”

Written on: 21/05/2014

My first impressions of Last night of Freedom were great, The initial conversation and correspondence was very thorough and attentive. This all changed once I had paid my deposit!! I originally booked for 12 people, then when i came to pay the deposits I informed them that there was possibly only 11 of us now. I was reassured that this would not be a problem and to keep it at 12 people and that I had 2 weeks to finalise numbers. I was also told that there would a supplement to pay as we now… Read Full Review

Lnof's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2014

Hi there,

We would like the opportunity to respond to your feedback and find out what went wrong.
If you would like to get in touch with us with your details for the trip then we can begin an investigation in to what happened with your booking.

All the best,
Last Night of Freedom

Read 1 Comment

“Amazing Last Night of Freedom”

Written on: 27/08/2013

Booked a weekend to Newcastle for my sisters hen do in July. The guy I booked with was really helpful and organised everything for us - a hotel, spa, nightclubs and dinner. They send you a little itinerary before you go with all the info you need so that was good. We just showed it to the bouncers to get our q-jump entry at th club. We had an amazing weekend and my sister was chuffed with everything. Cheers last night of ffeedom. Would recommend it to anyone… Read Full Review

“Delieverd on Expecations”

Written on: 03/05/2012

I had my stage weekend in Puerto Banus and organised it through Last Night of Freedom/Solisol and they delivered on everything we booked to my high expectations. From the air ports transfers (which I worries might no be big enough) to the well chosen apartments (even if a little further out of town that I’d expected). The evening entertainments were well run by courteous and professional staff who joined the fun and kept things moving. All in all top stuff and well worth booking ahead… Read Full Review

“Poor organisation & rude staff”

Written on: 30/06/2011 by rhysnrach (1 review written)

Budapest is a beautiful place but our dealings with Lastnightoffreedom.com & their counterpart in Budapest were less than impressive. I went to Budapest from in May 2011 for my hen weekend & was not happy with the service that I received on my initial arrival both at the airport & at the hotel. We arrived in Budapest expecting suitable transport for our transfer to the hotel. A 19 seater minibus greeted us with no luggage space. As it was, 1 of our party had to drop out last minute, so… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to rhysnrach's Review

Written on: 15/07/2011

With regard to these allegations, LNOF would like to respond, as some of what has been written here is perfectly valid, whilst the rest either doesn’t tell the full story or is just plainly incorrect:

The quality of service we provide to our clients is of paramount importance, and we work extremely diligently to achieve this at all times. We are proud of our excellent industry-wide reputation for superb customer service, and we take any complaint extremely seriously.

The first thing to say is that we are deeply disappointed that this lady did not have a perfect weekend, and we accept totally that our guide forgot to take champagne for the ladies to the airport.
This has not happened before with any of our previous (1,000+) Budapest groups. We did, however, do everything we could to rectify the situation at the time, and we did manage to supply the champagne before the bar crawl.

With regards to the transfers issue, we have never previously had any problem with luggage space with any our airport transfers in any of our locations (over 15,000 groups booked to date). The coach that was sent was a 19-seater, and this had been more than adequate for all of our previous groups of the same size as this client’s. The volume of luggage that this group brought caught us by surprise though, and the group did, as a result, have a cramped journey on their transfer coach with all of their suitcases and hold luggage on the vehicle too. We had no way of knowing that a 19-seater coach would not be enough for a group of 15 people, as it had always been an ample size for groups of that number previously. Often, in fact, groups have a stripper on board their transfer coach, and have plenty of room for their luggage too.

Though this start to the weekend was not as we would have wanted for our client, we did what we could to rectify the situation then and there - including refunding the transfers for the group in full.
We immediately booked a trailer for the return transfer to take the excess luggage so that there wouldn't be a repeat problem.

Moving on to the issue regarding the hotel rooms.. When the initial booking was made, the client booked her entire group into the 3* quad room tier of accommodation, which is our entry level groups. We offered both the twin room and the quad room option to her and there is very little difference in money between the two. The client chose the cheaper option of quad rooms. A few months after making the booking, the client amended her group’s room configuration so that some of the group were still in the quad rooms, and others upgraded to the twin rooms. She intimated to us that this was because some of the group wanted more space, implying that she realised the quad rooms would by definition have less space than a twin room.
When the group arrived at the hotel, it became apparent that our hotel had not actioned the room configuration change that we had passed on to them on behalf of the client. Following our investigation, the hotel accepted liability for this, however, more importantly, we moved quickly to resurrect the situation. We upgraded the entire group to twin rooms as an attempt placate the situation, and we did this immediately and without any extra charge. It is worth pointing out that the quad rooms deemed “totally unacceptable” by this person are our most popular tier of accommodation in Budapest, and we have never previously received any negative feedback on them from any of the groups who travelled with us. Our client profile is predominantly working professionals used to a degree of comfort (whilst also wanting value for money) so we are certainly not in the habit of providing any sub-standard accommodation. That continues to be the case.

It is relevant at this point to say that, rather than our Budapest co-ordinator being “rude” at any stage (he is the most laid-back pleasant individual you could wish to meet by the way and it is downright bizarre to hear him portrayed as anything other than that), it was this lady who talked over him and refused to listen to what was being said when we called her to confirm the free room upgrade for the whole group.

We have spoken to the minibus driver with regards to the pick up for the two ladies on the Saturday night, and he has confirmed that he arrived at the pre-arranged area at 1.30am and stayed there until 1.40am. The area that was decided on was a very congested place, and also an area where buses can't stop, so after no sign of the ladies for 10 minutes the driver had to leave. While we do everything we can to offer the best service possible to all of our groups, it is important that the groups help us help them and stick to the agreed times.

Regarding the issues with the bar crawl.. after speaking with the designated guide, she told us that the group expressed their enjoyment of the first place they went to. It seems that the person writing this review didn’t like some of the venues... but the rest of her group definitely did! Some of our groups are asked to be quiet in between venues, as many of the bars in Budapest are in residential areas, and neighbours will complain if they feel it is too noisy outside; however, we would never send our groups to bars where they would need to be quiet inside. When the guide asked the group to wait before they left that first bar, it was because she was calling the minibus we arranged to pick the group up. We don't prevent our guides from speaking to other people when they are out and about with our groups, but they never use them as a “social evening”.
We are proud of our calibre of guides in Budapest. They form the backbone of our operation there and this is the first person to complain in any way about this guide. We suggest that the earlier issues mentioned had already formed a negative impression of our operation in the mind of the person writing this review, and this seems to have extended to her impression of our guide.

Collectively, the UK based team from Last Night of Freedom, our ground agent in Budapest and the group’s guide did everything we could to make sure everything was as she had hoped from the moment the client made their initial enquiry through our website, and it is disappointing to hear that this person wasn’t satisfied with the weekend as a whole. We have taken on board the mistakes we made here and are deeply sorry for our errors - which are essentially the lack of champagne on arrival and the hotel’s failure to have the twin rooms ready. Both were rectified immediately and the group received a free upgrade on the rooms. We dispute the fact that the lack of space on the transfer coach was our fault, but we didn’t want to argue the point and wrote off the cost of the transfers immediately too when we realised that the group felt they had suffered a tight squeeze on their inbound transfer.

Finally, contrary to the comment made in this review, the client received considerably more than £150 in compensation. We didn’t charge the group for the transfers, we refunded the organiser £150 and we upgraded the ladies who were still booked into quad rooms into twin rooms, meaning the compensation figure was actually closer to £650. We feel we have been attentive and responsive to all of the issues raised whilst the group were in Budapest (and since they returned), so it is all the more disappointing that this person still has a largely negative view of Last Night of Freedom. We feel that there is nothing more that we can do to resolve the dispute, however we are happy to know that this person also passed on positive remarks regarding our operation there – namely that the hotel was clean and the wine cellar meal with stripper were “fantastic”.

A hen or stag trip is a once in a lifetime experience, and when things don’t go perfectly for one of our groups we do feel that we go above and beyond the normal levels of customer service to rectify the situation – whether the fault is ours or not. We hope that the good things this lady enjoyed on her weekend, coupled with the refunds and upgrades we offered her on the spot, stay with her more than the perceived shortcomings of the guide or transfer coach.

Sincere regards, LNOF