Bikesure Motorcycle Insurance Reviews - www.bikesure.co.uk

Bikesure Motorcycle Insurance www.bikesure.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Appalling greed”

Written on: 03/05/2019 by Caseyne271 (1 review written)

I paid in full for a policy and cancelled it four days later. Even though there was two weeks before it was due to start, they told me they would retain £30 for cancellation. Avoid!… Read Full Review

“Hidden fees everywhere”

Written on: 06/11/2018 by Catgirl87 (1 review written)

Cancelled my policy only 2 months in after selling my bike. Ended up paying the majority of the cost anyway including a cancellation fee. They had also made me pay a fee for amending some details a few days into it. Also because of this they made me jump hoops sending photos of my bike in the garage, and photos of documents that no other insurance company has ever made me do. Although polite on the phone they just repeat standard company policies, might as well speak to a robot. I had a bad… Read Full Review

“Do not use bikesure ever”

Written on: 07/07/2018 by dale-bikesure (1 review written)

Do not use bikesure ever they are holding me ransom for £50 that they are holding back on my insurance..Do not use you will be sorry..say no to bikesure… Read Full Review

“Not as good as advertised”

Written on: 12/02/2018 by gavinbrooks (2 reviews written)

Avoid them. They failed to deliver as advertised. They demanded pictures of my garage, paperwork proof etc. The valuation option is very expensive, I thought it was free as part of my insurance but it’s nearly £50 extra. I sent them emails and only half got answered. I requested some changes and none was applied. They cancelled my policy unexpectedly after I asked a question and now they demand hundreds of pounds. I only done 20 miles on my Trike in a couple of weeks and with my deposit… Read Full Review

“Terrible service”

Written on: 12/01/2018 by RobW86 (1 review written)

Was charged £75 for cancelling 6 days in (during the 14 day cooling off period) really bad service. Never use them… Read Full Review

“I received an email thanking me for renewing my...”

Written on: 15/12/2017 by carlhusted (1 review written)

I received an email thanking me for renewing my policy. I had not renewed my policy and immediately emailed back to say so, with the clear instruction not to take any money out of my account as I no longer use the vehicle, which is off the road. They took over £250 out if my account a few hours later. The next day, when I noticed, I called to get the money immediately transferred back by electronic transfer as I needed the money to get a train ticket and to pay my phone bill that was due… Read Full Review

“Terrible service stay well clear”

Written on: 08/12/2017 by PhilipHarlow (1 review written)

Hi stay well clear they have cost me hundreds I've had to buy my son another scooter and helmet after he was knocked off his 9th of June the other party addmited fault but he still has not been paid up in full every time I speak to them or plantec I get a different excuse and they say our premiums keep going up because of false claims… Read Full Review

“Bikesure - Never again”

Written on: 19/11/2017 by White337 (1 review written)

Needed proof of NCD but as previous insurance companies don't always provide it I had to reduce my NCD by one year. Less than 24 hours after taking out the policy the ADMINISTRATION charge for this amendment was £30 (reduced to £15 after I complained). The advisor spoke so quickly I had to ask her to slow down, but she didn't. The only information I understood was when she asked about other insurance… Read Full Review

“OMG !!!”

Written on: 16/02/2017 by john12980 (1 review written)

Simply the worst process in thirty years of riding , seems they want money off you for any excuse ,they pretend they don't have documents are unable to check your ncb on time even after you have sent them a copy ? They then say if there is a delay in getting the ncb from your existing company before your new insurance starts they will fine you whilst in the same breath saying they cannot check your ncb whilst the policy runs with another company (so how do you not get fined??? You have to… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to john12980's Review

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is appreciated. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the level of service you have received.

Unfortunately I am unable to trace your file but if contact us and provide your details we will ensure that your issues are investigated as soon as possible.

John12980's reply to Adrian.flux's Comment

HI
My policy is going thru (allegedly) 52177166862 .
I managed to get a copy of my ncb and photograph /email it to yourselves (have kept correspondence) -something you apparently cannot do - but I still have to wait confirmation.
I did ask if I could cancel my policy before it begins as I need smooth transaction but this would of cost me , I was informed , which I was surprised at as I have invested more time than yourselves as it stands.
I did ask to speak to the person who emailed me but was told they were not available and got dealt with by call centre staff (I assume).
Feel free to email or even phone me and I would be more than glad to share my experience with yourself.

“NO Claims not accepted”

Written on: 07/02/2017 by MT09 (1 review written)

I insured my motorcycle using my no claims from my own business motor trade insurance which I have had for 30 years - my motorcycle and myself are insured/ named on this policy. They will not accept my proof of no claims. They cancelled my policy and have charged me admin fees and for 7 days cover (I have not used my motorcycle). Apparently there was a box to tick on the page for motor trade, but nowhere is this shown on the copy documents I completed on line. I cannot understand why I my… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to MT09's Review

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is appreciated. I am sorry that you are unhappy with level of service you have received but the decision as to whether no claims bonus proof is acceptable or not lies with the insurer rather than ourselves.

I can confirm that it is not uncommon for insurance companies to refuse no claims bonus proof from motor trade policies and so unfortunately in the situation that you have explained we are unable to alter this decision.

“Attempted Rip Off”

Written on: 02/02/2017 by Lawndryman (1 review written)

Insured bike online to start in a few days time, at £68. Got email next day demanding 100 pound more because of a deer which hit my husband's car 3 years ago. Cancelled by email, 16 hours after I took it out and before cover started. Got email back with refund of £18! Called them to ask why I was being charged for a claim I didn't make. Was all a mistake etc. Really?! Cancelled anyway and still charged me £15 for their attempt to rip me off. We will be going elsewhere when the family's… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to Lawndryman's Review

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the level of customer service you have received.

Bykerchyk's Response to Lawndryman's Review

Written on: 03/05/2019

I cancelled a policy four days after paying in full when there was still two weeks before it was due to start, and they said they would retain £30 cancellation fee. Appalling greed and a rip off. Avoid this company.

“Stay clear”

Written on: 24/11/2016 by Tambrand (1 review written)

This is a company that has mastered every trick in the book to screw you out of your hard earned. I took out a policy online nit because they were the cheapest but because they offered the lowest excess. After taking out the policy and paying the deposit I received a text message at 9.02am threatening to cancel if I did not contact immediately. The matter of urgency boiled down to whether my garage was a garage or indeed a bike shed. I confirmed that it was indeed a bike garage designed to… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to Tambrand's Review

Written on: 28/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the level of customer service you have received and that as a result you have opted to cancel your policy.

Tambrand's reply to Adrian.flux's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2016

You leave this same standard response on every negative feedback you receive but you make no effort to contact or resolve the complaints

It's a generic response made to make you seem like you care but in truth you have the money and you no longer care

My case is now in the hands of trading standards

“Stay well away”

Written on: 07/11/2016 by Petermorrison123456 (1 review written)

Give you one price online then ring you up and put price stay away from them ... beware than change to cancel after one day… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to Petermorrison123456's Review

Written on: 08/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced but unfortunately I cannot trace a policy from the information supplied.

In order for me to do so can you please contact us and provide your details so that we can assist.

Tambrand's reply to Adrian.flux's Comment

Written on: 24/11/2016

This is the same standard response you gave me and is useless as you do not respond to calls or emails

Read 2 Comments

“Cheap, but not worth the hassle”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by KelvinAlvarez (1 review written)

Purchased a policy to start a few days in advance, ended up having to reconfirm everything I input on their website over the phone. Then got a list of ridiculous demands for information that I'd need to supply in 20 days or the policy would be cancelled - stuff like a photo of the bike in its garage, thatcham certificates, tracker certificates, DVLA check codes etc, all things no other bike or car insurer has ever required from me. Their online portal to supply this info didnt work, and after… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/07/2016

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is appreciated. I am sorry to hear that you decided to cancel your policy as a direct consequence of the level of documentation that we requested as well as issues you experienced with our online portal.

We realise that the additional paperwork does generate more work for both you and for us, but ultimately our customers benefit from our stringent quality control of new policies. It allows us to accurately underwrite a policy and provide correct cover and pricing, particularly should new information come to light which we were previously unaware of.

Over the years we have successfully negotiated large discounts for our customers and have only been able to do this because of the quality of business we provide to our insurance partners. It is vital that we protect these discounts, enabling us to continue offering our customers fantastic prices on great products. This is why we ask for copies of the various documents.

Read 1 Comment

“cancelled insurance due to rip of price when change bike”

Written on: 27/06/2016 by paulattew (1 review written)

been with you for a while went to change my bike and wow did you try to rip me off with the price got new insurance cheaper than the amount extra to pay just cancelled my insurance with you and yes you have ripped me off again… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to paulattew's Review

Written on: 28/06/2016

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is appreciated. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our level of service.

I have located your file and have reviewed the notes regarding your recent request to change your bike. As a broker we deal with a number of different insurers and I can confirm that the price we quoted was the best we had available.

It is always sad to see a customer leave us but it is understandable if you have found an alternative insurer offering you a more competitive price. Hopefully you will still consider us in the future.

“Rip off merchants”

Written on: 08/06/2016 by bigholly (1 review written)

I insured my first bike with them and been 1.5 years with them on that. I bought a second bike for when i passed my test. I passed no problems and went to stop the other policy. When called up to do so they demanded i pay the rest of the policy even though i will never ride the bike again and want to sell it on. I have decided to keep the bike until the end of my policy becasue i will be damned if they are getting my money for nothing. As soon as the other policy is due for renewal i will be… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to bigholly's Review

Written on: 11/06/2016

Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that you are not happy with our level of service and have experienced problems.

I would like to be able to review your file and offer assistance but unfortunately it is not possible to trace your policy from the information supplied.

Can you therefore please contact us and advise that your enquiry relates to this review.

Read 1 Comment

“I have not been contacted and notified regarding the...”

Written on: 19/05/2016 by RebekahBlackburn186 (1 review written)

The policy has been renewed without my consent, and i longer have the bike as it was sold 3 months ago so why would i have renewed my insurance when you have not checked if I am still the registered owner !!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/05/2016

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is appreciated. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service.

I would like to be able to investigate your file but unfortunately I am unable to trace your policy from the information supplied.

Can you therefore please contact us and make reference to this review.

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible costumer service , very rude staff , ”

Written on: 19/04/2016 by Starnet (2 reviews written)

Costumer service is terrible , very rude people , they don't try to find a solution . On line policy they have accepted and they cancelled it next day and make me pay £60 for nothing . Just for a simple misunderstanding . Isted of given me new citation price they vent for easy way to make money. You can not convince them you are using the bike for pleasure… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to Starnet's Review

Written on: 26/04/2016

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is appreciated. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with our level of service and that your policy has been cancelled.

It is very important to ensure that when taking out a policy online that all relevant information is entered correctly.

If you would like to discuss this matter further then please contact us and make reference to this review.

Simon

Read 1 Comment

“Rip Off, Waste of Time, Avoid at all Costs”

Written on: 22/03/2016 by David8110 (1 review written)

Adrian Flux / Bikesure, Be very cautious before insuring with Adrian Flux / Bikesure it has been a waste of my time and money. I insured my motorbike through Adrian flux / Bikesure online, completed all questions available honestly and was quoted £217 for my motorbike insurance which I took out through the website. I own two properties one in Wales and one in the Scottish Highlands, my motorbike is permanently based at my home in the Scottish highlands and stored in a garage, the bike… Read Full Review

Adrian.flux's Response to David8110's Review

Written on: 24/03/2016

Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is appreciated. I am very sorry that you are not happy with our service and can understand your frustration.

Unfortunately in a situation like this the insurance schemes that we have access to have specific rating criteria that mean we have to take into account both addresses.

I have been able to trace your policy details and will ensure we call you today to discuss this matter further and assist you.

“Rip off merchants”

Written on: 10/03/2016 by 176Dobson (1 review written)

Took out a bike policy online only for them to ring me up 3 days later to tell me that they could not insure me! They had my money and we're going to take an admin fee of over £40 even though I never had a policy. Now having to go through my bank to get all my money back. Nobody will ever convince me to use them again and I will spend as much time as I can letting everyone know how to avoid being ripped off by them as well. You have been warned… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/03/2016

When obtaining a quotation online it is vital that information is entered without any inaccuracies or omissions. We thoroughly check all business that is taken out online and if any discrepancies are discovered then we have no option but to amend the details accordingly. In some cases we unfortunately are forced to cancel the policy as the risk may become unacceptable to our insurers.

I have traced your policy and requested that a member of our compliance team call you as soon as possible to try and resolve this matter.