britishonlinesupermarket.com www.britishonlinesupermarket.com

2.7

“Non-existent goods and customer service”

written by nicolemacdonald75 on 13/08/2023

Order placed 30/07/2023, but the goods have not arrived. I have emailed and called twice to obtain an ETA, but have received no response.

“Do NOT use”

written by ABoyers on 04/08/2023

This company is not legit, I placed an order, my money immediately withdrawn, however my order was never processed and I have been unable to get any response from the company via any communication method and I have no way to secure a refund through their website. Recommend no one uses this site and it is reported to the police.

Nevadasmith's Response to ABoyers's Review

Written on: 03/09/2023

Same happened to me! And now their phoneline has been disconnected ! I had e-mailed them previously as i saw their manager had resigned they said they were still trading so i put in the order 28th july and no mails or nothing since either!! Took the money and ran!! If anyone else reads this !

Aboyers's reply to Nevadasmith's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2023

I contacted everyone I could think of to complain including citizens advice, no responses from anyone however I did receive a refund out of the blue into my bank account!

“I want my money back!”

written by MBBird on 01/06/2023

Well well well. British Online Supermarket - highly NOT recommend! I'm still waiting for my money back. It's just been 18 months now and 2 months since you said the owners changed and you were to take a look into my claim. Your response - blocking me on Facebook, deleting all of my comments and still not repaying me over 100 pounds for the order you never fulfilled. I want my money back and for anybody interested - I still have copies of message exchanges with the mentioned shop to prove how BAD customer service is on their site.

“Beware.”

written by TitusDawson1950 on 19/12/2022

If you live in the EU you need to read the Ts&Cs before ordering from this company. You may have bought from bigger businesses in the UK who look after the post Brexit customs mess for their customers. Although these people don't bother to point it out other than in the fine print of their TSandCs to they don't do any of that. They shove your stuff in the post and that's their bit done. I ordered some non meat products valued at £57 delivered, according to the British online supermarket invoice, and subsequently got communications from the Spanish customs asking me for all sorts of additional information about the products, which I gave them. I emailed the British online Supermarket a week ago asking if this was some kind of error and whether they could fix it, but have had no reply. I'd say don't buy here if you live anywhere where duty may be payable because it looks as though you will be left to deal with all of the paperwork and pick up the tab. Spanish customs are holding my stuff and having done all the paperwork myself they have now produced a bill for just short of €60 on top what I paid the British Online Supermarket for the product including delivery.

“No goods received ”

written by JeanGouldneeBurns on 01/12/2022

Hi it's a year ago that I placed an order of £205_00 with this company didn't get the goods didn't get a refund offer made for reshipment never materialised just thought I would let people know how they treat the people who put their trust in the company I have a years emails I sent with a few replies then they just ignored them the posts I left were flagged apparently telling the truth and trying to let people know is not allowed.

“Healthy product!”

written by Kierrah72 on 04/08/2021

Great Product. Quick delivery! Healthy product! And it tastes so good!I loved Their Service.I think they are customer centric with an excellent product! I would absolutely recommend the fish which, is both fresh and flavorful!

“Great Service”

written by PeterWilliams1989 on 25/05/2021

Great service considering BREXIT and COVID19. Very helpful customer service and swift delivery. One item was unavailable and I was refunded straight away. Will definitely be using again.

“Why can’t I give ZERO stars?”

written by Colemantz243 on 12/04/2021

By far, THE WORST e-commerce business out there. I waited over a month to get my shipments and NO RESPONSES from customer service. Then, I’m charged the FULL amount for my order and received ONE of the SIX items I purchased. What a crock! I will be doing everything I can to tell the world about how bad this co is and they’re a bunch of idiots. Who’s with me?!! Shut this business down! THIS is where we need “cancel culture”!!! If you can’t properly run a business, DON’T!!!!!!

“Poor shopping and customer service”

written by 32Conrad on 28/03/2018

An order arrived safely, but two separate items were wrongly supplied. The order contained 6 Sainsbury's Lean Ham 454grams; the shipment contained 6 200grams. The order also contained 6 Lord Sheraton Wood Balsam; the shipment contained 6 Lord Sheraton Leather Balsam. After some considerable time and wrangling the company sent the correct ham order. Emails concerning the Wood Balsam have remained unanswered. This company is not so much crooked as inefficient. The shoppers employed seem inefficient and the senior management is indifferent to Customer Service.

“Great value for money!”

written by PWilliams1440 on 05/05/2016

A great service with great value for money. Highly recommended.

“Very poor customer service”

written by notayummymummy on 28/12/2015

They delivered the order to my invoice address, not delivery address. Did not bother contacting me to check if this was in any way accepatble. Since then, they have simply not bothered to address the issue. Will order from amazon in future. Would NOT recommend using them.

“No refund for missing item”

written by on 19/06/2013

I've placed 7 orders over 3 years - usually around 150GBP. Delivery is quick and articles packed well. However there was one item (2.99GBP) missing from the latest order (total 202.71GBP). They have refused to believe me and have not given a refund. Emails have not been very forthcoming and they use the excuse that they're in my junk mail folder - but there are no emails there and ones they do send come through no problem. They say they know they packed it(and the weight was right) but I know it wasn't there - surely I would not have picked one of the cheapest items in the order to claim a refund if I was making it up! - also did they take the weight of the packaging into account? Given my history as a reliable customer I think they should have trusted me. I will not be placing any more orders wtih them.

“CANT PLACE AN ORDER CANT CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE EITHER”

written by PLUME on 25/02/2013

I've been trying to place an order with the company for almost two weeks in a row, I can get about three items into my basket and then the website gets stuck. No matter what I do..I've tried from several computers at home and no luck. Has anyone else had this problem.? I've tried calling customer service and there's an answering machine on. This site seems really good and it's very frustrating not to be able to use it. I can get into the different sections but as soon as I've clicked three times, it gets stuck and won't go anywhere for me. I haven't been able to complete one single order yet.

“Excellent Service”

written by on 02/12/2012

I use this company regularly and have found them to be helpful, efficient and quick. My goods have always arrived in good condition and well packed. I would highly recommend this company to anyone thinking of using them. They will even go as far as to add items onto their site if you request them! 5 stars and keep up the good work.

“Great Online Service....Highly Recommended ”

written by on 10/09/2012

I am a regular shopper with British Online Supermarket and have consistently received great customer service. Keep it up!!

“Best overseas supermarket”

written by on 09/09/2012

My daughter is overseas with her job and misses so many home comforts, I found this website and placed an order after reading reviews and I can only say they were brilliant, her chocolate and sweets arrived in super quick time and were in excellent condition. I have this website on my favourites and as my daughter travels around so will all her comforts courtesy of Mum and British on Line Supermarkets, a big huge thanks to them

“exellent servive”

written by on 07/09/2012

Great range of classic british and other food & drink. Very quick service, I will be shopping here again

“Poor Service”

written by Expatfinder on 31/07/2012

Frustrated with the service, there are better options online

Britishonlinesupermarket's Response to Expatfinder's Review

Written on: 31/08/2012

Please can you elaborate on your experience so we can help you.

“Good Service & Good Company”

written by SteveP27 on 15/06/2012

I was a little surprised to read the previous reviews here as my family has been using this company for a number of years now and we have always had good service. I think there has been one occasion where an item was no longer available and we were never charged for it. All our orders have been well packaged and have arrived very promptly after ordering. We have emailed them to request items that are not listed on their website and they have added them for us within a couple of days. There are very few websites that would be prepared to go that far for their customers. So overall I have been very happy using them and would recommend this company to anyone.

“I ordered food goods with this company and I have to...”

written by on 29/08/2010

I ordered food goods with this company and I have to say a good few items were out of stock (this is mentioned in their terms and conditions so read the small print with this company carefully) so I ended up with an order that was lacking many items but was unable to cancel. They just cancel those items but send the rest regardless of if you still want the order. The ones that were out of stock were the items that prompted me to place the order in the first place. If you want to use this company remember to check everything before you actually place the order. They take absolutely no responsibility for anything thereafter. Many of my emails were simply ignored. Poor show Britishonlinesupermarket!

Britishonlinesupermarket's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2012

It is clearly stated on our website that "We purchase our products to order. It is therefore not possible for us to indicate stock levels on our website. If you would like to check the availability of a product, then please contact us before placing an order. British Online Supermarket cannot guarantee the supply of product.

We do not substitute any out of stock products for alternative items. If you would like substitutions to be made, then please contact us and let us know at the time of placing your order."

You read this before you placed an order with us and confirmed that you had done so.

I don't understand you comment "They take absolutely no responsibility for anything thereafter." We deliver all orders with in the terms that you read and agreed and have not operated outside these terms.

We respond to all emails within 48 hours. Please check your spam folder.

Asked by susanyalcin on 14th November 2014 Report this content
What is the approximate delivery time to Turkey?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site