britishonlinesupermarket.com Reviews - www.britishonlinesupermarket.com

“Healthy product!”

Written on: 04/08/2021 by Kierrah72 (1 review written)

Great Product. Quick delivery! Healthy product! And it tastes so good!I loved Their Service.I think they are customer centric with an excellent product! I would absolutely recommend the fish which, is both fresh and flavorful!

“Great Service”

Written on: 25/05/2021 by PeterWilliams1989 (1 review written)

Great service considering BREXIT and COVID19. Very helpful customer service and swift delivery. One item was unavailable and I was refunded straight away. Will definitely be using again.

“Why can’t I give ZERO stars?”

Written on: 12/04/2021 by Colemantz243 (1 review written)

By far, THE WORST e-commerce business out there. I waited over a month to get my shipments and NO RESPONSES from customer service. Then, I’m charged the FULL amount for my order and received ONE of the SIX items I purchased. What a crock! I will be doing everything I can to tell the world about how bad this co is and they’re a bunch of idiots. Who’s with me?!! Shut this business down! THIS is where we need “cancel culture”!!! If you can’t properly run a business, DON’T!!!!!!

“Poor shopping and customer service”

Written on: 28/03/2018 by 32Conrad (1 review written)

An order arrived safely, but two separate items were wrongly supplied. The order contained 6 Sainsbury's Lean Ham 454grams; the shipment contained 6 200grams. The order also contained 6 Lord Sheraton Wood Balsam; the shipment contained 6 Lord Sheraton Leather Balsam. After some considerable time and wrangling the company sent the correct ham order. Emails concerning the Wood Balsam have remained unanswered. This company is not so much crooked as inefficient. The shoppers employed seem inefficient and the senior management is indifferent to Customer Service.

“Great value for money!”

Written on: 05/05/2016 by PWilliams1440 (1 review written)

A great service with great value for money. Highly recommended.

“Very poor customer service”

Written on: 28/12/2015 by notayummymummy (1 review written)

They delivered the order to my invoice address, not delivery address. Did not bother contacting me to check if this was in any way accepatble. Since then, they have simply not bothered to address the issue. Will order from amazon in future. Would NOT recommend using them.

“No refund for missing item”

Written on: 19/06/2013

I've placed 7 orders over 3 years - usually around 150GBP. Delivery is quick and articles packed well. However there was one item (2.99GBP) missing from the latest order (total 202.71GBP). They have refused to believe me and have not given a refund. Emails have not been very forthcoming and they use the excuse that they're in my junk mail folder - but there are no emails there and ones they do send come through no problem. They say they know they packed it(and the weight was right) but I know it wasn't there - surely I would not have picked one of the cheapest items in the order to claim a refund if I was making it up! - also did they take the weight of the packaging into account? Given my history as a reliable customer I think they should have trusted me. I will not be placing any more orders wtih them.

“CANT PLACE AN ORDER CANT CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE EITHER”

Written on: 25/02/2013 by PLUME (1 review written)

I've been trying to place an order with the company for almost two weeks in a row, I can get about three items into my basket and then the website gets stuck. No matter what I do..I've tried from several computers at home and no luck. Has anyone else had this problem.? I've tried calling customer service and there's an answering machine on. This site seems really good and it's very frustrating not to be able to use it. I can get into the different sections but as soon as I've clicked three times, it gets stuck and won't go anywhere for me. I haven't been able to complete one single order yet.

“Excellent Service”

Written on: 02/12/2012

I use this company regularly and have found them to be helpful, efficient and quick. My goods have always arrived in good condition and well packed. I would highly recommend this company to anyone thinking of using them. They will even go as far as to add items onto their site if you request them! 5 stars and keep up the good work.

“Great Online Service....Highly Recommended ”

Written on: 10/09/2012

I am a regular shopper with British Online Supermarket and have consistently received great customer service. Keep it up!!

“Best overseas supermarket”

Written on: 09/09/2012

My daughter is overseas with her job and misses so many home comforts, I found this website and placed an order after reading reviews and I can only say they were brilliant, her chocolate and sweets arrived in super quick time and were in excellent condition. I have this website on my favourites and as my daughter travels around so will all her comforts courtesy of Mum and British on Line Supermarkets, a big huge thanks to them

“exellent servive”

Written on: 07/09/2012

Great range of classic british and other food & drink. Very quick service, I will be shopping here again

“Poor Service”

Written on: 31/07/2012 by Expatfinder (1 review written)

Frustrated with the service, there are better options online

Britishonlinesupermarket's Response to Expatfinder's Review

Written on: 31/08/2012

Please can you elaborate on your experience so we can help you.

Read 1 Comment

“Good Service & Good Company”

Written on: 15/06/2012 by SteveP27 (1 review written)

I was a little surprised to read the previous reviews here as my family has been using this company for a number of years now and we have always had good service. I think there has been one occasion where an item was no longer available and we were never charged for it. All our orders have been well packaged and have arrived very promptly after ordering. We have emailed them to request items that are not listed on their website and they have added them for us within a couple of days. There are very few websites that would be prepared to go that far for their customers. So overall I have been very happy using them and would recommend this company to anyone.

“I ordered food goods with this company and I have to...”

Written on: 29/08/2010

I ordered food goods with this company and I have to say a good few items were out of stock (this is mentioned in their terms and conditions so read the small print with this company carefully) so I ended up with an order that was lacking many items but was unable to cancel. They just cancel those items but send the rest regardless of if you still want the order. The ones that were out of stock were the items that prompted me to place the order in the first place. If you want to use this company remember to check everything before you actually place the order. They take absolutely no responsibility for anything thereafter. Many of my emails were simply ignored. Poor show Britishonlinesupermarket!

Britishonlinesupermarket's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2012

It is clearly stated on our website that "We purchase our products to order. It is therefore not possible for us to indicate stock levels on our website. If you would like to check the availability of a product, then please contact us before placing an order. British Online Supermarket cannot guarantee the supply of product.

We do not substitute any out of stock products for alternative items. If you would like substitutions to be made, then please contact us and let us know at the time of placing your order."

You read this before you placed an order with us and confirmed that you had done so.

I don't understand you comment "They take absolutely no responsibility for anything thereafter." We deliver all orders with in the terms that you read and agreed and have not operated outside these terms.

We respond to all emails within 48 hours. Please check your spam folder.

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent service. We had been let down by other so...”

Written on: 03/08/2010

Excellent service. We had been let down by other so called online supermarkets, but this one didn't put on foot wrong. Delivery was quick and we were kept informed of our order. Highly recommended.

“Britishonlinesupermarket objected to my previous...”

Written on: 05/07/2010 by Expat shopper (1 review written)

Britishonlinesupermarket objected to my previous review asking me to prove that I suffered disgraceful service. I sent all the documents to the review centre to prove that this company is a disgrace and they have allowed me to include all the correspondence and dates. Here ' s what happened and I ' m sure after reading this you will think twice about dealing with this company. I have tried contacting those higher up but no one replies. They simply stopped responding. It has been a year now since I put in the order and I never got a response to why I was charged or any kind of apology from the company. I ended up paying over 200 pounds for a small parcel worth less that 80. I have replaced my name with M and his with A.

14/04/2010
Hello
I placed an order (Order Number: MM600120172524) to China on 7th April. I was wondering how long packages normally take to get here (DHL express worldwide) and whether there are any charges at customs that you are aware of. Thank you for your time.

15/04/2010
Dear M
Thank you for your email. Your order has left us today and will normally take around five working days to arrive. You will be sent a tracking number by email so you can check on it's progress. Very occasionally a parcel will get stopped and charged an import duty when entering China, but this is quite rare and normally only applies to orders of higher value than yours. So I am confident that there will be no charge and if it is stopped the charge will be very small. If you have any more questions then please feel free to email me again.

23/04/2010
Hello A
The order arrived today and we have experienced some problems: 1. There was an unsupported invoice from DHL with no supporting documents for a sum of 389RMB. They say it was for border tax but have nothing from the border to give me to support this except for a list of payments that anyone could have printed off. 2. The TESCOs Finest 240 tea bags were missing from the package. They refused to issue a confirmation and have taken the entire package away. Is this normal practice?

Thanks

28/04/2010
I am still waiting for my parcel. Could you please reply to let me know you are on the case? DHL have informed me that they are unable to get in touch with you.

29/04/2010
Dear A (do you have a surname?)
DHL have phoned me again to say they are unable to contact your company. I have given them this email address. I first emailed you last Friday. Do you actually go in to work at all? I would very much like to get my parcel. I paid extra for fast delivery and it is still with DHL and still missing items. I also still have to pay half the value of the purchase again as tax. You said it was rare and a really small amount. I don't consider 50% to be a small amount. I am getting very frustrated here. I think you need to consider your customer service procedures. I understand I am just a number to you but it is just not on to expect me to have to deal with all this on your behalf.
I hope I receive a swift response to this email. I really hope I do not have to take this to a higher level.
29/04/2010
Dear M
I have check you emails and the only one I have concerning this DHL issue is dated 28th. I contacted DHL to find out what the problem is and someone from DHL UK is trying to find out for me. We have had no contact from anyone at DHL regarding your order. I'm very am surprised at 50% charge, but I will need some more information to be able to investigate. Please send me the contact details of the person that you have been dealing with at DHL and I will contact them directly.
A (plus surname)

Hello A
Thanks
30/04/2010
A
I forwarded you the email from 23rd earlier. It is below. With respect it is hard to believe that you have received all my emails except that one and received none of the voicemails from DHL. They claim to have been trying to contact you for days. I asked them to just deliver the package and paid 389 yuan plus 11 yuan for their receipt???! So I have now paid an extra 400 yuan (38 pounds) in border tax and DHL receipts for a parcel which is only worth 90 pounds. The TESCO teabags as I said are missing. I hope this is cleared up as soon as possible as I'm sure you realise I am fed up with it.
30/04/2010
I have been dealing with Miss Wu - +86 (0)20 2839 2429
05/05/2010
Can you confirm that you received the 3 emails I sent you? First I forwarded you the email you claim not to have received. Second I Explained that I received the package and had to pay the charge.
Third I gave you Miss Wu's number.
05/05.2010
Dear M
I have got all 3 emails thank you. I have tried contacting Miss Wu without any success. DHL UK is also trying to find out why your package was stopped and charged. I will keep trying to get hold of Miss Wu or someone that she works with. As soon as I have any news, I will let you know.
06/05/2010
A
DHL China in Guangzhou phoned me again. They say that they have emailed and phoned you but they are unable to contact you. They also say that DHL UK have been unable to contact you.
06/05/2010
Dear M
We have received no emails from DHL and I speak to DHL UK nearly every day. Please forward me the names of the people within DHL that are making these claim.
A 06/05/2010
I already have. Miss Wu +86 (0)20 28392429. Bear in mind you also claimed not to have received my email too. That would be the first time ever an email from the hotmail server hasn ' t got through.
10/05/2010
A
Can you let me know what you are doing about my tea? This is ridiculous. I would like to know that it is on its way. I put this order in over a month ago. I appreciate you are awaiting news about why I was charged so much at the border but my package also arrived incomplete. May I remind you I have paid over 200 pounds for a delivery minus tea now worth less than 80. Frankly I am beyond caring about who in DHL is accusing you of what. I just want some answers, my order and some kind of compensation for all this.
11/05/2010
Dear M,
I still have had no luck getting any information from DHL. According to our records the tea bags were sent with your order, but until I get the information I need from DHL, it's very difficult to establish if they were removed in transit or if the mistake was ours. At the moment I feel it is too high a risk to send the missing tea bags again in case they get removed or incur more charges. I will arrange for your card to be refunded for them and as soon as I have any more information, I will let you know.
A 02/06/2010
A
This is taking rather a long time. Would you like me to phone China DHL for you? I have the same number I forwarded to you and they seem to answer the phone fine. Also I am intrigued as to why you only refunded the cost of the teabags and not the postage? It has been 3 weeks since your last email. I am intrigued as to why you can't seem to sort this out! DHL is a worldwide company and you claim to deliver to China everyday. Surely it can't be that hard???! I expect a prompt response from here on:
Why I have not been fully refunded
Why I was charged 50% tax
Why I was charged for a receipt
I am looking into ways to take this further now as it is just ridiculous.
M 20/06/2010
Can you confirm you received my last email? I am still waiting to hear from you. Note your last email informing me that you would 'let me know' was over a month ago.
M 01/07/2010
Dear A
Is there any reason why you are not replying to my emails? I am keeping records of all correspondence (or lack of) and I will report you and your company. If I do not have a reply and justification of the following within one week I will take further action:

Why I was charged 50% of the value of the package as tax.
Why I was charged for a receipt.
Why I have not been fully refunded for the teabags.
You simply can't treat people like this. It is wrong. I am returning to the UK in one week and will follow this up properly then.
03/07/2010
Dear M
As per my previous email I am still waiting for a response from DHL and as yet have no news. All I can expect back from them is a reason why you were charged 50% in import tax. When you placed your order with us you confirmed that you had read and agreed to the terms of our website and by doing so you accepted liability for any customs charges and import duty charged. I am unaware of any receipt that you have been charged for and you will need to send me the details for me to be able to provide any more information on this. I have checked with our accounts and your card was refunded for the missing tea bags on the 11th May 2010. As soon as I have any more information from DHL I will let you know.

Britishonlinesupermarket's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 04/09/2012

This is a spam review and completely fictitious. The Review Center have been informed.

Expat Shopper's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 14/09/2012

As I said before... This is the repost. The review centre have copies of all the original emails as they asked me to prove they were legitimate. I'm sorry you don't believe me but I assure you it is a simple cut and paste. I understand from the review centre that you have asked for my contact details and I have agreed to them supplying them to you. Would you like me to resend all the emails to you?

Britishonlinesupermarket's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 05/09/2012

We don't see any evidence of you "cut & paste" and believe these emails to be completely false. We respond to all emails within 48 hours. If what your saying is true, then it would seem that the route of your problem would be with the courier and you not wanting to pay import duty. This is always going to be the responsibility of you as the importer and not the company you purchase from. This applies to every business the world over. So why even go to the trouble of writing a bad review of the supplier that you buy the goods from in the first place?

Expat Shopper's Response to Expat shopper's Review

Written on: 05/09/2012

It's amusing that you call my cut and paste of our emails spam! Why don't you try responding to my emails and sorting the problem? As you know you objected to my last review as it contained names so this is the repost - cleared by the review centre. What exactly is fictitious? If the review centre will allow I will happily post it with full names and email addresses. I still have all emails on file.

Read 4 Comments