Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser Reviews

Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser - Ask a question now

“very expensive and unreliable”

written by loopyjess on 11/03/2012

I have a 3 month old baby girl, I bought one of these sterilisers, not impressed with it, it now only takes 2 miinutes, not working properly, would not recommend, very expensive to buy, and teats are also pricy. Would probably go for Avent again, many people have suggested they are very good and reliable.

“this product is awful, it breaks all the time ive had...”

written by on 28/04/2011

this product is awful, it breaks all the time ive had 3 of them in 3 weeks due to poor product, 1st light stopped working. 2. light didnt turn off unless u unplug it and the wall. 3. turned off after a min, do not buy as you dont even know if its sterlizing your bottle correctly, i wish i never brought it as it could have cause my baby harm due to not sterlizing propley.

please dont buy!

“this has to be the worst steriliser i have ever...”

written by on 23/01/2011

this has to be the worst steriliser i have ever used..i have 2 children!!
my daughter is 6 months old and i am on my 4th!!!! the light either stops working so you cannot tell when finished or it does not sterilise the bottles due to the cycle only lasting 1 minute!!!!!!!!

i would change to a different make but difficult as my child is used to their teats.

i have complained many times to mothercare but have had no response at all.

this steriliser puts babies at risk!!!!!!!!

“I've had similar problems to the other two reviewers....”

written by on 27/05/2010

I've had similar problems to the other two reviewers. Sometimes the light comes on but the steriliser doesn't work at all, other times it does, or it takes about 15 mins to work. Would definantely not recommend.

“I bought my Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser as...”

written by on 02/05/2010

I bought my Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Steriliser as part of a kit from Mothercare in December 2009 (my baby was born in January 2010). In March, the amber stop/start light stopped working and the sterliser sometimes didn't come on when the button was pushed or would sometimes take 15 or 20 minutes before it finished its cycle. I took it back to Mothercare with the original receipt and they happily exchanged it for me. I have the second Steriliser which has now just done exactly the same thing (May 1). I've emailed Tommee Tippee directly this time as I'm not sure if I should take it back to Mothercare again as this is something Tommee Tippee should deal with as it must be some kind of design fault (having just searched the Internet for this problem and finding the previous rating/comment on here). I have to add that apart from the fact that it has let me down twice now, when it was working, I had no problems with it - all my bottles for the day fit in perfectly and it only took 5 minutes for the whole cycle (hence my 3 star rating - if it hadn't broken, I would have rated 5 stars). Although I love all Tommee Tippee products, this is probably the most important one that needs to work properly. I've looked at the microwave version but this only holds 4 bottles (I use 6 each day).

“brought one off this new tommee tippee elertic steam...”

written by jasonx1 on 19/04/2010

brought one off this new tommee tippee elertic steam steraliser and thought great easy to do just got a new born girl . lasted 3 weeks and light broke meaning i never know if it works or not ... took it back to asda got refund and brougt new one from tesco had it a month light broke burnt all the bottles inside and heating plate . taking legal advice for composation for bottles lost as there all fautly ... DONT BUY THERE WASTE OFF MONEY AND DANGEROUSE TO USE WHEN THE LIGHT BREAKS .... BUY A MICROWAVE STEAMER THERE SAFER BEWARNED