West Yorkshire Dog Rescue, Huddersfield Reviews

West Yorkshire Dog Rescue, Huddersfield - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for West Yorkshire Dog Rescue, Huddersfield

West Yorkshire Dog Rescue, Huddersfield

“Dedicated and caring charity”

Written on: 03/06/2019 by Scout2019 (1 review written)

She is an amazing woman. Absolutely dedicated and the charity is committed to finding best home for the dogs. Committed foster homes. Really work hard to help the dogs as individuals and know them well. Knowledgeable and experienced and I was very grateful for her support in taking on my dog when I could no longer keep him due to his issues. She supported me when I needed it and my dog for which I am very grateful. Highly recommended… Read Full Review

“Charity Commision ”

Written on: 12/12/2017 by Scrutiny (1 review written)

There appears to be concern regarding how this company appears to be taking monies for the same dog over and over again on the basis of the client not meeting criteria or the animal being unwanted when that is evidentially not the case It is there necessary i believe to refer this matter to the charity commision in order to investigate ultimaately the welfare of the dog is of paramount importance… Read Full Review

“STAY WELL CLEAR”

Written on: 03/11/2017 by Reagan246 (1 review written)

Wish I had found this page before, recently i called yrdr I was looking after my daughter’s dog while she is over seas and was struggling due to lots of personal problems, which i informed them of . I handed the dog over and several hours later asked for him back, realised i hadade a massive mistake, Was told i could have him. went to collect him and told i couldn't, and I could not change my mind, I am worried sick about him, I have since heard of 3 volunteers who all packed in due to the… Read Full Review

“Ignored my application.”

Written on: 06/03/2017 by O'Rourkeql269 (1 review written)

My beloved little dog had to be put to sleep because of illness. It left a massive hole in our lives. I saw what I thought would be the perfect little dog on their website to fill that hole in our hearts. I filled the application form in and waited in anticipation . After a couple of days I messaged the rescue centre owner to ask if we had any chance of adopting the little dog. She didn't bother to reply and completely ignored both the application and my message. I am an experienced dog owner… Read Full Review

“Poor ”

Written on: 10/08/2016 by Julieanndog (1 review written)

got a small dog they said a vet had passed it fit. Within six weeks this dog became aggressive we took it to vets they said the dog had not been wormed and was very poor health it had been badly treated previous owners the advised to put the dog down. I was contacted by them to take another rescue dog. Within one hour of having it in my home I am a very experienced dog owner. It had bitten four people had a fight with another dog who was so badly bitten had to be put down. She said she didn't… Read Full Review

Yorkiemad's Response to Julieanndog's Review

Written on: 06/08/2017

We had a very similar experience with the second dog we rescued. The first had to be adopted away from his brother due to bullying we were told, the tiny Yorker we took home ended up having to be put diwn 4weeks later as he had several wounds that the vet believes were caused from abuse of previous owner despite us being told the rescue had had scans done and he was 100% healthy! We later found out his brother was in a similar situation with other adoptive family. Stupidly we agreed to adopt another dog a few months later with guarantees that the dogs are checked and are all healthy. A Yorkie Cross was handed to us after 10minutes walking, we hadn't even agreed to adopt and she informed us that they had already put a chip in our name! The poor thing attached our other pup and the vets believe he shouldn't have been adopted out at all and this has already been shared with the rescue! Cue abusivr messages to my mum having to deal with all of this by the person I dealt with. Despite the good intentions of many of the foster families and volunteers the attitude of the person I dealt with had soured our experience and we would not advise going to this rescue for your new adoptive dog.

“Would NOT recommend”

Written on: 22/02/2016 by HB93 (1 review written)

I have been thinking long and hard about whether to post a review, but this may help someone else. We rescued Benji in October 2015- Initially she was very nice and we spoke often about our requirements for a dog. She explained the donation was £100 fee, which was no problem. We had finally found a dog perfect for us, Benji the cavalier, the images we were sent of him were absolutely perfect, however it was all dependent on his heart murmur result from the vets (very important for us as lost 2… Read Full Review

Snot's Response to HB93's Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

Yes, this doesn't surprise me. I attempted to buy a rescue dog from this organisation. It was like wading through glue. Gave up and bought a pedigree instead.

“Awful”

Written on: 24/01/2016 by Tobinmb122 (1 review written)

i applied for a dog and was told I could have her despite several phone calls we found they had given her to some one else. They gave us another dog, the dog was nasty and after three months the dog was put down. I will not be applying again £160 for a dog was not charity some new dogs £400 I can get a pedigree dog for that. Some charity. Won't ever use them again… Read Full Review

“Absolutely fantastic! ”

Written on: 27/05/2015 by Danniclancy (1 review written)

The person at West Yorkshire Dog Rescue is absolutely fantastic and I would recommend anyone to get in touch with her. Due to circumstances my grandparents had to rehome their dog and she gave them advice and took him under her wing straight away! She also keeps in touch with me about how he is going on and she is very reassuring. Thanks From Danni Clancy… Read Full Review

“Very upset about the behaviour of the founder ”

Written on: 09/02/2015 by GermanLane (1 review written)

After applying for a dog on there Facebook page. I got a phone call asking me if I was at a child bearing age. I found this line of question very invasive. After the line of questions I was then told to come and view the dog I'd applied for, on the day of viewing the dog I had a phone call to say they had to rearrange the day without giving new date. I waited 1 week with no contact, I tried contacting the rescue centre and I got a text saying we'll be in contact soon. Another week past and… Read Full Review

Kathytrout's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2015

West Yorkshire Dog Rescue took advice from the police about the very threatening behaviour of this person and family and it was the police themselves that became very alarmed. They advised us that the threats were serious enough that if this family came to the foster home we should dial 999.
WEST YORKSHIRE DOG RESCUE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE OF VIOLENCE AND ABUSE AND ALWAYS INVOLVE THE POLICE IF THREATENED.

Jefferynorris's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2015

1. Look at all the other reviews on here. We are aware that we are not the only ones treated this way.
2.No police where contacted.
3.On the government website it says we can contact the founder of a charity if we have a complaint against the way we where treated you did not give this opportunity.
4. Thanks for you comment have a good day!

Kathytrout's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2015

The police were at our premises over this.

Jefferynorris's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2015

Go to the gov site and select complain about charity.
If you read the first line it says if you have a complaint against a charity to get in contact with them directly. We tried and you shouted down the phone before we could get to explain what had happened. Not realising that the complain we had was with yourself. We are in our legal rights to express what our experience was with the charity. Reading the comments below has given us closure to what we had experienced. Anyway that's all I have to say on the matter.

Read 4 Comments

“Avoid ”

Written on: 09/02/2015 by samanthajosephineclairekuc (1 review written)

This organisation is a complete joke. They give out foster parents address and arrange viewing of dogs then string you along for weeks. Then turn around and say you have failed the process and we won't give dogs to just anyone. Shouldn't the research be done on the adoptin family first before giving out addresses. A complain was made about the way the woman had spoken to my mum as my mum is a caring and giving loveable women. She then received nasty messages saying we had abused her and it was… Read Full Review

“Despicable Woman”

Written on: 23/01/2015 by KristopherMedeiros (1 review written)

If this woman takes an instant dislike to you before she has even met you, you have no hope of adopting a dog from her. She does not have a dog's welfare at heart (I don't think she even has a heart!). She is rude, aggressive, constantly contradicts herself and makes assumptions about your suitability to rehome a dog. To sum up, I was reduced to tears by this woman… Read Full Review

Samanthajosephineclairekuc's Comment

Written on: 09/02/2015

Your not the only one she did the same too our family and was completely off her head. Apparently we should expect a visit from the police because we complained about the way we was treated she turned on us saying we was abusing her. But she was the abusive one. Xx

Read 1 Comment

“Devoted and Thorough Dog Rescue”

Written on: 11/12/2014 by emmajones76 (1 review written)

We cannot thank this rescue enough! We are now the proud parents to our new rescue dog who is already a member of our family!The rescue are very thorough and really do ensure that the family and the dog are perfectly matched. You will be questioned. This is part of the process to make sure you are a good match and suitable. She is amazing lady. She deserves a medal. Thanks you West Yorkshire Dog Rescue - my husband and I are very happy :)… Read Full Review

“DO NOT TOUCH”

Written on: 07/09/2014 by yyMcLeod310 (1 review written)

jEKYll AND HYDE CARRACTER...... VERY WILLING AND COMFORTING WHEN TAKING ON MY DOG, HOWEVER WHEN TRYING TO CONTACT REGARDING THE WELFARE OF MY DOG, MY CALLS WERE IGNORED, AND IS ALL I GOT BACK WAS THREATENING TXT MESSAGES SAYING THAT I WAS GOING TO BE INVESTIGATED BY THE POLICE. WISH I HAD NEVER HANDED OVER MY DOG. SHES ONLY OUT FOR MAKING MONEY. STAY WELL CLEAR, THIS ISNT A CHARITY!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Debbielou111's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

My dog was also seriously let down by this rescue - see review of the events below (dog seriously let down by this rescue). I was also threatened with the police for harrassment despite only wanting information on what had happened to my poor dog. She was extremely rude to me for no reason whatsoever and looking at the other reviews there is clearly a pattern to her behaviour where she goes off on one and threatens everyone with the police and harrassment if she doesn't want to speak to them. She is seriously mentally disturbed in my opinion and should be sectioned. Help get the work out about this rescue by also leaving a review as she needs stopping. God knows how many other dogs have been badly rehomed because of this woman.

Read 1 Comment

“Absolutely shocking service and very very RUDE!!! ”

Written on: 07/09/2014 by 371Fletcher (1 review written)

I have rescued a dog before and sent it to this woman and she got a lovley home she was found being mistreated so I recommended her to a friend last week who has started having behavioural problems from her dog so he couldn't be re homed by kids, after explaining to my friend how great she was she decided to give it a go, she said she wasn't even going to re home him but keep him herself, we contacted her all week she had told the dogs owner she would keep in contact and let her know how the… Read Full Review

“Dog seriously let down by this rescue”

Written on: 08/08/2014 by Debbielou111 (1 review written)

Due to very sad and unforeseen circumstances I had the misfortune to entrust my beloved 7 months old puppy to the care of this rescue - the worst mistake that I have ever made in my life - and the consequences of what has happened to the dog i will have to live with for the rest of my life. She was placed within a new home within 5 days of leaving me - and I hoped that this was truly her forever home. I never really got an update on her and purely be chance I found some very shocking news about… Read Full Review

Babsticals's Response to Debbielou111's Review

Written on: 22/08/2014

We had problems with this nasty piece of a woman too.One of her dogs badly attacked our bichon ,ragged him around and nearly killed him! There was no reasoning with this woman,she screamed and shouted down the phone at me too,calling me a liar.How she has the nerve to say she loves dogs is beyond me.

Read 1 Comment

“Rude, judgemental and contradictory”

Written on: 18/02/2014

We approached West Yorkshire Dog rescue when we saw what we felt would be the perfect dog on their website and following a telephone conversation it was just a few days later that we met Trustee at the fosterers address. Upon meeting the dog we established she was nothing like her description and instead of a bouncy friendly dog, we were greeted with a nervous wreck. The dog had also recently had pups yet she hadn't felt to point this out on her advert or over the telephone. She was also… Read Full Review

Strangersarefriendsweareyettomeet's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2019

I gave my dog to a rescue when I was told he was on the wrong medication but my vet assured me he was on the right medication. Within hours I asked for my dog back, to be told no. I am all over facebook as being disturbed and mad and that it was a sham for money, utter rubbish, I purely gave him as I thought it was in the best interest of the dog. On speaking to my vet I was assured they were giving him the correct medication. I am now seeking legal advice, it has only been 2 1/2 weeks and I made a stupid mistake when I was at my lowest. I think that fostering and adopting dogs on Facebook should be banned and I will not stop until I get answers

“Nasty and judgemental ”

Written on: 18/12/2013 by RNates (1 review written)

To be clear, my issue here is with the owner of the West Yorkshire Rescue - and not the fosters who give up time, money and their homes to care for the dogs because she (understandably) doesn't use kennels. I applied for a dog that I saw on Facebook through a friend. I fit all the criteria and proved that the dog would never be left for more than 4 hours. After a very stressful phone call with her I was told that my application was declined (she refused to even meet me or come to check my… Read Full Review

“They care about money not dogs. NO STARS”

Written on: 13/05/2013 by Lozjd (1 review written)

On a rash decision we decided to find a new home for our dog. After putting out an advert and feeling as though it was in our hands they rang us. I thought it was odd a charity searching pet adverts. She bamboozled me on the phone from me saying he had nipped our next doors little girl to her saying he must be terrified of children and we must find him a new home as (in her words) if he's nipped it's only a matter of time before he will bite her face off!! I was shocked and went ahead when she… Read Full Review

Delightfuldior's Response to Lozjd's Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

I too handed my two dogs over to a fosterer of the rescue 3 months ago. I was in a bad place at the time and wasn't fit to be making serious decisions. Investment I just got a call and email saying TAKE THEM HERE.
The fosterer seemed ok but detached from my obvious distressed state when handing them over and she said I could change my mind. I spoke to her the week after and I told her I wasn't well and shouldn't have done it. She reassured me they'd be ok and I would be kept up to date of their progress. I then found out they'd been adopted by a Facebook status of the fosterer I was mortified. They'd not told me and when they did text I was told the dogs would have forgotten me by now!!!! I was devastated.
Still am Devastated as ive had no updates by a one line email. I'veade contact with her to ask if its possible to get them back and she exploded accusing me of abusing her and threatening her when all I did was cry down the phone to her for my dogs ;-((( she's threatened me with police action and court.
I believe I was taken advantage of. Both the manager and the fosterer knew I wasn't in a fit state so should have given me advice or a cooling off period. Instead they were adopted within DAYS. I miss my dogs do much I'm in abetted place and haven't gone by a day where I've cried for them.

Lozjd's reply to Delightfuldior's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2013

Your story sounds as though I'd written it myself. I was also distraught and just begging her to give us our dog back just hours later and she also told me that I was being threatening and she threatened me with police. I was gobsmacked like you as all I did was beg for my dog back and ask why there is no such thing as a cooling off period.
Your position sounds very similar to myself as I'd recently had a baby when I made the decision and not wanting to go into it with her my mum actually got involved and explained to her that I was suffering with post natal depression which lead to irrational decision making. It made no difference to her.
I was always told I could change my mind and with the state my mind was in I thought that was the best thing to do. It never crossed my mind she wouldn't let me have my own dog back especially just hours later.
Its terrifying that such corrupt individuals like this can run a business but call it a charity. I wish I knew what could be done to stop such an organisation going on. I tried to warn people on her Facebook site however she blocked me, removed my messages and when people queried what I'd written she wrote "sorry guys that person got the wrong charity"!! That to me proves she knows what she is doing is very wrong as if she actually believed what she was doing was right she would respond on Facebook not claim I was referring to another charity!!
I'm gutted for you as I know exactly how you feel. I just hope others google them and see these messages before they entrust this evil woman with their precious dogs.

Delightfuldior's reply to Lozjd's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2013

Your response is like reading my own story! I too had PND when gave my dogs up. I wasn't coping very well as it was and was going through a bad time with my baby's dad I wasn't in the right place to be making decisions like this! I have a consultation with a solicitor next week. If you wish to talk to me about this further, please contact me.
I'm so sorry you've gone through what I have. I just hope our pooches are loved as we loved them. I miss mine terribly. It's unbearable. X

Read 3 Comments

“A lovely small rescue, with dog welfare very much at...”

Written on: 22/02/2011

A lovely small rescue, with dog welfare very much at the heart of it. We got a small pup mongrel from Kathy and we were in fact very pleased we the way it all went, meeting the dog several times to make sure he matched with our other dog. As for the donation even there I was quite happy since they are a charity and I'm sure they need these to look after the other dogs in their care… Read Full Review

“We had a bad experience dealing with West Yorkshire...”

Written on: 10/02/2011

We had a bad experience dealing with West Yorkshire Dog rescue. We had specific requirements for a rescue and they found a match! Hurrah! He was good with kids, cats, dogs, recall, and house trained! Or.....non of the above. We have had our rescue dog for well over a year and he still is not house trained but is better in some other areas! We had NO support or follow up help - I feel let down that we were lied to about the dogs behaviour and needs but we can't and won't give up on him now we… Read Full Review