Hibiscus, Mayfair, London Reviews

Hibiscus, Mayfair, London - Ask a question now

“Probably best to avoid Hibiscus. ”

Written on: 24/01/2011

Probably best to avoid Hibiscus.

I had dinner in the private dining room with 6 friends just before Christmas. Whilst the food was great, the service from the sommelier was the worst I have experienced and verges on dishonesty.

The minor issue was the water that was provided - 7 people were charged for 19 bottles of water. I doubt that we drank nearly 3 bottles each on top of 13 bottles of wine.

However, my main gripe is what I consider to be a flagrant breach of the trust that exists… Read Full Review

“I visited Hibiscus a month ago and had a really...”

Written on: 05/01/2011

I visited Hibiscus a month ago and had a really disappointing experience - I emailed the restaurant the week after to convey this and, three weeks later, I still haven't had an acknowledgement of my email or the problems I had before and during the dinner, which slightly sums up the experience I had. It is very expensive, but I'd be happy to pay the cost if I thought I had got the level of service and dining experience that merits michelin stars. My unanswered email to the restaruant is… Read Full Review

“We were there yesterday, 27th March 2010. Both had the...”

Written on: 28/03/2010 by yavuzmutlu (1 review written)

We were there yesterday, 27th March 2010. Both had the set £48 Saturday lunch menu, which includes 3 courses, a glass of wine, coffee and petit fours. The setting and the general atmosphere was excellent, very calm, relaxing, quiet, unpretentious. We both had the ballotine of quail with fois gras for starters which was good, but then that was down to the fois gras, the rest of it was a bit bland and tasteless. My wife's main was the fish, which she thought was alright, but very salty. My issue… Read Full Review