Designer Sofas 4u Ltd Reviews

Media Gallery for Designer Sofas 4u Ltd

Designer Sofas 4u Ltd

“Deceitful behaviour ”

written by Mackenzie2013 on 09/01/2023

Bought a 3 x 1 x 1 £3500. 4 months later buttons coming off leather does not look real as shown and purchased, seats sinking and looks like I’ve had it for 10 years old, cushions seats and back don’t fit and settle correctly, the seat cushions move off the chair when sitting on it. I’ve complained months ago, reply was they would send Technician out to inspect, I’ve sent numerous emails requesting updates over the months without response, completely and intentionally being ignored. I find this company to be deceitful behaviour, not actually selling you what you actually ordered. I am taking my complaints further, with the intention of a full and complete refund with the additional compensation.

“AVOID THIS COMPANY ”

written by Susanoliveira on 15/12/2022

NEVER EVER BUY FROM THESE SNEAKY PEOPLE. I ordered a sofa for 1,200. I spent 45 minutes in a video call with a nice woman with pink hair choosing which studs would look best on the antique blue leather. When the sofa arrived it was NOTHING like the one in the picture OR the video call. It was a completely different leather altogether. The sofa was practically black. When I complained I was told it was the lighting and the sofas are made to order so I cannot get a refund. As soon as i complained there was a new photo uploaded to the site with the leather i recieved, both pictures are exactly the same model number. I will try and attach pictures of the the two sofas. I could only get a percentage back and had to pay for the collection of it. I received 750 back. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

“Fabulous service from start to finish. Would recommend!”

written by gtKeene398 on 26/07/2022

Very pleased with my order of two Queen Anne Chairs and a 2 seater chesterfield sofa - they were delivered on time as promised and feet were put on quickly and efficiently. Polite delivery team. Kept me upto date with the progress throughout. Keep up the good work!

“Do not buy from Designer Sofas 4 U!”

written by StevCl on 21/07/2022

I recently had a sofa delivered. One of the delivery men was very heavy handed with the sofa and damaged the windowsill to the left of my front door and the doorway to the living room. This was despite there being adequate space for the sofa to fit through. His colleague even pointed out to him that he hadn’t manuveured the sofa correctly. I couldn’t get through to the after sales team via telephone and so emailed them with photographic evidence of the damage. They refused to take responsibility and tried to blame the damage on me. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! It is not worth the risk to your home. On Trustpilot they responded with outright lies about warning me that it would be a struggle to get the sofa though the doors. I’m outraged that they would lie in order to avoid taking any responsibility for the damage. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

“Disappointing ”

written by DWTE on 08/07/2022

Four weeks for initial delivery, incorrect sofa delivered. Five additional weeks for correct item to arrive, item had been ripped and repaired with a sub patch on the leather, which was very visible. Wasn't a viable option for another month plus to go without a sofa so agreed for a leather dye to be provided (which I was assured would mask the damage) and refund of the initial delivery fee, very small amount of leather dye was sent out without any postage paid so had to cover the cost of this and it also hasn't covered the damage this was sent out from the factory with. Very disappointing service all around.

“Above expectations. Good Armchairs. Excellent Service.”

written by MrsMelling on 13/06/2022

Having read some of the reviews I was somewhat skeptical. I have never made a large purchase online. I did my research on the internet, requested some information to be posted out to me and spoke to advisors who helped me with my questions. Looking back I’m not sure what I got worked up about. I love my chairs and today I placed my order for a matching footstool. Thanks once again!

“Don’t be fooled by the prices ”

written by oiDavidson1984 on 28/12/2021

Please don’t be fooled by what seems… Please don’t be fooled by what seems good prices, poor quality, poor communication and very poor customer service. My Sofa arrived over six weeks late, even on the day of delivery they arrived 11 hours later that the agreed time. Because of my poor experience I made sure I removed all the packaging to inspect it before the delivery team left, I’m so pleased I did because it was damaged in 4 places. The quality is very poor and the way the company treats its customers is shocking. Wish I had taken a little more time to look into this company before parting with my hard earned cash, they have some very dubious terms and conditions and trade the same sofas under different company names. I’m now going to have all the hassle of taking this company to the small claims court to get my money back. Please don’t risk it, pay a little more for better quality and much better customer service.

“Bad workmanship poor inspection control if any...”

written by on 18/11/2021

2 seater Chesterfield couch and chair,so many problems ,no support under the seats,open up staples,1 arm bigger than the other,chair leaning to the right,open up staples under the arms,this is bad and unacceptable,neither are fit for sitting on ,would have been better to go somewhere else,sorry now that I didnt

“Best customer service”

written by Tez_45 on 20/10/2021

Brillaint service, cannot recommend enough! Our 3 seater chesterfield sofa and chair are perfect

“Refused full refund for item unlike website photos”

written by StephenH71 on 09/10/2021

Beware this company. They will charge you 30% for any returns stating every item has been made for tou. I bought a chair online from Winchester leather, a subsidiary of this company. The chair arrived over-stuffed, with gaps in the stuffing, no studs as per the photos online, and the overall design different from that advertised. I requested a return and refund and was advised that they could fix the issues but would keep a 30% deposit if I did not opt for this. They also stated i had not ordered the studs, despite this being the photo and no option to choose studs when ordering. The chair looked like it had been used and returned before, the seat pad was sagging in the corners. I have comparative photos that clearly show the difference between the advertised and actual item. The business plan is clearly to make money out of inevitable returns by refusing full refunds knowing that legal costs would be more than the money recouped. I would definitely not recommend these people to anyone.

“Fantastic furniture”

written by Richard110 on 13/09/2021

2 sofas and 1 armchair delivered recently look fantastic and for the price a real bargain. Delivery men friendly, helpful, and on time. Would definitely buy from them again.

“Shocking workmanship”

written by macbungalow on 21/07/2021

Last week sofa and chair delivered, within an hour contacted customer services of faults, staples showing, leather scratched, chair arm not connected to body, feet damaged. No apology and after 16 emails gave me dates to pick up and repair? ,I work for NHS AND CANT JUST TAKE TWO DAYS OFF especially now, Trading standards told me to request a refund after the viewing photos, they have refused will now have to ask bank to try and get money back or go small claims route, please do not buy from this company,

“please read before buying”

written by 449Rodriguez on 19/06/2021

i just want to share my experience with this company i made an order with them back in November 2020 i got it in February 2021it was 3 seater sofa, 2 seater sofa and 2 chairs all in black leather after 2 month the leather start to come off i have all the evidence in photos i reported it to them the send me one cushion and colouring to treated it which i know its not going to work and i will have the same problem again after the one year grantee i asked for a replacement they refused and they said that is normal they think that we never used a leather sofas before and how can it last for know i will will take it the matter farther and make a report to the consumer sales protection company because i paid £2000.00 please do not waist your money

Teresa72's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2022

Yes we had the same issue with the antique green leather, the lime green is showing thru where the darker antique is peeling off. We have had them out to do patch repairs etc. but still not sorted.

We paid a private leather company to treat and patch repair the antique leather but within 6 months the same issue happened, nobody and even professionals don't seem to understand why the antique finish and leather peels away on the seats, the sofas get used a couple of times a month. The structure of the sofas are nice, very comfortable but it's just the leather finish is an ongoing issue. We have had antique leather in the passed and this has not happened and all my extended family have antique leather sofas from other companies and it's not happened....

Read 1 Comment

“Stay away from this company”

written by 373Bishop on 20/01/2021

Please stay away from this company. The leather is of extremely poor quality. The customer service is even worse as they refused to take away their damaged products . They also do not regulate their sofas through a proper fire safety check. I have reported them to Trading Standards.The sofa was delivered badly no legs, stitched, scuffed , used and the delivery people were rude - I could not understand them. It has been a living nightmare purchasing through them. When I asked about the fire safety labels , they replied that it fell off all 3 sofas during transit !! By law it should be stitched! I am now stuck with 3 unsafe sofas with a disabled husband at home!

“My Arm Chair”

written by Barneypebbles on 20/07/2020

My armchair arrived on Saturday, so pleased and delighted with it. Exactly what I ordered. Deliver men were first class K.G & D.K. They had come along way to me in West Sussex . Should I need any future chairs and or sofas I will have know hesitation to us Designer sofas for you again. There sales team are very good at dealing with all of your requirements. A big thank you

“Beware and check your rights before you buy”

written by Miriamc161 on 29/05/2019

Designersofas4u The aftercare from this company is terrible. Bought a leather 3 piece suite and noticed the leather seemed to be too tight and after three days it appeared to be thinning and caused a welt within the leather. Reported this and sent an email with the expectation they would replace or repair. Sent a photo and received an email stating it was just the natural wearing of the leather and it was normal. Not one for complaining or reviewing I gave the benefit of the doubt thinking they are the experts. Three weeks later a black crack appeared another photo sent with an email stating I knew it was faulty from the beginning. I was told the crack must have been there and I had missed it. I asked for resolution and they came back with I cannot prove we hadn’t damaged it and there will be no resolution not even an explanation or a copy of their terms and conditions. On principle I am taking advice. Please get your rights before you buy from this company ie trading standards or citizens advice. It has put me off buying on line in future unless it is a reputable company. I believe they sold poor quality sub standard leather.

“Disgusting service”

written by O'Connellzh124 on 14/05/2017

Ordered a chaise two months ago. They tried to deliver a sofa last week. I would not accept it and argued with the worst customer service I have ever encountered. The call, which I made, got cut off! After almost two hours of hostile customer services, where they told me what was delivered was what I ordered, I decided to call my card provider to stop the payment. The customer service person told me I had to email them or send a letter cancelling the order and I would be charged for the cancellation. I told them not to hold their breath. I can see this ending up in court!

“Three months, 2 deliveries.”

written by otGarrett221 on 15/04/2017

Ordered a sofa. One month later It arrived damaged. Rejected it (much to the drivers' disgust - they tried to refuse and convince me that if I accepted it someone would come and repair it... - that didn't wash with me). Was then told by head office it would be repaired or replaced. One month later, new sofa arrived - but it wasn't - it was the exact one I had rejected. I rejected it. No apology. Third month, replacement arrives and is ok. Head office said they'd send me a leather care kit as a way of apologising. They never did. Three months, two rejected sofas. No idea how long it will last but for £600 I'm not expecting an heirloom.

“Horrble customer service”

written by jyWood1983 on 13/03/2017

This is the worst customer service we have ever experienced from any company. The customer services team lie on every occasion. We ordered two chairs and one of them came with a wrong cushion, for 3 months every week we have been calling and every time we have been advised - it will be sent out this week'. This carried on for 3 months and then they sent the wrong cushion. The customer services teams are rude and I do not think they know what they are doing. Only advice, do not use this company even if they give you for free......

“taking them to court ”

written by Careyev474 on 07/02/2017

received a faulty sofa on delivery, marked this on delivery note pointed out to driver who couldn't speak English , it was eventually collected and no refund given so now taking to small claims court the worst experience ever , do not buy from them and member of staff is very rude and awful customer service.

Jessielittlejess's Comment

Written on: 16/02/2017

Thank you for this honest review. Thought I had better check reviews for this company, deal sounded to good to be true. Am trying to find a Chesterfield sofa to buy. So many dodgey companies with shoddy goods. Hope it goes ok with court claim. Very annoying and upsetting experience for you.

Read 1 Comment

Asked by Njordan on 19th September 2021 Report this content
Does anyone know how to contact the Managing Director, he is not on LinkedIn?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by Jeanwatts on 31st August 2021 Report this content
Can anyone tell me where to find the Head Office phone number? Can’t seem to find it.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site