Awesomebooks Reviews - www.awesomebooks.co.uk

Awesomebooks - www.awesomebooks.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Awesomebooks - www.awesomebooks.co.uk

Awesomebooks - www.awesomebooks.co.uk

“thought they were pretty good but customer service is...”

Written on: 03/06/2022 by sayingithonestly (3 reviews written)

i've used for the site on & off for years. until recently i'd have said overall they're not too bad but their customer service is very poor!! emails are not promptly addressed/answered, when they ARE, if there's a problem (such as damaged items being sent) in general, i've been offered 10% 'refund'(!!!) - which is NOTHING considering many other sites are more than happy to own & take responsibility for issues by fully refunding without return or very close to it. unfortunately even with this raised with staff, they clearly don't seem to care. customer retention & loyalty appears to mean nothing to them which is extremely strange from a business operational sense (to turn away customers so readily). not impressed - they need to step up their game if they're going to last along with bigger book sites that value customer service more.

“Bargain Books Awesome Service”

Written on: 11/05/2021 by Mailordermom (5 reviews written)

Been using these for a few years now - always get a huge choice at rock bottom price - v fast delivery (2 days) Rarely had a problem - only once & got a reply within hours in evening & sorted v promptly. I like that they save many books from landfill & also donate books to schools worldwide. PS The website has been updated - vastly improved

“low price”

Written on: 07/05/2021 by Den-6 (7 reviews written)

site to purchase books, cds and even games at lowest price. They also give you refund within 30 days.

“Awful books”

Written on: 05/04/2020 by Keyonk147 (1 review written)

I got sent some horribly ruined books, one with completely torn hard cover, another soaked then dried and torn pages halfway through, a third with full-page dedication scribbled on the title page... then only offered a 50% refund of the price and ca 20% of the shipping cost. Avoid!

“Not awesome at all”

Written on: 22/06/2017

I ordered 4 books from this company, and they confirmed my order via AbeBooks. I later got 3 emails saying that "due to listing error, your book order was wrongly displayed as being available in our inventory. We have since searched extensively through our databases and stock to see if we can find copy of the ordered title. Unfortunately, copy has not been found." I guess such things can happen occasionally; but to happen to 3 out of the 4 books I ordered, and then to send automated emails (in the middle of the night) saying the above, seems to indicate that this isn't one-off but regular problem. In fact, even after telling me they had no copies, they still state on their AbeBooks listing that they have in stock 9 (yes, 9) copies of one of the books I wanted, and 4 copies of another. I contacted them; they refused to say why this had happened (or to deny that the false listings are deliberate), just said there was glitch and it's being sorted. Ten days later, the listings are still there! Seems to me that either their inventory and/or listing systems are badly broken; or they deliberately list books they don't have to attract orders. I've asked them to explain which but they just say "technical glitch". Either way, I now don't trust their listings and will avoid them in future. Awesome? Not!

“Book neber arrived”

Written on: 22/10/2016 by Ivanq318 (1 review written)

I purchased a book from this site about a month ago but it never arrived. I emailed their customer service several times but had no answer. Pretty bad, I am really disappointed.

“Book not available, 12 days to get a refund!”

Written on: 13/08/2016 by KarleeSilva259 (1 review written)

I ordered a book that was for sale on the website and then received an email saying it was 'not available' and that I would receive a refund. Had to email them several times when the refund was not forthcoming and received excuse after excuse. I had paid through paypal and had to go through the resolution centre to get my money back 12 days later. Would advise anyone to shop elsewhere!

“Book stuck down in packaging offered 50% off price ”

Written on: 18/03/2016 by Adrienne108 (1 review written)

Very bad customer service

“Terrible Seller Merchandise In Bad Condition And They Lie”

Written on: 29/11/2014 by wwwzzz (1 review written)

Bought a book from them on Ebay. It was in terrible condition. They promised to refund after I returned it. They lied and I had to call Ebay. Still out the return postage. Don't do business with them!

“GREAT BOOK SITE”

Written on: 02/11/2014 by KassidyStout213 (1 review written)

I think Awesome Books are great price books, good delivery times and books I received were in good condition. Oh and I received 20% discount. Thanks Awesome. I will certainly buy again from them.

“Awesome Books fiction & facts ”

Written on: 29/10/2014 by 186Hampton (1 review written)

Having found and used Awesome Books website to at first find a reference book, I have been very pleased with the ease of ordering, quality and condition of the used books promptly sent and of course excellent value for money. I have received several books, both reference and fiction, with just one issue, delivery arrived on fourth day after ordering instead of the usual third, which was resolved politely and promptly using the web sites various contact options.

“Library at your Fingertips”

Written on: 13/09/2014 by Wright411 (1 review written)

I have always preferred to hold a book, rather than just read it - i.e. digitally. I am very pleased with all my purchases from yourselves. The fact that delivery is free is a great incentive for me. However, your shipping details state standard free UK delivery as two to five days. On the last couple of occasions when purchasing books, I have become concerned when the book(s) have not arrived and have resorted to e-mailing your customer services' department. The books have of course arrived, usually within a day or so of my e-mail. My point is that perhaps you could consider stating that delivery could be, say, five to seven days. I do not think this would be a deterrent and would put one's mind at rest. This is just a suggestion. Thanks.

“communications and service”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by Donovan467 (1 review written)

Always found good comms and quick responses to enquiries.top rate service.

“I am very satisfied with the purchases from you. I...”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by 373Flanagan (1 review written)

I am very satisfied with the purchases from you. I gladly recommend your company to my friends.

“overall rating number 1 shop - customer satisfaction...”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by rnum25 (1 review written)

speedy processing, policy returns refund goodwill, enquiry responds reply answers, good offer options alternatives, plenty selections, price discounts lower than bargain, code vouchers dicounts flash sales emails offer low prices reductions ...and some more +100% happy shop shop shop

“Great value and service”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by brickie10 (1 review written)

Great value and service

“MY BOOK GOT LOST AT THE POST BUT THEY SENT ME A NEW COPY!!”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by Dextera105 (1 review written)

wHEN I EMAILED THEM THAT I HADNT YET RECEIVED MY ORDERED THE REPLIED IMMEDIATELY AND THEY SENT ME ANOTHER COPY. ALSO BEST PRICES EVER EVER IN USED BOOKS!!!!

“I have purchased many books from 'Awesome Book' and I...”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by EllianaDelaney258 (1 review written)

I have purchased many books from 'Awesome Book' and I am very happy with all items received. I will and do definitely recommend to others.

“Amazon purchase never arrived”

Written on: 25/05/2014 by Brian9025 (1 review written)

May 12 ordered book from Amazon in the US. May 25 book still not arrived, no tracking info supplied. When questioned told it was probably lost by USPS carrier.......and its out of print and no other copies available. But when checking on Amazon for other copies, guess what Awesomebooks does show another copy up for sale. Not a smart seller. DO NOT BUY OR EXPECT DELIVERY

“BRILLIANT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!”

Written on: 15/05/2014 by Maggie55May (1 review written)

I ordered a book from this company back in February and because it was one item of several ordered from Amazon at the time, I failed to realise it did not arrive until 3 months later. As it was my fault for not noticing this before, I really did not expect a replacement after all that time but contacted them anyway. They replied almost immediately to say the item had definitely been despatched at the time but it must have gone astray in the post. They said they would send a replacement immediately! And they did just that - I received it just 2 days later! Very impressed with such excellent customer service and would definitely order from them again. Fantastic!!