Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk
4.5
Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

“No good support once they have your money”

written by Kailax256 on 05/02/2024

1- Fist time holiday with HolidayGem was good without any issue, but second time when I booked with them and paid in full. Next day they called me and asked for another £189 saying the prices have changed. 2- When we asked for cancellation due to some issue with visa, they refused to pay back. When we asked for change of dates or destination, the also refused. When we asked for change of some names in the booking, they tried to charge us double the price Airline was charging. 3- When we asked them to change few people name on hotel booking, first they said that they have send email to their supplier, later on when we were at destination, they send an email saying their supplier has not accept name change and we need to make new booking with them. At the end we had to make new booking with the hotel and all paid money was wasted. 4- Their transport in Sharm El Sheikh is very bad. On our returuned they send a message the they will pick us 3 hr 45 minutes before flight departure and I send back a message that this is very early and we want them to pick us up 3 hours before departure time. The driver still come very early and they ignored my message. When we said to wait for us 15 minutes, he left without saying anything. When we called, they said they will only come back if we pay 600 more. They know that you have no other choice and will miss the flight, so they charge you double for what you have already paid.

“Took £1754.00 for a holiday that the flights had sold...”

written by MelodyMassey on 11/10/2023

Took £1754.00 for a holiday that the flights had sold out before they could complete. Offered a full refund but 3 weeks later had only paid back half, Having mad countless calls to customer services I am still almost £1100.00 out of pocket a month later. Charlatans the lot of them . I am about to send out court claims to the Directors. Don’t use them. And I am prepared to stand by this.

Written on: 16/10/2023

Melody thank you for your review, it would appear that this is a very isolated case of your booking record not having been administered properly but it is now dealt with and full refund given. We most sincerely apologise for the delay and once again we regret your experience which has also been conveyed in a call from our sales manager.

“Great communication ”

written by LeslieFischer209 on 13/09/2023

Having had a bad experience with another holiday provider he made this one very simple and easy ????

“Fabulous team”

written by CLees on 03/09/2023

I booked a last minute holiday, mistake made with the rooms. Holiday Gems were fab. Sorted my booking, he was amazing, sympathetic to my issues. Re booked as I wanted. Soooo, grateful and very happy with service. Thank you, Thank you.

“Avoid Holiday Gems ”

written by v8rumble1 on 20/06/2023

Booked a holiday to Tunisia. Flight delayed 5hours. Informed Gems while in UK to make sure transfer aware. Got there at midnight no transfer only TUI reps and one taxi driver. Called emergency number told to call transfer company ourselves. Very helpful taxi driver tried to find our transfer but nowhere to be found. He then took us part way to resort and we changed taxis with his mate who dropped us at resort. Contacted gems to be told we must have been a no show, so how were we in Tunisia? Made a complaint they have now told us the transfer company were waiting for us. The airport was deserted. It cost us £40 for the taxi but did not get to resort till 3am. They would not even refund the £9 that the 3 minute call cost to the emergency number. We are a couple in our 60's and we were left high and dry by Holiday Gems. Avoid at all costs and stay with the named companies instead of these confidence tricksters.

Customerliaison's Response to v8rumble1's Review

Written on: 26/06/2023

Hello we are disappointed you place this review since upon investigating we did discover that you had not followed the correct process to receive your pre booked transfer when you could not locate it. Under the circumstances, we are unable to refund the costs you describe as the service was available to you. We must strongly refute your comment about being confidence tricksters, we sympathise that you overlooked the requirements but there was a clear process in place to receive the service you paid us for and neither ourselves or the supplier are found to be at fault and warranting reimbursing you.

V8Rumble1's reply to Customerliaison's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2023

Your process involves us contacting the supplier at great cost to phone them.
After midnight after a 5 hour delay nobody but us and TUI passengers and reps plus one very helpful taxi driver kin the area.
The process is basically self service but not mentioned in the booking when the money was taken.
What service did we pay for?
Your emergency number told us to sort it ourselves!
We weren left high and dry once out of the UK with no assistance whatsover.
Forgot to mention that Holiday Gems had the transfer booked for the wrong airport up until 3 days before we flew?
Go figure what sort of service you will receive.
Stick with the real travel companies at least there is someone to hekp you in times of need should you require it

“AVOID”

written by 143Collier on 27/04/2023

Initially the agent that dealt with me was polite and quick at responding , clearly because he was getting the commission from the booking.....unfortunately it all went dowhill from there. Too many things to mention and the whole process leading up to the holiday and even at both departing airports was exhausting trying to sort their errors out. Both airports are aware of the companies mistakes and were extremely astounded that they didnt follow guidelines - they have made notes for future reference in case they come across any similar issues again. I personally will never use Holiday Gems again or will I recommend them to anybody. I'll stick with more reputable bigger companies in future - never had issues with Tui so this is who I will be booking with again very soon.

Written on: 02/05/2023

Hello, we are sorry to see this review and trust that the content has been raised via our usual channels to allow full investigation into the claims made here. In order to address this please provide your booking reference, thank you

“Cancelled my holiday without telling me”

written by Myliei55 on 24/04/2023

Didn’t get any confirmation 72 hours later.. so rang them 5 times in a week.. no one rang me back till today It was the manager and he was going to sort it in hand a hour .. 4 hours later still waiting Rubbish company

Written on: 02/05/2023

We are sorry to hear this, occasionally there can be delays striving to confirm the arrangements required which is beyond our control. However, if you are unhappy we trust that you have emailed or contacted our sales or customer service team to address this.

“Agent at holiday gems”

written by Banksy1717 on 05/04/2023

Just wanted to share my experience, had a great experience with an agent from holiday gems, very helpful guy and was brilliant from start to finish thanks so much

“Excellent service professional and helpful”

written by carolineblair_x on 03/04/2023

I was really pleased with how easy it was to book a holiday with Holidaygems and especially with the service provided by Agent who was very helpful, polite and went out of his way to make sure I was able to book a holiday suitable to my families needs.

“Do not book!! ”

written by Lancasterqi466 on 05/12/2022

I had a double booking where two deposits were taken online of which 1 was an error. When i called up to explain, their intention was to keep both deposits. I did not ger my money back £260. Devastated.

Written on: 06/12/2022

We are sorry you have chosen to place this review. Our website is clear where arrangements are confirmed with suppliers and that there can be immediate associated non refundable costs which because of this we cannot ourselves refund. We sympathise with the error made.

“DO NOT BOOK WITH HOLIDAY GEMS”

written by KadenO'Hara on 30/10/2022

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH HOLIDAY GEMS DO NOT BOOK THROUGH HOLIDAY GEMS! They did not inform us that our return flight had been cancelled. We had to find out the day before our departure when they had been aware of it for nearly 2 weeks! Therefore all the alternative options for flights back into Manchester had been booked up and we had to pay an extra £2,000 to get a flight back into Leeds Bradford. I spent 7 hours contacting them, they put the phone down, cut me off, told me their systems were down, or to cancel and forfeit our outbound flight cost and holiday. They do not adhere to the package regulations protection of The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 - you may as well book your own flights/accommodation/transfers directly with suppliers separately and at least you will have transparency when anything changes/cancels. I am taking this further with ATOL and a solicitor if they do not reimburse!

“Simply Amazing ”

written by LawrenceCW on 28/10/2022

Got more nights for less money amazing hotels all inclusive and my agent was just so awesome and attentive would highly recommend to friends and family

“Severely Over charged ”

written by Sparks81 on 27/07/2022

Do not book a holiday with this company ! We booked a holiday ti Tenerife before covid lockdown and had to change a couple of times , we then got it changed to a beautiful 1 week holiday to Croatia in the Sheraton Rivera , it cost 3,400 for bed and breakfast only but it was 5 star …. My partner lost his job and as this was only bed and breakfast I called holiday gems to get all inclusive or half board on a different hotel … we eventually changed to a 4 star hotel but discovered there was no transfers no baggage included and it cost 3.260 when the price on the website was half that …. I had to argue with them for them to include a transfer and 1 x 23kg bag ….. which wasn’t really enough but we made do …. The hotel was nice and we got half board so breakfast and dinner but no way was it worth over 3,250 pounds , we paid over a thousand pounds more than we should have …it’s done now but I would never ever use them again .

Written on: 01/08/2022

Whilst we have always guaranteed that we would not charge our own admin fees for any Covid related changes, we are unable to absorb any extra charges incurred with the airlines and other suppliers charged at the time of the change. Whilst we sincerely regret that the pandemic so impacted on your holiday but unfortunately, this is a matter over which we have no control and could not have foreseen at the time of the lockdown and subsequent knock-on effect.

“Avoid like the plague ”

written by Isaacmckenzie on 15/07/2022

AVOID !!AVOID !! AVOID!!! The agent sold me a holiday that didn’t exist. I booked this holiday for my wife’s birthday and was extremely disappointed when he then called me back to say that he couldn’t honour the holiday due to no room in the hotel or flights available. He said that he had refunded my payment of nearly £1,000 and it would be in my account in the next 3-4 days . Over 21 days later I am still waiting and have emailed him on several occasions without any response. I booked the same flights and same hotel online direct and managed to get the holiday we wanted so don’t understand . Holiday Gems have taken my money and not given it back . I would recommend that people look elsewhere to book their holidays as Holiday Gems and their rep are totally untrustworthy and will take your money without having any interest in helping or refunding you . Extremely dissatisfied and will be taking the matter to the highest bodies to ensure this doesn’t happen to their people.

Customerliaison's Response to Isaacmckenzie's Review

Written on: 25/07/2022

As you are aware the refund has been processed and should be showing in the original card account. Please contact your back in the first instance as the funds have left our control

“ONGOING CMPLAINT: THEY HAVE HADSTILL GOT £900 OF MY...”

written by danbeeby on 04/07/2022

ONGOING CMPLAINT: THEY HAVE HADSTILL GOT £900 OF MY MONEY FOR OVER 2 WEEKS NOW, WITH NO HOLIDAY TO SHOW FOR IT!! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. I was so shocked to check out reviews for this company to find they are positive....that was until you look and see that 95% of the reviews are from people that we're 'invited' to do so. All the genuine reviews from people not invited are AWFUL. I paid a £900 deposit online 2 weeks ago, and this company called me the next day to say the price had gone up as the flights are more expensive. I looked online and shock horror, they lied! The price of the flights was the same with Wizz as the day before so it was clearly just a ploy to get people to part with their money. I told them politely I wanted the price I saw online, and their agent HUNG UP on me after telling me he's cancelled it. No explanation, no search for another holiday option that was cheaper and no confirmation of when my money would be returned to me. I Called back a few days later, and spoke to another chap who apologised, and told me he would check it all out and call me straight back....SHOCK - no call. I called back again and spoke to a lady in customer service who was slightly better and tried to help...but she couldn't understand why the money hadn't come back in to my account. She asked me to call back the next day and ask for a manager. I did this, and was told there in nothing a manager can do and to speak to my bank. After this wild goose chase, I started a dispute with Monzo (my bank) and they told me they are concerned the money hasn't been released yet. I'm starting a dispute now, and have asked for documentation to prove they have sent me my money back... Absolute DISGRACE, when booking a holiday after the last few years should be a positive and pleasant experience...

Customerliaison's Response to danbeeby's Review

Written on: 11/07/2022

Thank you for your review. As you are aware this issue appears to be a bank-to-bank issue and is in hand.

Danbeeby's reply to Customerliaison's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2022

No, that's not the issue. The challenge has been the abhorrent service I've received from the staff in your call centers in between the mistake with your finance team and my bank. Nobody calls you back, nobody takes accountability, nobody investigated when i told you there was a problem, and nobody cares. The only human that has helped at all, is a chap...who very helpful...but even he has failed to get someone to contact me back twice now. I was told on Friday I will get a call back in 10 minutes, good job I'm not holding my breath. Shameful. I have no money left, not sure how I am going to get through this week. Let's hope something magic happens.

“Very poor Experience”

written by Elliottrw369 on 19/06/2022

It is a horrible experience to book holidays with HolidayGems. After you book and pay on the website you get a call the next day to find out that you have to pay an additional charge for language and that there is a surcharge that they can not explain per person too. Everything is not explained on the website at all and such practice is as well against the law in the UK. We would not be using them again after experiencing being in 5 star resort in Turkey which runs an as well a money-saving concept. So many basic things you should simply expect for a 5 star holiday were not included in the amount you paid. And most miss leading the holiday was sold and advertised on the website as ULTRA ALL INCLUSIVE. But you paid for WiFI, No Mini Bar just cheap water bottles in the room. Cantine food no 5-star food. Air-Con had to be repaired 2 times, sower had to be repaired 2 times. Because the rooms that Holiday Gems is booking are outdated and have not been upgraded years ago. Never seen such a greedy resort. And we make holidays in Turkey every year. Been suing Holiday gems for the first and surely last time. We do NOT recommend using them at all.

Written on: 20/06/2022

Whilst we are unable to access the booking, (and note that this has been posted on other review sites,) we would advise that our online booking process is transparent and legal and explained in the terms and conditions to which you agreed and also on the summary sent on submission. We are unable to address the issues claimed regarding the hotel and would recommend that a formal complaint is submitted as per our FAQ's and Terms and Conditions

“sold fake holiday”

written by brettbrett45 on 10/05/2022

were told we had all inclusive plus which includes International drinks ,when we got to the hotel they informed us they do not do plus, if we were told this we would never booked it

Customerliaison's Response to brettbrett45's Review

Written on: 23/05/2022

The agent advised, on a recorded call, that the all inclusive plus did not include premium drinks but did include other benefits and this call has been sent to you as proof. The matter has been investigated and our complaints team have found no basis for your review. We regret that the matter has been closed.

“Great service ”

written by Linezy on 24/02/2022

Hi Ref PWFF1 Our holiday had to be cancelled because of the covid pandemic and we were obviously worried but the representative dealt with us very professionally and transferred it to 2022 so in a months time we should be soaking up some much needed sunshine.

“Agent advisor took my credit note from last year and...”

written by Lesterryd on 22/02/2022

Agent advisor took my credit note from last year and booked break to Poland for me and my family. He kept costa in my credit and I incurred no extra costs. He went above and beyond here with his patience and effort in sorting everything out stress free. Amazing customer service and I recommend other agents learn from him.

“Thanks for your help. You were quick and have helped...”

written by Jadefisher89 on 04/02/2022

Thanks for your help. You were quick and have helped my family get what they need for a long awaited trip

Customerliaison's Response to Jadefisher89's Review

Written on: 07/02/2022

Thank you for the positive comments. We are delighted that we cold meet your needs and trust that you will have an amazing holiday

Asked by Cecilia11 on 3rd May 2022 Report this content
Can I request an outer seat? I have a hip problem and I need to stand up frequently and don’t want to disturb people having to passover them.

Asked by JPacer on 6th April 2022 Report this content
Looking at hols to Turkey, there is no mention of baggage allowance/cost and no option to add it on. How do I know if it’s included please?

Asked by bernico on 8th September 2021 Report this content
Is baggage included?

Answers (2)
Report this content mulderat Written on: 09/09/2021
I don’t know what you booked but I would seriously question using this company as they didn’t refund customers ( me included) through the pandemic. Personally I would never book anything again through Holidaygems.
Report this content darklife1 Written on: 09/09/2021
No, baggage is not included and Holiday Gems have a rather convoluted way of arriving at the final price for a holiday that tends to add quite a bit more to the initial cost. Baggage can be added later in the booking process but it is rather hard to find. Having said all that, I would personally give Holiday Gems a wide berth if you are in any way concerned about getting a timely refund if things go wrong. I was expected to wait over 6 months before I could even start the process for a refund. In the end I claim the money back through my credit card. Beware.
Asked by richardwall on 3rd April 2019 Report this content
They do not show luggage prices. I am deaf, Icannot use phone need to sort it out. Can anyone help?

Answers (4)
Report this content Andy148814 Written on: 05/04/2019
Don't bother booking your luggage through holidaygems.. It will cost £75.00 per suitcase. Instead, if your on a Thomas Cook flight, go directly to their website and enter your flight details, you will then be able to add your luggage directly with the airline, for a price of £50.00 per suitcase. It should be the same for other carriers... Print and save your luggage receipt, and take it with you, just in case. Hope this helps...
Report this content Bazzarend Written on: 05/04/2019
They usually price them on checkout or buy from airline your flying from
Report this content JulieandTom Written on: 05/04/2019
I think you have to contact the airline to add luggage hope that helps.
Report this content judyreid2000 Written on: 27/06/2020
why can't I use my credit voucher to book another holiday. I have tried to book a future holiday to Spain using Vueling and have been told they cannot book the holiday
Asked by moosmoo on 6th April 2018 Report this content
Is it usual for a representitive of Holiday Gems to phone if you fail to complete an order?

Answers (1)
Report this content JulieandTom Written on: 09/04/2018
They will ring to see if you have a problem with the holiday you are looking at and if you have found the holiday cheaper somewhere else they will price match it.
Asked by kazcuth on 27th September 2017 Report this content
I am wanting to put baggage through on their site. How do I do this?

Answers (3)
Report this content Andy148814 Written on: 28/09/2017
This is easy with several options... Ring holiday gems direct, they will charge £35 per suitcase, each way. Thats £70 return for EACH CASE. If your flying both ways, with say THOMAS COOK AIRLINES, ring the airline directly and add your luggage, this will cost £25 per case each way, thats £50 return per case. If you flights are with 2 different airlines, it may be worthwhile getting a price off each airline before you go through holiday gems. I saved over £40 doing it this way. You will need your flight details and lead passenger name to add cases to your flight. I hope this has helped.????
Report this content tracyfellows Written on: 28/09/2017
Ee booked through Holidaygems and had to book our baggage through the airline. Hope this helps.
Report this content trustytraveller Written on: 29/09/2017
I emailed them, asking if hold baggage was included in the final price I had obtained online. Someone got back to me with a price including hold luggage, saying that a few suppliers on their website did include hold luggage in the price. The email answer also contained a telephone number which I used to ask additional questions. Holiday Gems were very helpful.
Asked by jraycheshire on 18th July 2016 Report this content
Can anyone tell me please if there is normally a vast difference in cost when holiday gems get in touch with you? Also, I'm assuming you are not commited to buy unless you are happy with final costing? Thank you

Answers (7)
Report this content halfnote Written on: 19/07/2016
I have used Holiday Gems twice now and would recommend them. True the website prices are not "live" so will increase when you book, but I have found them still cheaper than elsewhere. You are not committed until you accept the final price and pay! Manage with hand luggage!!
Report this content Cuteasabutton Written on: 19/07/2016
Yes the price they quote once you show an interest in a holiday will increase - ours did by about £40 per person - I wouldn't use again, got distinct impression the call centre sizes you up for whatever price hike they think they can get from you , when they call back I don't even know why they have this call back Model, except to drive up online price I wouldn't use them again, the taxi transfers didn't show and I refund but took 13 weeks - listen to feature on radio 4 you and yours they don't come across well
Report this content Martin1066 Written on: 19/07/2016
I would stay well clear of Holiday Gems if i was you jray, we booked with them last year and had to cancel the booking due to my wife being told she had Terminal Cancer and there reply for them to cancel the booking was that they wanted £200 to do so and if i did not pay they would take me to the small claims court and I told them to do so but have not heard anything since,to me all they are interested in is getting your money one way or another, may i suggest that you contact Corona Holiday's? They helped me get my wife on her last holiday to Spain in may and they was great good luck.
Report this content traceyade Written on: 19/07/2016
hi holiday gems are the best once you see one online call them and its only about 40 pound dearer but its well worth it cause they explain all the best options
Report this content Jones69 Written on: 19/07/2016
They advertise a low cost low deposit holiday but when you have paid deposit add money on and they didn't tell me what it was for this was in April and still had no joy from them! Broadway travel are much better.
Report this content mrjohn1950 Written on: 19/07/2016
our increase was about £100 if i had booked with travel republic on the same day i would have saved £120 but had to wait 3 days by then i had lost the deal..booked with travel republic £100 more but got a much better hotel....i have just booked a holiday with jet 2...brilliant and so cheap...good luck
Report this content daveed01 Written on: 19/07/2016
yes there will be a price rise and you may even find your accommodation has not been booked when you arrive in the resort leaving you stranded as they done with with my cousin last year AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE would be my advice
Asked by rurner on 8th August 2015 Report this content
I am trying to book a holiday with Holiday Gems online however I can not find anywhere to add luggage into my holiday final total. Please could you inform me when this option comes into effect so I can book the holiday before the price changes?

Answers (13)
Report this content hannahbananafofana Written on: 10/08/2015
The price you see on-line isn't the "live" or final price so when you put your card details in to pay, you aren't actually buying the holiday advertised. The flight price will be higher than advertised and the hold luggage charge will be revealed after you have committed to book and will be extortionate. We were charged something along the lines of £90 for one hold bag. Holiday Gems didn't turn out to be any cheaper than anyone else once all of the extras had been added and they were very difficult to deal with on every other issue. I would go elsewhere.
Report this content sbmf Written on: 10/08/2015
If booking online, Holiday Gems will call you within 48 hours anyway to go through everything with you, as often the price can change, as they are not 'live' flight prices on their website. However, I have often asked them which airline the flight is with and booked my flight directly with the airline to save paying Holiday Gems' costs, then book hotel and transfer with Holiday Gems - can often save a fair bit! I always use Holiday Gems and have done for years!
Report this content Rhonre_5 Written on: 10/08/2015
When you do your online booking it's just a "provisional booking" until an agent receives it & puts it all through. They'll ring you between 6-48hts after your booking to confirm everything & ask if you want to add any luggage. All airlines charge different prices which is why you can't find it online. You can also add luggage later once you've the final confirmation of your booking by an agent.
Report this content plasman Written on: 10/08/2015
Its worth Booking by telephone Because you are not sure of the add ons until you actually book. for example the flight prices are different , transfers and baggage are often not shown on there advert and are added later, you think you initially have a good deal but , I booked By internet for a holiday with them payed and next day they rang and told me I had to pay a further £200, I cancelled , be careful
Report this content TONYBUTLER75 Written on: 10/08/2015
I booked a fantastic holiday with this company however, my flights were with Thomas Cook and had to book my luggage with them and not through Holiday Gems, enjoy your holiday, I know I did and would ues Holiday Gems again in the near future
Report this content ddawnninja Written on: 10/08/2015
You need to contact the customer services to do this but doesn't have to be done at the time of booking as can be added later on. you can add the luggage within a week of going so you have nothing to worry about. I would book the holiday a.s.a. before the price changes.
Report this content pcollins12 Written on: 10/08/2015
The holiday price includes hand luggage only. Once you have confirmed and booked your holiday, you can then update it with your booking ref. Or you could call them and do it all over the phone?  Regards
Report this content Babyoleg Written on: 10/08/2015
Hi rurner I found it much easier to phone them and speak to a rep who was very helpful as I haven't been on holiday for 7 years and holiday methods have changed since then she en sured I'd done everything correctly and that I hadn't missed anything out I suggest u ring them
Report this content Martin1066 Written on: 10/08/2015
My Partner & i ended up having to ring them,we had the same problem but when we rang they sorted the full trip for us at the same time and may i also say they are a great firm one of the best one's we have booked with good luck
Report this content CaptainCareWorker Written on: 10/08/2015
Hi, Think a few other people have mentioned, ignore their quote it will change and luggage is booked with their rep. Also when rep goes through package they book you into the hotel you asked for, as we we and a number of other people in the resort found ourselves at a sister hotel same name in a different resort and they claimed it was our mistake when booking, not theirs despite at least 2 other couples having also booked with gems, in their defence there were a good number of other agents making the same mistake.
Report this content Narni12 Written on: 10/08/2015
Ring them, they will book everything over the phone with you. I found them really good and efficient, although the advertised prices are always 'gone' when you ring. We still got a great holiday at an amazing price including all the extras. Just make sure you do independent research on the resort and accommodation before you book. Happy holidays!
Report this content Barrow07 Written on: 10/08/2015
There should be a phone number so you can ring and check luggage details!! Failing that go through the offer and just before you pay it will show what is included .
Report this content chesterotis Written on: 23/02/2016
do not book with this company, go on tripadvisor and google them. avoid!
Asked by paulwarrington12345 on 21st April 2014 Report this content
Hi I was thinking of applying for a sales job and the email address that is on the site bounces back, any idea where to send it to?

Answers (3)
Report this content Ejaz Written on: 22/04/2014
Please ring the company for direction as it sounds like a technical issue.
Report this content ddawnninja Written on: 22/04/2014
give the company a ring direct and speak to someone who will be able to advise you properly
Report this content shep2107 Written on: 24/04/2014
could try admin@holidaygems,co.uk
Asked by clb1 on 15th April 2014 Report this content
Anyone on here who has been on holiday already having used this company????

Answers (24)
Report this content Finla Written on: 16/04/2014
Yes in February 2013 and 2014
Report this content wilson3105 Written on: 16/04/2014
Yes we have used this company twice and found them very helpful nothing was too much trouble. We gave them an amount that we wanted to pay for holiday in Egypt and they found a lovely hotel to suit. Im disabled and holiday gems team worked on this basis and found the perfect hotel in sharm. I would use this company again to book future holidays Angie
Report this content Irina888 Written on: 16/04/2014
Hello, yes I have used this company 4 times, but it's only because of the price... Expect them to call you back and raise money for ticket or hotel- this took place every time...If you getting taxi with them, please check that time is matching with your air tickets in and out... Make sure that they are booking you in the correct hotel, names can be slightly different in the same area and price will be different not to your benefit... What else? You may book direct flight, only to find out that they have flights with stops both ways and it may cost much more as well...When you've placed bookings, do contact hotel directly to make sure you have correct hotel and place to visit... Just in case of any trouble would be in your advantage to have internet connection in the hotel you are going to...Good luck!
Report this content wwf16 Written on: 16/04/2014
I used them for an accommodation only booking in January. Similar price to other companies around. Good service but availability and booking confirmation is not LIVE. You submit you booking request and card details and they get back to you when they are ready. Not good over the weekend or bank holidays. I wouldn't use them again for this reason. I want my holiday confirmed straight away.
Report this content ddawnninja Written on: 16/04/2014
yes I have used this company several times and had a great experience with this company and have had a great time all the accommodation had been first class
Report this content hannahbananafofana Written on: 16/04/2014
Last year in November. Holiday was fine, but Customer Service was dreadful before the holiday. Incomplete documentation received and names were spelled incorrectly. Staff spent more time arguing with me over whether that mattered or not than resolving the issue. Also, baggage charges were twice any other I have encountered in the past. Would never use them again as it was just too stressful.
Report this content Messenger66 Written on: 16/04/2014
Yes we did last year when we went on our first cruise for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Must say we were completely satisfied with all the arrangements made for us and have some lovely memories and photos to look back on. We do hope to go on another cruise in the next year or so, we have the bug now and we are getting our friends involved too!
Report this content Siltel Written on: 16/04/2014
Hi, we went to Maderia with them in September 2014 and had very good service with a good value holiday and no problems.
Report this content Btperry Written on: 16/04/2014
I went on holiday in January to Portugal and it was good value. We encountered only one problem with transfer from airport to hotel they had not sent the vouchers but our name was on the list and all was sorted out in the end. Would travel with them again
Report this content shorty61 Written on: 16/04/2014
We have been with Holiday gem no problem at all would use again
Report this content paghorne Written on: 16/04/2014
Yes I have had two holidays with this company. The company do get you good deals but and this is no disrespect to the company, the Hotels on both these trips were not upto standard. First one was in Corfu which was the Mareblu, the second was in Turkey The Lydia Park Hotel. These two hotels were rubbish. Also the price you see on Holiday Gems is the starting price. If you want extra you have to pay for it.
Report this content Elsabelsa12 Written on: 16/04/2014
I booked with them in jan 2014 will book through them agsin the service is fab n worth every penny!
Report this content tinpanalleyguitars Written on: 16/04/2014
Yes ! I used them, fantastic, could'nt fault them in any way ! Very friendly, kept me informed all the way, prefect ! Will deffo use them again, later in the year infact !
Report this content Mickylcy Written on: 16/04/2014
Yes, 1st time we used them they held all documents n never had access to the booking, they controlled everything, and the price see is never ever ever the price you pay. 2nd time you could print the tickets but again you never pay what u book as the price always always goes up.
Report this content Jono2 Written on: 17/04/2014
Yes, this past January, went on a cruise/stay with Holiday Gems and enjoyed the holiday very much. We originally thought that we were booking through Belfast Telegraph Travel when we phoned but I guess Holiday Gems is an affiliate of them as when we printed out the details of the holiday, it had Holiday Gems logo on it. I know that there has been some bad reviews of this company but I do believe that they're doing their best to improve their services. Prices are good and we had the holiday exactly as it was advertised, except that our two nights stay in Malaga was after the cruise and not before. Hope this is helpful.
Report this content C12lew Written on: 17/04/2014
I have used them twice and found them quite competitive. One thing to be careful off is that this year although I booked online at a certain price, I got a call within a day increasing the price. It may be best to phone and get a live price when booking.
Report this content IansDadsSon Written on: 17/04/2014
WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN Yes. Holiday in October 2013. Excellent resort BUT Only booked in one item of hold baggage @ 15kg This was NOT STATED when we booked. RESULT: Had to ditch one brand new suitcase at outbound airport AND some contents AND pay excess baggage charges with Ryanair REALLY RESTRICTED ON WHAT WE COULD BRING BACK EITHER BOTH OF US ARE TOTALLY STUPID AND UNABLE TO HEAR WHAT IS SAID or WATCH THIS COMPANY (The outbound airport check-in staff know them well for doing this to people, we were told they had caused so much misery to innocent travellers - didn't exactly score anything for repeat bookings)
Report this content aesclepiades Written on: 17/04/2014
Going in three weeks - Booking was easy, and all they said they would do, they did. Hope the holiday is as good.
Report this content gaser-bath Written on: 17/04/2014
Yes, and the holiday was as we expected, everything worked well, and we were happy with arrangement made by holiday gem.. No complaints at all. Gaser-bath
Report this content Ejaz Written on: 22/04/2014
Yes, I used this company and booked holidays to visit Sharm-Al-Sheikh. The holiday was great and company price was lower than rest of companies in the market. Everything (tickets, hotel booking and taxi etc) arrived via email on time.
Report this content sbmf Written on: 25/04/2014
Yes, I booked and went on holiday with them to Majorca in September 2013 and have booked with them again for this coming July (2014).
Report this content sunnydays1 Written on: 03/08/2014
yes the hotel was awful when i phoned to complain i was told by beryl it was my fault i chose the hotel it was supposed to be in barcelona it was an hour away and disgusting was told by advisor it was good hotel dont waste your money the customer service is terrible spoilt my husbands 50 birthday never again
Report this content ddawnninja Written on: 10/08/2015
yes have used this company but the price you see isn't the live price so you will probably end up paying a lot more than is advertised. They usually phone you within 48 hours and the price is always more which is not good and it is hard to get a refund once you have paid online at the price you think you are going to get the holiday for. The best thing to do is telephone the customer services as you will then get the correct price.
Report this content Barrow07 Written on: 10/08/2015
We went in June this year they were very helpful.
Asked by leanne.mckimmie on 8th April 2014 Report this content
Is the price I see in front of me the price I'm going to pay? I've seen lots of people writing about the flight price goes right up once you have paid and have to owe more money?

Answers (33)
Report this content jakkinthegroove Written on: 09/04/2014
I booked through holidaygems for a holiday in Jan 2012. I think the price that came up on screen was not the exact price I paid it was slightly higher by the time it was booked but not by much. I think the reason for this is that the site is not linked live to the flight providers and you are not actually booking when you confirm on site you then get a call from a rep who goes through it all with you before making the live time booking. I don't think this is an unusual situation with holiday brokers - even the big one's tend to be a bit higher than the initial cost that shows in my experience. If they come back with a cost that you are not happy with you can always decline it and look elsewhere. I have only booked with them once and found everyhing went really well but as I had no problems I don't know what they would be like to deal with if any issues arise. Hope that helps.
Report this content derekline Written on: 09/04/2014
I paid only the price quoted. I did phone HolidayGems to add additional items but the price quoted on the site was never increased after I'd paid.
Report this content jayneworthy Written on: 09/04/2014
The only added extra to my holiday was a booking fee of £11.00.
Report this content LeeA77 Written on: 09/04/2014
I've booked twice or attempted to book twice - you're not actually confirmed until you are contacted with the correct price. Both times I was contacted a few days later and told the flight prices had increased. The second time I declined and shopped around until I got the original price that I wanted to pay with another operator. Same holiday, original price, different website. Hope this helps.
Report this content taraxicum Written on: 09/04/2014
It can happen..and happened to me.Probably because airline companies hike prices..and HolidayGems website probably does not catch it until next day. I used them previously and paid the online price. HolidayGems are efficient..airtickets , hotel bookings and transfers info arrive quickly and I've never had problems.
Report this content PaulJC Written on: 09/04/2014
No when the Credit Card bill came through it was higher, the little extras they dont tell you about, they say the diffrence is what the Flight Company charge them but they dont tell you that on booking,
Report this content ddawnninja Written on: 09/04/2014
no it isn't as I was told that the prices on the website are 24 hours behind and they are a lot lower on the website than what you actually pay.This is not a good thing as people want to see what they are actually going to pay. Also don't forget that this price doesn't include the luggage other than what you take in the cabin with you. We were quoted 2 different prices for the hold luggage which doesn't look good.
Report this content littlegem1 Written on: 09/04/2014
I have booked with holiday gems a few times (online) and each time when I have booked the flight has went up slightly when they contacted me to confirm the booking (within 24 hours) once you have had your final price at that booking thats the price you pay. Overall a good company to deal with especially if you have cancelled flight like i did and I was losing my full holiday due to the French air strike but holidaygems sorted it out.
Report this content barney26 Written on: 09/04/2014
I HAVE BOOKED SEVERAL HOLIDAYS NOW WITH HOLIDAY GEMS AND ON EVERY OCCASION THE AIR FARE HAS BEEN INCREASED, I DONT MIND THIS AS OBVIOUSLY THE PRICES ARE FLUCTUATING IN LIVE TIME. THE HOLIDAYS ARE WELL PRICED OTHERWISE. I DONT SEE THIS AS A RIP OFF THE ONLY THING I WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT HAPPENED TO ME THE OTHER DAY WHEN I ASKED THEM FOR A PRICE ON ADDING TWO BAGS FOR HOLD LUGGAGE THEY QUOTED £120 SO I THEN RANG EASY JET FOR THE SAME QUOTE AND IT WAS £78 THIS TOO ME IS A RIP OFF SO ALL I WOULD SAY IS BE CAREFULL WHEN YOU INITIALY BOOK AND MAKE SHURE EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS INCLUDED LIKE TRANSFERS AND BAGGAGE
Report this content Finla Written on: 09/04/2014
Not nessesserily, they quote the lowest price they've seen but when you inquire they re check the prices before they take any money or any booking from you, the choice is then up to you wether you go with them or not
Report this content sbmf Written on: 09/04/2014
The prices on the site are not 'live' flight prices. Generally the accommodation and transfer prices remain the same, but the flight prices can go up of course. You do get an online discount if you do it that way rather than phoning, but they cannot confirm the price until up to 48 hours after your have submitted your online booking form, but if the price they call you back with is a lot more and you are not happy with it, then no money will be taken from you. Although the prices do go up a tad from those seen online, i have still generally found Holiday Gems cheaper than everywhere else and have just booked another holiday through them for July (they also advised me that it would be cheaper for me to book my flights direct with Monarch rather than through them and stayed on the phone with me while i did it - that way baggage added on etc is also cheaper). Good Luck.
Report this content darrie123 Written on: 09/04/2014
Yes it did change by 100.00 when we booked it, can't remember the reason why, but it still worked out cheaper!
Report this content Jono2 Written on: 09/04/2014
When we booked our holiday, it was through the Belfast Telegraph Travel but it turned out that Holiday Gems were the actual travel agents. We did have a bit of a problem when our cruise was cancelled and we found that out ourselves when we phoned NCL to book for tours, this was after we had paid the full amount. However, after much correspondence between NCL Guest Services and Holiday Gems, they (Holiday Gems) were able to book us for the following month's cruise and everything went great. To answer your question, nothing extra was added to the cruise/stay amount as advertised regarding our holiday booking through Holiday Gems.
Report this content gaser-bath Written on: 09/04/2014
Our experience is when we have agreed the flights and times, the price we paid at that time was the all we paid. We did not have to pay any additional payments. I hope this is helpful G Beavis
Report this content biggles747 Written on: 09/04/2014
No mostly not. Even altough u pay by credit/debit card directly online; this is not actually u paying the holiday.It is not actually paid for until u phone them which you have to do or else they dont book it. By that time the price can go up. Why they even take online bookings is beyond me. A complete waste of time. U could actually do it yourself and not put ur holiday in jepordy.
Report this content lme25957 Written on: 09/04/2014
The price quoted was the price I paid. It did not increase once I had paid.
Report this content Siltel Written on: 09/04/2014
We booked late for a holiday in Maderia last October, a month before travel, and the price I paid was the same as that in the advert in the newspaper. The holiday was very good and was excellent value.
Report this content Brads10 Written on: 09/04/2014
Hiya, I booked a holiday with holiday gems and the price was very good, the only thing that wasn't included in the price quoted was luggage and transfers... I had no other costs incurred ... However you can book priority boarding, extra leg room etc to ensure you are sitting with your party however I had a 4 yr old and 12 yr old so we were all seated together because of their age...again this is an option...I personally didn't take it..... Hope this helps
Report this content newarkcomposer Written on: 09/04/2014
I have found that prices usually go up with just about every agent I have tried, albeit very slightly and usually down to flights costing a little more than quoted. I'm sure this is a genuine increase because I have found the same thing happens if I book flights and hotels myself separately and dither over the flight whilst searching...... Having said all the above, Holiday Gems were brilliant and the service was excellent when I went through them.
Report this content Kimdenise Written on: 09/04/2014
The price I paid was slightly higher, they said they are dealing with live airline prices. After you confirm on line, a rep calls, to go through your booking. I've only gone with this company once, I had no problems
Report this content Pammy0405 Written on: 09/04/2014
Yes, you only pay the price you see......no hidden extras. I was very pleased with the whole package through Gems, and would highly recommend them. I also had a few last minute problems, which their Customer Services helped me through, putting my mind at rest and therefore able to enjoy my holiday that much more. Rest assured, you pay your final price and MOST definately, are not left in debt with hiked up pricing. I hops you have a lovely holiday.
Report this content DonNewton Written on: 09/04/2014
Hi Leanne, The price for our holiday did not go up after paying any money. However, the quote received online for the holiday went up overnight. Received a telephone call saying the flight had gone up during the evening by £192.62 for 3 of us; which is quite a jump. I think this is a general "unwritten" rule for various holiday companies, as I don't believe anyone actually gets the price quoted online and have never received a call stating the cost has gone down!!!
Report this content Northmberlandhazel Written on: 09/04/2014
I have travelled with Holiday Gems and have never ad to pay anything above the advertised price.
Report this content Wotshisname Written on: 09/04/2014
I used them in 2012 for a trip to Tenerife. The flight they advertised was a good price but wasn't being offered by anyone else. I placed the booking and then realising I hadn't actually booked, just placed a request, I did some searching on Holidaygems. Like many I was horrified to see their reputation and even phoned my credit card company to see if I could block any transactions from them. I couldn't. Anyway, holiday gems contacted as per their terms and went through my requirements. The flight wasn't available (as expected!) but a slightly dearer one was. I'd already seen that flight being offered at the price they were quoting so agreed to the slight increase. Extra sports baggage was charged at the airlines advertised rates so no worry there. The hotel was charged at the price quoted so no worry there. All travel documents arrived immediately by e.mail and the holiday went smoothly. So it did cost more than the original quote but no more than other on-line booking agencies. Haven't used them since as I prefer to book flights and accommodation direct. Much less worry!
Report this content Mpick Written on: 09/04/2014
The best thing is to read the T & Cs and it tells you there, but basically the price on the web is a guide price as you have to add the price of baggage on etc. The best thing is to phone up once you have found the holiday you want and book it there and then, and you will get the correct price. But just a quick tip as the call charges are 10p a min, tell them you have found a holiday and want to book it, and ask them to call you back so it save you with your phone bill as well.
Report this content shep2107 Written on: 10/04/2014
There always seems to be some additional costs- luggage and transfers being the usual items. I have never had to pay more for the flight than the amount I paid at the time of booking.
Report this content Another_happy_customer Written on: 10/04/2014
I seem to have been really lucky, as the price I finally paid was actually CHEAPER than I originally saw. Not sure if Holiday Gems have live flight details or whether they search all offers, but whichever I am happy with their service and prices.
Report this content Catzome Written on: 10/04/2014
I booked this holiday through Groupon in October 2013. The price we paid to Groupon for the all inclusive holiday remained the same. We only paid for transfers and excursions. I hope this helps.
Report this content Chwalker2010 Written on: 11/04/2014
The price quoted isn't the price you pay, however I always call and book my holiday over the phone.
Report this content Btperry Written on: 11/04/2014
The price we paid for the holiday was the price that was quoted in the advertisement. We paid a little more to fly from our chosen airport - and also we had to pay extra fr luggage allowance - I think this is becoming more usual with most holiday prioes.
Report this content jimmy53 Written on: 12/04/2014
i have used this site twice and had no problem
Report this content Starloony Written on: 13/04/2014
Yes it will definitely go up because they advertise the lowest possible price it could be then bump up the flight charge. Thomsons charge around £30 for checked in luggage, holidaygems charged me £60/65 and lied saying I wasn't able to book luggage directly from the flight. Their customer service is atrocious and their customer service number is premium rate.
Report this content Lozza1983 Written on: 15/04/2014
You are correct. When I booked my holiday through them, the price did go up but I accepted it and it was nice to be able to speak to someone when booking my holiday. Recently, my in-laws booked and paid for a break online through Holiday Gems and they received a call to advise them the price quoted online wasn't actually live and they hadn't had chance to update their prices. So although I have nothing bad to say about this company, I would advise phoning them to book your holiday so you know what you are actually committing to.