Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

“Severely Over charged ”

Written on: 27/07/2022 by Sparks81 (1 review written)

Do not book a holiday with this company ! We booked a holiday ti Tenerife before covid lockdown and had to change a couple of times , we then got it changed to a beautiful 1 week holiday to Croatia in the Sheraton Rivera , it cost 3,400 for bed and breakfast only but it was 5 star …. My partner lost his job and as this was only bed and breakfast I called holiday gems to get all inclusive or half board on a different hotel … we eventually changed to a 4 star hotel but discovered there was no transfers no baggage included and it cost 3.260 when the price on the website was half that …. I had to argue with them for them to include a transfer and 1 x 23kg bag ….. which wasn’t really enough but we made do …. The hotel was nice and we got half board so breakfast and dinner but no way was it worth over 3,250 pounds , we paid over a thousand pounds more than we should have …it’s done now but I would never ever use them again .

Written on: 01/08/2022

Whilst we have always guaranteed that we would not charge our own admin fees for any Covid related changes, we are unable to absorb any extra charges incurred with the airlines and other suppliers charged at the time of the change. Whilst we sincerely regret that the pandemic so impacted on your holiday but unfortunately, this is a matter over which we have no control and could not have foreseen at the time of the lockdown and subsequent knock-on effect.

“Avoid like the plague ”

Written on: 15/07/2022 by Isaacmckenzie (1 review written)

AVOID !!AVOID !! AVOID!!! The agent sold me a holiday that didn’t exist. I booked this holiday for my wife’s birthday and was extremely disappointed when he then called me back to say that he couldn’t honour the holiday due to no room in the hotel or flights available. He said that he had refunded my payment of nearly £1,000 and it would be in my account in the next 3-4 days . Over 21 days later I am still waiting and have emailed him on several occasions without any response. I booked the same flights and same hotel online direct and managed to get the holiday we wanted so don’t understand . Holiday Gems have taken my money and not given it back . I would recommend that people look elsewhere to book their holidays as Holiday Gems and their rep are totally untrustworthy and will take your money without having any interest in helping or refunding you . Extremely dissatisfied and will be taking the matter to the highest bodies to ensure this doesn’t happen to their people.

Customerliaison's Response to Isaacmckenzie's Review

Written on: 25/07/2022

As you are aware the refund has been processed and should be showing in the original card account. Please contact your back in the first instance as the funds have left our control

Read 1 Comment

“ONGOING CMPLAINT: THEY HAVE HADSTILL GOT £900 OF MY...”

Written on: 04/07/2022 by danbeeby (1 review written)

ONGOING CMPLAINT: THEY HAVE HADSTILL GOT £900 OF MY MONEY FOR OVER 2 WEEKS NOW, WITH NO HOLIDAY TO SHOW FOR IT!! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. I was so shocked to check out reviews for this company to find they are positive....that was until you look and see that 95% of the reviews are from people that we're 'invited' to do so. All the genuine reviews from people not invited are AWFUL. I paid a £900 deposit online 2 weeks ago, and this company called me the next day to say the price had gone up as the flights are more expensive. I looked online and shock horror, they lied! The price of the flights was the same with Wizz as the day before so it was clearly just a ploy to get people to part with their money. I told them politely I wanted the price I saw online, and their agent HUNG UP on me after telling me he's cancelled it. No explanation, no search for another holiday option that was cheaper and no confirmation of when my money would be returned to me. I Called back a few days later, and spoke to another chap who apologised, and told me he would check it all out and call me straight back....SHOCK - no call. I called back again and spoke to a lady in customer service who was slightly better and tried to help...but she couldn't understand why the money hadn't come back in to my account. She asked me to call back the next day and ask for a manager. I did this, and was told there in nothing a manager can do and to speak to my bank. After this wild goose chase, I started a dispute with Monzo (my bank) and they told me they are concerned the money hasn't been released yet. I'm starting a dispute now, and have asked for documentation to prove they have sent me my money back... Absolute DISGRACE, when booking a holiday after the last few years should be a positive and pleasant experience...

Customerliaison's Response to danbeeby's Review

Written on: 11/07/2022

Thank you for your review. As you are aware this issue appears to be a bank-to-bank issue and is in hand.

Danbeeby's reply to Customerliaison's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2022

No, that's not the issue. The challenge has been the abhorrent service I've received from the staff in your call centers in between the mistake with your finance team and my bank. Nobody calls you back, nobody takes accountability, nobody investigated when i told you there was a problem, and nobody cares. The only human that has helped at all, is a chap...who very helpful...but even he has failed to get someone to contact me back twice now. I was told on Friday I will get a call back in 10 minutes, good job I'm not holding my breath. Shameful. I have no money left, not sure how I am going to get through this week. Let's hope something magic happens.

Read 2 Comments

“Very poor Experience”

Written on: 19/06/2022 by Elliottrw369 (1 review written)

It is a horrible experience to book holidays with HolidayGems. After you book and pay on the website you get a call the next day to find out that you have to pay an additional charge for language and that there is a surcharge that they can not explain per person too. Everything is not explained on the website at all and such practice is as well against the law in the UK. We would not be using them again after experiencing being in 5 star resort in Turkey which runs an as well a money-saving concept. So many basic things you should simply expect for a 5 star holiday were not included in the amount you paid. And most miss leading the holiday was sold and advertised on the website as ULTRA ALL INCLUSIVE. But you paid for WiFI, No Mini Bar just cheap water bottles in the room. Cantine food no 5-star food. Air-Con had to be repaired 2 times, sower had to be repaired 2 times. Because the rooms that Holiday Gems is booking are outdated and have not been upgraded years ago. Never seen such a greedy resort. And we make holidays in Turkey every year. Been suing Holiday gems for the first and surely last time. We do NOT recommend using them at all.

Written on: 20/06/2022

Whilst we are unable to access the booking, (and note that this has been posted on other review sites,) we would advise that our online booking process is transparent and legal and explained in the terms and conditions to which you agreed and also on the summary sent on submission. We are unable to address the issues claimed regarding the hotel and would recommend that a formal complaint is submitted as per our FAQ's and Terms and Conditions

“sold fake holiday”

Written on: 10/05/2022 by brettbrett45 (1 review written)

were told we had all inclusive plus which includes International drinks ,when we got to the hotel they informed us they do not do plus, if we were told this we would never booked it

Customerliaison's Response to brettbrett45's Review

Written on: 23/05/2022

The agent advised, on a recorded call, that the all inclusive plus did not include premium drinks but did include other benefits and this call has been sent to you as proof. The matter has been investigated and our complaints team have found no basis for your review. We regret that the matter has been closed.

“Great service ”

Written on: 24/02/2022 by Linezy (1 review written)

Hi Ref PWFF1 Our holiday had to be cancelled because of the covid pandemic and we were obviously worried but the representative dealt with us very professionally and transferred it to 2022 so in a months time we should be soaking up some much needed sunshine.

“Agent advisor took my credit note from last year and...”

Written on: 22/02/2022 by Lesterryd (1 review written)

Agent advisor took my credit note from last year and booked break to Poland for me and my family. He kept costa in my credit and I incurred no extra costs. He went above and beyond here with his patience and effort in sorting everything out stress free. Amazing customer service and I recommend other agents learn from him.

“Thanks for your help. You were quick and have helped...”

Written on: 04/02/2022 by Jadefisher89 (1 review written)

Thanks for your help. You were quick and have helped my family get what they need for a long awaited trip

Customerliaison's Response to Jadefisher89's Review

Written on: 07/02/2022

Thank you for the positive comments. We are delighted that we cold meet your needs and trust that you will have an amazing holiday

“Best help ever”

Written on: 01/02/2022 by NatashaRees263 (1 review written)

Thankyou to 5 of your team over the weekend as my job changed my dates for going away I was so upset an your team was just brilliant would like to thank four people across your team they was so helpful thankyou 1 an all as I travel alone BRILLIANT TEAM will recommend holiday gems to all I know

Written on: 07/02/2022

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We know that our team will always go the extra mile to ensure the best possible outcome and they will certainly appreciate your feedback. We do hope that you have an amazing holiday.

“Holiday booked”

Written on: 26/01/2022 by petrik85 (1 review written)

A big thank you to agent who has gone above and beyond to book us a family holiday, also thanks for your patience. Much appreciated.

“Agent at Holiday Gems”

Written on: 24/01/2022 by 499Figueroa (1 review written)

The agent was great at making sure I understood the payment dates and making everything clear to me, would highly recommend!

“Superb ”

Written on: 20/01/2022 by JessieSmith31 (1 review written)

Spoke to an agent he was really helpful he help me book a holiday and get my two children onto the booking who couldn’t have time off work start a new job and then I could add them on it was really helpful but quite stressful as the airline was getting close to being full he calmed me down got me a good price & very easy I will certainly look at using them again I’m very happy with the customer service you provided he has been the best person I’ve spoke to you in awhile when I look at for holidays

“Very helpful staff”

Written on: 06/01/2022

PW advisor was very helpful-there we’re a few errors on the booking but a quick email and they were soon resolved. Annoying that the advertised prices are never live and the holiday always costs more but have used Holiday Gems before and happy to recommend as never had any complaints.

Written on: 10/01/2022

We do appreciate the really positive comments regarding our service and thank you for returning to us for another booking. Unfortunately, as we do not own the airlines or hotels it is difficult to ensure that the costs and/or availability do not change between submission on the order and the confirmation. Our agents will always endeavour to honour the booking as submitted but regrettably, this is not always possible

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent customer service ”

Written on: 14/12/2021 by Mohamed65 (1 review written)

Ref PWFF1 Travel consultant was extremely helpful and friendly when I was contacted about a change in flight times and put me at ease that everything else that has moved a day forward will be updated. Got emailed soon after with everything in place as discussed .All was sorted efficiently and effortlessly. The advisor explained everything in detail and even reconfirm my accommodation requirements to make sure we have a great holiday. We’ll Done and Great company to deal with.

Customerliaison's Response to Mohamed65's Review

Written on: 15/12/2021

Thank you for posting such positive comments. We are delighted that our agent was able to resolve any issues and trust that you will have an amazing holiday.

“free cancellation insurance”

Written on: 24/08/2021

in November 2019 we booked accommodation in crete for September 2020.we live in Scotland in early September 2020 crete went red on covid travel list holiday gems phoned us on the 4thseptember 2020 and asked if we like to change dates we agreed to switch dates to September 2021 we paid 114pounds 41pence to cover hotelier price rise one year on and free cancellation.on 15thjune2021 we decided to cancel due my ongoing health issues I have severe asthma and over 70years old since then they denied said phone call ever took place and do not respond to emails or phone calls they never reply to questions asked as of 24th august they have offered standard cancellation and not free cancellation which paid for.i believe this company is not to be trusted ps we have had over 60 trips and holidays abroad and never had a experience like this.

Written on: 26/08/2021

As we have to pay non refundable costs to suppliers, especially airlines, we cannot offer free cancellation and do not offer insurance. During the pandemic we have been able to offer a full refund in the event of a cancellation by the suppliers. Unfortunately, any cancellation by the client when all services are booked and remain available must be claimed via your own travel insurance. Our Customer Service team have been in contact with you and we have requested another call back to try and resolve the issue.

Written on: 26/08/2021

less than 24hours on review centre a response, that is after numerous emails to holiday gems with no reply amazing. I don't no who you are, you are clearly not up speed with accommodation booking 50166 which was first booked on line in november2019 then rebooked 4thseptember2020 via a telephone call from holiday gems. instead of spouting company policy do some detective work and find out how you arrive at monies paid. ps as far as us calling you on the telephone forget it, this resulted in hefty telephone bill to a line that appears to be a ghost line. I am always available then again you this already.

Written on: 27/08/2021

We are aware that your booking is accommodation only. However, the process applies to single component and package holidays and therefore gave an overview of the procedure.. As advised, we will contact you again in an effort to resolve the issue. We have not requested a call back from you.

Written on: 31/08/2021

received a phone call from on 27th of august when asked how to justify why you were much more expensive compared to like for like travel companies she said and i quote this was down to DEMAND.cast your mind back to the 4th of september 2020 when this rebooking was by made by a female member of your staff with a phone call via your office .the 4th of september 2020,covid is rife all over the world,thousands people dying,hardly a plane in the sky and you are asking me to believe that you are snowed under with demand for 3star self catering in crete a year down the line that is worst explanation i have heard in over 40 years of travelling abroad.now i will tell you the rates for villa elite for this september on your website 11 nights in a one bedroom 414pounds.you charged me 482pounds a difference of 68pounds.the reason for this the female agent who made this rebooking i believe she sold me free cancellation knowing full well you do not offer this service in order to bump her commission or suchlike.as this female is or was a employee of lt is your duty to put this right.the facts speak for themselves.

Written on: 02/09/2021

We are unable to address this on this platform. Please use the complaints procedure available to you so that this may be addressed through the correct channels.

Written on: 02/09/2021

strange you had no problem replying to my first two posts.are you running scared,clearly you do not like social media,something to hide. l will email you AGAIN you better respond quickly or you find out what social media is really all about.

Written on: 02/09/2021

To resolve the issue we cannot address it on this platform without divulging your personal information. The responses to date have been generic. Please follow the complaints procedure available to you

Written on: 16/09/2021

l have since used their complaints procedure,a fat lot of good that did.they just deny all the true facts and dont investigate the points put to them.if there was ever a clearer case of gaining monies by deception i have yet to see it.so to anybody who has booked with holiday gems i sincerely hope you have no problems or you will surely end up in the situation i am in at the moment.

Read 8 Comments

“Great service ”

Written on: 02/08/2021 by Hb183 (1 review written)

Had to change date of holiday again due to the Covid virus got through to an agent, this guy is amazing not only did he rearrange my holiday dates but made sure I was happy by checking different dates so I can catch my flight back to Northern Ireland from Heathrow Thank you to him: you are a star a five star

Destination2's Response to Hb183's Review

Written on: 04/08/2021

We are very pleased to hear this, thank you for commenting.

Read 1 Comment

“Go over and above any other…”

Written on: 29/07/2021 by RWS888 (1 review written)

I found that holidayGems were fantastic! really helpful pleasant to talk to and always there should you need them, we had a small problem when we started our holiday and the agent jumped in and sorted it for us quickly and put our minds at rest, for that alone I would give 5+ stars, Will definitely be using them again, as they made the process so easy from finding the best deal to the after care…

Customerliaison's Response to RWS888's Review

Written on: 29/07/2021

We do appreciate your comments and are pleased any issue was resolved speedily. Your custom is valued we would be delighted to have another opportunity to help with your holiday arrangements in the future.

Read 1 Comment

“Brilliant service thanks ”

Written on: 19/07/2021 by Brettjk45 (1 review written)

The agent was very helpful in a very professional manner will be booking my next holiday through them again thank you

Customerliaison's Response to Brettjk45's Review

Written on: 20/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your appreciation of the service given. Feedback is always welcome and we look forward to helping you plan many more holidays.

Read 1 Comment

“' Stay far.. far.. away”

Written on: 16/07/2021 by MakbulMo1 (1 review written)

Stay far.. far.. away !! Absolute bonkers. I have booked my holiday with them and an agent called me that something is wrong and demanded extra money. I have said I am fine paying extra but I need a sea view upgrade, he says he will request it for no extra cost! Do you see any issue with this statement? NO !! when I contacted the resort about my upgrade, they say they don't have any such request and when I emailed these guys about my issue, he replied saying, it was only a request !!!! and not guarantee, how convenient! Did he even mentioned that this is not guaranteed in the first place.. No Because they just want to grab extra money by any means necessary! I wish I can give them zero stars as they don't even deserve one star !!

Written on: 19/07/2021

We reiterate our response given on another platform and refute the comments in their entirety.

Written on: 20/07/2021

we refute all the content of this review. Our agents will never 'demand' any extra costs and will, if we cannot honour the online price, give options which is up the client to accept or not. If they are not acceptable then the order is cancelled and no money taken. The reviewer has himself stated that the agent would 'request a sea view room'. Any request is never guaranteed in any scenario and we believe that a 'request' is exactly that. Whilst we respect any honest opinion and take on board constructive criticism, we are unable to do so in this instance.

Written on: 19/07/2021

We refute all the content of this review. Our agents will never 'demand' any extra costs and will, if we cannot honour the online price, give options which is up the client to accept or not. If they are not acceptable then the order is cancelled and no money taken. The reviewer has himself stated that the agent would 'request a sea view room'. Any request is never guaranteed in any scenario and we believe that a 'request' is exactly that. Whilst we respect any honest opinion and take on board constructive criticism, we are unable to do so in this instance.

Read 3 Comments

“I needed help with changing my hotel. This agent was...”

Written on: 14/07/2021 by NRUBY (1 review written)

I needed help with changing my hotel. This agent was very helpful and dealt with my requirements quick and efficiently. I received my hotel vouchers literally within 48hrs as promised. I felt reassured and in safe hands in these difficult unpredictable times.

Customerliaison's Response to NRUBY's Review

Written on: 15/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. Our excellent team always appreciate the feedback