Tigers Removals, Hull Reviews

Tigers Removals, Hull - Ask a question now

“Please do not use !!”

Written on: 26/07/2021 by JaneDay67 (1 review written)

Please do not use !!!- would hate anyone to go through the trauma we did. - Late on all 3 days - damages, goods left behind - Here until 11pm on main move day and still not completed - completely under estimated job - had to call the police as they held our goods "hostage" - wanted payment before job complete - Management extremely unprofessional shouting and swearing on the phone - promised repayment for damages and compensation - now ignoring emails - having to take legal action to reclaim costs due to their lack of response - Would give zero rating if it was possible

“Didn't move all furniture & charged 50% extra to quote”

Written on: 30/12/2020 by paul.jesse (1 review written)

I hope you find this review balanced and will enable you to make up your own mind whether it is worth using Tigers Removals. My Completion date moved back 3 times in December and 3 times Tigers were able to accommodate my new date. HOWEVER, on the day, Tigers arrived late as they had to do another job left over from the day before. Then they turned up with just a 7.5 tonne lorry and 2 guys when I had paid £900 for a 7.5 tonner, a Luton van & 3 guys. Now to be fair to Tigers the 2 guys worked very hard and carefully. However my buyer failed to complete on time by 5pm and we could only exchange contracts by 5pm on moving day.(Thursday) and Tigers had only had enough time to move half of our stuff. So Tigers agreed to move the remaining half of our furniture the next available day which was Saturday. We completed the next morning Friday. However on Saturday, Tigers turned up an hour late with just a large Luton van (maybe 3.5 tonne) & 2 guys. We agreed they would need to do a few runs to get all our remaining stuff moved. The distance to the new house was about 8 miles. We were also using both our large cars to transfer a lot of the smaller furniture on both the Thursday & Saturday. So the 2 guys packed the 1st load of furniture but when they got to the new house I then got a call from Tigers office manager saying he wanted £425 to unload the furniture and finish the job. I was not happy as Tigers did NOT tell me there would be an extra charge for this Saturday job when I booked them on the Thursday. I told them I was unhappy that I was only told about the £425 once my furniture was loaded. I was being forced to pay almost 50% again to do the work I had already paid for. I spoke to the owner of Tigers who reduced the cost down to £350 but that still felt wrong AND i had to immediately pay it by bank transfer otherwise they told me they would take my furniture to storage. As a customer. he did also offer me a free use of a Tigers van in the future, but this did not excuse the feeling of being held to ransom. I expect Tigers Removals to tell customers clearly what the costs are BEFORE they start work. The 2 lads did 3 runs but because of the late start & the smallish van, they left us with still quite a lot of furniture to move by about 5pm. It took 4 of our family another 4 car loads to move the furniture left by Tigers. Now I appreciate it was a Saturday & the 2 lads had home lives so it wasn't their fault but Tigers should have completed their contractual obligation which I had in writing, to move all my furniture. Very unhappy with the way they have treated me as a customer, but I will let you make your own minds up

“Avoid”

Written on: 15/09/2020 by KathrynElizabeth (1 review written)

A nightmare experience the organisation was terrible didn’t turn up until after we had the keys to our new home Didn’t send a big enough vsn Thankfully wasn’t raining and the new owners were understanding DO NOT USE

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS.”

Written on: 17/09/2019 by TracyRose (1 review written)

Tigers subcontracted my house removal job to another firm who let me down on the removal day with a shoddy van that broke down on arrival and two inexperienced lads who didn't know what to do about it. Moving is stressful enough without having to try to find another removal company on the day we were meant to be moving! Despite saying they had no connection to the subcontractor Tigers won't return the deposit I paid to them and haven't even offered an apology for all the inconvenience caused.

“Wish I'd Read this First -DO NOT USE!”

Written on: 27/09/2018 by Jayla1972 (1 review written)

We wondered why they were able to move us at the last minute, now I understand why! Guys turned up, got stuck in, halfway through day they cleared off to do another job. Returned nearly 3 hours late. Didn't bring bubble wrap or covers as promised. When Furniture arrived at new house, over £5,000 worth of damage - but they had insisted on payment up front, otherwise they would not have got a penny from me. Submitted claim, but have heard nothing and they are now ignoring my emails, and fobbing me off on the phone. Am at the point of contacting Removals Ombudsman and my solicitor. Am stuck as cannot repair anything until they settle claim. Would NEVER use again or recommend. They damaged nearly all my beautiful furniture.

“Cracking top team ”

Written on: 22/12/2017 by Carolinsussex (1 review written)

Excellent removal company with no hesitation on changing date to accomodate an earlier removal. The two guys I dealt with were excellent as well on the day nothing too much trouble, pride taken, excellent loading of lorry and unloading to specified rooms. Very competative price for distance travelled. A big thank you to all and we cannot thank you enough for a stress free removal

“Let down”

Written on: 27/09/2017 by Kate161248 (1 review written)

Did not show up on day of moving. No record of booking. Told not to panic said they would sort something out and wouldn't let me down, odd choice of words as they already had. I was lucky enough to find someone else to do the job at short notice otherwise I would have been well and truly stuck. Wouldn't recommend them. Wouldn't trust them. Very poor customer care.

“Great Service”

Written on: 10/09/2015 by Leedstoliverpool (1 review written)

Tiger Removals moved me earlier this week and I must say the service was fantastic. Moved from Leeds to Liverpool and they provided a full packing service which was bliss with having 3 young children to look after. The packing staff were very considerate when packing my items and the removal staff were great. They turned the moving day into a stress free event and really went over and above my expectations. They were worth every penny.

“A Bad Experience.”

Written on: 04/12/2014 by WadeHay (1 review written)

May/Oct 2014. We had to move house, because we sold our house and had to place our belongings in storage, the Removal and storage firm was Tiger Removals, the day that we moved out of our old house they (Tiger Removals) were 3 hours late, we trusted them to look after our belongings, but when the day to move into our new home came, again they were 2 ½ hours late, upon unloading it was noticed that some of the sealed boxes were open and items appeared to be missing, when we packed the boxes and cases they were no half full boxes or cases placed in storage and all items were sealed and taped, we didn’t make an inventory of every item in every box and case, because to do that would be a mammoth job, but we know our property and after unpacking everything that we received we know that items are missing, we felt that we could trust Tiger Removals to take good care of our belongings, we have been in contact with the firm, but have not made any headway in 2 months, so we have decided to write down our experience with Tiger Removals so that other people can decide whether it would be prudent to use them.

Diegosilver's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2017

We had a similar experience. We stored goods with them and when the company fell on hard times they sold our goods without notice.

Hunmanby's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2021

Hi. Glad to have read this. Same happened to me. Tiger removals sub contracted this out without informing me. Turned up late no bubble wrap or boxes. Chucked the furniture around so base ripped. Missing items. Brand new dyson cord,ses and others. Took me time to phone them as there was no one in the house until August. The company said they use reputable people and never had this problem before. Rude and unprofessional.

Read 2 Comments

“Cheap.. but broken crockery with no compensation!”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by Thaliaw185 (1 review written)

Our story seems very similar to many of the others on here. We moved recently, a distance of about 4 miles. I found their company through a tendering website and they came up with a cheap quote. The manager came round to assess the house and volume to be moved. All very friendly. I got a promise that there would be three movers, a large van, our kids' trampoline would be dismantled for us, and they would turn up early on the move day. They arrived late on the day, a man down - the excuse being that this guy had a sick child in hospital, an excuse that was of course impossible to challenge. They set to work quickly and efficiently, although packed in a haphazard way with things from different rooms put in the same box. They had a small van and had to make two trips to get all our stuff over - we also had to dismantle the trampoline ourselves and ended up helping them shift the big things as there were only two of them. After they had left we found approximately 100 pounds worth of damage to crockery. I assumed they would have some kind of insurance or compensation arrangement, but the manager has ignored repeated emails over the last 2 months. In some ways I suppose we got what we paid for, but I cannot recommend this company unless you have nothing delicate to be shifted or need the absolute cheapest price!

“Move fast, move cheap then NO customer service.”

Written on: 28/04/2014 by snips39 (1 review written)

I recently moved after arranging the move via telephone and text. The manager called and gave me a quote and we arranged a time and date. Prior to the move the manager was very communicative and wanted to help me move with as little stress as possible. I had arranged to pack myself and the removal team turned up as arranged. The team were, fast, friendly and efficient and as far as I was aware .....careful. My destination address was only a short drive away and my partner was there awaiting the removal team as I cleaned my old house. I arrived at my new house as the removals had finished unloading. As I sorted through my belongings and whilst moving things to the correct rooms and assembling my furniture I uncovered some damage. Having confirmed with the manager that he had insurance prior to the move I did not think this would be a problem. I took some pictures and e-mailed them to the manager but he has not wanted to contact me or try to resolve my damage that has occurred. My advice is if you use this firm is don't pay until you have checked your belongings and any problems are resolved.

“Tigers Removals - Brilliant Friendly Service”

Written on: 28/03/2013 by Claretpaul (2 reviews written)

We relocated from West Yorkshire to West Lothian in January 2013 (some 217 miles), with me taking a new job in Scotland. The whole build up to the house move was very stressful but the move itself went like a dream. Tigers supplied plenty of boxes well in advance of the move day and the service on the day was exemplary. All of the lads were friendly, the packing process was efficient and they got to the destination before we did. And even though we had a power cut (in the dark) half way through the unload, they coped admirably. And the price was comfortably the lowest we were quoted, which made this tight Yorkshireman very happy! All round excellent service and value for money.

“Wonderful!!!”

Written on: 27/06/2012

The guys arrived on time. Got stuck in , were very polite, friendly and very organised. They had to wait for over an hour for the solicitors to release our keys to our new home and they never once complained or charged any extra. I would not hesitate to use them again. They were super. A very good value for money service with friendly people. I have read some of the other bad reviews but can honestly say that we did not experience any problems what so ever. Some people will moan about everything. Give these lads a chance, they are hard working. Yes they may not be the super duper professional removal company, but then you are not paying their price! TIGERS REMOVALS ROCKS.

“Excellant Removal company!!!!!!”

Written on: 08/06/2012

i have the guys move me to canterbury from Hull and the lads couldnt have been any nicer!!

“Just don't do it.”

Written on: 02/04/2012

Please heed the reviews on here and don't go with Tigers. It's a wonder they are still in business at all. Most unhelpful, rude, ignorant people I have ever had the bad luck to deal with. They may be cheap but what's that saying? You get what you pay for. Or much less in this case! By all means go with Tigers if you want damaged property, rude drivers who turn up late or not at all, no proof of insurance, and bad customer service to top it all off. Otherwise find someone else, I recommend York Removals!

“An absolute disaster”

Written on: 22/03/2012 by browncat77 (1 review written)

I ordered a complete packing and large van for my removal. I was told this is what I was going to get. I informed them that I had a lot of stuff. They said that thed would send 3 men and large van. Only 2 arrived and small van. They did not pack anything except some cheap glasses. Still have a complete roll of bubble wrape. They took no care with with my belongings. Two runs to new home and they just plonked all my stuff in middle of my rooms. There has been about up to £3,000 worth of damage. They left 2 full car loads of stuff back at my old property. They ignored telephone conversations from my support worker as I was so upset and 5 letters from my advisor who has been working for me. I now have to claim from my insurance company. How could they do this to me a disabled, single ,elderly lady. Don't use them

“cheap, fast and reliable”

Written on: 20/09/2011 by Jamei (1 review written)

We moved from Hull to Leeds, we were delivered several free boxes well in advance. There were two people came to remove all our goods, they were surprisingly strong !!, polite and quick, they uploaded everything in about 30 min without causing any damage. After the move they were very quick in replying my e-mails in providing me with quotation and invoice. I highly recommend them to everyone specially to my doctors colleagues.

“Tiger Removals Hull”

Written on: 22/08/2011 by hallidaya1 (1 review written)

I used this company at the end of july. They were very helpful, blokes worked very hard. No damage to any property, clean van and sensible movers. Reasonably priced too, they supplied bubble wrap. I was very happy with tiger removals.

“Terrible”

Written on: 29/07/2011

Truly awful. Avoid at all cost!

“Left us high and dry”

Written on: 29/07/2011

Do not go with this removals company. They are cheap but it really isn't worth it. We were moving from one side of the country to the other and they just left us with no van and no help. Apparently one of their guys had been arrested... what kind of people do they employ?? They are not organised at all, they assured me that they were "fully insured" but avoided producing documentation or details to prove it when they were asked. They also did not even ask how much stuff was in our house, so I wouldn't have been surprised if, had they actually turned up, they brought a van that was too small for us. Just pay that bit extra and get a company who will actually be there, on time, and get you moved!! Tigers is a joke of a removals company.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2011

Insurance document are all in check thank you and you would have received a copy if the move did go ahead, we have apologised and have tried to organise someone else, you did produce details of your belongings and how many rooms you had!
I am sure you would have received a professional service had we have been able to help but unforseen circumstances do happen! Thanks for your comment!

Annoyedinleeds's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2011

Sounds just like what happened to us, I am also thinking that tigers themselves are writing the reviews, shocking lack of service all round! wouldnt provide us with insurance documentation when they have damaged a large amount of our property! said it would 'void there policy!' avoid at all costs!!

Blah899's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2011

Funny how there are a couple of excellent reviews of Tigers on here and all the rest are terrible, isn't it? Not that I am implying they would dream of doing something like writing positive reviews for themselves to make up for the negatives... :)

The company became very defensive at the slightest criticism, I had a very unprofessional email from them as a result of my complaints and my review on here. I would not like to be dealing with them had I actually given them some money and be trying to get it back.

Luckily we managed to arrange a last minute removal with York Removals, who were absolutely fantastic. I don't think Tigers tried very hard to organise someone else for us, as it did not take us long to find York Removals.

Just avoid them.