Vax Power 2 Pet Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

Vax Power 2 Pet - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vax Power 2 Pet

“Useless piece of Rubbish”

written by keeeefy on 16/08/2014

Keeeefy West Sussex I've had this useless machine for a couple of years now, and I can tell you every time I get it out to do some cleaning I hate it more!!!!! It's the worse vacuum I've ever owned!!!! Unless you keep the two filters clean regular then your old granny could suck with more power. It has a nice little button to open the bottom of the dust chamber but then the fun starts you have to take the filter assembly out in clouds of dust. Then you have to dismantle it and bash both pieces on the side of your wheelie bin, producing a dust cloud that will cover you from head to toe.By now you may getting the picture what I haven't you is this almost has to be do every time you get the bad designed useless piece of rubbish out of it resting place. Well now it's resting place is at the local tip and i'll never compromise on buying a vac again. I hope this review will save at least one unsuspecting person from the same aggravation. Bye Bye Vax Powerless 2 :)

“Don't waste your money on this machine”

written by Customers Revolt on 20/11/2012

My husband bought this as he said the Dyson was overrated! Big mistake. This is the worst vacuum cleaner I have ever had and that's saying something. The filter gets clogged within seconds, it's a nightmare to empty and the suction is almost non-existent. The brushes on the main head are not spinning so nothing is now getting picked up. If I could find the receipt (which I can't!!!) I would return it. I think I'll just leave the vacuuming to my husband as he bought the stupid thing! Don't waste time and money - buy a Dyson.

“With a passion ”

written by paperlace1 on 11/09/2012

I hate this machine with a passion. Sure it has loads of suction but it is compromised as soon as you start using it. the fill capacity is so small that it has to be emptied after hoovering a 3m x 4m carpet. So if you have a dog it is of no use what so ever, despite its name. It overheats so easily then you have to wait hours for the thermal switch to reset. the filters are really fiddly to but back together. A real disadvantage considering it has to be emptied and cleaned with each carpet. the tools are flimsy and the design is ill conceived. As soon as i can afford a new machine i will dumping this one in a skip. so come on vax give us back your original design because they were robust and did exactly what they said on the tin.

“practically useless”

written by bobcat171 on 24/10/2011

Having owned a Dyson for 13 years before having to replace it I suppose I'm spoiled but I expected more from this machine after reading the rave reviews. At first it was acceptable - not great. The design is terrible, it's a difficult and extremely messy job to empty the cylinder, and the filter is a nightmare as it constantly clogs. I'm forever tripping over the power cord as it comes straight out of the bottom of the machine and unless you keep a stern hold of it you will stand on it every time you move. It's unwieldy and heavy to manouvre. I could live with all this as I have only two carpets in my house and it IS great for stairs - I have 3 cats and a dog so shedding is a MAJOR issue especially on stairs. The suction is excellent though it does make it very heavy to move over thick carpet. My latest issue is the belt. It has broken and after spending the better part of an hour trying to remove the casing to get to the damn thing I'm seriously considering dumping it and getting a new cleaner. In conclusion if you're looking for a powerful vacuum that won't break your back when you try to use it, doesn't mess up your clean floor when you try to empty it and doesn't need the biceps of schwartzenegger to do simple repairs then spend a bit more cash and get yourself a dyson, I wish I had.

“Vax Power Pet 2”

written by on 20/07/2011

We bought this machine as we had a vax wet and dry for 18 years and has been brilliant - big mistake. The turbo brush works until you put it on the carpet, and the only way to pick up pet hair is to use no tools at all, which scratches our wooden floors and takes about half an hour to clean a rug. The small tool with the red strip had started to come apart and the large tool only works on hard floors. The machine is heavy and does not move easily over carpet, the handle is in the wrong place as you can't switch the machine off from the front as it covers the switches. This is our second vax in 3 months - the other model had to be returned as when it was picked up by the handle attached to the removable cylinder, the cylinder lifted away from the machine with a total loss of suction making it useless for stairs!The handle was redesigned at the cost of the ease of switching off. Have contacted vax several times but no joy, their customer service is non existent. Needless to say I will not buy another Vax as their standards have gone downhill rapidly.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2011

And I thought it was just me! It's a wonder Vax are still in business. H.O. Manchester

“I wanted this vacuum having recently got myself a...”

written by FemmeFatale on 14/05/2011

I wanted this vacuum having recently got myself a Akita puppy. A few days after receiving the hoover, he started to cast his winter coat...VERY badly! This hoover has been an absolute godsend. It picks up all the dog hair from my wooden floors, my carpets, my sofas. It has fantastic suction that can be adjusted to suit your needs easily with a slider on the hoover. It comes with a number of different attachments to suit all needs.

It is a little heavy but light enough to be carried up and down stairs with little effort, also small enough to store and move around easily. I love the design, looks almost a little girly! Feels very well made and sturdy. Also was suprised at how quiet it is compared to my old vacuum.

It is so easy to empty out. Just unhook the container, hold it over the bin, press the button and voila...empty. I also love being able to see how much dirt and fur it is picking up as I am hoovering.

All in all - for pet owners this is a must have. If your home gets as covered in pet hair as mine does, you will absolutely not regret purchasing this hoover. It is worth paying the extra money for (compared to cheaper brands that tend to blow the fur around rather than pick it up). Also comes with a fantastic guarantee from Vax. Can't go wrong!

“I have just got a VAX Power 2 Pet C90-P2N-P cylinder...”

written by Susiwen on 11/05/2011

I have just got a VAX Power 2 Pet C90-P2N-P cylinder vacuum cleaner. So far I am very pleased with it and can't find any major faults. It is compact, lighttweight to manoeuvre, and appears to pick up a lot from the carpets with very little effort. It has a good extendable hose, which is great for the stairs. Very easy to empty and clean, and bagless which is a bonus. I don't have pets but tend to leave my own hair most places ! which it picks up easily. My husband has dust allergies, and the Heopa filters trap the dust, so no problems there. Comes with a 2 year guarantee. There is an adjustable power switch which assists with suction for areas which need a bit of extra help. Excellent value for money and would definitely recommend this product

“the power 2 pet c90-p2n-p cylinder cleaner has no...”

written by ann gray on 08/05/2011

the power 2 pet c90-p2n-p cylinder cleaner has no faults if your looking for a new cleaner you,ve just found it is light weight but sturdy stylish and modern,long hose for stairs,nice long cable,easy to empty, my daughter came to try it and her first word was wow it has adjustable power setting from very low for gentle jobs to a very powerfull high setting
a very well designed cleaner its brilliant on pet hair my carpets look like new again its good range of tools the turbo brush is brilliant
i was looking for one that was good for pet hairs but also light to carry
and was modern i just found it i recomend this one to everyone

“This is the best cylinder cleaner we have ever had....”

written by on 06/05/2011

This is the best cylinder cleaner we have ever had. It's powerful enough to remove the dog fur left by our 2 dogs from our cream carpets. The power cable is nice and long and reaches all around our Bungalow, without the annoying unplugging and plugging back in a different socket. The onboard tools are handy for all those awkward little places,and for the ground in pet hair the Turbo brush does the job with ease. With washable HEPA filters this is a value for money vacuum, not too heavy to move around with ease and is light on the wallet compared to other brands of this quality.

“Absolutely Useless, don't buy it the mesh filter clogs...”

written by on 26/03/2011

Absolutely Useless, don't buy it the mesh filter clogs before you finish even 1 room. Very bad design!!!

“ I have 2 long haired dogs & it blows the hair...”

written by on 06/03/2011

I have 2 long haired dogs & it blows the hair everywhere, especially when using it on hard surfaces. Good on carpets.

“great hoover picks up very well have 2 dogs and a cat...”

written by pam152 on 02/02/2011

great hoover picks up very well have 2 dogs and a cat and picks up all their hairs great value for price had no problems at all had this hoover around 2 months easy to use fantastic for price picks up so much dirt its great

“I have had to replace the drive belt after about one...”

written by on 27/01/2011

I have had to replace the drive belt after about one month as the brushes were not turning. This was very difficult as the base had to be removed. Ater replacing the belt it was even more difficult to reassemble ,line up all the parts and screw all the screws back in, particularly the screw at the height adjuster. On wooden floors the dust etc is blown away instead of being caught by the suction and blows into corners and up the walls. It is very noisy, the on/off switch is awkwardly placed and the cable gets caught under the vacuum. The next time the drive belt needs replaced I will be dumping this in a skip. Vax power2 pet.

“Absolutely useless. The vaccum hose does not lock into...”

written by on 23/08/2010

Absolutely useless. The vaccum hose does not lock into position at all. Being over 6ft makes hoovering bent double very uncomfortable. A lot of dirt gets caught in the head, rather than making its way to the collection bucket. It lacks power and its design of being much wider at the back than at the front means that a few walls and doors have been chipped. The handle to pick the main part of the vacuum up is also at the back which makes carrying it (especially upstairs) very difficult. Would definitely not recommend Vax hoovers. Getting through to their customer service dept by phone is impossible and if you email them as they suggest, they only state that you need to call them. I would guess most people give up with their complaint at this stage!
Will stick with Philips vacuums next time.

“My husband and I run a four star Bed & Breakfast and...”

written by dragonfly63 on 29/06/2010

My husband and I run a four star Bed & Breakfast and have a lot of carpets to maintain to a high standard. Although I already had an upright Dyson I got fed-up of dragging it up the stairs (we have two sets as our accomodation is separate from the guest's) and wanted a small, compact cylinder cleaner that I could leave upstairs in the guest accommodation. The cupboard is not very big and the fact that the pipe is telescopic was a big plus, as it stores in a relatively small space.

The bagless container is very easy to remove for emptying and it holds a surprisingly large amount of dust for it's size (essential if I don't want to be running up and down stairs every five minutes to empty it).

It has a sliding power control so it can be really gentle for curtains, upholstery etc, or extremely powerful for assorted bit of beach and bracken. It also has a slide on the pipe to make it even more gentle if needed, useful for lampshades.

It has two wheels and drags behind quite efficiently when cleaning, and it has a long power cord, a definite plus.

It has three additional tools - a long thin pipe, a brush and a small nozzle. The solid pipe comes off the hose very easily for spot cleaning, edges, spiders etc.

The numerous small drawbacks stop it from getting a higher score:-
There is nowhere to store the additional tools.

The telescopic pipe doesn't always lock into the extended position very easily and it could do with being a little longer. I am 5'5" and using it for any length of time gives me back ache.

The dust container comes out very easily and is simple to take apart but can cause more than a few swear words to slip out when trying to get it back together.

It has a tendency to rollover if you forget it's trailing behind and has taken the paintwork off a few door jambs - but this is probaby a fault in the user rather than the machine.

Overall, for just under £65 it is a good buy and not one that I regret, it is great for my purposes but I wouldn't want this as my main cleaner.

“WOW Fantastic a must for all pet owners. I have an...”

written by on 24/05/2010

WOW Fantastic a must for all pet owners. I have an array of pets ranging from rats to chinchillas and dogs this cleaner is amazing every last hair gone. Does need emptying more than my last upright cleaner. Amazing uction power handy tools for getting into awkward places great lead length can reach to the top of stairs no problem. No more tripping over leads as it is fully retractable. Lightweight and easy to manage. Well worth the value give it a try even non pet owners will be amazed best cylinder on the market.

“Product was really easy to use straight out of the...”

written by on 22/05/2010

Product was really easy to use straight out of the box. The suction is really good and it had no trouble at all with even really long, stubborn cat hairs and stray bits of gerbil bedding! I found it very easy to maintain and clean out too. The turbo toll is very good on my fabric sofas and other soft furnishings. The tool holder is very clever and keeps all the bits and bobs that you need close to hand and easy to access. A highly recommended product.

“I have owned the Vax Power 2 Pet C90-P2-P for a while...”

written by garymackem on 19/05/2010

I have owned the Vax Power 2 Pet C90-P2-P for a while now, wetend to go through a lot of hoovers but tis seems a lot more durable than most.
It is a little beauty, and very manouverable, and looks fantastic.
Theerare two options to empty this machine my favourite beuing the one handed option using the button.
This has a good number of atachments and has a Turbo Brush for pet hairs which definetly does the job.

Well woth prucjhasing

“Had mine just over 2 weeks and although some might say...”

written by caddi2303 on 18/05/2010

Had mine just over 2 weeks and although some might say not long enough Ive gotta say I am soooo impressed with it I would recommend it to anyone.
I have had different hoovers but this one is definitley the best ever!!! Yes that is EVER>> Its called Power 2 pet , made by Vax and its brilliant
Its compact but nice looking, has its own little personality and I love it. The rubbish cylinder is sooo easy to emtpy and you have a choice of 2 ways to empty it!!!! How cool is that , the filters really do dry within 24 hrs of washing and wash well they do. the lead is longer than ususal, it gets almost around all if my house (bungalow) with out having to plug in elsewhere. I used it in the car the other day as my dogs have a habit of leaving their make in the car and it took a 1/4 of the time to get clean and it did a great job, not an ok job like my old hoover but a great job and so much easier & quicker. The pipe is long bu tyou have the choice of lenght from lil ones to tall lads it does the job.
MY ADVICE IF YOU LOOKING TO BUY THEN BUY THIS IS GREAT AND REALLY 'DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN'

“I got this vacuum (Vax Power 2 Pet C90-P2-P) about 1...”

written by charlenehuntley on 18/05/2010

I got this vacuum (Vax Power 2 Pet C90-P2-P) about 1 week ago now. It's a excellent hoover for pet owners or may be people with kids who make lots of mess!! I would say it has the be the best hoover so far that i have used...it's lightweight, easy to pull and comes with several tools/accessories that help you get into every nook/cranny or hard places to reach. It is bagless - so you save lots of money on bags and it can be easily emptied by the touch of a button. It has a power changer switch so you can vary the power of suction. The cylinder/filter comes apart easily so it can be cleaned and maintained. It has a HEPA filter which is specially for people who suffer with allergies. The only downside to the hoover is its size...it is quite large and would be hard to store in a small cupboard but it's definitely worth paying for and I have recommended the hoover to all my friends/family!