Oscar's Wine Bar York Reviews

1.0
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

Oscar's Wine Bar York - Ask a question now

“Recently returned to Oscar's after a year or two and...”

written by Pentaquark on 10/02/2010

Recently returned to Oscar's after a year or two and sadly I can no longer say one good thing about it! I may as well just list the bad points:

- Ignored when we came in (waitress clocked us and ignored us);
- Had to wait 20mins to be seated, other people were prioritised over us;
- Food selection is very poor (if you don't want a burger);
- Staff are NOT friendly;
- Food quality is poor;
- Music is DEAFENING! (we were shouting);
- When we asked for the music to be turned down we were ignored (but told they would do it - yeah, right);
- Food is expensive;
- When we complained our comments were ignored (we had to shout them to be heard!) and met with abuse;
- Both myself and my partner suffered from food poisoning shortly afterwards;

I would never return here. There are so many lovely restaurants in York, don't waste your time with this one!