Melanie Jackson, The Selkie Bride Reviews

Melanie Jackson, The Selkie Bride - Ask a question now

“Selkie Bride is wonderful”

Written on: 30/03/2021 by ChrisWhitworth26 (3 reviews written)

I found Melanie Jackson via Liker.com's book page. She is a marvelous author, her characters are real and in depth. I have always had my "nose in a book" and probably read several hundred a year. My wife too. Selkie Bride was one of the first of her work I read, and for us, very difficult to obtain (We live in Poland, and had to order it second hand from America) -we do not buy from Amazon on principle, they are evil. It was worth the 3 month wait for delivery! My son lives in the Hebrides, and… Read Full Review

“The Selkie Bride ”

Written on: 23/01/2010 by Harriet Klausner (18637 reviews written)

The Selkie Bride
Melanie Jackson
Love Spell, Feb 2010, $7.99
ISBN: 9780505528346

In 1923 recently widowed Megan Colbin believes that in death her late abusive husband did one good deed for her unlike what he did to her in life; he left her a cottage near allegedly cursed Findloss, Scotland. A storm buried the coastal village under tons of sand only fifty years later, Findloss resurfaced with all its buildings intact, but not a soul or human remains anywhere.

Lachlan arrives from seemingly the… Read Full Review

Chriswhitworth26's Response to Harriet Klausner's Review

Written on: 30/03/2021

A fair summary, but not emphasising enough that the people characterisations are very real, the area and landscape too (My son lives there) and that it is totally gripping. Highly recommended!

Read 1 Comment