Optiplan Reviews - www.optiplankitchens.co.uk

Optiplan - www.optiplankitchens.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Optiplan - www.optiplankitchens.co.uk

Optiplan - www.optiplankitchens.co.uk

“Absolutely dreadful ”

Written on: 21/06/2022 by Margaretdacosta (1 review written)

I had an Optiplan kitchen installed 2 weeks ago. There were multiple issues with delivery as it had been sent out in the wrong lorry and the driver sat in my Lane for 3 hours before driving away with the new kitchen inside! I was told delivery would be rescheduled for the next day and there was a knock on the door that evening and there it was. Once fitted there was damaged panel and a missing unity. Trying to actually speak to anyone has been impossible. The phone rings for up to an hour and then cuts off. When I emailed my customer service named person, I was told she was on leave and deal with it on her return. I have never dealt with any company, having purchased a £16,000 kitchen excluding all appliances, that is further away from customer service than Optiplan. Eventually I was told the unit was arriving only to receive an email that same day, to say it is not. My kitchen fitters are shocked and just how dreadful they are. They now are unable to tell me when I will receive it and the worst thing is that they are not concerned. I would avoid this company at all costs. My sister used a local family business for her bespoke kitchen and I wish I had done the same because they actually care about their reputation and were so responsive. Be very, very careful with Optiplan, once they have your money they have zero interest.

“Excellent design service but terrible aftecare”

Written on: 16/10/2021 by DravenCarroll (1 review written)

We were very happy with the service we originally received from Optiplan when we purchased our new kitchen complete with 20 year guarantee. However now 10 years later the laminate is falling off the bottom of several of the cupboards! We contacted customer services by email and they were not prepared to offer any help whatsover or advise how we could rectify it ourselves. This response is most unhelpful and unacceptable. Surely a kitchen costing over £15k should have better customer service than this. We consider a 20 year guarantee to be a guarantee for 20 years against defects.

Markdrury's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2021

We have exactly the same experience. Optiplan trying to avoid their responsibilities with the 20 year guarantee. I am very interested to know whether you have any update?

“Would Not Recommend”

Written on: 28/06/2021 by JanGeo (2 reviews written)

We purchased a kitchen from Optiplan many years ago. We had a few problems after installation which were all dealt with swiftly and to our satisfaction. As a result of this positive experience when we needed a new kitchen for our present home, we turned to Optiplan again. Unfortunately, our experience this time around has not been at all positive with regard to the After Sales service. We reported some minor issues immediately after installation in December 2019 (pre COVID) and 18 months later still nothing has been addressed. Emails have been totally ignored except for a standard COVID blaming response, the last of which was received nearly 8 months ago. Telephone enquiries go unanswered. The issues that we have would take probably no more than half a day to rectify and so it is hugely disappointing that After Sales have soured the whole experience it does leave a nasty taste of everyone's had their money we're no longer interested. The follow up care that you receive from a Company in the event of things not going quite right is crucial especially with such a large purchase with so many different elements involved. It is the After Sales attention to the client that brings positive feedback, repeat business and recommendations. Following this experience with Optiplan Kitchens, we would not recommend.

“Absolutely awful”

Written on: 10/05/2021 by KitchenNightmare (1 review written)

Absolutely awful, shop elsewhere please! Issues so far: Kitchen measured wrong so units don’t fit, oven housing wrong design, wrong sink and dustbin doesn’t fit in the cupboard it’s designed for. If they were working hard to resolve the issues that would be one thing, but it’s me chasing them and they’ve dragged their heals for so long I now have a house without a kitchen and no where else to live (our baby is 7 days old). Optiplan just don’t care it seems, once they’ve got your money good luck getting a resolution to any issues. I would suggest using Diy-kitchens.com, they did our utility room and it’s lovely, far cheaper and had no issues. Wish I’d used them for the main kitchen (or indeed anyone else). Actually embarrassed I recommended Optiplan to my brother.

“DO NOT BUY FROM OPTIPLAN”

Written on: 12/11/2020

DO NOT BUY AN OPTIPLAN KITCHEN!! If I could have give 0 stars, I would have. I had an optiplan kitchen 20 years ago and had a wonderful experience. I had one in August 2020 and have had a horrendous experience. I filed an official complaint in August via email as stated in their policies. The automated response says someone will be in touch within 48hrs...here we are 3 months later and nothing. I had called time and time again with empty promises of someone calling me back but they never do! I'm at my wit's end. The kitchen had many damaged and missing items. The fitter was so RUDE and unprofessional. But to be honest,the worst part is being unable to officially complain. As soon as they take your money, they aren't interested. Honestly,go elsewhere!!

Bigglesmark's Comment

Written on: 13/02/2021

I totally agree with you, I used to work with them but found there shoddy treatment of customers completely unacceptable. Once they have your money they couldn't give a monkeys about customer satisfaction.
You have no recall on them either because you have to pay 100% of the cost of your kitchen before they will even deliver it.
Take it from someone who really knows and spend your money somewhere else.

“showroom visit”

Written on: 17/07/2020 by hmBaird480 (1 review written)

I had a very pleasant initial visit to the Windlesham showroom. I felt confident that everything was clean and Covid compliant. The salesperson was courteous and very helpful. I am just doing my initial research at the moment but will definitely be returning to this showroom once I have more detailed plans.

“Awful”

Written on: 18/02/2020 by glenc (319 reviews written)

We have a kitchen which is around 3 years old. A corner unit has broken, their warantee is only 12 months (which possibly tells you something about their confidence) and having spent now 5 weeks trying to get a response from Optiplan I'm starting get quite annoyed with them. They are not cheap kitchens but the quality is really poor overall. Other than the broken unit there are many, many chips in the paintwork and a lot of the units feel quite cheap when you open the doors. Really dissapointed that they have such a dreadful after sales 'service' - basically from my experience it appears that they really are not interested in people having issues and this seems to be backed up by some of the other reviews here. Such a shame a kitchen company can't get it right in this day and age. Personally I would avoid them.

“Stage 1. Design and Survey Review”

Written on: 26/07/2019 by Cody43 (1 review written)

My wife and I decided to replace our 23 year old kitchen, designed and installed by Optiplan. After reviewing 5 other potential suppliers we decided to choose Optiplan again based on our excellent previous experience. Whilst not the cheapest option we wanted a high quality kitchen from a supplier that managed the whole project. Our experience of the kitchen design phase carried out in store was excellent where plenty of help and advice was available from the designer on exploring the options available to meet our needs and aspirations.. They were very accommodating to our changes of mind as we gradually over 3 visits to the Camberley branch finalised our design, fixtures, fittings and equipment. The follow up home visit by the Surveyor was also excellent with good advice and minor changes and final details for installation were agreed.

“Be warned - extremely after purchase service”

Written on: 22/06/2019 by Optiplan-Grrr (1 review written)

Very poor experience of optiplan - we had a fairly straightforward installation. It’s been over 9 weeks since the kitchen was started. The fitters have been today (independent trade men’s - excellent BTW) and still items are missing. The communication has been extremely poor and we have been without information for large periods of time. We have requested compensation but the company says that under no circumstances do they provide compensation (?) the delivery guys as well as the kitchen fitter both said that many customers have had similar issues and that the customer service is generally very bad. The kitchen fitter informed us today that he no longer intends to do work for Optiplan - so, be warned!

“Appalling workmanship. 4 years old. Doors falling off. ”

Written on: 11/09/2018 by ElsieFinch (1 review written)

Our experience was flawed from start. We used Basingstoke branch and designer plans would not work. This was picked up by surveyor. We then waited 6 weeks for revised plans and these still incorrect. Kitchen fitted appallingly - nothing straight, bad cuts on side panels, worktop cut too short, worktop moved when lent against. Their policy is majority is paid up front before fitting so very stressful time as we were extremely unhappy with our kitchen. After 6 weeks another fitter spent 3.5 days trying to correct the mistakes. Over the years we have constantly had to adjust hinges as cupboard doors drop. In our 4th year 2 have fallen off. We are now having to replace our kitchen less than 5 years old.

“Do not deal with this company. Tried to sting us for...”

Written on: 08/03/2018 by KaliyahMcKinney189 (1 review written)

Do not deal with this company. Tried to sting us for £1600 deposit and only accepted that a £100 deposit was advertised on their offer when this was pointed out to them. As potential customers took 2 working days to get back to us after we left a message with the designer. Needless to say we have not gone forward with the order

“The worst experience and be careful”

Written on: 14/12/2017 by 118Cantrell (1 review written)

Kitchen designer is more like a sales man, only care about you signing up paper work instead of the most functional plan for you; fitter pay no attention to details and after met with planner and worktop people, still put socket too low for ready cut worktop to be fit; arguing for ages to deny his mistake and pointing fingers around; service is horrible; terribly delayed and payment system is silly.

“Ongoing Issues”

Written on: 25/05/2017 by MichaelaFlanagan235 (1 review written)

Knaphill Branch I recommend avoid for the following reasons: - Planning service is poor. - They try to sting you for additional charges at survey stage - saying the plan is different. - Try to sting you for additional fitting charges saying the fitting is more complex than originally allowed for. - Fitters caused damage to door during fitting. - Making a claim on warranty is straight forward but getting them to produce a replacement in a timely manner is impossible - you go into a long queue and are fitted around other work. - Avoid the painted finishes - you will get scratches and dust embedded in the paint. - Stick to one of there standard edges or you will never get a match.

“Over the Moon”

Written on: 17/03/2017 by LFBird (1 review written)

We dealt with the Thatcham Branch. We are doing a house renovation and have been dealing with many companies. Optiplan from design through to implementation have been excellent. All of our requests/ideas were considered and together we came up with a kitchen of my dreams. The installation was completed professionally and the fitter was experienced and engaging. There is nothing that I can complain about, I have since recommended and will continue to recommend this company and in particular the Thatcham Branch. Thank you.

Marcia.at.thatcham's Response to LFBird's Review

Written on: 20/03/2017

Kind regards,
Marcia - Thatcham Optiplan.

Read 1 Comment

“Initially good - warranty claim issues”

Written on: 11/02/2017 by Aderb00001 (1 review written)

Our initial design in 2010 from the Thatcham Optiplan outlet was great (much better than other kitchen companies). We chose a gloss white kitchen with a few curved end units top and bottom, and a curved pan drawer underneath the hob. The install in early 2011 was really good - all units were aligned perfectly, including filler panels, cutouts were very clean - it looked great. After 4 years we noticed the white foil wrap was beginning to go yellow, on virtually all doors, cupboards, and end panels. Only one set of drawers remained white which is how we noticed. I called Optiplan as they have a 20 year warranty, and they were quick to respond, and ordered all new end panels, doors, drawers, filler panels and kickboards - with no hassle. Very happy at this point. We've now had these fitted however we have some issues with the replacements (apparently made by a different company): - All doors and drawers were quite misaligned initially - we had to ask to get them aligned properly (we didn't have to with the first install) - The doors and drawer fronts are not flat - they all bow out in the middle - one door has a 5mm gap to the cabinet at the door middle! Most others have about a 1mm gap. - The drawer fronts bow out also and consequently look ill fitting - on one set the bottom of the drawer front has been tied to the drawer bottom pulling it in but the top sticks out. - The replacement filler panels now stick out higher and lower than the doors (they were level before) - so either the doors are shorter or the filler panels are cut longer this time - The fitter didn't fill half of the gaps to the wall where panels had been replaced - and by the cooker hood only filled half of the gap! We're currently trying to get these issues resolved but the office is being rather reluctant claiming that the filler panels are supposed to be like this, and almost refusing to acknowledge any issues with the bowing doors and drawer fronts. We'll keep trying, and if these issues are resolved I will update this review and score ...

“Great customer service”

Written on: 17/12/2016 by Debbie55 (1 review written)

We had our kitchen refitted by optiplan in August 2016. We have been very pleased with the quality of the design service, the units and particularly their aftercare. 5 months after our new kitchen was fitted our glass sink shattered completely. Within a week optiplan had arranged for a new sink to be delivered and sent one of their plumbers at the weekend to fit it. We were very pleased particularly as it happened 2 weeks before xmas.

“Great people, great product, great result!”

Written on: 07/11/2016

The design of the kitchen is the most important part of the journey in transforming your kitchen. Optiplan took 6 weeks and four designs before we found the ideal design and layout. I took the decision to project manage the whole process over three months. Although whole project took longer, it was worth it. The fitters were excellent, very tidy and professional. Gave opinions when asked (well they have being fitting kitchens for a long time), which i'm very grateful for because they contributed to the fantastic kitchen I now have. Don't be afraid to say no I don'the like the design, keep going until you find what your looking for, Optiplan have the skills and expertise to get it right. It'seems not the cheapest, nor is it expensive. Add ons happen, but that's because you are only going to do this once, put a little extra in the kitty to get the perfect result. Would recommend Optiplan without hesitation.

Marcia.at.thatcham's Comment

Written on: 08/11/2016

Thank you so much for your lovely review - the photo's looked fantastic!
Marcia.

Read 1 Comment

“Lovely Designed Kitchen Let Down By Poor Back Up &...”

Written on: 05/11/2016 by 78Murphy (1 review written)

We were originally very impressed by Optiplan. We spoke at length to the person I dealt with at the Wimborne branch on the first visit who asked all the right questions and said that the kitchen we wanted could be supplied within our budget. A few days later he came to our house and we spoke at length about what we wanted and he suggested some really clever touches that we hadn't thought of. Together we were really happy to place an order. Over the next few weeks we tweaked and changed a couple of things and the person I dealt with / Optiplan were very helpful. The kitchen was delivered on the agreed date and this was when things started to go wrong. After a couple of days our fitters pointed out that we didn't have enough plinth and that a couple of other things hadn't been delivered that we wanted or expected. I called Optiplan and was told that the parts would be made and delivered in 5 weeks time. A real pain, as it meant that we had to reschedule our fitters to return. When the parts did turn up the plinths were clearly damaged and a door that I had measured and requested had been made too small. After many phone calls and Optiplan's own fitter calling in to us, we were told that the parts were to be made again and delivered in 2 weeks. We are very happy with the finished product but the route to get there was really stressful and unnecessary. Our designer was badly let down his head office. Our house extension took 5 months and everything was done on schedule and too a high standard but the only company to mess up was Optiplan.

“Kitchen and utility room”

Written on: 30/09/2016 by JanetteBM (1 review written)

Fantastic experience at the planning stage with suggestions for all the ideas and problem areas we had. It took some time but there is nothing I would change. We were fully informed at every stage of the planning and knew every cost up front We added the utility room to the order and it was planned in such a way that the space is so much more practical Delivery was exactly on time and all well packed. We used the builder and fitter recommended and they liaised together to make sure all happened seamlessly with minimum disruption to us using the house and left everything swept and tidy daily I have just recommended to my daughter and also a neighbour

“Love our new kitchen!”

Written on: 27/09/2016 by Brightwalton (1 review written)

We'd had a horrible time with a disorganised company who'd built our summer house( they went into administration soon afterwards) and quite frankly I was apprehensive about having anything to do with any company. We went with Optiplan because the previous kitchen in the house we'd bought was an Optiplan kitchen and there was a 25% off promotion. We wanted to keep the old lay out but I wasn't sure what style I wanted. I needn't have worried. The advisor from the beginning guided us painlessly to the style and colour that was best for our home. She was calm and seemed to have a solution for most problems.I felt I could trust her judgement and I'm glad I did. The technical chap who checked out that the plans would work, before installation, was a bit of a disappointment to work with, but he's no longer with the company.The fitter did a great job. The team who organised the INSTALLATION were absolutely brilliant; well organised, courteous and quick to sort out any issues. I felt they were on our side all the way through and were excellent in communicating with us. Never had to chase them up. It took the stress out of what is inevitably a bit of an upheaval. Only down side is having to make payments to separate people ( eg delivery, granite top installers, fitter) rather than just one payment to Optiplan. All in all very happy with the quality of workmanship and the look of our new kitchen! Worth the upheaval.

Marcia.at.thatcham's Response to Brightwalton's Review

Written on: 28/09/2016

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I can't wait to come and take some photos.
Marcia - Thatcham Optiplan

Asked by Robbie987 on 29th July 2014 Report this content
Where is the thermostat control on a Capel fridge/freezer RI736? Mine does not seem to freeze the products.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site