Emily Rose Cakes, Hereford Reviews

Emily Rose Cakes, Hereford - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Emily Rose Cakes, Hereford

Emily Rose Cakes, Hereford

“Solid place to get a cake. The price is reasonable and...”

written by kwoods21 on 31/01/2017

Solid place to get a cake. The price is reasonable and the cake was good. I would come back here again.

“AWFUL! DISSAPIONTMENT!!”

written by Jamesb82 on 20/06/2016

Not a good experience, major let down and disappointment! Cake turned up late, after guests arrived!!! The cake had wrong ribbon and design on! Not a professional service, communication not good at all! This was the only thing that let our day down. No apology for the disaster it was! DO NOT USE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!! Since heard this has happened to others!

“The cake was delicious and looked great. I was very...”

written by samr23 on 04/02/2016

The cake was delicious and looked great. I was very pleased.

“Forgot our appointment ”

written by DrRichardevans on 26/09/2015

We had booked an appointment to discuss a wedding cake, Jan asked us to come early on a Saturday morning to fit in with her and after our hour and a half drive arriving at 9am she told us she had no recollection of us having an appointment. Eventually she acknowledged that she was meant to see us but was too busy and sent us away without us even getting through the doorway. On calling another cake shop in the area who was kind enough to fit us in on the day we said we had been let down by someone else and she spontaneously knew it was Emily Rose as she had had multiple people who had been let down by her in the past.

“Best in Herefordshire”

written by dgRasmussen123 on 12/02/2015

Simply beautiful cakes. Taste amazing and some of the best designs and colours. Nothing is too much trouble. Ignore the nasty review from years ago! Not an accurate reflection. We were very happy.

“Perfection!! Consitently beautiful and delicious cakes.”

written by on 19/08/2014

Over the years I have had the most wonderful cakes from Emily Rose. My wedding cake was a simple and elegant 4 tier design with fresh cut flowers. It was exactly what I had imagined and by far the best fruit cake I have ever tasted. Since then I have ordered several celebration cakes including two stunning birthday cakes: a pink fairy tale palace cake and an equally amazing under-the-sea mermaid cake. I can also highly recommend the chocolate profiteroles, chocolate and carrot sponge cakes and shortbread biscuits. Most recently I ordered a cupcake tower with pastel flowers and roses (the lemon and poppy seed sponge is my favourite) and a variety of macarons for a party-they were gone in minutes! Thank you Emily Rose for such wonderful, beautiful cakes.I recommend you unreservedly.

“Never tasted better ! ”

written by LynnTreagus on 02/11/2013

We are so impressed with Jans skills & abilities , she made Lee & Rachael's cake exactly to what they told her they wanted & everybody said how lovely it was ! Nothing was too much trouble for Jan who works extremely hard & is always very busy. After making the wedding cake Jan then very kindly made some cupcakes which again were incredible . The cake had so much flavour & it was beautifully light . The chocolate swirls were gorgeous around the edge of the cake so much people said they thought they were chocolate fingers , everything was beautiful down to the fresh fruit which were on each tier . Not having to worry about setting the cake up was a stress I didn't need on the day so was more than happy when she said she would deliver & set up ready .. As for value for money we couldn't have asked for more it was amazing , each tier was a different flavour so there was an element of surprise to it . It was absolutely amazing and we can't thank you enough Jan x

“Just AMAZING!”

written by Sally111 on 03/07/2013

I agree with Ricky 1001, some people must be so hard to please. I first discovered Emily Rose Cakes at a wedding exhibition and used them for my daughters wedding cake. It was honestly the best cake we had ever tasted and since then I have used Emily Rose several times for birthdays, Christmas and special occasion cakes. I have just provided a picture or idea theme and they have come up trumps every time with some fantastic results. I have never been let down and never once been disappointed with any of the cakes which taste just amazing. I would recommend them to anyone and find them excellent value for money. Wedding cakes in particular are expensive anywhere but I cannot imagine anyone could bake a cake as well as Emily Rose Cakes so well worth every penny!

“Fantastic”

written by ricky1001 on 14/02/2013

Jan made my wedding cake, I was totally pleased, so were my 150 guests. I really don't get why some people moan, they sound like customers from hell!!

“Wrong design. Hopeless admin.”

written by on 06/06/2012

Despite a number of hour long meetings, Jan managed to get the design of our cake wrong. Was very disappointed in overall look of our wedding cake and cupcakes. I could have got better elsewhere and at half the cost. The main cake looked boring. The cupcakes had the wrong design on them. Admin was a nightmare and it often took a couple of weeks for her to reply to emails. A very stressful experience with disappointing outcome.

“Let daughter down with two weeks to go!!”

written by madpup on 02/07/2011

Very nice at first, took time to discuss the cake and take deposit, one month before the wedding my daughter tried to phone, you will find it always goes to answer phone, left messages even went to the lockup that they work out of, in the end i phoned pretending to be a new customer she told me she had been ill, her husband had been ill, had too many weddings, the cat was sick, excuse after excuse, i got my daughters deposit back and went to m&s which to be honest looked a lot better than hers once we had it dressed it up, dont have your big day spoilt go else where's this one is a waste of time.

“My husband cakes marzipan and requested a cake without...”

written by on 06/12/2010

My husband cakes marzipan and requested a cake without it and they said no problem. The day of the wedding, 2 of the 3 tiers had marzipan! Plus they changed the design to make it easier on them!!!

“Emily Rose Cakes is run by a nice couple who baked us...”

written by on 24/11/2009

Emily Rose Cakes is run by a nice couple who baked us a very tasty wedding cake (fruit, chocolate and battenberg!) However, they got the design totally wrong (white with blue flowers rather than plain blue), despite a 1 hour consultation, which upset the Mrs! When we called to ask for an explanation, they ignored our answerphone messages and emails. In conclusion, nice cakes but hopeless admin!