Optimum Calls Reviews - www.optimumcalls.com

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Optimum Calls www.optimumcalls.com - Ask a question now

“as others have said, stay away”

Written on: 05/11/2015 by ipBrown470 (1 review written)

We were with them for a few years, no issues, but when we moved premesis we changed provider, to find that they wanted a crazy amount for early cancellation. we never had any T+C's or contracts sent to us to confirm the '60 months' they tied us into. after many phone calls we had it settled, as we had moved, they could not charge us, done and dusted. only to have 2 years later them trying to get £500 off us again. just dont even bother with them… Read Full Review

“rude !!!!”

Written on: 02/04/2015 by 169Kenny (1 review written)

Do not take out a contract with this crowd , the worst and I mean the worst telephone and broadband providers I have ever had the misfortune to meet (rude staff) we felt they lied to us especially when he asked for the date when are contract was to come to an end they made ever effort to confuse and mislead. … Read Full Review

“Disgraceful!”

Written on: 03/03/2015 by zoewignall (1 review written)

DO NOT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY! I have never experienced customer service like this. My dad signed with this company and has had nothing but stress from the word go. The staff are so rude and unhelpful. He was left with no phone line and internet for over a week then when they eventually got it back on it went down again a few days later. He had 6 engineers in total. When you called to complain I did not get an apology just rude staff that talked over me and said it's not their problem. I also… Read Full Review

“DISGUSTING PRACTICES”

Written on: 12/12/2014 by Coby283 (1 review written)

Do not sign with this company - worst company I have ever dealt with. Finally managed to change our business to Talk Talk but Optimum disconnected our service 2 days before the advised changeover date with left us with no telephone service and no way to accept card payments. The staff are rude and could not care less! I have given them one star because the system here requires you to give at least one but if I had my way I would not give them any. I see Companies House were proposing to… Read Full Review

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 16/10/2014 by sleaze (2 reviews written)

These vile people stole my home phone line without my permission, said I had to pay £400 to get rid of them. The staff at Optimum Calls are all trained to lie. They've all got personality cancer, don't trust any of them, their 14 cooling off period is a hoax, they don't answer you inquiry and then they deny youve got in contact with them. I complained to their regulator, had all payments returned to me and a further £200 for having to soil my keyboard by sinking to their scummy level. I… Read Full Review

“Despicable - and operating illegally and immorally.”

Written on: 25/06/2014

I am representing a friend who has mental health problems and who has been stitched up by Optimum's door-stepping salesmen. She is depressed and at her wits end. She was sold the contract (despite telling them she was ill and depressed and trying to cancel a phone line with BT). They said - No problem, we'll cancel your other line (business) and it will be cheaper for you".She didn't want to proceed but could see now way of ridding herself of them. They didn't cancel the line - she has… Read Full Review

Mobilemaz's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2014

Have you tried contacting your local MP maybe? This is an awful company. I was tied in for 5 years (i was duped) by their telephone cold calling. Something needs to be done. I'm in the process of moving back to BT but that's been full of problems. It's stressful. Hope it gets sorted.

Read 1 Comment

“DO NOT USE OPTIMUM CALLS”

Written on: 05/06/2014 by devaney (1 review written)

I am utterly appalled with the service and attitude we have received from Optimum Calls after many years of being their customer. The service we received whilst they provided our lines and calls was fine, no problems at all. However, when we decided to move to another provider their tactics became very threatening and frankly, borderline illegal! I run a small internet business which has 6 telephone lines without which my business can not operate successfully. As per their terms and… Read Full Review

“Vile scum @ optimim.org”

Written on: 20/02/2013

These people are ruthless little shisters. Forget ofcom, go to CISAS. I WAS REFUNDED AND COMPENSATED EVENTUALLY BUT I WARN YOU THESE PEOPLE ARE VILE SCUM, WHO WILL LIE, DECEIVE AND CHEAT YOU. THEY SHOULD BE CALLED OPIUMCALLS BECAUSE THEY ARE COMPARABLE TO THEIVING JUNKIES. Why do we have to award a star at all, they are not worth one. This company is a cancer and the people who work there are malignant growths… Read Full Review

[email protected]

Written on: 20/01/2013 by sleaze (2 reviews written)

THESE REPUGNANT P*GS STOLE (OR SLAMMED) A PHONE LINE SERVICE I HAD AS PART OF A "SKY" PASCKAGE. IT TOOK ME A YEAR TO GET IT BACK. I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THEEIR EMPLOYEES ARE ALL INCENTIVISED TO LIE AND CHEAT. THEREFORE OPTIMUM WIN MY MUCH COVERTED; "SC*MBAG OF THE YEAR AWARD" FOR THE 3RD YEAR RUNNING. IVE NEVER BEFORE BEEN LIED TO SO PROFUSELY AND COMPREHENSIVELY. I THINK THEY ALL MUST HAVE CANCER OF THE PERSONALITY! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to sleaze's Review

Written on: 20/01/2013

Oh dear, not another one :-(. out of all the adverse reviews on Optimum Calls, there is but ONE positive review - indeed, 'glowing' might be a better description and so much so that a true sceptic might think that it was just written by someone to counter the previous, and first, review which was somewhat less than complimentary - to put it mildly.

I wish people would read and take note of what is written on Review Centre regarding the product they are interested in.

Read 1 Comment

“STITCHED UP FOR 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 21/06/2012 by danceswithwolves (1 review written)

I changed from BT to Optimum Calls after lengthy pursuasive talk as I was told I really wouldnt be moving away from BT as they are part of the same Group. (wrong). I was sold a Business Package. (i work from home)....I was stitched up for 60 months (which sounds like 6months). After 2 years of struggling to pay them for my phone calls & line PLUS BT for my Internet, Plus O2 for my mobile, it comes to well over £100 per month. I asked to be taken off the Business package to a Residential one… Read Full Review

Mobilemaz's Response to danceswithwolves's Review

Written on: 05/01/2013

I really wish I could get out of my 5 year tie in with them too. And it's a rolling contract so beware. I was conned a few years ago by the 60 months thing...!!!

Sleaze's Response to danceswithwolves's Review

Written on: 20/01/2013

I hgot out of it by going to CISAS, (not offcom) which is their governing body. Tell them how you was duped and get compensation for time spent and upset.

Danceswithwolves's reply to Sleaze's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2013

Hi Ive messaged CISAS but Optimum dont seem to be registered with them. & in order for CSAS to help me they have to be. Can you please confirm? Thanks

Sleaze's reply to Danceswithwolves's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2013

Hi,

They were defo registered with cisas when i sued them 2 yrs ago. It was cisas too who determined the amount of compo I should be awarded (£200). I made a big issue of the 60 month contract that sounded like a 6 month one on the phone. Made a point too that I had been "slammed" by them and that they didnt respect the cooling off period. Go to cisas, be patient as it takes a few weeks atleast.

They are highly trained and incentivised, careful not to sware at them, insist on a copy of the initial sales recording/sand look for holes in it.

Be lucky. G

Sleaze's reply to Sleaze's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

Perhaps Cisas have thrown them off of their books for continually upsetting people, perhaps they are now over-seen by ofcom or perhaps no-one. See if Optimum will tell you or ask around, I think they have to be regulated by someone.

Sleaze's Response to danceswithwolves's Review

Written on: 20/01/2013

They have been operating for years, I cannot get my head around the fact that they are still in business. If I had done them out of money they would have the full support of the law behind them, but not it seems the other way round.

There is something wrong with a country that allow them to operate.

I hope the people at Optimum that dealt with my case get their justice!.

Read 6 Comments

“scum”

Written on: 03/06/2012

At every possible level these people are scum!… Read Full Review

SO VERY TRUE!

Written on: 22/01/2013

How beautifully concise and accurate.

Read 2 Comments

“Criminal Activity”

Written on: 31/05/2012

I fell foul of these people in the same way. But I still cannot understand the complacency of Ofcom - I made a series of complaints but Ofcom did nothing just kept repeating that they receive information to form an opinion which may in time lead to action blash blah, cannot take action on individual cases...and yet they call themselves a Regulatory Authority. It is annoying that I am obliged to give this firm 1 star - a minus result would be more accurate. Avoid at all costs and don't… Read Full Review

“Don't Be Conned!”

Written on: 09/03/2012 by Nacnud42 (1 review written)

I was mis-sold a 5 year contract with these scammers. I asked for a recording of the original verbal agreement - CD arrived. On it, they describe the contrct as a 60 month one. I should, like many others have picked this up, but didn't. Recently I was having a conversation with them about charges during which their employee pointed out that these were higher because I was on a business contract. Lots of (recorded) phone calls followed. They insisted that I agreed to a business tarriff whereas… Read Full Review

“AWFUL STAY AWAY”

Written on: 03/12/2011

THIS COMPANY WILL SIGN YOU UP WITH A VERBAL CONTRACT WHICH YOU CAN NOT GET OUT OF. '16 months' will be slurred into 60 months, phone line does not sound secure, has clicks and different tones occuring during calls. £400 leaving charge. Overall Oftel/Ofcom should really be sorting them out… Read Full Review

“everything is an "extra" charge”

Written on: 02/09/2011

Managed to get on a 12 month contract(had to write to them).Notice then had to be given at a certain time(in writing) or invalid.Still having problems 2 months after leaving and anyone I have ever spoken to there has been unhelpful and very defensive.Made no savings at all, in fact years bill far higher than BT… Read Full Review

“Optimum Calls Telephone Scammers back down”

Written on: 31/07/2011

I was also caught by these scum with the 60/6 month contract. But I wrote to them saying that I wanted to make an official complaint as they had missold the contract and requesting early release. They refused so I wrote again stating that unless they ended the contract before 8 weeks after my initial letter I would refer them to the CISAS scheme. They then sent a letter stating that as a gesture of goodwill they would not charge any termination fees. I am still with them at the moment but am… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/03/2013

If your still with them you deserve all you get.

“Con Artists......”

Written on: 28/06/2011

Been with Optimum Calls since Sept 2009. Just gone back to BT as I thought surely I was out of the 12 month contract I agreed to. They have sent me their riduculous cancellation fee of £395.00 + VAT and said I agreed to a 60 month contract over the telephone. NEVER EVER.... Who in their right mind would agree to a 60 month contract for a bloody phone. I wouldnt even do that for a car. BE AWARE of this scam. They want putting out of business, absolutely shocking treatment to treat… Read Full Review

“I've scammed by this company, I only wish I had done a...”

Written on: 10/05/2011

I've scammed by this company, I only wish I had done a google search and found this site before I signed up,I agree with what everyone else has said about this bunch of con merchants. If you are not yet with optimum calls and they cold call you the best thing to do is shout down the phone as louldy as you can "F...k OFF I'M NOT INTERESTED" then put the phone down… Read Full Review

“I too was caught on the hop by a misleading sales...”

Written on: 06/05/2011 by damians1 (1 review written)

I too was caught on the hop by a misleading sales pitch from Optimum Calls, they claim that as a BT customer you get 3 months line rental back when you cancel and go with them. This isn`t true and they know it. The first salesman I had to tell him to put someone else on the line because he wasn`t making any sense and his English was very poor, having read other peoples reviews about the 60/month scam I can see why they recruit people whose English is poor. I have complained to CISAS and have… Read Full Review

Sleaze's Response to damians1's Review

Written on: 20/01/2013

Thats very good advice, I did that 2 years ago and plied for compensation, staitionry and distress (£200). Where is the useless government to allow these reprobates to continue trading???

Careful what you tell people you dont know, maybe they send snoops to get you in a "liable" trap.

Be lucky. GB

Read 1 Comment

“I would highly recommend this company to my worse...”

Written on: 29/01/2011

I would highly recommend this company to my worse enemy. I sort a settlement through CISAS and didnt have to pay their disgraceful cancellation fees, and was compensated too. But these people should not be allowed to create so much misery. Everyone feels conned into the 60 month contract which sounds like 6 months on the phone. But one is deluded in any comfort of a cooling off period because they denied receiving my calls untill after this period. It strikes me as though they are more geared… Read Full Review