Santas Magical Kingdom at The Hop Farm, Kent Reviews

Santas Magical Kingdom at The Hop Farm, Kent - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Santas Magical Kingdom at The Hop Farm, Kent

“Please don't go”

written by 427Stevens on 06/12/2016

2016 christmas barn and santa. Boring boring boring. 50 minute boring wait in the barn. Santa was pleasant enough; however it was the most dullest experience for two small children. It was not worth our time or money. A small soft toy with no play value....never again.

“not a magical experience”

written by 201Stephens on 21/12/2015

Not a magical experience at all. All rushed. No greeting via anyone once sat waiting, apart from taking our name. Not a quality toy, especially for a 5 year old boy "a teddy" worth about a £1.00. Paying 15.00 for a baby is outrageous. Just thought the whole experience was not worth the money. More the fact i was hoping it would be an enjoyment. But im disgusted how rushed and not thought out it was and describing a teddy as a quality present. "well!!!"We was a party of 9. Tbh I think it was more about them making money. I will not be taking my children back next year. I would rate Maidstone town centre grotto a super 5, at least the elfs wrap present, and supply quality present such as play dough sets etc, and the pictures are great! Ps the pictures given at hop farm are poor!!!

“Disaster”

written by Jeffreyi442 on 12/12/2015

Very poor last year was super so booked again.well overbooked,running 45mins late, camera not working,so no photos,presents very very poor,will not go again.

“I went along with my two children, 3 and 5 and we...”

written by on 26/12/2010

I went along with my two children, 3 and 5 and we absolutely loved it!

We saw a fantastic 4D film which both children were fascinated by, then led into a forest area which was very lovely and scenic. Here we met the snow queen who was friendly and beautiful! I am shocked by the 'hunchback' comment, she was more 6 foot blonde beauty than quasi modo!

We then saw some reindeer and wrote a letter to father christmas and all of the elves were incredibly friendly and accomodating. After this we walked through the North Pole into a craft area to make Christmas trees which was fun. We made a lot of mess and the elves juggled and had puppets and one elf was playing the accordian while the others danced around. My eldest had a giggle with the elves who were very good with the children and knew how to make them feel at ease. Then we entered the magical kingdom and then saw Father Christmas.

Father Christmas was the best, most convincing Santa I have seen in my time as a mother. If you want your children to believe they have met Father xmas, take them to Santas magical kingdom at the hopfarm next year because my two were completely in awe of him (and so was I!!) Overall a lovely day, loved it.

“Taking my two children (aged 4 and 2) on Christmas eve...”

written by on 24/12/2010

Taking my two children (aged 4 and 2) on Christmas eve was a brilliant idea. From the 4D film right through to the reindeer, the post office, craft workshop and seeing Santa himself the children couldn't stop smiling. The staff were very enthusiastic and willing to go out of their way to get the children in the Christmas spirit. A big improvement from last year, and I will most definitely be taking them again next year.

“Well, I can see there is a mixed view of the...”

written by on 23/12/2010

Well, I can see there is a mixed view of the attraction this year. I wasn't going to leave a review but I felt the improvements on the attraction this year needed to be given some credit. I took my two children Jamie and Amber last year with a friend and I have to say it wasn't brilliant. However, after careful persuasion we went again this year and i'm really pleased we did. The attraction is much bigger and the entrance is brilliant, it's a snow covered Christmas tree path and the children are given a bauble to hang on the trees, very nice touch. The kids did some of the same things as last year such as writing letters and making Christmas trees but this year we also had a story with Mother Christmas and a show in the cinema (Jamie's favourite!) There was also an ice walkway, although I didn't join in, the kids had a lovely time playing with the elves. My personal favourite was the dancing monster, very funny! As last year the Santa experience was BRILLIANT!. This year you can tell that a lot more thought has gone into the experience and although the price tag is a little steep, I personally felt it was worth it. The free rides outside, which you had to pay for last year, was a really nice touch.

“2010 Magical Kingdom was £35 per person and only half...”

written by on 13/12/2010

2010 Magical Kingdom was £35 per person and only half the size of last years. Last year we had a ride on a tractor/trailer to the venue and the attraction was many times better and bigger than this year. Last year a great circus performance after the kingdom and childrens rides made a really fantastic day out. But this year no circus, all the rides closed (except one). Even the childrens playground was closed off. I was not even allowed to take my children to see the shire horses. After all this I say that it was more like a £20 maximum attraction, at the price they charge they really should get back to 2009 format which was well worth the money. This year was a bit of a rip off.
The only reason I would not recommend to a friend is the price, they reduced what we got for our money. It would be ok if they reduced it to twenty quid. Then its an ok deal.

Scott G

Kent

Santasmagicalkingdom's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2010

Hi Scott,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your comments.
<br/>
<br/>I'm sorry you felt the attraction was smaller, Santa's Magical Kingdom has been redesigned for 2010 and this year actually covers a much bigger site, with more areas for families to enjoy. We like to offer families something different each year, which is why the train ride was replaced with a longer snow covered Christmas tree entrance which leads to a secret door, along the way children are given baubles to decorate the trees with. In keeping with this the circus show was replaced with a 4D cinema and interactive ice walkway, which has proved very popular among families. The Hop Farm attraction, which includes the outdoor play area and animal farm, is closed throughout the winter as it was in 2009 and has never been advertised to be open during the Santa's Magical Kingdom event.
<br/>
<br/>We have however opened a small number of rides which are free to Santa's Magical Kingdom visitors, unlike last year, including the carousel, magic factory, driving school, roundabout and train, which are available all day. I am again very sorry you feel the price is not justified, especially as there is more on offer to families this year.
<br/>
<br/>I hope this has answered some of the points you have raised. We value your personal opinion and like all potential visitors to be given a first hand, honest view of the attraction.
<br/>

“WAS looking too go with my family but unfortunately...”

written by on 11/12/2010

WAS looking too go with my family but unfortunately the price is out of our budget,they obviously are very busy as no coupons or discounts are available. A shame really as I would have loved to take our kids but i cant justify £150 for a day out without travel expenses and food.

“Having read these reviews before setting off to the...”

written by on 04/12/2010

Having read these reviews before setting off to the magical kingdom i had high expectations. However, poor organisation, awful catering and a terrible performance by 'Mrs Claus' made it an overall disappointing and expensive day. The elves were very good and made an effort with the children but Father Christmas had hardly anything to say and didn't engage with the children much. Very overpriced for the experience.

“I took my two daughters and four grandchildren...”

written by minximum on 26/11/2010

I took my two daughters and four grandchildren (ranging from 4 years to 14 years) to see Father Christmas. We all enjoyed the tour around the kingdom seeing polar bears that breath and all the other magical sites. Having real reindeer was especially good. It took us nearly two hours to see everything properly. When we got to Father Christmas's room it was a beautiful warm setting. Father Christmas was very chatty and we didn't feel rushed through. Altogether a lovely place to see Father Christmas and we will be back again next year. I would have liked to know befofore coming, just how long it takes to go around all the areas.

“Kids loved the experience but definately NOT worth the...”

written by on 22/11/2010

Kids loved the experience but definately NOT worth the money and cannot justify the cost at all. I think that £10 per person would have been more than reasonable for what it was. The wholw idea of it all was very good but way over priced

“We had a fabulous time at Santa's Magical Kingdom....”

written by on 19/11/2010

We had a fabulous time at Santa's Magical Kingdom. Great from the moment we stepped into the walkway of firs and snow and were greeted by the elves. My 9 year-old daughter especially loved the 4D cinema - think 3D plus real bubbles, lovely smells etc; the craft room and real reindeer. Father Christmas was very sweet old man, looked like a real Father Xmas 100%. Loads to do outside the Kingdom itself too - also included in the price the 3D goblin adventure, magic tricks, driving school etc etc. A really good day out for us all.
Catherine, Woldingham

“We visited Santa's Magical Kingdom at the weekend and...”

written by Michelle Twin Mum on 16/11/2010

We visited Santa's Magical Kingdom at the weekend and I have written a full review on my blog - take a look -

Thanks, Michelle

“Well what more could I say about this truly...”

written by on 16/11/2010

Well what more could I say about this truly spectacular experience. It was a fun filled time which left us with many happy memories. From the moment we stepped into the Kingdom we were wowed by the moving animals the lights and snow.

As we got into the experience our excitement continued especially after going into the awesome 4D cinema, we've never seen a show like it where everything was moving right in front of our very eyes!

The whole adventure was a mystical and fun filled experience. I would highly recommend a visit to everyone as this activity would satisfy both children and adults alike.

“Great fun and our children (aged 3 and 4) absolutely...”

written by on 16/11/2010

Great fun and our children (aged 3 and 4) absolutely loved it especially seeing Father Christmas. A great family outing and the 4d film was excellent.

“The whole experience was very positive, the children...”

written by on 15/11/2010

The whole experience was very positive, the children found it magical. i think that we would have loved to have used the fair ground activities more if we had been aware at the begining that they were open for use. The characters are all very engaging and friendly. The general staff were welcoming and pleasant. i think i felt i didnt know were to go at the beginging but that is a minor thing. Overall the experience was very positive.

“Perfect for children from about 3 years to 14. (plus...”

written by on 13/11/2010

Perfect for children from about 3 years to 14. (plus what adult would not enjoy naughty elves, a joyful mother christmas and the amazing man himself!)
My two kiddies were so excited, from the moment we walked through the snow covered trees to the individual chat with Santa. I enjoyed everything, but then I am such a kid myself. Best parts being the sweet shop and the singing Yeti. The only down side was a little more insulation required between rooms. I have already recommended several people to visit, its warm, welcoming and the people really make the experience a good, happy one. Well done! x

“Too expensive for a family! The 3-D film was...”

written by on 13/11/2010

Too expensive for a family! The 3-D film was brilliant and the kids loved it! The attractions outside were very good especially the cars! Father Christmas was excellent but I can't say the same about Mother Christmas and the elf's routine. Unfortunately at times it seemed a bit disorganised and there was a long wait in some places.

“Father Christmas was superb. The children loved him...”

written by on 12/11/2010

Father Christmas was superb. The children loved him and the whole experience. Thank you.

“I thought the setting was beautiful, really magical....”

written by on 12/11/2010

I thought the setting was beautiful, really magical. The film was brilliant and Father Christmas was good and the elves were friendly (I liked how most of them got down to the children's level to engage with them). I thought Mother Christmas and the magical elf with her need to work on their routine as the story was a little boring and the magic was not very good -perhaps some singing would be better especially as the elf there was so good with his accordian! The presents given out were great but the photos were very expensive (I didn't buy one) and it was unfortunate that we had to go through the sweet shop and the gift shop as the price of the ticket is expensive enough. The children enjoyed the experience so thank you for the wonderful opportunity!