Buckler Buckbootz Neoprene Wellingtons Reviews

Media Gallery for Buckler Buckbootz Neoprene Wellingtons

Buckler Buckbootz Neoprene Wellingtons

“Buckler boot bbz8000”

written by Gazj123 on 21/03/2022

Expensive had 3 pairs in last 12 month All 3pairs have split at the back of toe cap They are comfy and look the part but for the money not worth it . Trying to get in contact with the company in Scotland is a waste of time . Thought it was me at first but the lads on site have experienced the same proble . Not what they use to be .

“Split after 3 months”

written by Rug65 on 06/03/2021

Really comfortable and warm, but have split just behind the toe cap after only 3 months. Not really what you expect for £80.

“terrible lining”

written by westwalian on 16/03/2015

Have just purchased a pair after recommendation, cannot believe that after wearing a few times that the neoprene lining at the heel has disintegrated so badly that it wears away the heel of my socks within a few hours. Very badly manufactured, don't waste your money, there are better products out there i am sure.But if you want to be crippled by sore heels daily buy a pair.

“Leak along seams”

written by Semaj113 on 10/08/2014

Grest warm comfortable boots. Have had 3 pairs. 1st pair for me and were great perfect - the old ladies style, fell in love with them, but walked them until the soles were gone, so got two more pairs for my husband and I. My boots leaked along the seams after 1 months, and his have started leaking after 2 years. We li ve in rural west coast Scotland so a waterproof welly is handy! Buy them if you want to take pot luck that your pair may not leak or it may..... GOOD LUCK

“Best willies around!”

written by on 07/01/2014

I have been working in factories for 10 years and got a pair of buckler wellies over a year ago. And they have got me through 2 winters and countless hours upto my ankles in water. They have never let me down. I remember the first time I put them on like it was Christmas Day as a child. I'm going to be buried in a pair. Iv just got a fresh pair but only to show off in work and I'm auctioning my old pair off to the lads as a bit of fun as they all want them but are too fecking tight to buy a new pair. I got mine for £65 on ebay and you compare that to buying dunlops at £12 a pair that leak after a month and are torturous then your making financial sense as well as looking after your tootsies. I have also developed fungal nail infection, gout ,athletes foot and bunions in the past 10 years but il put that down to bad luck! Buy a pair now.

“Bad and Good”

written by on 30/12/2013

Very comfortable and warm (perhaps too warm in summer) BUT NOT DURABLE. The rubber bonded top on my right boot developed a tear after a little light use, gardening and walking the dog. The firm didn't respond to my e-mail.

“You find better”

written by Robertsbridge on 19/11/2013

Tried all the usual British Wellies over the last 40 odd years and after trying these at my local agricultural merchants I have never looked back. Comfort. Warmth and don't let the rain and mud in. They've got the lot. Believe they are Dutch.

“Value for money.”

written by Libbylea on 09/04/2013

Im just about to buy my third pair in 5 years, how about that for a welly that walks about 3 miles a day around forest tracks all autumn, winter and spring and trudges about fields and the yard mucking out every day too! I was persuaded to buy them after a run of expensive brands all lasted about 6 months or less!. I was told, 'All the farmers are raving about how warm their feet keep walking about in these'. Well they have been warm, so comfortable, almost the same feel as a running shoe rather than a flat welly. I never get cold feet and they last and last. A small seam on the left upper foot has split on the current ones so a new pair is in order now. The downside is they have gone up over £20.00 odd since my last pair bought at least 2 years ago and they are not exactly 'pretty' (Yup Im female). I notice now they sell 'Ladies' Buckbootz but for some reason they retail at £5 more than the smallest men's ones, which is all I used to be able to get. Am peeved about that as they are a nicer colour (blackish looking) but will stick with the men's ones until the pricing gets fairer!

“Ok if you are standing still, but not for walking”

written by on 18/03/2013

These are very warm and for site work they are great, apart from the fact that the neoprene wears away at the heel after probably only two dozen wears. DESIGN FLAW....

“Excellent for watching u12 winter league football”

written by on 18/02/2013

Mine are completely watertight and incredibly warm.

“Very comfortable but they leak along the side seams....”

written by on 11/12/2009

Very comfortable but they leak along the side seams. The neoprene uppers tear easily in brambles. The neoprene uppers also absorb the smell of whatever you are going through, making it essential to wash the whole boot to get rid of the smell. Not really suitable for shooting.

“Buckbootz are Wellington's with a difference, they are...”

written by Dogmad on 08/11/2009

Buckbootz are Wellington's with a difference, they are made from neoprene as the main material rather then rubber or some other rubber alternative, parts of the boot likely to be subjected to wear are protected by rubber to just above the ankle.

This makes them much more comfortable and warmer then traditional Wellington's, and they fit better as the neoprene stretches to accommodate thick socks, trousers etc.

I bought these as a replacement for Hunters, I've always been a fan of Hunters but my last pair lasted barely three years, apparently the manufacturer has switched production over seas, because of quality issues this has now been switched back to Scotland/England, unfortunately for them I've now found a better Wellington in my opinion.

The soles of the Buckboots are nice a thick with a good grip, there is a removable insole for ease of cleaning and the neoprene it self can be washed with warm water a cloth.

I wear mine for dog training and dog socialisation walks, since getting these boots a little over three months ago my walking boots have stayed in the car, these wellington's are so comfortable and even on the hottest days we've had recently, haven't caused my feet to sweat like traditional wellies.

I've only given them 4 stars because I've only been using them for three months, although there are no signs of wear or causes for concern, I feel I should only mark them as a four because of the relatively short time owned.

Asked by Debbie1939 on 17th August 2022 Report this content
The material inside the boots has worn away but I've hardly worn them. Any ideas what to do?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site