A Ferry Reviews - www.aferry.co.uk

• Customer service

• Cleanliness

• Quality of food /drink available

Summary

A Ferry offers ferry services all over Europe and the UK

Read and write reviews on A Ferry here at Review Centre

A Ferry - www.aferry.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for A Ferry - www.aferry.co.uk

A Ferry - www.aferry.co.uk

“NIGHTMARE COMPANY. AVOID. SHAMEFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE.”

Written on: 27/11/2017 by Flanagan251 (1 review written)

Avoid AFERRY at all costs! Booked return from Nice, France to Corsica. On day of return sailing heard that ferry had been cancelled. Ended up having to get a ferry to Italy. Ferry was packed, noisy and NOT even the country where I had booked to. We had friends expecting us in in France and AFERRY were completely unsympathetic. AFERRY customer service was very poor. They couldn't offer any alternatives to France, it transpired that AFERRY were encouraged to book passengers to Italy to avoid any… Read Full Review

“Would never use again”

Written on: 28/07/2017 by 175Pennington (1 review written)

Booked return ferry with them to Ireland from Liverpool. For small minibus and family of 8. Received email 8 days before travel to advise P&O had cancelled ferry and suggesting rebooking on ferries later that day. No sorry, no assistance, that was it. Trying to find a phone number, impossible, all the existing numbers find on the web have a recorded message saying need to email them. This is not a situation to deal with by email, ferry's likely to be fully booked / booking fast (school… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“Be careful with this comany”

Written on: 19/05/2017 by Toine21 (1 review written)

Hi, Please be aware that this company has a very bad booking system. It is mostly not possible to make a correct booking if you have a Deviating vehicle. You can see this problem mostly after you receive your booking by mail. So, after payment. And when you contact Aferry about the problem the give you the wrong advice. It cost my a complete booking. No refund and i need to make a new booking as a need to do my job at a specific time. Very, very strange The site has a problem and Aferry says… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“Charge me 5 Times for same travel ”

Written on: 22/04/2017 by Grace460 (1 review written)

Hi everyone , I booked a ticket for Dover Calais for Easter and my départ was at 6 but I decided to change for 12 and 5 days laters .... 1 ticket at 155€ return its take in my account and 5 min later 5 times more they take 600£ on my account for nothing .... and now I need to wait the money back ! And they don't want to give me all ! They said I booked this but I'm not crazy I can't book 5 tickets for different way the same days I was in France already ! Anyway bad customer services , they… Read Full Review

“Cheap means 10% more”

Written on: 12/01/2017 by BaileePeacock1982 (1 review written)

If you use aferry you will e paying a 10% fee compared to booking direct. Ok if you are in a hurry but book direct with the ferry operator to save money. I am a regular Dover Calais traveller and aferry NEVER offer better deals than the ferry companies… Read Full Review

“Ferry cancelled”

Written on: 12/10/2016 by jimmymccaig (1 review written)

Booking process was absolutely fine for ferry to Corsica and outbound trip from Nice with Corsica Ferries was pleasant and a great way to start our trip. That's the good part, now the poor. We'd booked an overnight return trip with Moby Line and despite having my contact details, no-one advised that the ferry had been cancelled. Now that I'm home - not received any word of explanation, refund or compensation for inconvenience (bear in mind that we required to book flights back to Nice as… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE ”

Written on: 08/08/2016

I booked my caravan and car on the ferry via the phone from Portsmouth to Caen in France , when I received the documentation I noticed that they had made an error...... a Mercedes motor home had been booked onto the ferry , not a caravan and old Mercedes Benz car ! ! I immediately rang them and (I am aware of the vehicles I own) !! , following this I was unable to book ,my car and caravan on the ferry as it was full, and a different length ( they couldn't squeeze me in ..... and to add insult… Read Full Review

“Rude staff and late”

Written on: 30/07/2016 by bzGarcia316 (1 review written)

I got Isle of Wight ferry from fishbourne to Portsmouth which was running 30 mins late. When arrived was sent away by aggressively rude man and told to come back in 30 mins. We went to local pub in order to entertain kids and when we returned was sent away again by another rude employee who also sent us to back of Que (because there was no right hand turn , which was poorly signed). No apologies for ferry being late just rudeness. Ferry company needs to think about image they portraying at… Read Full Review

“Ignoring Complaint”

Written on: 10/07/2016 by Eval (1 review written)

I had issues with their website and the wrong information was inputted when making a reservation. I contacted them immediatelly and they advised that it was ok and the changes will be updated at the port, that was wrong advice. I was not allowed to board the ferry and the ferry company forced me to purchase a new ticket worth £170. I spoke and emailed them several times requesting a refund as it was their fault but they are ignoring my calls and correspondence. DO NOT TRUST THEM, book… Read Full Review

“Irish fast cancelled”

Written on: 19/05/2016 by MacDonald52 (1 review written)

Because of the cancellation had to take the slow ferry to Dublin - not ideal as we had a 3 hour journey across Ireland. We paid extra for the fast ferry as it meant we could get to our destination by 5PM. Have emailed AFerry requesting a refund of the difference but have had no acknowledgment of the email. Have now sent a written letter requesting a refund of the difference. Will wait to see if they respond to a written letter… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“I wouldn't recommend them to my enemies”

Written on: 21/04/2016 by WaitingforEuros (1 review written)

I booked tickets on March 31, 2016. I wanted to cancel them within minutes when I saw that they were 120Euros more than SNAV. There was no way to cancel them on line. I emailed them but no reply until they were contacted by paypal. they said they would refund my money less 30 Euro's but it has been 3 weeks and I have not received a refund. In fact the tickets are still in "my account". They have not cancelled them… Read Full Review

“No compassion!!!”

Written on: 17/04/2016 by 397Leonard (1 review written)

I had booked a return DFDS crossing from Dover to Dunquerque for a short xtrip to see friends in Germany, which included travel both ways in the first class lounge. 10 days before travelling I was rushed into hospital with a medical emergency, which needs an operation, for which I am at this time awaiting an admission date. As this was totally unexpected, I had not booked the 'flexible' ticket and therefore contacted A FERRY to see if under these special circumstances, they would refund the… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“Cannot be contacted for complaint handling”

Written on: 11/08/2015 by JohnD19 (1 review written)

Arrived at Dover at the end of June, after driving from Edinburgh, to find ferries were not going to Calais. A ferry e mailed me 2 hours after my ferry departure time to tell me what I already new. Found out at the Port no ferries for 2 days, so turned around and headed home (needed to be in France for an event next day or no at all) A ferry e mailed me again 3 days later offering me a alternative return ferry route!! (for a trip I never took)or a full refund. I returned the email asking… Read Full Review

Aferry.co.uk's Response to JohnD19's Review

Written on: 09/09/2015

Dear John,

We are incredibly sorry to hear what happened here. As you may know there were major disruptions due to strikes and blockades on the Dover-Calais route. In addition, the ferry company MyFerryLink went out of business. For these reasons our call centre was unusually busy with phone calls and emails. We are very sorry about the issues you had contacting us

From what you describe we believe you are entitled to a full refund and would like to organise this for you as soon as possible.

If you could please reply with your booking reference number we will try and organise this for you.

Thank you for using AFerry and once again we would like to offer our apologies.

Johnd19's reply to Aferry.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2015

Ferry Booking Confirmation - 7001546‏

Aferry.co.uk's reply to Johnd19's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2015

Dear John,

Thanks very much for providing that information.

We have looked at our records and can see that your booking was for £101.58 which included £11.58 on insurance.

Our records show that we refunded your card (starting 4763) with two amounts of £45 (once for the out-bound journey and once for the return journey). So perhaps here is the confusion. We would ask you to please re-check your account - you may have missed one payment for £45, as they are both the same amount.

We processed the refunds on 27/07 and 12/08 and refunds normally take 5-7 working days. We would advise you to check your balance activity around these dates.

After doing this and if you don't see the second refund, please reply here and we will contact you by phone to get some details from you so we can chase this up and really make sure everything is okay.

Regarding the insurance, as this is not part of your ferry booking we cannot re-reimburse this. But you may be able to claim some money back with Allianz, the insurance provider, for your travel costs. However, you will have to work directly with Allianz for this and you will have their details in your policy documents.

We hope this information has helped you. And if you do require a phone call for whatever reason, we'd be happy to do this at your convenience.

Read 3 Comments

“Aferry can't be reached”

Written on: 30/06/2015 by FrankReijg (1 review written)

made a booking for the ferry from Marseille to Corsica and had to change the name of one of the passengers. The 'self-amend' function in 'my booking' doesn't work - changes can only be made by phone (?). Needed to dial a UK number which means international for me and was in a queue for almost an hour (!!!!). So apparently they have a lot of customers calling for help - not a good sign... Finally decided to hang up and take my chances; will travel to Marseille w/o changing the name of the… Read Full Review

Aferry-Team's Response to FrankReijg's Review

Dear FrankReijg,

We're very sorry that you had to wait so long on the phone. This is not normal at all but recently there were two unprecedented events that led to our call centre staff being very busy. MyFerryLink stopped all sailings and in addition the port of Calais was blocked. We are sure you can appreciate that these were truly exceptional circumstances.

We would be happy to call you (to save you the time of waiting). We cannot post links here but if you contact us via our official channels we will assist you immediately. You can also contact us via Facebook.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We look forward to hearing from you.

“No problems”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by Lawrence126 (1 review written)

I was a bit worried after reading the reveiws here. But i also looked at trustpilot and it seems almost all over there were positive but here they are all bad. So I was a bit confused but I booked anyway because I got a good deal - £54 on Dover-Dunkrik which I thought was really good. I thought I didn't get a confirmation but I checked my junk email and it was there. Everything in order. I added the address to my safe sender list just in case. I also got an email to review on trustpilot but i… Read Full Review

Click here for great deals on Expedia

“Disgusting behaviour- never book through this website!!”

Written on: 09/05/2015 by BenBekker (1 review written)

We booked a journey to France using this atrocious company in July 2014 for £92 only to realise that if would be better if we went a different time, so I called the company TWICE and TWICE I was advised that I was able to cancel my booking and re-book again within 1 year of the original departure, but would be charged an amendment fee of £10 each way, and the difference in the new price of the trip. So based on those comments we agreed to save this trip for a more convenient time as we would… Read Full Review

Aferry's Response to BenBekker's Review

Dear Benbecker,

Thanks for booking with AFerry. We are very sorry to hear that you feel so let down. We aim to satisfy all of our customers and are naturally disappointed when we cannot do that. We ask all of our customers to review us on Trustpilot where we normally receive 5 star reviews. On Trustpilot too, we can see the details of bookings exactly.

However, as this is an anonymous review and we don't know the details, it is difficult to comment in great detail as we cannot be sure what happened or why.

Generally, you should know that it is the ferry companies and not us that decide on the cancellation and amendment policies of their tickets. Very often, the ferry companies will make their cheapest fares non-amendable. In these situations, a new booking may be required and if you decide to book last minute for a very popular day like a bank holiday, the ferry companies will often have higher prices.

Note that in most situations, as a sign of good-will, when customers contact us quickly after booking a wrong date or time, we won't charge any amendment fee ourselves whatsoever.

Thank you for booking with AFerry and despite this one experience, we do hope that you will consider using our service again.

Eliab275's reply to Aferry's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2016

Hello,
I have booked for travelling (return fro 140 euros)) with my family and car from Dunkirk to Dover on 22 July back on 24th of July 2016. Due to circumstances I wanted to change my booking to next year July (I was told that I should amend to December and later in December I can amend the booking to next year. it only costs 30 euros). So I amended my booking but I was charged again 130 euros (a total of 270 euros paid till now).
I was told they would charge only 30 euros but now it seems I am paying double for a trip that I cannot even take in December!!!!!
AFERRY make easy money by allowing clients to amend booking (better be honest and write NEW BOOKING instead).

Eliab275's Response to BenBekker's Review

Written on: 12/08/2016

I had the same experience when I amended my booking and paid another 140,- euros the price of the second ticket! ALso this ticket is not even valid to next summer so they told me contact us in December to book another ticket for free!!!
I don't know why such people walk away easily with their wicked activities and no authorities make a move to arrest them!!!
rgds

Read 3 Comments

“A Ferry.....book with anyone else except them !”

Written on: 03/05/2015 by Ratchet2112 (1 review written)

My Booking was made a month ago - no email confirmation of my booking has ever been sent by them. I chased them up a week ago by sending an email......... with absolutely no response from them at all. Their customer service is atrocious, yet they have the cheek to offer reviews for ferry operators on their website - they need to be looking at their own customer service standards ! I will use other ferry booking services in future :(… Read Full Review

Aferry's Response to Ratchet2112's Review

Dear Ratchet2112,

Very rarely, unfortunately, our confirmation emails end up in people's junk or spam folders. We make every effort to stop this happening but unfortunately, it is often beyond our control. We can only guess that this is what happened here. However, as you have chosen to write an anonymous review rather than responding to our official request to review us via Trustpilot, we cannot say for sure.

You would have also been able to see your ferry booking details in the Manage My Booking section of the website if you wanted to.

Please accept our apologies as you do clearly feel let down. We do sincerely hope that this one experience won't prevent you from considering our service again in the future.

Ratchet2112's reply to Aferry's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2015

The fact that you've taken 2 months to respond to my posting speaks volumes..........

You made no reply whatsoever when I chased you up by email (my spam and junk folders are checked and emptied daily).

I resolved my problem myself by speaking directly with the ferry operator (thus bypassing the weakest link !)

Aferry's reply to Ratchet2112's Comment

Dear Ratchet2112,

Thank you for the reply. We're glad that you changed your booking to your satisfaction via the ferry company. This is always an option. Just as you would change a flight with an airline no matter who you booked with.

For future reference, please note that we can only respond to remarks that we know about. If a review is anonymous and made on a website with no connection to us, we have no way of knowing about it. We would advise you to use one of our many official channels to contact us instead.

For example, we email all our customers and ask them to review us on Trustpilot and so we respond to all comments on Trustpilot that require action. In addition to email, we also have a UK based call centre, a Twitter account and a Facebook account. You can use any of these channels to contact us.

Thanks once again for booking with us and please once again accept our apologies that we didn't manage to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Read 3 Comments

“Awul- Bikers do not use!”

Written on: 25/04/2015 by harryflatters (1 review written)

I usually book direct with Brittany Ferries (I will now continue to do so) but on the 6th time. I thought I would shop around. I am used to inputting vehicle details at any stage between booking & travel (in this instance 5 months...) . I select motorcycle as the vehicle. 4 people travelling. I complete the booking. giving my bike details which I assume I can fill in the others when I have collected their reg No's... The following day, I find that only one vehicle per booking is possible! How… Read Full Review

Aferry's Response to harryflatters's Review

Written on: 01/05/2015

Dear Mr Mulcahy,

We can see that this is a repeat of the review you left for us on Trustpilot. We can understand your frustration and once again can only apologise for this poor booking experience you had. We are working hard to improve, to make things even clearer than before.

If for some reason you were not notified of our reply on Trustpilot, here it is below:

Dear Mr Mulcahy,

Thank you for booking with AFerry, and for taking the time to leave this insightful review. Please accept our sincere apologies that our booking system did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We have passed on your comments to our technical team to see if we can make it clearer that only one motorcycle can be booked at once. We do present this information when selecting a motorbike, but we are always trying to improve.

Regarding making deposits, unfortunately, this is not something we have ever offered. As such, we don’t advertise this service on our website or offer that option on our payment page. We’re sorry if you thought this service was provided, and we will consider ways to make this fact clearer.

Regarding the charges, for your information, in this instance, we added the extra motorbikes for you - free of charge. However, naturally there was a difference in fare between one motorbike and four. Please rest assured that had you originally booked four people with four motorcycles, the total cost would have been exactly the same.

Thank you once again for booking with AFerry and for taking the time to write this review. We hope that you have an enjoyable journey and that you consider using AFerry again in future.

“Very un helpful !!!”

Written on: 13/03/2015

I booked a mini cruise for my son's 21st Birthday for him and three fiends with aferry.co.uk. There were problems with the engine and the sailing was cancelled. I had to to claim of the insurance. I was asked to obtain details from the company to proceed with the claim. Each time I approached them they were not helpful at all; they just 'passed the buck' back to P&O ferries who informed me that aferry.co.uk should have and were able to deal with this in the first place. WILL NOT BE USING… Read Full Review

Aferry's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2015

Hi,

Thank you very much for booking with AFerry and please accept our apologies over this issue. You obviously didn't have a good experience with your cancelled ferry booking or with the ferry company later and we can only apologise for this.

We have thousands of satisfied customers every day and we would love to fully resolve this issue so you could join their ranks.

However, as this review is completely anonymous we cannot comment in great depth as we have no way of seeing your booking details. Please contact us (you can see our contact details linked to on every page) and if you supply your details we will do all we can to help you.

However, generally, what we can say is that In the event of a cancelled sailing we will always endeavour to notify passengers where possible and are always happy to assist with rebooking where required.

Regarding claims, we will be more than happy to assist by providing a document to aid a travel insurance claim. We would certainly never have an issue with this at all.

Thanks once again. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you.

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 03/01/2015 by Madisonc126 (1 review written)

As a frequent user of aferry I am so terribly disappointed that they charged me a €25 penalty because of a mistake I made due to a problem I encountered when I made my booking. I contacted them within about 1 minute after making the booking to explain what happened and tell them I had clicked on the wrong date. The mistake happened because my baby came downstairs from his bed during my booking and distracted me. All of this I explained in an email sent to aferry customer service within 1… Read Full Review

Aferry.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 09/02/2015

Hi,

Thank you very much for booking with AFerry and please accept our apologies over this issue. Based on what you say we believe that you should not have been charged an amendment fee. However, without a booking reference it is difficult help further. Could you please email us with your booking reference?

If you email us your reference we can confirm what happened and organise a reimbursement if one is due.

We do know and appreciate that everybody makes the occasional mistake and we really don't want to penalise people for that.

Thanks once again. We look forward to hearing from you.

Aferry.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2015

You can find a link to our contact details (phone and email) at the bottom of all AFerry.co.uk pages. Thank you.

Esleenoemos's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2015

Dear Aferry Team,
booking no 6712022
Although the first contact with Customer Service returned a negative response, I replied to that email saying, as above, that I was disappointed etc, etc, This 2nd email landed on someone elses desk and she contacted me immediately and apologised... and ensured a refund, which I now have received on my account.

So I can only agree that everyone makes the occasional mistake and your company have rectified that for which Im very pleased! Customers must also persue issues like this when they feel they have been treated unfairly.

Thank you and I look forward to booking my next trip with you.
Emma