Palicomp Reviews - www.palicomp.co.uk

Palicomp - www.palicomp.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Palicomp - www.palicomp.co.uk

Palicomp - www.palicomp.co.uk

“Fast and Professional Assistance”

Written on: 26/09/2022 by mister2 (2 reviews written)

I ordered a new system from Palicomp. Whilst setting it up on a Sunday I found I had no video signal. Tried different leads and swapped out monitors to no avail. Emailed Palicomp support Sunday afternoon and received a reply Monday morning. Turns out it was a self inflicted error when it was pointed out that I had been using the on board graphics rather than the HDMI connection from the graphics card. My problem was literally sorted out in seconds after reading the clear advice emailed to me. No technical jargon, no talking down to me and (as was my greatest fear) no 'send it back and we will check it out'. Genuine advice from genuine professionals who know what they re talking about. Definitely 5 star service. Thanks guys!

“worked perfectly”

Written on: 01/07/2022 by steviemag (1 review written)

ordered a computer, found it to be almost half as cheap as getting an inferior machine from currys or the like for example. put one of the pre-built computers together for under £500 as my computer died on me the previous week. was emailed the same day and offered some upgrades for a reduced price, which I agreed to and paid the extra. Ordered on a Tuesday with 5-10 day wait time and it was built and delivered on the Friday. plugged everything in and the upgrades were there. it works absolutely perfectly and isn't full of absolute nonsense apps you'd get if you got it from the normal kinds of places. had it for a week now and it's great! plays recent games and runs my working environment very well. Very happy that I made the purchase

“Help with PSU upgrade”

Written on: 25/05/2022 by CAP2904 (1 review written)

I purchased my Palicomp PC two and a half years ago. I purchased from elsewhere a secondhand graphics card to speed up photo editing. But it crashed the PC when I tried to do some graphics intensive operations. I wasn't sure if the software, the GPU or the power supply was the problem. I contacted Palicomp support who were very helpful and confirmed that my PSU wasn't up to the task of powering the new PCIE graphics card I had fited. They recommended a replacement that would do the job. I ordered a replacement PSU from Palicomp for £90. I was pleased to see that postage was included and the very next day DPD delivered my new PSU which I fitted and it solved all my problems. 10 out of 10 for top support and service!

“Utter Shambles”

Written on: 24/11/2021 by 338Cassidy (1 review written)

Not my first time with Palicomp but will certainly be my last, bought a PC for £3000 and then spent another £660 on upgrades, was having issues with the graphics card overheating and having the fans ramping RPM, the card was sent back to Palicomp to be tested and I was told "You are now outside the 1 Year parts cover and as advised prior the cooler had been removed from the graphics card before we received it here which voids any manufacturer Warranty." the card was never tampered with or anything removed from this, its simply a faulty card which they are trying to get out of replacing/repairing, they are all about being nice when they are taking your money, but as you can see from other reviews the after sales is a shambles, there plain rude, aggressive and have the customer service skills of a potato, stay well clear from these guys

“Order cancelled within 24 hours of being placed”

Written on: 04/11/2021

Have spent a lot of time waiting for all the components for a new build to be available, finally able to order everything I need then badly let down by Palicomp, this is my first order I have placed with them and will be my last. So disappointed that I would advise others to avoid unless you can tolerate their unreliability.

“Great PC, poor After Sales”

Written on: 12/10/2021 by steve.e.lane (1 review written)

Spent ages choosing components before finally submitting order. Then received email stating three components out of stock. Most big companies can now hide out of stock items. Palicomp offered alternate parts at a slightly higher price. Took delivery of machine to find card reader was faulty. Now, I know a card reader is a cheap, easily replaced item but on principle I notified Palicomp After Sales. They quickly posted out a replacement, but sadly that too was faulty. I then fitted my own reader from my old PC and it was fine. Notified Palicomp again and requested refund for card reader I was not able to use (again on principle). Was assured refund had been passed to Accounts but I never received it (requested in July so not holding my breath). If you do buy from them, you will get a great machine at a gteat price. Just keep your fingers crossed nothing is faulty.

“Great company and great employees ”

Written on: 08/10/2021 by msKrause193 (1 review written)

I ordered i pc and made a mistake so there were able to cancel my fist order and send me out the one I wanted within 2 days. Trust customer services and the product is amazing.

“Great customer service!”

Written on: 23/06/2021 by Neilttaylor (1 review written)

I recently spoke to a guy at Palicomp about a custom built PC. He gave good advice, suggesting a few changes to the spec I had come up with, all of which made sense. I ordered the PC. 48 hours later it had been built and delivered to me. Set up was a breeze and it was exactly what I wanted. Great machine at a reasonable price and first class customer service! Thank you.

“offers high quality products and discounts on every order”

Written on: 20/06/2021 by MartinW1536772 (7 reviews written)

Easy to use and access the website. They offers Amazing collections of products at very reasonable price and discounts on every order. Impressed with the on time shipping service. Also, provides good customer service. Nice experience.

“Worst packaging”

Written on: 13/06/2021 by jetrom (1 review written)

Unacceptable packaging. Ordered a £1400 graphics card which arrived with a battered and torn box. The audacity of them to literally apply one layer of bubble wrap on one side and put the gpu in a box that can barely fit the gpu causing it to tear - cheaping out on packaging for a high value item. I immediately emailed support upon my items arrival and haven't received a response to this day.

“Good quality product, reasonable cost, fast shipping...”

Written on: 19/05/2021 by AaceBradley (7 reviews written)

Definitely one of the best service i have ever experienced. Good selections of PC's. Different brands are available at very reasonable cost. Fast shipping service provided and product received in excellent condition. Overall satisfied with my purchase.

“Fixing issues under warranty”

Written on: 06/05/2021 by DWinCheshire (1 review written)

I was very happy with my new Ryzen 5 tower from Palicomp. Arrived on time and met all expectations. 2 months in, I began to get BSOD and Windows errors appearing. I reset Windows to the factory setting but the problem persisted. After a fruitless updating of all drivers, I decided this was likely a hardware issue and called in on the warranty. The response to the phone call was quick and efficient. After a couple of remote checks, it was clear that there was a need to return the machine. Conveniently I live within striking distance of Crewe and was able to bring it to their Centre myself rather than use a courier. The tech I had spoken to met me at the door and had me wait whilst he investigated. He quickly identified the hardware issue, replaced parts, stress-tested the system and returned it to me; total time on-site 30 minutes! I had resigned myself to working on an old machine for a couple of weeks. This is my first hardware failure and the support provided was better than I could have wished for. Thank you Palicomp!

“Damaged dirty used”

Written on: 15/03/2021 by Dsf999 (1 review written)

AVOID—ordered for my sons birthday and the casing is second hand clearly used. There’s a 12cm Crack down the optical drive door presumably from courier. The Case is scratched, dirty and marked all over. Optical drive blank cap is missing. Remote for changing lights missing. Disgraceful. Wouldn’t use this company again. Only way to contact is via email. Not helpful at all. Will be contacting card issuer. No explanation at all for what I’ve received. Seems like they couldn’t care less.

“Great PC and excellent customer service”

Written on: 10/02/2021 by Ru5h666 (1 review written)

Ordered my new PC from Palicomp. Very reasonable prices compare to the competitors. Pc arrived quickly. Great build quality. So far very happy with it. Will definitely recommend.

“Non Working PC and Support”

Written on: 15/01/2021 by gds9564 (2 reviews written)

I had a massive issue with my Windows upgrade which resulted in a non working pc . Sent various emails , was getting frustrated but they rung me and worked me through the issue which I could not do the first time round . I wanted it sent back for repair but they knew best and had it sorted . Many thanks

“Superb customer service and speedy delivery”

Written on: 24/12/2020 by EmmanuelUnderwood (1 review written)

Having trawled the net for a UK PC builder who offered a finance deal, I as luck happened found these guys,to put it simply if you need a build tailored to your needs then look no further my build arrived with FREE delivery within 10 day stated arrival date,In a very robust box very sturdily packed and in pristine condition. I chose to not go too overboard price wise (budget of 1000 GBP)on a top notch bare bones rig but even little things like perfect default cable management are the cherry on the top of the cake ,this all added to a superb experience from customer support/Technical then delivery I would use Palicomp gladly in a heartbeat again.

“Great company to deal with”

Written on: 24/09/2020 by ChrisMangalaparathy (1 review written)

I don't usually leave reviews, but wanted to for Palicomp. I submitted a price beater quote to them and received a swift response. They offered me a very good deal, but I decided to ring and discuss my needs. I spoke with a man, who was very knowledgeable and a completely understood why I wanted to make a few swaps. A short time later the final quote was emailed and I rang the man back to finalise the last few bits and then placed the order. This all happened within a single Monday. He offered me a good deal on a few upgrades which included priority build and dispatch. The machine was built and shipped on Tuesday and received on Wednesday. I checked it all over and it appeared to be built well, cables well hidden, machine protected in shipping etc. So I booted it up and to my surprise there was a nice clean build of Windows Pro (I was expecting windows home!). There was no bundles of shareware and trial versions of programmes you would never want to go near. Just a nice clean super fast version of Windows. I usually like to find a complaint, but in this instance I cant really fault the price (worked out it was actually cheaper than buying the parts myself), the build and dispatch time (Ordered Monday around 3pm, and delivered around lunchtime Wednesday), every part is EXACTLY the part they said it would be (no trying to swap for lesser models or speeds or anything like that), a surprise upgrade to Windows 10 pro, no rubbish extra pre-installed software. And even when I asked if I could buy and extra few screws to transfer an old storage HDD from my old computer (I have metal screws that don't fit well, but wanted the rubberised ones designed for the case), they have put them in the post free of charge! As you can tell, am really please I ordered from them and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

“Great price, service and final product”

Written on: 02/08/2020 by NickN. (1 review written)

I was looking for a £1k PC for a teenager who had saved up for a couple of years, checked lots of hardware reviews (mainly PCG UK) and checked my custom build against Palicomp and other main compeititors. Palicomp were best on price and delivery time, and very quick to respond to emailed product queries. Once I placed the order they called to discuss the build and talk through options where items were unavailable. These discussions were detailed and I felt were full of good, honest and knowledgeable advice with every question answered. I felt I was getting the rig I wanted and decided to take an upgrade bundle on the warranty (and some components) in good faith, especially as they had advised me to take a cheaper but quality choice on other aspects of the build. Businesses always get bonus points when they say "spend less"! The PC arrived looking great, nice tidy build and without any issues, working perfectly. I'd recommend these guys without any reservation to anyone looking for quality of service and product for their PC budget. Will be returning for future purchases.

“Amazing gaming rig for fantastic price”

Written on: 16/07/2020 by AHall55 (1 review written)

I spoke to Palicomp directly to enquire about a prebuilt gaming pc from amazon for my son, the person i dealt with helped me choose the perfect components and case. Delivery was quick (2 day turn around), pc arrived well packaged and in pristine condition. Very happy with the customer service and quality of the PC! It’s extremely quiet and boots very quickly with high FPS on the games played so far. Would highly recommend this company to all but would suggest speaking to them for peace of mind.

“excellent”

Written on: 19/06/2020 by brown.o (1 review written)

Very intuitive website. I coould find exactly what I need. I would definitely recommend it.