Autoprotect Reviews - www.autoprotect.net

• Customer service

Autoprotect - www.autoprotect.net - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Autoprotect - www.autoprotect.net

Autoprotect - www.autoprotect.net

“Appalling waste of money.”

Written on: 02/09/2022 by Adrian9876 (1 review written)

This warranty came with a second hand car I bought in January 2022 and I paid extra to extend to 12 months. I realised that the wheel bearing had gone and spent an excessive amount of time attempting to get in touch with someone at this Company. I was told to take the vehicle to get it assessed and also told that £40.00 an hour was the rate offered for the repair. Most garages are a minimum of £59.00. One of the repair centres was unable to get through to authorise the claim, the other two would not deal with them. Eventually I made another call and was told to try Halfords. They picked up on both wheel bearings, but apparently this is wear and tear and therefore not covered. I wasted days off, countless minutes on the phone, not to mention fuel on a policy that is not worth the paper it is written on. A lack of clarity in the covered/exclusion section and had I spoken to someone who knew anything about the warranty or in fact cars, I would have carried out the work myself. The customer service staff, bar one, were not only passive aggressive, but also clueless most of the time. The car dealer who sold me the car was good, but this warranty company lets them down and I have called to tell them that (their review will reflect this).

“AVOID”

Written on: 13/07/2022

Well... where do i start.. how this Company trades and can get away with tricking people me off is beyond me.. they have from day one tried every trick in their book to get out paying for the engine failure which is clearly supposed to be covered in the policy taking out with these charlatans. I have a 370z nismo which suffered a catastrophic engine failure and was quoted around 4500 to put right.. this happened over 3 months ago. After contacting them and providing them with the service history stating that it was serviced within the manufactures guide lines they some how lost the evidence of my service history and rejected the claim.I then rang them and watsapped them a picture of the service history which then then mysteriously lost once more. I then resent them the docs in another email.They then required a video of the damaged engine stripped showing the damage of the crank and so on. The garage have sent this video to them on 2 occasions... Once while the Lady was on the phone to the garage just to make sure they 100 percent received them as once again they somehow lost the 1st video... They are now saying they have never received any video which is utter rubbish.. The garage have now lost patience with this awful company and have said they cant waste anymore time with their games as they are clearly doing every thing not to assist.. ive also came to the conclusion by reading all the other reviews that they clearly dont pay out on larger claims.They should not offer this kind of cover if they are not prepared to pay out. One Further note to add when i contacted the Garage to send them my car via recovery and stated that it was under warranty with auto protect the guy actually laughed and said "good luck with that"... so please avoid this company as if you have a high claim their contracts are not worth the paper its written on..

“difficult to deal with”

Written on: 13/05/2022 by 186Long (1 review written)

The roof on my BMWz4 stopped functioning so rang the claims number and eventually got through after listen to different menues and options and was told the claim would be covered and i got it booked in with my local BMW dealer who identified an issue with a Hall sensor and Auto protect agreed to pay for this. This did not fix the problem and and a new part was thought to be the problem at a cost of £500 but Auto Protect would not authorise the payment of this and asked the garage to contact me for approval and they would review it if it fixed the problem. The garage is having problems with them now as it has fixed the problem and i have rung and been placed on hold for 20 mins with nobody answering. Iam not surprised that they are getting such bad reviews

“WARNING  Claim limit is £200 and the tyres I’m...”

Written on: 09/03/2022 by Haileeg9 (1 review written)

WARNING  Claim limit is £200 and the tyres I’m having fitted by Kwikfit are £145. Autoprotect doesn’t want to approve the replacement because the tyres kwikfit wants to fit to my car show as tyres above £200 on “Autoprotects price file”. When infact they are £145! I paid from my own pocket. Also the shortest I waited on the phone was 48minutes. You got me good Autoprotect, you got me good. But I want to thank you for this valuable lesson. As I am still young, and will be purchasing more vehicles in the coming years. And when offered tyre, alloy or paint insurance… I will giggle and tell the salesman “nice joke” :D I will make sure this reputation spreads like wildfire among my peers and family.

Kierancross253's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2022

I will also be spreading the word... this company is one massive con...

Read 1 Comment

“Poor quality and service ”

Written on: 04/01/2022 by SeamusReece (1 review written)

The worst ever warranty company I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Basically poor in every department from picking up the phone to paying a claim that qualifies and they only cover the minimum amount, started a claim on the 26 of November and they made us and the customer run round in circles for months and they still haven’t paid the claim, just send you lots of emails saying it’s been dealt with, even though it hasn’t. A complete waste of time and money. Avoid this company if your a dealer or a customer they just cause more customer service problems and complaints.

“POOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICE”

Written on: 05/10/2021 by ClarenceMcFadden (1 review written)

POOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICE Gap claim denied as the replacement vehicle was obtained under a PCP agreement and not a lease. Car was stolen and due to shortages it was impossible to get another lease vehicle for at least 6-12 months so had no choice to get nearly new one which was only available under a PCP agreement. They expected me to wait for that long if I wanted a pay out under the policy. Clear example of using an unfortunate situation to their advantage in order to not pay out. They also charged in full for alloy and key insurance and would not let me transfer to the new car. £700 wasted on unless policies. They also make claims and complaints procedure very difficult and insist on everything in writing or through the app.

“Save Your Money Go Elsewhere ”

Written on: 07/09/2021 by 64Huber (1 review written)

I purchased Autoprotect's product 'Mechanical Breakdown Insurance' Their sales people are good at taking your money and inform you that you can take your car almost anywhere for repairs. e.g. you can use the car manufacturers service centre, a third party repairer such as Halfords/Kwik Fit or even your local small garage repairer. When you attempt to make a claim you discover that many repairers won't go through Autoprotect's claims processes. Why should they? They are running their business and don't have to jump through hoops for Autoprotect's benefit. Autoprotect do not provide a list of garages that they have approved and are willing to work with Autoprotect's processes. When you try to make a claim you have to be prepared to stay on the phone forever. When you finally get through you are informed that no work must be done on your car until it is approved. So you want your car repaired by your chosen dealer? Probably not possible because they don't want to deal with Autoprotect. Autoprotect then inform you that if you use your preferred dealer to get the repair done ASAP your claim will be void. So if you adhere to their claim processes they don't want you to get your car back on the road ASAP. Instead their focus is to get the repair done as cheaply as possible and if that means you have to wait days (or even weeks) then so be it. When I started the claims process for my car I used a national car service centre, they completed the first diagnostic and recommended that a specialist diagnostic centre should be used. This company was not the car manufacturer, but their service rates are far lower. By using both companies I could have the car back on the road within a week. Happiness? No. Autoprotect stated 'cease all work until the claim is approved. If you carry on your claim will be declined.' Autoprotect did not take into consideration what needed to be done to get the repairs completed ASAP. The companies I had chosen were the most cost effective, but both will not work with Autoprotect due to the problems they had experienced in the past. So Autoprotect sell you a repair product and regardless of who you want to use, to get the repair done quickly and at a cost much lower then the manufacturer, you discover that to make a claim will take much longer, telephone communication with Autoprotect takes hours and hours and if you don't adhere to Autoprotect's processes (to the letter) your claim will be void. Now, when the Autoprotect's sales person sold you their repair product did he/she give you all of this information? No When you read the small print in the product they sold you did they tell you that the main focus is to reduce the claim as much as possible? No When you read the small print in the product they sold you, did they tell you that you have to be prepared to wait for days (or even weeks) to get the repair done? No So, to conclude Autoprotect has a business model that brings in a relatively large amount cash quickly and everything appears to be acceptable to you and if you need to make a claim there shouldn't be a problem. Then one unfortunate day your car breaks down, you need a repair ASAP, and then and only then, you discover you have wasted your money Never, ever use Autoprotect. If you want a roadside recovery service use a national company such as the AA or RAC Don't waste your money on a mechanical/electrical repair needed by using Autoprotect - You will wait for ever. And they will find any reason not to support your claim.

Dorian1967's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2021

I’m having exactly same problem Peugeot Aldershot had 2 weeks to contact them and didn’t even both as they probably no they are a bad payout company I had to foot a £717 bill I opened a claim but they won’t pay it , I’m taking it further and gonna name and shame as much as possible!!

Read 1 Comment

“too hard to contact ”

Written on: 02/09/2021 by AllanSears304 (1 review written)

The service levels and answer times on all the different numbers that have been given are terrible. They seem to be trying to put you off from making a claim at every point - hoping you will just give up. I understand that their could be some COVID impact, but at this point you would have thought they would have put some contingency plans in place to actually support their customers. My garage could not contact them to agree for the work to be done so I tried, only to be hold that they would have to speak to the garage. How can I expect someone from the garage to waste hours of their time listening to hold music ? There are time requirements from their side after reporting a claim initially, which are always going to be hard to meet unless you and someone from the garage has a couple of days available. The warranty was for my peace of mind - with this company, I have no confidence that I would have coverage or what I would be able to get them to engage with the process to see it through

“DO NOT BUY - worthless warranty”

Written on: 06/08/2021 by Stevejones2021 (1 review written)

I bought a 61 plate BMW with 50000 miles on the clock and a full main dealer service history, paid £850 extra from the garage for a two year “comprehensive “ parts and labour warranty. 10,000 miles later and within the warranty period the car suffered a catastrophic engine failure caused by (according to uk best reviewed engine replacement company) failure of the oil pump.which I am told is a common fault with this BMW engine (it’s even been on bbc watchdog programme). The car has been serviced by BMW main dealers and regularly health checked by them. Put in a claim to auto protect, waited three weeks for the “ engineer” assessment and I’ve just been informed that the claim has. Even rejected due to the “turbo” being the cause of failure ! I am now faced with a £3500 repair bill and a legal fight to recover my costs. The claims “helpline” staff are rude and unhelpful when you finally get through (45mins in a queue). DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY

“Rubbish service”

Written on: 20/07/2021 by Curran269 (1 review written)

Absolutely appalling service. Took my car into the garage because of a noise coming from the front wheel. Eventually found a damaged CV joint. Tried to claim and had a terrible time trying to contact them. They requested a video of the driveshaft and cv joint which was duly sent to them. No one bothered to contact me respond to the video I sent. So tried to contact them again and eventually after over 30 minutes some one bothered to answer the telephone. Was told the video was insufficient and they required another video of the inside of the cv joint. Why did they not ask for this in the first place? They told the garage to upload the video to a portal but, the garage does not do social media, they are mechanics not IT people. They tried to contact Autoprotect 3 times, each time waiting for over 30 minutes on hold. They eventually gave up as they cannot sit around waiting for them to answer the telephone. I eventually contacted them after waiting for over 30 minutes on hold once again. ​Took the video and submitted it by email. Once again they have not bothered to contact me even though the video was sent 2 days ago. The warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. My car has now been in the garage over a week taking up space on one of the ramps which the garage can ill afford. Every time I have tried to contact them I have had to wait over 30 minutes on hold. I complained about this and received a trite response stating that they were experiencing a high number of calls. Just a rubbish excuse for poor service.

“Truley Disgusting”

Written on: 25/06/2021 by Litzyh219 (1 review written)

I am very disappointed with the service that I have received. I took out the Williams paint protection with them which I was advised would be a lifetime cover. I have tried to make a claim with them and it has proved extremely difficult. I have emailed and called numerous times and either been hung up on, left on hold or ignored. When I finally did get hold of them after 45 minutes on hold I was advised to email, which has since been ignored. I have been trying to get hold of them for over 2 months now and the damage to my car is still not repaired. After spending money to take out a policy the least you expect is for them to get back to you. It is appalling.

“Is this company still in business ”

Written on: 08/06/2021 by Terry5863 (1 review written)

I have a car warranty with AutoProtect/Click4Warranty.My car has been at Halfords Since last Wednesday the 2nd of June.It is now Tuesday the 8th of June.Halfords and myself have been trying to contact AutoProtect for the last two days without any response from them ,you are just held in a queue.Halfords have applied for an authorization on line but they have had no response back not even a phone call.Yesterday and today I have rang AutoProtect 4 time for 45 minutes each time with no response.So unprofessional.I am not happy with this company at all.Once my warranty is finished I will never use this company again.

“Take Warranty and Recycle as Toilet Paper”

Written on: 18/03/2021 by Salvatorea475 (1 review written)

Useless, I will not go into detail as many people prior to me have done a perfectly decent job of bringing to light the nefarious business practices of these utter charlatans... Word of advice, don't muck about, get online and sue them via small claims court. Represent yourself, do not hire a Solicitor but ensure your facts and dates etc are correct and documented, send all documentation with the claim and a description of what happened worded impartially..just facts. Go to Companies House, do a search for the CEO of the business, find him on Linked In and message him. All of you.

“Useless Gold warranty ”

Written on: 30/08/2020 by asifshahzad (1 review written)

There is no point buying this warranty as they dont cover any thing i have bought a car for Hammond car clutch was gone . .When i called this company they did not deal with the claim and dont even bother to call back .luckily Hammond car payed for all the repairs .please save your money this warranty is waste of space These sanke oil sales men wanted me to pay for diagnosis fee which as £450 non refundable and get the clutch replaced warranty should be able to deal with this kind of stuff so again this warranty is waste of space Just to add insult they tried to stop my review in trust poilet . i have every right to give a review and will not be silenced .

“Took out an £800.00 warranty with them. two weeks...”

Written on: 29/11/2019 by big-Boothie (1 review written)

Took out an £800.00 warranty with them. two weeks after fault claim is still being reviewed. endless calls in not to be called back, cannot speak with claim manager, cannot speak with departmental manager. Not fit for purpose. Avoid avoid avoid. would give them no stars but the system won't let me.

“Do Not Use”

Written on: 15/11/2019 by deanwatson (1 review written)

Do not waste your money on a pointless warranty We could not get hold of the company at the time of needing to claim. We had no choice but to have the work done on our car by the garage as we could not reach the company prior to and had to get is sorted ASAP as we otherwise had no car. I then called them again the very same day to try and sort our claim and have now been told that because I did not get authorization from them before instructing the garage they will not pay for the repair! Massively unreasonable clause here given that we could not get through to them to gain this prior agreement, not that that should matter as the repair was clearly needed and if anything the only thing in dispute should be the cost if anything at all. Madness!!!! Will never be using them again. All be warned of the mass of small print that they absolutely stick to even if they are the ones at fault with lack of ability to pick up the phone, they would also not even cover the full cost of the labour on our first claim and this was from a small local garage so dread to think what our excess would have been at a main dealer.

“Farcial waste of time”

Written on: 30/10/2019 by Toowat2003 (1 review written)

Warranty states a National Network of repairers which, suprise,suprise is Halfords and only Halfords. Halfords are pretty much a basics garage and do not carry out diagnostic investigations,reports,repairs and photos. APA have a national contract with Halfords and must be well aware of Halfords limitations.They just send you there to put you through the waste of time and inconvienience process. The Gold Plan covers the majority of parts that can breakdown,but they aint getting repaired at Halfords.If you have medical insurance, they wouldn't send you to the Opticians to have a Tooth out. I purchased this warranty in good faith and in the event of a breakdown it would be quickly repaired and pain free, my experience has been the complete opposite.

“DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO THEM”

Written on: 18/10/2019 by faraz786 (1 review written)

Horrendous. Avoid completely. They are very good at taking money but when you come to claim they will take forever. They wanted to inspect my car so sent someone to the garage on Monday to look at it. Now apparently the guy who inspected the car has not returned their inspection form so there is nothing they can do about it apart from wait. Hold on!! This is not my fault. This is your delay so I should be compensated for the delay. I am not dealing with this third party, I am dealing with AutoProtect. I couldn't care less what the reason for delay is. This is for AutoProtect to resolve. They have made so many promises to me about how long this would take and all promises have been broken. In the meantime I am forking out £40 a day in taxis. Last I spoke to them they said they can't do anything???? You should have procedures in place to deal with claims. And if they fail you should have backups. This is not my fault. The garage has had my car for two weeks and cannot hold onto it for much longer. They have limited space. Even they have said that this is the worst warranty company they have come across. I have put in a formal complaint and will take this case to the ombudsman in due course because I have no faith in this rubbish company. The people who work there are not given authority to deal with queries effectively so it is not their fault. I am shocked and distressed by this episode. I will NEVER recommend anyone to AutoProtect. I wish they would just wind up and cease trading. I would give minus 100 stars if I could.

“DO NOT USE!! AWFUL COMPANY”

Written on: 13/08/2018 by Abrett10 (1 review written)

Will find any excuse to not pay! Will either use excuse of 'wear and tear' or as in my case, class it as 'diagnositics' there for not pay towards it. Also their standard labour rate is £40 an hour! No decent garage in essex charges anywhere near that. Further more they recommended to use halfords; Halfords keep labour to £40. However when i called it turns out they do not deal with automatic vehicles! How helpful despite it saying on the warranty that the car is an automatic!! don't know who to be more annoyed at the warranty company or the garage that sold it to me!

“AVOID THESE PARASITES !!!!!!”

Written on: 11/10/2017 by Miles320 (1 review written)

They will not pay out for a genuine mechanical breakdown..... AVOID them like the plague !!!!