Diwa Authentic Indian Cuisine, Maidenhead Reviews

• Quality of food

Diwa Authentic Indian Cuisine, Maidenhead - Ask a question now

“perfect end to a trip”

written by JimDraper on 14/10/2014

would like to say thank you for the event we held at your premises. the staff were fantastic and pampered to all of our needs.................................................................................................

“Been there a couple of times, excellent service and ...”

written by BrentBrown on 31/05/2013

Been there a couple of times, excellent service and great food. Will continue to use them and recommend to others.

“hAD CHICKEN CURRY LAST WEEKEND, It WAS HOOOOOOT, BUT...”

written by VictorWhite on 25/05/2013

hAD CHICKEN CURRY LAST WEEKEND, It WAS HOOOOOOT, BUT TASTY, great service and great ambience. Recommended to all who want to try something new

“amazing”

written by lis90503wi on 27/10/2012

Amazing Indian food, simply the best in town. Definitely recommended.

“A truly great Indian!”

written by MrTambourineMan on 05/09/2012

I have a problem. I admit it! I'm addicted to Curry. Yes, here you have a self confessed Indian addict! I eat Indian whenever I get a chance - and travelling for work presents plenty of chances (at least twice a month). Now I have eaten in some of the so called "Best" or "Award Winning" Indian restaurants across Britain, but I think my favourite is still on my doorstep....Diwa Indian in Maidenhead. The staff are fantastic. Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the food they are serving. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed - never too rowdy (albeit I don't go as late as I used to) and never too refined. Kind of just right, relaxing - if you know what I mean? Above all else the food is great. Well spiced and well prepared and the prices are not crazy either (for food or drinks). With a couple more restaurants like Diwa we could even start our own "Curry Triangle" - if that is even legal in Berkshire?

“Currytastic!”

written by TimmyRocks on 23/08/2012

I am a big time lover of Indian food and have been searching for a decent curry house for some time. Thank god that search now appears to be over. Me and my wife went to Diwa Authentic Indain Cuisine last week and the place just blew out mind. We eat lots of curry as my wife has celiac disease and it is a type of food that offers her great selection without having to worry to much about gluten! To start things off the staff were amazing and made us feel right at home, all very polite and explained everything about food contents once I informed them of my wife's condition. We ordered drinks and starters and they were with us in no time. All excellent quality. The food was out of this world, not greasy like many Indian restaurants, nicely spiced and very well presented. I had a Madras and it was potent without being silly, just how I like it :) All in all this was a great find and we will be coming back for sure, fingers crossed this high standard can be maintained... Would recommend to anyone looking for great food in the local area!

“This has to be the best Indian restaurant in...”

written by on 30/12/2010

This has to be the best Indian restaurant in Maidenhead (and I have tried many if not most). The food is fantastic and we regularly use their home delivery service which is prompt. The Chicken Hyderbadi is not for the faint hearted but is a staple favourite of mine.

“Used to live very close to this restaurant and it...”

written by on 15/07/2010

Used to live very close to this restaurant and it turned into one of my favorite places to go. The food really is a notch above the rest and now when I go to any other Indian I end up comparing it to Diwa.
Sadly, not living so close anymore but will still go out of my way to go and enjoy a meal here.
Service is always good and staff very friendly. Think it's still a bit of a missed spot in Maidenhead not being so close to town but it's worth going.

“this is now my local indian restaurant, prviously i...”

written by on 18/06/2010

this is now my local indian restaurant, prviously i have tried all indian restaurant in maidenhead but this is different, diwa is the only true indian restaurant/takeaway/delivery restaurant in maidenhead. the food is out of this world and very good value and quality.

“One of the best Indian restaurants on the area. The...”

written by on 24/05/2010

One of the best Indian restaurants on the area. The food is prepared using fresh ingredients, it is tasty and there is traditional and speciality dishes to choose from. Every tine I have eaten there I have tried something different and never been disappointed!

The staff are friendly and the service great. Comfortable surroundings and overall a superb restaurant which is well worth a visit.

“I live in London but work in Maidenhead, been to this...”

written by on 05/02/2010

I live in London but work in Maidenhead, been to this resturant twice and I must say service is excellent and the food was lovely. I am Indian and I am never convinced when some one who is not asian recomends a Indian resturant to me BUT I have to hold my hands up and say 5 Star recomendation, 5 Star service, 5 star food.

“excellent food and fine wine, very courtious waiter...”

written by on 24/01/2010

excellent food and fine wine, very courtious waiter service and brillant atmoshphere

“I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Diwa Restaurant, I...”

written by berkshirefoodcritic on 16/12/2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Diwa Restaurant, I found the atmosphere to be most pleasant and the food to be exquisite.
I visited the restaurant along with a colleague, and we ordered a selection of starters and main dishes. The spice in the food was tailored to our specific requirements and I found the dishes to be flavourful but not overpowering.
The favourite dish of the night had to be the chicken korma. Usually a simple dish of coconut and cream but Diwa have succeeded to provide enough depth to the dish to satisy a fussy critic such as myself.
10/10
I would recommend the restaurant to anybody.

“I am so excited for our work's Christmas dinner we've...”

written by polly0123 on 08/11/2009

I am so excited for our work's Christmas dinner we've booked for at Diwa!

I was so blown away by this restaurant, it opened at the beginning of this year I think and I go almost every week now, with friends and family for a sit down meal, or I get it delivered.

Location:
It's near to Maidenhead Town centre, but not in the busy part which is a plus. and they have parking on site so its very convenient.

Value for money:
The meal prices are very reasonable for the brilliant quality of the food. They have special deals on, there's a lunchtime deal so I come sometimes with work and they have a Sunday buffet which is perfect when you want something easy!

Atmosphere:
Everybody is very friendly and it is beautifully decorated inside the restaurant. There is a bar so you can go up and get a few drinks if you want and when it's warm you can sit outside and eat your meal on the patio.

Food:
They have such a range of dishes here, they have the normal dishes you'd expect such as chicken tikka masala but they also have very exotic dishes you just have to try! Last night I tried duck raja it was absolutely exquisite! I'd recommend it to anybody! My husband is a vegetarian and they also have a great variety of dishes for him too.

Service:
As I said before, on Sundays there is the option of the buffet meal, but I usually go on a Friday for a proper meal. The waiters and the barman are very helpful and friendly and the waiting time is much quicker than most restaurants.

Seriously, I do not think you have tried Indian food till you've tried Diwa. You've gotta go!
10/10

“I travel 15 miles a week to eat at this superb...”

written by David2010 on 08/10/2009

I travel 15 miles a week to eat at this superb restaurant!

I proposed to my fiance here a few weeks back and Diwa were kind enough to give us a bottle of champagne ON THE HOUSE!

Diwa is the only AUTHENTIC Indian cuisine in Maidenhead - all the other places I have visited are in fact Bangladeshi food!

I would recommend this to anybody for real value for money Indian food in a superb atmosphere!