Carmichael Evolution Reviews

5.0
  • Sound Quality

• Appearance

Carmichael Evolution - Ask a question now

“I first came across carmichael clarinets back in 2006...”

written by on 05/10/2009

I first came across carmichael clarinets back in 2006 after reading about them in a newsletter. A bit dubious at first, my student's now regularly use them and the clarinet really does just what it says on the tin, a good beginner to intermediate clarinet. It has a nice light feel, precise tone holes and pads which seal and tightly .

There are so many cheap clarinets around I always wait with baited breath when a new student arrives, more often than not these days the words "online" and "auction site" appear - now I have nothing against an auction site, but you cannot buy a good clarinet for 60 quid!

If you want a good clarinet and your budget is c. £150 you cannot go wrong with the carmichael.

Value and appearance are most definitely 5 stars, tone I have given 4 stars simply because a clarinet under £500 is never going to live up to my expectations but my goodness when compared to some of the clarinets I see, it's worth 10 stars not just 5!

As a teacher i'm not so bothered about cases, but the case it comes with appears to be neat and functional.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2011

I too have purchased a Carmichael Clarinet as a begginers instrument and I must say it has really suprised me with its very good sound and quality of build. I use it with a Yahmaha mouthpiece and Rico reeds and is a pleasure to play. Well worth the money.