Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch Reviews

• Weight: 2 kg
  • Localisation: English / United Kingdom
  • System Type: Notebook
  • Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial, Bluetooth aerial
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz ( Dual-Core )
  • Cache Memory: 3 MB - L2 Cache
  • RAM: 2 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM - 1066 MHz - PC3-8500 ( 2 x 1 GB )
  • Card Reader: Yes
  • Hard Drive: 160 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
  • Optical Storage: DVD±RW (±R DL) - integrated
  • Display: 13.3" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )
  • Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Memory Allocation Technology: Shared Video Memory (UMA)
  • Audio Output: Sound card
  • Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft), Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
  • Notebook Camera: Integrated
  • Input Device: Trackpad, backlit keyboard
  • Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
  • Battery: Lithium polymer
  • Run Time (Up To): 7 hour(s)
  • Operating System: Apple MacOS X 10.5
  • Environmental Standards: EPA Energy Star
  • Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty

“Good One”

Written on: 25/03/2022 by alexanderzingman (2 reviews written)

I love this product , there is no issue of the hang and other all… Read Full Review

“Quick and easy”

Written on: 10/04/2012 by spec1992 (2 reviews written)

It was by far the cheapest policy I could find and it was extremely quick and easy to sign up to it. Everything was chosen and completed in under 5 minutes. I would definitely use it again. It would be nice, however, to have a discount for paying the entire contract up front. DGI587128… Read Full Review

“Another Mac Success”

Written on: 08/02/2012 by AmandaV (11 reviews written)

We have a 6 year G5 that we have been very happy with, so there was no other choice for us but to get a MacBook Pro. We chose the 13… Read Full Review

“Value for your money ”

Written on: 04/02/2012 by randywright97 (2 reviews written)

Awesome machine, extremely fast, does everything Apple says it does. Looks and performs beautifully. So easy to use, you can literally have 20 applications open at once without any problems. I love this machine, get one. Quality, you can't beat a Mac… Read Full Review

“ MacBook Pro - It Just Works !”

Written on: 27/01/2012 by tonyk63 (1 review written)

Buying the MacBook Pro was a leap of faith(& finance) but it is not a step I have regretted for one instant. After years of Windows experience it is good to use a computer that starts quickly, is straightforward to use, has a range of usable programmes installed from day one and which in the time since I bought it (June 2011) has proved entirely reliable working as efficiently now as the day it was purchased. Particular highlights are the Safari web browser which is a joy to use, I Photo… Read Full Review

“MacBook Pro 13" - 2 1/2 years, still going strong”

Written on: 17/01/2012 by mattdowling (4 reviews written)

This is my second Apple laptop, a MacBook Pro 13". I have used numerous Windows laptops supplied by my employer as well. I have used this for 2 1/2 years with almost daily use, mostly web browsing and emails but also photo editing, DVD viewing and basic web site creation. Summary below: - Screen is still bright and clear with excellent colours. - Battery life was excellent when new, at over 7hrs with wireless, slight lighting of the keys and near max brightness. Now, it's still a respectable… Read Full Review

“Apple MacBook Pro, 13 Inch, 2011 Model”

Written on: 23/08/2011 by bengarner (1 review written)

Apple have once again rolled out their next generation of MacBook Pros with very little change to the exterior. We have come to expect this from Apple, which tends to keep the design for a few years before undergoing a complete refresh. This is by no means a negative point, however; they are still some of the most (if not the most) beautifully designed machines of their kind- though we were hoping for a black model to slightly show off our new, heavily price-tagged, Apple goods. Specs What is… Read Full Review

Bengarner's Response to bengarner's Review

Written on: 27/08/2011

The strange symbols â<?><?> are quotation marks, for some reason they have not shown.

Bengarner's Response to bengarner's Review

Written on: 27/08/2011

or they are apostrophes

Read 2 Comments

“I love Apple Macs so I am always going to biased in...”

Written on: 25/09/2010 by Matarij (7 reviews written)

I love Apple Macs so I am always going to biased in favour of them. This one is, as usual, a brilliant apple product. At first the screen size took a bit of getting used to previously i had a 15inch macbook pro from work - but after a week i forget about the difference. Nifty little machine and i love it already - perfect for carrying if you are working away or travel a lot… Read Full Review

“I love this laptop! It's robust with features and...”

Written on: 02/06/2010 by janeburt (2 reviews written)

I love this laptop! It's robust with features and power. I love all the built-in extras (even a built-in iSight camera for video conferencing!) I also like the online help. I have yet to seek help online and leave without a workable answer and I've owned Mac's for 25 years! Also, I travel with my laptop and have even dropped it (in the bag) a couple of times. Thankfully, no damage at all! Amazing! One thing, this computer does require maintenance. It has to be cleaned up and taken care of or it… Read Full Review

Robinjoss's Response to janeburt's Review

Written on: 09/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because the information about the cleaning up process wasn't something I was aware of before reading it.

Read 1 Comment

“I got my Apple MacBook 2.00GHz through their college...”

Written on: 23/08/2009 by elmccormack99 (2 reviews written)

I got my Apple MacBook 2.00GHz through their college student discount program. Therefore, I got the computer, the Apple Care Protection Warranty, a free HP printer and a free iPod Touch all for the price of $1200. For those not eligible for this discount program, the computer alone retails for $1100, but it is still definitely worth this price.
My MacBook was an upgrade from my previous iBook G4, and while the MacBook is merely one step above the previous iBook, it is in fact one giant leap… Read Full Review

Sillyfox's Response to elmccormack99's Review

Written on: 28/10/2009

It is rather a good laptop except for the short battery life for me.
<br/>I would love to order one Apple Macbook Pro 13 Inch battery for my apple Macbook Pro 13 inch laptop here:
<br/>http://www.hunt360.net/apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-battery.htm