The Dirty Habit, Maidstone, Kent Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Dirty Habit, Maidstone, Kent - Ask a question now

“best salad ever”

Written on: 06/11/2014 by gix374 (7 reviews written)

went here recently for a friends birthday and had a great time. food was incredible and a really nice setting. i don't think i've ever had a salad as good as the one here, great work guys

“not satisfied”

Written on: 21/08/2012 by chr6275pas (2 reviews written)

Really bad cooking skills, if you can call the bad cooking a skill.

“Graet pub good food and super service!!”

Written on: 11/03/2010

Graet pub good food and super service!!

“Tried out after new management & a referbishment - but...”

Written on: 18/10/2009

Tried out after new management & a referbishment - but I wish I hadnt bothered - I ve have microwave meals which taste better than the roasts served here. Microwaved Roast Potatoes, - bearley enough veg to feed a fly, let alone a grown man, food tasteless & bland, & flat pepsi. The staff need to be more assertive as my friend said she didnt like rasins & the Apple Crumble was with raisin ice cream so a swap for vanilla was done, pity the waiter forgot the mention The Apple Crumble had raisens in too - good job she wasnt allergic. NO information on ingredients to the food or what is contains (probably as its all out of a packet) The food was way way overpriced for the quanilty. Also car park was full, yet pub was less than half empty - no where to park. May look good on the outside but I would recommend staying well away for Sunday lunch - far better value can be found at The Park Gate, Black Horse in Thurnham or even your local kebab shop.

“I agree with the first reveiwer. The Dirty Habit has...”

Written on: 21/08/2009

I agree with the first reveiwer. The Dirty Habit has had a good reputation for a number of years and I was suprised at being so disappointed with my experience there.

There were few customers on our Tuesday evening visit. This is not unusual in the current financial climate. So it is hard to judge what the atmosphere would have been like on a busier evening.

There beer, for Sheps, was good but the food was over-priced and substandard. Pies were advertised on the menu and before ordering we checked to ensure that they used short pastry. To our dismay we learned that they used puff pastry. This was, in both our views, lazy chefing. Can't he make short pastry?

We limited our order to the main course and a couple of pints of beer.

It is very hard to recommend the pub based on our experience.

“Visited The Dirty Habit, a lovely pub/restaurant last...”

Written on: 01/08/2009 by pleasant (1 review written)

Visited The Dirty Habit, a lovely pub/restaurant last night for the first time since it re-opened a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say it's a vast improvement in terms of management, decor, food and ambience over the previous occupants.

My wife an I decided to visit and have a meal. The pub and restaurant was busy with a nice relaxing atmosphere and would seem to cater for the forty something professional type, judging by the clientele.

We were quickly seated and given a menu. It has to be said that I was quite taken aback by the cost (cheese & biscuits as a starter for nearly £9.00 is an example) and relatively poor choice. We decided to share a portion of garlic bread as a starter and chose the chicken Supreme with Dauphonoise potato and the Monkfish for our main course. THe garlic bread was out of a packet, but OK however our main courses were dissapointing. The Supreme of Chicken consisted of two pieces of chicken (one breast and one drumstick- both with skin still on) laying on a bed of green beans with pile of potato to one side. I found it to be bland, dry and uninspiring. Certainly wasn't what I expected Supreme of Chicken to be. The Monkfish was similar.

We didn't bother with a desert and paid the bill which cam to nearly £40- bearing in mind we had a diest coke and mineral water (glasses- not bottles) a garlic bread to share and two main courses- I think that is on the high side....certainly considering the quality of food and the fact you eat in the main pub area and not a dedicated restaurant.

In summary I wouldn't recommend the food unless it improves- however I can certainly see us meeting up with friends for a drink there, as it's a nice place with a nice clientele- and you certainly don't get that in many places today.