Archers Sleepcentre Reviews

Archers Sleepcentre - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Archers Sleepcentre

“AVOID THIS ORGANISATION”

written by Miriamy165 on 04/11/2023

READ THEIR TRUSTPILOT - THE ONLY POSITIVE REVIEWS RELATE TO INSTORE PURCHASES - DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM ONLINE - HUGE AMOUNT OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS FOR ONLINE PURCHASES I cannot warn people enough about using this organisation. Having experienced frustating difficultes making payment on their website (their provider was at fault) I was sent a separate link to make payment. As an hour or 2 had passed I asked them to confirm my chosen delivery day would still be possible and was assured it would. Like a lot of people I was taking a day off and losing pay, something that is unavoidable so like a lot of people I tend to schedule all deliveries to occur on the same day. Delivery day arrives and I was assured I would receive an email/text with a 2 hour slot early in the morning. Once 11.30 had passed and no message received I contacted the company who informed me matter of factly that my delivery could not possibly happen until 2 days later. Understandably annoyed I pointed out that I would not only be inconvenienced but out of pocket due to needing to be in again for the rescheduled delivery and would therefore require some sort of good will payment. I was very surprised to be told I would receive a 2 man delivery (rather than 1) to offset the inconvenience which carries a retail price of £59. I responded that I would be more than happy to receive a refund of £59 as this seemed to be an acceptable good will cost to the company. I was then told that no refund would happen and that I should be content with my item being delivered 2 days late and with an entirely unnecesary extra human. I expressed my dissatisfaction and was told I had no other option as the terms and conditions outlined that there will be no compensation for missed deliveries. On the morning of delivery today I received a text giving me my 3 (not 2 as previously confirmed) delivery window and surprise, surprise delivery happened within the last hour so far too late for me to do anything with my product. I will never use this company again and would recommend that others choose an alternative supplier who has better customer service. I have never been so disgusted with an organisation who have a "you'll just have to put up with our failings" attitude. As you would expect I have retained all the emails/texts involved with this transaction so if any senior member of the organisation wants to use them for training purposes I will be very happy to provide them AVOID AT ALL COSTS

“Good value for money”

written by KillianLockhart1994 on 09/11/2021

Good value for money and quick delivery can't have any complaints

“Shoddy Mattress doesn't fit the bed purchased with them”

written by Aniya299 on 22/01/2021

I ordered a kingsize bed and chose one of their mattresses from the dropdown they suggested. The mattress was very poor quality and there is a large gap between the mattress and bedbase.I showed them the photo but they still insisted it fits fine and will charge £70 to collect the mattress before I can get a refund. Would never buy a mattress from them.

“Look for alternative retailer”

written by Headlk369 on 02/12/2020

I have purchased a mattress which was in stock. Few days later I was told that I have to wait 4-5 weeks for it. 5 weeks later it still did not arrive. After calling the company and trying to get the answer to "When will it arrive?" the customer service decided to drop my calls - on purpose. After calling again and requesting the supervisor I was told that they cannot tell me when I will receive my item as their supplier does not have any materials... If I did not reach out I would be kept in the dark. Eventually I have requested my deposit back and cancellation of my order. Awful communication, poor customer service, did not receive my item - stay clear, look for the alternative companies.

“Really friendly service”

written by LynnHaggerty on 08/11/2018

The staff certainly knew their stuff and if anything, went into too much detail at times! However, they did break everything down and explain it really well. I actually learned quite a lot :) They were really friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

“DO NOT BUY”

written by LillianHooper195 on 04/09/2018

They charge you for your items but then don’t deliver them. The staff are incompetent and promise you they’ve sorted it, but in fact haven’t done anything. Even the manager doesn’t have the curtesy to call back.

“Promise everything and deliver nothing!”

written by on 02/09/2016

I placed my order for a reinforced bed base, I was sent an email and a follow up text to say it was coming on the Friday. The night before I got a final text to give me a 4 hour window. On the day, I had a text from the courier to say that it wasn't in the warehouse to collect so would not be delivered. I contacted Archers who apologised and assured me that it would definatley be with me the next day. That night I had repeat communications and the next morning a text to say it still wasn't at the warehouse. After already taking a day off work, I gave the company one last chance. They guaranteed delivery for today (2/9/16). I got all the usual communications to confirm delivery for today only to receive a text this morning to say it wasn't in the warehouse and would not be delivered. I have asked for a refund. Be warned that they will tell you anything and deliver nothing!

“worst experience ever”

written by ScarletMcCracken53 on 08/07/2016

Ordered a bed for my grand daughter and it was delivered broken. Ordered a second one and that was delivered broken. Its been a nightmare to get them to take the rubbish beds away. Either they cant contact the couriers or the couriers don't turn up. They did turn up once but gave her 10 minutes notice when she was out. Think they took a photo of the house to prove they had been there. Apparently you have to stay in for 10 hours every day on the off chance they may turn up. This has been going on for 10 days now and my grand daughter is stuck with two beds in the kitchen in the meantime. I have had to open a dispute with them through Barclaycard to get my money back. BE WARNED DONT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!”

written by Christie42 on 09/06/2016

I was due to recieve an order yesterday 8/6/16 of a bed,wardrobe and drawers for my daughters bedroom. My husband took the day off work to await this delivery and called the company yesterday morning to track the order. He was told our goods would be with us by 12.30pm that afternoon. When no order arrived my husband called the store a further three times and was told on each occasion the goods were on their way. By closing time yesterday we had no goods, we have e-mailed this company four times and have not even had the courtesy of a reply!! On calling the store again half an hour ago the rather uninterested member of staff told us he would look into it (they have been looking into it for over 24 hours!!) It is obvious that once this company has your cash they are no longer interested you or your goods being delivered.It is the worst shopping experience/customer service I have ever encountered and I would advise anyone to avoid this company at all costs!! They are an Imcompetent,lying sorry excuse for a company and should be ashamed of themselves!

“TERRIBLE DAMAGED BED”

written by Hickey48 on 05/06/2016

BED ARRIVED ON TIME AND ON THE DAY HOWEVER IT WAS TERRIBLE, STAINED, WONKY AND SHODDY WORKMANSHIP.

“First class customer service.”

written by 126Keene on 16/02/2016

Recently purchased a double bed and mattress from the Great Western Rd branch of Archers the bed is excellent-- SO comfortable.The service was first class from start to finish,so good that we returned to purchase another bed for our daughter,again the service was excellent. The staff member in both purchases was fantastic,very knowledgeable and nothing was any trouble.

“pleasant experience”

written by on 08/02/2016

ordered a bed from ayr store and was assured delivery before my husband left to go back to work...through no fault of theirs the courier arrived a day later than expected.. the bed still arrived on time but as we had to arrange delivery it would unfortunately come after my husband left but through his own time the assistant actually came and built the bed for me wish I though was fabulous and I had also ordered a mattress as well which came earlier than expexted and the delivery men took straight upstairs without a quibble so all I can say is it was a great service from the guys at the AYR shop so many thanks .....

“TERRIBLE SERVICE !!!!”

written by Greyson15 on 26/01/2016

Ordered 3 set of divan beds on 18 Dec, arrived on 20 January!!! I wrote 3 emails, only after 1 week replied. Beds was delivered with damages, one mattress dirty, one of divan bed drawer broken and one headboard was not delivered !!! What is rubbish service ? i will not recommend to anybody use Archers Sleepcentre service, never!!! I payed £1500 for orders and i can see how they care about new costumes. Terrible experience, no words to explain !

“Excellent double bed ”

written by 1946McKenna on 25/01/2016

Purchased online birlea double bed in grey. Didn't hear anything for 3 weeks, contacted customer services they were waiting on bed coming into stock. 4 days later received email asking to call to arrange delivery. Arranged for Friday didn't arrive sent email and advised to call first thing on Monday, called & friendly man I spoke with said bed on route. Arrived home & hubby had already made bed up, cue one very happy teenager who just loves her new bed. Pretty easy to put together. Would definitely use archers again

“Did a good job”

written by Benjamin19 on 21/08/2015

I bought a mattress from this website on Wednesday and had it delivered yesterday - perfect. Only slept on it for one night but it was better than I had expected at the cheap price. I had checked the price against other websites and it was the cheapest that I could find this Silent night mattress for. All good!

“AVOID at all costs! ”

written by Amandafm on 08/07/2015

AVOID AVOID AVOID this company! Ordered a European Single mattress several weeks ago. Was sent a Single mattress (not European) which arrived with a stain on it. Contacted Archers who advised that they would send plastic packaging for us to repackage it. This took a week and another phone call in order to eventually receive it. Now being told I have to wait in all afternoon on the courier coming to pick up the mattress. Kind of difficult when you don't work locally and have already wasted a day waiting on an incorrect order to arrive! In the meantime ordered and have a great new mattress for my son from another company whilst still awaiting collection and refund from this incompetent company! Won't ever be using Archers again.

“happy with purchase ”

written by 385Roach on 25/06/2015

Bought racing car bed and mattress for my son, both good quality. Only problem that bed come one day latter then mattress.

“Expect you're item delivered next year ”

written by Hannah222 on 24/04/2015

Hi everyone I would not shop at archers sleep centre again. I ordered a bed not realising the delivery time was up to 6 weeks . Well that 6 weeks has passed today, I called the sleep centre only to be told my bed will not be delivered for another 10 weeks. So if you do shop here you should plan you're life 6 months in advance and order early. I received the mattress which was unpackaged and dirty. I let you make up you're own mind .

“Shop Elsewhere”

written by FlowersPowers on 12/02/2015

Any reassurance offered by their satisfaction guarantee should be ignored - read the small print. I strongly doubt they are selling to consumer codes. Wrong item delivered & about a week later than the date I selected. Apparently this was the 'new version' of what I ordered - nothing like it actually & definitely a cheaper product. Archers are very comfortable with this & immediately took the defensive line when I called up saying it would cost me £70 to take it away. Hell no! A week after that it was finally removed but then allegedly was kept in some holding bay before it was taken to Scotland ( why. It supposedly came directly from the manufacturer) & I wasn't entitled to my refund until it had been accounted for there. Yet a further week so now a full month from when I paid. Better to spend your money with an ethical company. Don't make the same mistake I did- go to a store, lay on the bed - shop elsewhere.

“Failed Deliveries and the only cost was to me!”

written by Deonne on 12/02/2015

I wish I had read these reviews to see how terrible they are before purchasing from them! My main issue with this company is not the products but the lack of care once they have your money. When purchasing online they take your money before delivery and now I know why. Firstly when they say they will notify you when the item is in to arrange delivery it is just an email that actually went into my junk folder and only on phoning them after 4 weeks of waiting did I find out the item was ready to delivery around 2 weeks ago but no-one bothers to phone you! Then when delivery was arranged which was a minimum of 3 days, I got a text the night before telling me a 3 hour time slot then on the day nothing...it got to 5.30pm and I look on the tracking to find it listed as a failed delivery as the item was not on the van! So tried to call anyone to get information and got nothing and was left in the dark all weekend. Eventually after calling them lunch time Monday after no-one returned my emails I was given a very "don't really care" attitude but after some huffing and puffing eventually found out something to do with it not being where it should of been or something and finally got them to agree to deliver the following day.......once again, nothing...phoned the courier company to be told it was too late to get onto the van for the next day, again no one really cared, the manager of Archers or anyone from the headoffice never returned any emails or calls. So again arranged for delivery the following day and the product eventually arrived. So it cost me 3 days holiday and when asking for compensation I was told we don't do compensation for late deliveries....even those this was NO delivery not late! Not to mention the cost to me.....they didn't give a monkeys, I am just relieve the products were not damaged and I would have had to deal with their support....or lack of it. Do not do business with them...they really do not care.