The Champagne Company Reviews

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

The Champagne Company - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Champagne Company

“Waiting 4 months for refund of £2700 keep getting...”

written by amyjane1 on 20/03/2024

Waiting 4 months for refund of £2700 keep getting told its on its way what cane I do.

Bobcox's Response to amyjane1's Review

Written on: 13/04/2024

I suggest that you contact your credit card company to get your money back, and report the company to Trading Standards for "Wrongful Trading"

“THINK THEY HAVE GONE BUST??”

written by ChampagneCharlieBoy on 08/03/2024

I placed 2 orders on 2 Feb - they didn't deliver and blamed DHL. But now they still haven't delivered a month later and I assume have gone BUST

“BIG CASH FLOW Challenges?”

written by ahsook.ahkou on 25/01/2024

Took our money and never delivered our champagne nor refunded the money. Check out TrustPilot reviews, for the last 30 days by selecting thru the filter .......

“Taken my money and not delivered any product”

written by VictoriaBar123 on 10/01/2024

Is this company going into administration?? I placed a christmas order for my business (as I have done successfully with them for the past 2years) - despite me placing this order on 7th December, they finally got back to me with a confirmation of the order on 13th December saying that I had missed the pre Xmas delivery deadline. I then asked that things be sent out immediately after new year as many offices are closed over the christmas period and was told I would be informed when items dispatched. No email has been received, not picking up the phones and not responding to emails - what is going on??

“Absolutely terrible”

written by PaulHow123 on 31/12/2023

Placed my order pre Xmas for products showing as in stock paid for delivery. Received a complete lack of any communication, no delivery info, no customer service, and no delivery. When I did email radio silence and then a response simply blaming everyone else, suppliers delays, a lack of customer service staff. Please take some ownership as I actually ordered from you and paid you money for product I still have not received. Now you have even asked me to rate product that I have not received. Unbelievable

“Quick delivery on time”

written by FranklinBenjamin on 01/06/2021

I place my purchase and get my delivery on time. Great quality Champaigns and the price is also reasonable with the quality. On their amazing website, the Champaign company has many more things, and the shipping service is really good, and the product I obtain is also proper. I am pleased to be a customer of the Champaign company and to have received my product on time.

“Poor service ”

written by Sportsbill on 21/12/2020

Placed order and paid for next working day delivery. When nothing came after 3 days I emailed to be told they didn’t have stock and wouldn’t have stock before Xmas. They are selling stock they don’t have and then your not notified unless you contact them. Very poor customer service will not be using again.

“Repeated delays in delivery until order cancelled”

written by awarne on 28/02/2017

I made an order for a present and paid delivery for 3-5 days. There was stock on the website but 3 days later they notified me the item was not in stock and delivery would likely be another 7-8 days later after their next stock delivery. There was no offer of compensation or refunding the delivery but I accepted this new delivery time. 6 days later I get notification that the item was not received in their stock delivery so I would have to wait another 8-9 days to receive the order. Considering this was to be a present, 3 weeks for delivery was not acceptable and I cancelled the order. I only give 2 stars because at least they were polite in their correspondence, even though completely useless.

“Terrible delivery service, won't issue full refund.”

written by LauraFC on 07/01/2016

order never showed up for my Dad's birthday. I did not receive the (expensive) delivery service I paid for and then they tried to charge me an additional 14 pounds for a re-delivery. Will never use this service again, completely appalled that they will not issue me a full refund. Go with a more reliable vendor. A complete waste of time and money.

“Champagne prices, Scrumpy service!”

written by JMLondon on 09/02/2015

I ordered a number of items on a Wednesday and paid extra for next day delivery as I was preparing for a party on the Saturday night. The items didn't arrive until the Monday! The late delivery would have been bad enough but they didn't try to contact me to even apologise and when I got in touch with them they said they would call me back and never did! I then found that almost every supermarket can undercut them as soon as there is a deal on. Better off looking out for offers during the year than buying from here.

“Item not received”

written by MiffyK on 22/01/2015

I ordered a bottle of Louis Roederer and Veuve cliquot Demi sec before Christmas total of £72. I didn't receive this item despite it saying it was signed for by someone whose name I don't know. I tried ringing the company but the number had been disconnected so I emailed and was told I'd get a response within 2 days. Nothing received by New Year so I disputed the item through PayPal. They looked at it for 2 weeks then came back to me to say that as the item had been signed for there was no dispute. The courier was city link which went into administration over Christmas and the company doesn't give a damn that I paid for goods I didn't receive. The chances are that the item was either delivered to the wrong address (who is going to turn down a box saying champagne on the front) or it was 'misplaced', either way once the company had their money they weren't interested in non delivery of goods. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

“Appalling Customer Service”

written by LornaPhillips on 17/12/2014

We placed order on 11th December 2014. To date, today 17th December 2014 still in processing. We have tried to phone on numerous occasions with no response. Their answering messaging service is also full. Have also sent two emails to Customer Service over 2 days with no response. We still have no idea when our order will be despatched. Extremely frustrating not being able to make contact with this company. I would not recommend

“Non delivery followed by non-existent customer service”

written by Kennediy79 on 17/12/2014

I ordered more than £300 worth of champagne on a Thursday for Saturday delivery (by 12), paying the extra costs for the express service. The parcel was allegedly shipped to me via Citylink (probably the worst courier I have ever come across). It did not arrive by noon on the Saturday. I call Citylink where I get to speak to the most disinterested and incompetent call agent in a long time. He confirms the package hasn't even left their depot. Promises to get back to me after speaking to the depot. Of course he never calls me back at all. As I need some of the champagne on a Sunday, I have to drop what I am doing, cancel an appointment and go buy an alternative. I'm now significantly out of pocket. Late afternoon still heard nothing from the courier, try to call the Champagne Company, but offices closed. I send an email. I cancel my appointments for the Monday (costing me a day in revenue and a cancelled train ticket I won't be able to get a refund for) in the naive belief that the courier will get its act together and deliver. Nothing happens, no package, no call from the courier, no response from the Champagne Company to my email. I call the Champagne Company at lunchtime: they seem to have no clue about my email, but again promises to speak to the courier and get back to me. Now almost 6pm on Monday and had no call back from either one of them. Never again will I buy from these people, it's not just that they fail to deliver what I paid for, they then also provide no customer service whatsoever. I purchase goods over the Internet all the time, usual to my complete satisfaction, but this must have been one of the most dreadful experiences I've ever had. I was left without the goods, significantly out of pocket, terribly inconvenienced, treated with contempt and infuriated at the terrible customer services from both the company as well as the courier.

“The Slowest Company to Dispatch Orders at Christmas Time”

written by Smileygirls on 16/12/2014

Please be aware, this company is very slow at processing and dispatching orders. 7 Working days was the maximum eta, looks like at the most I'll be hoping they'll meet that deadline. Ensure you order with plenty of time, I wanted to place more orders, but won't as I do not feel confident they can cope.

“Beware of this company !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

written by Richard_L1 on 08/12/2014

I ordered a bottle of wine for my wife's 40th Birthday there was a initial problem with the delivery address and so I had to collect it the day after from the couriers address, which was no problem when I arrived I was told there are too many parcels and would be sent out again. I waited in again no delivery when I returned again to the couriers they said it was broken/lost and a Saturday delivery would be arranged waited in again no delivery ! I ended up cancelling the order zero customer service !

“I would give 0 stars if it were possible”

written by johncanarias on 28/10/2014

I ordered a bottle of Moet on Sunday, for a special birthday on Tuesday, and paid extra for delivery before 12.00. I received a confirmation e-mail, and assumed all would be OK. On the Tuesday the champagne did not appear at 12.00. At 5 p.m. I received an e-mail from them asking for a scan of my passport and a recent utility bill, or I had the option to call them to make a bank transfer. They had the whole of Monday to carry on this buffoonery, but they waited until Tuesday night, after the special event. Completely useless, and I would not consider them players in this market. Credit to their web designer and SEO specialist though! Made a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

“"I am sorry to recieve your email" NOT "I am sorry for...”

written by Lincoln446 on 17/09/2014

Like the previous reviews I was impressed by site, layout, selection and pricing. In my hubris I went overboard and placed a large 1st order for next day delivery (a premium service) trusting that the Champagne Company would deliver on the services described and paid for! They failed! I received a partial delivery. The 2 magnums of champagne I required for a party the next day did not appear. I found myself wasting an hour of my time jumping in and out of cabs to find suitable replacements (unfortunately warm replacements) with local wine shops only hours before I was due to receive guests. Of the dozens of orders I placed for the event and hundreds of pounds spent the only failure was that of this "Luxury product" supplier! My orders from Ocado, masterofmalt.com, littlecherry.co.uk, calor gas, ascotwholesale.co.uk, drinkstuff.com, John Lewis, eskimo-ice.co.uk among others all delivered on time and without any issues. Some even went out of their way fix errors (calor gas). Many of these orders were a fraction of the value placed with the Champagne Company. Do not be lured into believing this slick web interface and selection of premium product provided by this e-tailer will come with the service that befits the products it sells. Upon complaining to the company the response time has been 5 days! The Champagne Company was "sorry to receive my email" but at no point sorry for their failure! No phone-call until just before posting this review (5 days later) and after prompt to resolve! In summary The Champagne company fails to deliver the services it charges for fails in it's customer service fails it customers Unreliable!

“Lovely Bubbly ”

written by Greg3000 on 07/04/2014

Ordered 3 bottles of champagne in gifts sets with glasses. The website was easy to use. Was emailed a tracking number when the order was processed. The delivery was prompt and the contents was well packaged. Lots of bubble warp. I don't like the company logo on the boxes but its not really a problem. Nothing was broken or damaged. I would use them again.

“Good quick delivery shame about the box”

written by on 16/01/2014

I ordered a Jeroboam of Lanson for Christmas. The order process was quick and easy and I was able to track the order all the way to my door. The product was quite well packed within a company logo cardboard box and then the wooden box was wrapped inside. Sadly the wooden box was a little battered and split. The bottle inside was fine and packed very well and the free card looked fantastic. All in all I was happy with my order and the service and would use them again, however I was a little put out they allowed such a tatty battered wooden box to be sent out, and I felt this let them down slightly and me as I didn't want to give a tatty box as a gift.

“Top notch service!”

written by on 27/12/2013

I ordered a gift for my sister from the Champagne Company in July. Unfortunately I waited until the day before it had to be delivered to make said order and missed the official cut-off for next day delivery. I received an e-mail from the company noting that the item I ordered was out of stock. Picking up from my message that this is quite an important gift, they exchanged it for another similar item and ensured that the gift arrived right on time. It was the best customer service experience I've had the whole of 2013. They really went beyond what was required to exceed my expectations. Based on this encounter, I would definitely recommend the Champagne Company to friends and family and make use of their service in future.