Watchfinder Reviews - www.watchfinder.co.uk

Watchfinder www.watchfinder.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Watchfinder www.watchfinder.co.uk

Watchfinder www.watchfinder.co.uk

“not good to sale you're watch to watchfinder”

Written on: 19/07/2017 by Demetrius1981 (1 review written)

Sold two watches to watchfinder in which I had bought previously got rock bottom price for them . But then had to wait over a week for money to be bank transferred .Customer service very vague .I have been a good customer for some years with watchfinder but no more .Say away from this company… Read Full Review

“Damaged my watch & sell damaged watches”

Written on: 07/04/2017 by cameronfraser (1 review written)

I first sent my IWC Portuguese to Watchfinder.co.uk in November 2016 for a service. I received the watch in late December 2016 only to find dust on the dial and that the second hand was jumping and jolting, rather than smoothly sweeping as it did before Watchfinder's 'Head Watchmaker' serviced the watch. I returned the watch to Watchfinder the same day, and I was informed that a Managing Director, would personally inspect my watch prior to dispatch. The watch was returned to me in mid-January… Read Full Review

“Planet ocean. Repaired. Again And again and again”

Written on: 24/03/2017 by cxDowling497 (1 review written)

I've had dealings with the company on a few occasions. I bought a planet ocean a year ago for 3850. I then decided to get a quote to sell back to them and was quoted 3000. So a 850 loss after 1 year. It then broke. Faulty helium release valve. I was told it would take 1 week for a repair at their "certified omega service centre". They then told me omega needed to repair it under warranty. This took another 3 wks. I got the watch back and 2 weeks later lo and behold..... same fault. I took… Read Full Review

“Excellent Watch p/ex”

Written on: 01/03/2017 by hughhastings (1 review written)

I completed a p/ex handled by the person at Watchfinder and even though my Rolex was found to have some damage to the crystal glass which resulted in a fall in its value to cover the cost of going back to Rolex, I always felt 100% comfortable with the advice I was given and the watch I bought is perfect in every way. A very reassuring and competent company… Read Full Review

“First Class Service”

Written on: 22/01/2017

Thank you for finding me the perfect watch, it's exactly what I wanted. Absolutely superb with all the original paperwork in perfect condition. Professional, first class service. Thank you for help and hard work. … Read Full Review

“Rip off merchants ”

Written on: 14/01/2017 by Ripoffrouguetraders (1 review written)

Bought a brand new watch 3 weeks ago, unworn , paid £6500 for it, Watchfinder offered half that to sell, they either need an eye test or stop writing great reviews about themselves Worth a report on Rip off Britain and watchdog, rogue trader… Read Full Review

“Love rekindled”

Written on: 23/12/2016 by patriotwales (1 review written)

HI Guys, Just a brief note to commend you on your service. I had been trying to source a Corium Bubble Dive Bomber for many years and to find it with a respected company such as Watchfinder was a real coup. I immediately contacted you and the service received from the person I dealt with was superb very patient and very efficient the watch arrived an hour ago and is superb in every detail ‘love rekindled’. On this evidence I cannot recommend Watchfinder highly enough. Many thanks, … Read Full Review

“5 star rolex ”

Written on: 22/12/2016

Again I have used watchfinder to part x my watchs and get something on my wish listo. He looked after the deal and nothing was any trouble for hi. Even after I sent three of my watchs away and then asked for one back to send a different one in its place. The hole deal still went smooth I will definitely return and speak to him about my next purchase ...thanks watchfinder… Read Full Review

“Part exchange and service ”

Written on: 15/11/2016 by Dogmann55 (1 review written)

Found the whole process of selling my watch and getting my new watch to be simple and efficient and found all members of staff I had dealings with to be polite professional and helpful. I was given two prices for my watch the same day as I called the higher price being subject to the watch being as described with the lower price being there in case of it not being as good as I said. Once my watch was received by the service centre they confirmed the higher price to me and I was very impressed… Read Full Review

“Amazing service and excellent value”

Written on: 04/09/2016 by ErnestShields (1 review written)

My wife has been secretly looking for a high end watch when we came upon Watchfinder She picked a second hand Rolex the price was very good. With the watch being 28 years old I honestly thought that we had been sent a different watch as the condition Was as new. I will certainly be buying from them again . 1st class service all round. Thankyou very much. P P Thompson… Read Full Review

“Would NOT Recommend!”

Written on: 16/06/2016 by 497O'Donnell (1 review written)

So I decided to purchase a Breitling watch from watchfinder which I negotiated down to £2000. I found the sales advisors to be very knowledgeable and helpful but not pushy, so far I was impressed with the experience. The day after placing my order (when they had taken my money) I got an email saying they needed some additional information of mine, which I found strange so I called the number on the email. I got through to an unprofessional, aggressive woman who told me if I didn't send them a… Read Full Review

“Chopard Purchase”

Written on: 15/05/2016 by AceLynch (1 review written)

I Spoke to two member of the team before purchasing via website. Ordered at 5pm & order was dispatched the following day. Salesman gave more details on the watch than available on website. I had a small issue which customer service dealt with very quickly to my satisfaction. Team were all very pleasant to deal with. Excellent to buy from & have recommended… Read Full Review

“Beware”

Written on: 25/03/2016 by P.Young (1 review written)

Having been diagnosed with bone cancer and three ribs removed, I decided to treat myself to an expensive watch, namely a Patek Phillipe Annual Calendar with Complications such as moonphase, day/night indicator, etc. that have to be adjusted using a special stylus on four tiny buttons on its sides. But which buttons and how? (This is quite different to a chronometer that has a stop-watch, dials for seconds, etc., obviously started and stopped by large buttons and the crown.) I found on getting… Read Full Review

Customerservicewatchfinder's Response to P.Young's Review

Written on: 31/03/2016

Good morning,

I am writing to you in regards to my previous e-mail below, and in reference to Richards e-mail to you attached.

As mentioned should a manual come into us we would be happy to supply this to you. I am currently in possession of a hard copy manual for your watch, which I am happy to supply to you free of charge as a gesture of good will.

The manual will be posted to you today via recorded delivery as full and final settlement in regards to this matter.

--------------------------------------------

From: Customer Service

Dear,

I have been passed your e-mail in my capacity as customer service manager.

As per the advertisement on the website and upon your viewing in store, the watch is not advertised with a manual or any additional extras. It is advertised as having papers, in reference the warranty papers- pictured and the Patek box.

The watch has no fault mechanically and is not missing these items, they were never supplied or sold with the watch. On that basis we would not look to offer a refund. In regards to your Breitling as you are aware the part exchange and sale are two separate transactions and as such we have no legal obligation to return the watch

I have attached a couple PDF copies for an automatic Patek, however we do not stock manuals and currently do not have the same model watch in stock in order to take a scan of a manual. I have spoken to the service manager to see if we are able to source one, and if so I will advise of price in order for you to purchase a manual.

--------------------------------------------

Dear

Oh Dear! I'm amazed and horrified to hear that Watchfinder are selling a watch of this caliber without clearly stating it is missing the manual/ instructions/ etc. That I would have no means of using its multiple Complications after next weekend, renders it, in the words of the Trades Description Act, 'Not fit for purpose'. Had their been any indication of this deficiency on Saturday I would never have considered buying it. As it was at a premium price compared with the other three 5135's in the New Bond Street area, I expected a product I could at least use.

I have therefore carefully considered the matter for the last six hours. My conclusion is that under the circumstances, I must refute the sale on the grounds that the product is deficient/ faulty, return the PP watch, box and certificates now, and require the return of my Breitling and refund me in full, please.

I have sought for compromises, but as Patek Phillipe no longer have any of the missing booklets and offer no support for them, while to find your service department is only seeking a quote from Patek Phillipe for the missing stylus, supply of which within 'two to three weeks' was made a condition of sale, and its non-supply by March 12th could therefore see Watchfinders default on their contract and my requiring the return of my watch and cash at that time, means we might as well save time and return matters to the status quo anti immediately.

Unless you have a more favoured carrier, I will dispatch your watch tomorrow through DHL for security tracking and you should receive it by Wednesday lunchtime and refund me the same day. Which address do I send it to, please?

Yours.

-----------------------------------------
Good morning,

Thanks for your purchase on Saturday.

Having checked our records the Patek only came into stock with the certificate and warranty card, no instructions I’m afraid. I have asked our service team to enquire re replacements when they are being quoted for the stylus, I’ll be in touch as soon as they’ve heard back from PP.

Read 1 Comment

“Do NOT buy second hand!”

Written on: 14/03/2016 by swawuk2004 (1 review written)

My experience with Watchfinder started well in December 2015, Salesman (Maidstone) was friendly and helpful. Showed me a selection of watches. I picked the one for me and paid for it. It was a Breitling Super Avenger, it came with the original box and paperwork. Unfortunately it didn't come with spare links but luckily it fitted fine. That was the good part!! Now the BAD parts. Not even a month later I went to set the time on my watch and the crown came loose. The reason why I had to set the… Read Full Review

Customerservicewatchfinder's Response to swawuk2004's Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

The damage to the watch was caused by user error as confirmed by our service centre and Breitling. On that basis you were liable for the full cost of the works to rectify this, as quoted by Breitling of £604.00 inclusive of VAT.

Watchfinder offered to pay half towards a reduced cost of the service £200.00 on the basis you were purchasing additional items. When you advised you would not be proceeding with any future purchases, as a further gesture of good will, on the basis you pay the £400 in full ( discounted price) we would be happy to cover the excess.

Both of these offers were declined and you have subsequently proceeded the works with Breitling at the full cost of £604.00, in order to repair the damaged caused by user error. As such Breitling will issue you with a 12 month service warranty.

When sending a watch back to a service centre they will always quote to get the watch back to ‘as new condition’ you have purchased a pre owned item. You will also note that any quotes for cosmetic work is optional and therefore does not have to be proceeded.

I refer to the attached quote from Breitling that states ‘necessary work’ is £604.75 inclusive of VAT other works are optional.

To that end we would not look to make any further offers. I feel we did our utmost to assist you in this matter, and supplied very reasonable solutions which were not utilised.

Read 1 Comment

“Second time, second hand, first class!”

Written on: 22/12/2015 by 298Hayes (1 review written)

This is the second time I have used Watchfinder to buy a pre-owned watch, both times I received exactly what I wanted in first class condition and at significantly lower cost than new. Originally I ordered a Breitling direct from the website, it arrived as planned in great condition and was paid for painlessly over a few months using the interest free credit facility. This time after searching the website and narrowing the field I walked into the Leeds shop and bought a Frederique Constant… Read Full Review

“TIMELESS & PRICELESS customer service ”

Written on: 02/12/2015

Watch arrived on time Beautiful watch looked as new enemy though two years old Box as new Came with one years Watch finder warranty and polishing cloth , very nicely packaged Watch was a tad too.small , nothing too much trouble for watch Finder They managed to source a link for me and sent it for me , watch now fits like a glove . I cannot speak highly enough about this company their sales team really now their watches as well… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 14/10/2015 by Chanda (3 reviews written)

I ordered a watch and had numerous emails and no one told me about damaged box until after i got email confirmation re dispatch. When i asked to return the customer services bluntly said you return at your expense and make sure its insured and we will inspect it to see it meets OUR HIGH STANDARDS what a joke? Then it will take 14 days for refund, BEAWARE I am lucky i was going to order 2 more watches for xmas so glad decided to see this 1st. … Read Full Review

“Purchase and trade in”

Written on: 03/09/2015

Managed to fit in a visit to Watchfinder on a recent trip to London, took my trade in and had arranged for a watch from another branch to be delivered to the Royal Exchange shop to view. Never had an appointment but was attended to in good time by Tim. Very helpful knowledgeable guy, and very keen to please. Made a real good deal with Tim, great trade in price and on the watch I was purchasing. All in all a very good experience, would highly recommend. Thank you Tim… Read Full Review

“Watchfinder”

Written on: 27/07/2015 by tonypdeadman (0 reviews written)

Go careful buying a watch online from watchfinder, if you do have to send the watch back for any reason, the return package they send out is only insured for £500. You could end up losing the watch and your money if the watch is lost in transit. I had a problem with a £4000 IWC and was told to insure the watch myself for the return. I did have a problem with the strap that was eventually sorted after a local watch company helped with the fitting, which was an extra cost. The service care… Read Full Review

Customerservicewatchfinder's Response to tonypdeadman's Review

Written on: 06/08/2015

Good morning,

In response to your recent review, as you are aware we cannot insure your watch. That responsibility is to the owner.

In terms of having to send a watch back under warranty, we will of course cover the postage costs.

You also have the option of dropping the watch into one of our three premises or using a courier to cover the full value of your watch, and again we offer to cover up to £30.00 for the postage costs.

We replaced the new strap with another free of charge, however we made an error in terms of not sending on the buckle, which I apologies for as this oversight should not have occurred. We offered again to send a returns pack in order to fit this free of charge, which appears has been declined as I see you have had this fitted else where at a cost to yourself.

Had you contacted us of your intention to do this in the first instance we could have offered further assistance.

I am sorry that you feel that the service received was terrible and if you wish to discuss this further please contact me.

Many Thanks
Natalie

“One to avoid”

Written on: 17/05/2015 by Andersen1969 (1 review written)

Purchased a watch online. Only to be sent the same model but a different colour. A most ridiculous argument ensued with several staff involved. Clearly pictures taken of watches do not match as shown on line. Watch returned and found a different online retailer who proved to be rather more honest and friendly to deal with. Considering a very expensive product is being retailed I was overall appalled at every facet of interaction with this company… Read Full Review