Buy Our Honeymoon Reviews - www.buy-our-honeymoon.com

Buy Our Honeymoon www.buy-our-honeymoon.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy Our Honeymoon www.buy-our-honeymoon.com

Buy Our Honeymoon www.buy-our-honeymoon.com

“Fantastic honeymoon gift list service”

Written on: 06/06/2017

I first came across Buy Our Honeymoon on Lovemydress.net, and after extensive research in to online gift registries we decided that this was the site for us. We loved the design options to match the theme of your honeymoon and the overall layout of the pages that our guests would see. It honestly could not have been easier to customise our pages, the editing functions were so simple to use. The payment options were also great, the whole site made it so easy for friends and family to give us gifts, we even had friends in the US use it with ease. The customer service was also fantastic, so quick to reply and helpful, I will be recommending this company to all future brides I meet.

“Brilliant and simple to use Honeymoon Registry Website”

Written on: 06/11/2016 by Honest_Feedback (1 review written)

We spent a fair amount of time looking through different Honeymoon Registry websites and none compared to what "Buy Our Honeymoon" could offer it terms of simplicity and value for money. You make a one off payment to the website and then your page stays live for as long as you need it. Go Cardless made it very easy for our guests to make card payments and they only take a very small 1% fee for the transaction. Our guests complimented it's look and ease of use. We were delighted to have the money in our account around 7 days after each donation was made. It also keeps a record of what each guest donated and their message for future use - handy for thank you cards and keep sake. You can also request complimentary business card sized gift cards which we put in with our invitations.

“Don't waste your time ”

Written on: 30/09/2016 by Victort78 (1 review written)

The idea of this is brilliant but in reality the matter how many people you give the link to nobody will actually use it and it will be the biggest waste of £50 ever. There should be a refund policy if it isn't used. Weddings are so expensive anyway and you're left so out of pocket afterwards as it is. You may as well just scrunch up that £50 and chuck it in the bin! :-(

Buy-Our-Honeymoon's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2016

We’re very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Please give us a call so that we can find your details, and we’ll be happy to arrange a refund.
— Shelley and Andrew

Read 1 Comment

“Intuitive and useful”

Written on: 28/08/2015 by Santino406 (1 review written)

I would highly recommend buy-our-honeymoon to anyone wanting an easy and intuitive online wedding list. The options to entirely customise the list, including uploading photos are great. I also found it really useful to have many options for each item (e.g. a fixed price, open donation, etc). Customer service was fast and friendly. I submitted a query about making our list private and it was all efficiently sorted within a few hours. My guests all founds it easy to use and i didn't have to deal with any queries about how to give us a present.

“Easy to use and lots of compliments ”

Written on: 25/08/2015 by Kristenb458 (1 review written)

We had some concerns that people may find it awkward to give us money but the website gave us the perfect alternative. People really enjoyed seeing the activities we were up to and we had a lot of compliments from the people we were concerned about initially. It was very easy to use, my only disappointment was the charges imposed by stripe but I guess they have to make money somehow.

“Fantastic Site, Easy to Use!”

Written on: 01/07/2015 by FridaDelaney (1 review written)

What a brilliant concept this is! We had a great response from people and although guests were really just giving us money they felt like they were buying something. A great idea to take photos of what they have bought you so you can send a pic in the thank you card. It was really fun setting up the page. The way it's set out is really easy to use and also really easy to add your own personal style whilst giving you guidance… I would recommend setting up the Go Card less payment so people can have the option of paying at the time or putting cash in a card for you. Most of our friends and family used the online payment so we didn't have to worry about going to pay in huge sums of cash before we left for the holiday. Money well spent, so glad we used this site!

“Brilliant idea!”

Written on: 16/06/2015 by Kleet (1 review written)

Loved using buy our honeymoon! A friend used the website and we loved the idea so used it for our gift list a year later. We had so many great comments from friends and family as they were able to buy us activities during our honeymoon and really felt included rather than just giving cash. It made our thanks yous easier as we could actually personalise them. The website was so simple to set up and display how we wanted! Overall an amazing service and idea! Highly recommended!

“Excellent service, would thoroughly reccomend”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by TamaraFoley140 (1 review written)

I am a bit late with my review of buy-our-honeymoon.com(we got married well over a year ago) but the reason I am leaving my review now, is that I can now fuly appreciate what a fantastic service this was. As I was the first of my friends to get engaged and married, it is great that I can now be helpful in the wedding planning department, especially that now all my friends are getting engaged and married too. I would definitely reccomend "buy our honeymoon" to anybody, especially as so many people already have a house or flat and everything that goes with it. It is such a gorgeous way to record all the messages and thoughts from friends and family. It is very also flexible, with all the options available for gifting (some older members of my family are still very unsure about handing money to the scary internet) it was great that they could pick their gift, write the message, and pop the cheque in the post. I was actually just trying to explain the service to a friend when i suddenly remebered that when we paid for the service, they explained our site would stay live indefinitely, so I actually got to show her instead. Reading back through all our gift messages was so emaotional and special, and I will be going home and reading through them again with my husband. Lastly, the little cards to pop in with the invites were so perfect; lovely and subtle, but so much easier than having to explain the service yourself. Best £50 we spent on the wedding!

“Such a brilliant idea”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by JudiandNeal (1 review written)

My fiance and I had just amalgamated our two households and were thinking more along the lines of 'what can we take to the charity shop?' than 'what would we like people to buy for us?' We thought about asking our guests for cash towards our honeymoon, but it felt a bit awkward. I did a bit of Googling and came up with Buy our Honeymoon.com. It immediately struck as as genius! Setting up our list was very easy and we had really good fun putting it together and finding gorgeous pictures to upload to represent each item. We had never been to Crete before, so the option to have you populate our list with suggestions was also extremely useful. Our guests found it easy to use and really seemed to like it. I even went in after we opened our other presents and added them manually, so we could keep our list all in one place. Our honeymoon was wonderful and made all the more special because of the contributions and input of our friends and families. Not being in the first flush of youth, we really would have chickened out of that Samaria Gorge thing if someone hadn't bought it for us! In the event, we were really pleased and proud that we did it though.

“Best wedding present list ever!”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by lgrout (2 reviews written)

Its always awkward asking for cash for wedding presents but using buy our honeymoon everyone felt they were contributing to something special and to a "certain item". It was simple to set up and free. It was fun choosing all we wanted to do and where to stay on our honeymoon. It engaged all our guests who all commented on what a great website. They felt they were on the journey with us. Great service!

“Great Alternative to traditional gifts”

Written on: 13/03/2014 by JeanFlores (1 review written)

Love this website - buy our honeymoon! Great when you don't want pots and pans but love your vacations! This gives you the chance to make the honeymoon even more special with treats you would not normally have! The website is really easy to use and you can personalize it as much or as little as you want. The site provides you with plenty of ideas and prompts along the way. And if you have any issue or question, you can email customer service and receive a very quick response. I highly recommend this as a modern way of celebrating your wedding and engaging all your guests in your honeymoon too as many people still prefer to give something (more than just money for a wedding gift), although this is effectively what they are doing with this site, but it allows you to have the freedom to book things yourself. The list makes it a lot easier and fun for everyone!

“Great alternative to the traditional wedding list!”

Written on: 04/11/2013

As an older couple, we didn't want traditional wedding gifts of household items, but loved the idea of a super-luxurious honeymoon. Our family and friends were delighted to help pay for this via the site, and many commented how much easier it was for them to choose a gift for us.

“Excellent service”

Written on: 29/08/2013

Very easy to use and looks great

“Excellent Service and Easy To Set Up and Use”

Written on: 29/07/2013 by shudk2 (1 review written)

Buy Our Honyemoon was easy and efficient from Day One. The templates were great, and it was so easy to set up. I could use my PC or ipad or phone to create the list as I went along. I had one technical difficulty and I rang the helpline and got it resolved immediately. We set up payments via GoCardless and PayPal which all worked seamlessly. Our guests enjoyed choosing all the things they could buy for our honeymoon, but we added some household things as well, so it was great to be able to mix it up. I also like the way you can change the web site if you want to - we changed ours to 'ourweddinglist'. The cards that come with the service, for the invitations were lovely and good quality. I would highly recommend this website and I think the fee was well worth paying. Thank You for making my life easy and our wedding list an experience for our guests!

“Modern, easy to use, fun way to celebrate your wedding!”

Written on: 12/06/2013 by LisaDec (1 review written)

Love this website - buy our honeymoon! Great when you don't want pots and pans but love your holidays! This gives you the chance to make the honeymoon even more special with treats you would not normally have! The website is really easy to use and personalise as much or as little as you want. it provides you with plenty of ideas and prompts along the way. You can even choose the URL you use on your invites! There is a real personal service too as only down side is compatibility with iPads on some of the functionality but a really speedy customer service to help you - almost as soon as I had e-mailed! Would highly recommend as a modern way of celebrating your wedding and engaging all your guests in your honeymoon too as many people still prefer to give something more than just money for weddings! effectively this is what they are doing on this list as you have the freedom to book things yourself but the list makes it a lot easier and fun for all!

“FAN - BLOOMING -TASTIC!”

Written on: 02/06/2013 by Kellyhibbett (1 review written)

Initially, we were a bit concerned about how to 'word' our list but the site gave great ideas and tips. Putting together out list made us even more excited about our honeymoon, and really made us research what was available, thus making sure we got the best of everything. It was so easy to use, both for us and our guests, and everyone felt that they were making a real contribution to the start of our married life. I really can't reccomend it highly enough. Fantastic!

“Fantastic service!”

Written on: 02/03/2013 by katebsanders (1 review written)

Service was great - easy and straightforward to use. I chose the option of paying £5 for the team to create our list for us - this worked really well and meant that we found some out of the way places to visit that we'd never have thought of going to and also did some activities that we would never have done as well. Love the gift list cards they send out to be included with your invitations as well. Would definitely recommend!

“Really great idea, worked perfectly”

Written on: 27/08/2012 by GrahamAndAnna (1 review written)

This was the perfect tool for us. We didn’t want any gifts as we have recently merged two households. Contributions to our honeymoon seemed the perfect idea. We had seen a couple of travel agents do this kind of thing, but it tied us to a travel agent and they didn’t seem the best value – and limited our choice especially for the specialist diving honeymoon we wanted. This was the perfect solution – allowed us to have exactly the honey moon we wanted, allowed guest to feel they were buying us something specific rather than just giving us money, it was low cost and great value, easy to setup, the guests seemed to like it and the support from the team was great. All in all a very good experience.

“Service Above & Beyond!”

Written on: 16/08/2012 by cheryl79 (1 review written)

Wow, I could not recommend this site more. It was so easy to set-up and looked great, our guests were very impressed with overall look. The add on service we purchased which meant they provided huge list of possible idea's/ entries on our destination save a huge amount of time and effort on our part. It was all done super quickly and efficiently. With a step by step guide for everything including how to set up pay pal accounts etc. At any time you can view who'd bought what, how they paid, messages they left etc and even after wedding was past we could logon and see gift history to reference for writing our thank you cards. Any queries I had were answered almost instantly and it all had a real personal touch you don't get with most web businesses. They went above and beyond what level of service you would expect. A big Thank you Cheryl & Jason

“Bring your dream honeymoon to life for friends and family!”

Written on: 06/07/2012 by NicolaandPaul (1 review written)

As folks in our 30s who were both home owners before we met, and now have a home together we have enough toasters, irons, kettles and towels to last us a lifetime - so when it came to a wedding list we were at a bit of a loss. We didn't like the idea of people just giving us cash, we wanted something more personal. I'd read in a bridal mag about this idea, and while I didn't use the one they mentioned (!) I did a google search and found buyourhoneymoon. We were delighted with the quick response and clear answers to our questions. It was great fun putting the site together and making it unique to us, even down to the web address. We loved getting the emails to say someone had bought something instantly - it was all very exciting! We had loads of people say to us they really enjoyed reading what we'd written about our planned trip of a lifetime (South Africa and Mauritius) and loved being able to select gifts / experiences which they could add a personal note to. It's good value for money. It's quick, easy and flexible - with great service to boot. Moreover, we'll now have a record of what people said which we'll add to our many keepsakes from our special day and amazing honeymoon - I'm welling up with happy tears just writing this!! So thank you to whoevers brain was behind buyourhoneymoon - we have and will be recommending you to others.

Asked by JoanneCuff on 6th January 2015 Report this content
Could we use it for a family honeymoon?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site