The Stuffed Olive, Northampton Reviews

3.5
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Stuffed Olive, Northampton - Ask a question now

“I have dined at the stuffed olive on several occasions...”

written by on 10/02/2010

I have dined at the stuffed olive on several occasions at the quality of food has been always excellent.
Unfortunately due to the small size of the restarant, it can feel crowded when fully booked (which is most nights!) but this is not the fault of the owners and mearly shows the popularity of the venue.
I would recommend this place to anyone!

“Was worried after reading the negative reviews on...”

written by slug123 on 06/09/2009

Was worried after reading the negative reviews on various sites about going to The Stuffed Olive again, however my worries were cast aside! Having eaten there twice in the last 3 years, I expected a significant change of menu, but sadly most dishes, with the exception of the desserts, were still the same. That and the lack of soft drinks available were my only criticisms. The food was excellent in quality and cooked to perfection, and everyone (there were 5 of us)loved what they ate. Portion sizes were just right. The place was very clean, light and airy. Staff were very polite and friendly and we weren't rushed out of the restaurant at the end of the meal! We ate early evening and the place started to fill up around 7.00pm.

“Northampton has a plethora of different restaurants,...”

written by picassoesq on 10/05/2009

Northampton has a plethora of different restaurants, many of which are fairly unexceptional and few of which are actually worth writing about. The Stuffed Olive was one of the few restaurants that opened in the last couple of years, that managed to provide a successful combination of ambience, service and cuisine. having eaten there on four separate occasions, it is interesting to see how its success seems to have fostered a level of apathy in its management and a demise in the quality of its food.
The menu is fairly limited which would be fine if it changed or if the quality of the dishes was consistent. Over cooked food, long waits and rude management was the lasting impression of my last visit and I wonder how long it will be until this has a direct affect on the numbers of customers through the door?